songfic - blue christmas

Blue Christmas

Blue Christmas

 

I’ll have a blue Christmas without you...
I’ll be so blue just thinking about you…

 

 

 

“Merry Christmas, sweety.”, Go Hara heard one of her aunts happily yelling at her from the door. She was sitting on the couch, wearing her pajamas. Christmas wouldn’t be so happy for her this year.

“Yeah, Merry Christmas.”, she replied, without much interest, eating some cheese balls her mother had made that evening.

 

“Won’t you see your boyfriend tonight?”, one of the aunts asked and Hara felt a very weak pressure on her chest. She was forgetting something.

“No, aunt.”, she replied, putting the cheese balls aside, she wasn’t hungry anymore.

 

It was still 7:00pm of the 24th, Christmas’ eve, and the Go family was preparing everything to celebrate Jesus’ birthday. They were not very religious, but Christmas is sure a date to celebrate, to be good, to forgive… of course the rest of the year is supposed to be full of these feelings too, but during Christmas people seem to have more of this light in their lives.

 

“Why don’t you go change and help me with these adornments,huh?”, Mr. Go tried to cheer his daughter a little, he knew why this Christmas wasn’t really exciting for her.

“Sure, dad.”, Hara smiled politely, getting up from the couch and going upstairs to her room. She took a few minutes to wear something warm but when she reached the door to go back downstairs and help her father…

“I forgot about this…”, she thought, taking an small package that rested over her desk.

 

“Junghyung…”, she sighed, looking outside from her window, snow silently falling from the sky.

“ Why did we have to break up?”, Hara asked herself, holding the gift she had bought him months before they go separate ways.

 

 

 

Decorations of red, on a green Christmas tree,
It won’t be the same ,dear, If you’re not here with me.