Eight.

Forbidden Hearts

Luhan swung his umbrella protectively as he neared the building. He could make out 4 men, large in size, sitting on low stools under a section of the collapsed building. He approached them, shaking in his skin tight clothing. What a sight he probably looked. A baby-faced man in dance clothes, armed with nothing but a Hello Kitty umbrella. 

The men slowly looked up as he approached, sizing him up. They all held soju bottles in their hands, and cigarette smoke curled hazily around them. One man, the largest one with a face like a pig, laughed as he approached. He looked jeering, as if Luhan were nothing more than a child. Luhan felt anger flaring. 

"Where's the money?" The pig-like man demanded in a rough Busan accent. He stubbed his cigarette on the wall, then ground it under his heavy boot. Luhan swallowed, holding out the umbrella in front of him. "I won't give it until you show me where she is!" He declared in a weak, faltering voice. 

The man's nostrils flared, and anger flitted across his face, though only for a second. He calmly raised his soju bottle and heaved it powerfully against the concrete wall, where it exploded in a shower of glass. He withdrew his arm. A long cut glistening with dark red blood ran along his hand, but he didn't seem to notice it. Luhan felt sick. "Give the money. NOW!" His thick voice raised into a roar at the last word, and Luhan jumped. The other men snickered at his fear. "Ok, sure." He mumbled, his hands shaking as he reached for his wallet. He threw the bundle of money at the men's feet, and raised his chin defiantly. "Now where is she?"

~~~~~~~

Sooyoung had woken up. She stared up at the ceiling blankly, not feeling any emotion. The hysteria had passed long ago; she had kicked furiously at the door, repeatedly for who knew how long, sobbing and cursing. That had done nothing but made her foot sore, and now she cradled it, feeling no pain. A feeling of numbness had passed over her, like a force field. 

There was a sound from outside the door. She remained staring at the ceiling. It would only be the men again. They had come several times already, a jumble of different faces, laughing at her as she'd retreated into the corner of the room. At first, she'd fought back, launching herself at them and digging her grimy nails into their skin. One man had hurled her against the concrete wall with a shout, and she'd hit it with such impact that her breath was knocked out. After that, she'd pay no attention to them as they treated her like some exotic zoo animal. 

The lock rattled, and the door swung open. She stared up, eyes b with tears of frustration. They had somehow come, without warning. "Piss off." Sooyoung said rudely, voice loud with anger. Hands lifted her up, and she squirmed away. "Let me go!" She spat, hands scratching at the person's chest. She looked up hatefully, and gasped. 

Luhan looked down at her, eyes more deer-like than ever with emotion. He smiled at her, and said something, but she couldn't hear him. 

So now she was hallucinating. Imagining things. Didn't people hallucinate just before they died? She shook her head and continued squirming. This person wasn't Luhan. Luhan wouldn't have cared enough to come. No one would. 

The person smelled good, though. Like aftershave, honey... and a lot of sweat. None of the other men had smelled like this, only of smoke and alcohol. She allowed herself to look up at the handsome face again. "Luhan?" He nodded at her, hands lifting her chin up. 

"I'm here. Are you fine?" His voice was concerned; he really did care about her. Sooyoung laughed, and nuzzled her face into his shoulder. "I'm so glad you're here." She whispered, smiling into his shirt. He'd placed a hand on her back, just above her wounds. She winced. He seemed to notice her pain, because he flipped her over and lay her on his arms, face up. She stared up at his face, into his eyes. 

"Let's go." He  walked with her in his arms, carrying her bridal-style. Her heart soared, despite her injuries and disheveled state. If she closed her eyes, she could just imagine that Luhan was carrying her out of their wedding. They had just married, behind them was the church, and she was wearing a white wedding dress...

And the thing he had just placed in her hands. Sooyoung opened one eye, then shut it again. It wasn't a Hello Kitty umbrella, but a bouquet of pink roses. He had opened a door and gently lowered her across a seat. It was leather, very soft. The engine started, and they were zooming off. They were speeding away in their white Mercedes, into the horizon, off to their honey moon. She opened her eyes and gazed at Luhan happily. He sat in front of her, with one hand on the steering wheel, and the other resting on her arm. Her skin tingled where he touched her. 

Suddenly the smell hit her, and Sooyoung's daydream was broken. The street reeked of dirty animal and rubbish, rotting. She scrunched her nose, disgusted. She started to cough, and felt Luhan squeezing her arm gently. She looked at him, and he was smiling. Her heart swelled. His fair hair was blowing in the breeze, like something out of a shampoo commercial. He had just rescued her from her dark prison, and was now driving her away in his Ferrari. My knight in shining armour, thought Sooyoung dreamily. 

She was still smiling as she dozed, face looking peaceful in sleep. Luhan studied her lovingly. You couldn't even tell she had just been kidnapped and locked away in a stinking room for hours. Except for the scratches on her face, and her swelling back, sticking to her shirt with blood. Luhan felt a surge of anger. They had told him they hadn't hurt a hair on her head. So much for that. Without realising, he had stopped the car by the side of the road to admire her. Why was it that he always saw her at her worst moments, yet she still always looked so perfectly beautiful? He swept a lock of her hair out of her eyes, fingers grazing her skin softly. 

Luhan shook himself out of his trance and guided the car back onto the road. He wanted to get her back home before the sun set, so that they wouldn't arouse too much suspicion...