Round 1

Jamaican Beggar VS Busan Princess

 

 

      Deep in the small neighbourhood of Busan—Oh, who am I kidding. In the modern Busan society, a princess, dressed in a fluffy pink dress completed with a shiny tiara for her beautiful curled hair with light make up and a ring on her finger, was ready to meet with her loyal subjects for a tea party in the afternoon. She moved gracefully with her pink high heels, custom-made as the princess would disallow anything of hers that was even bought from an ordinary shop or even an unknown brand-name shop. All of her things must be branded, she says, or else, the consequences.. you don’t want to know.

Princess Sulli is what she threatened her loyal subjects to call her, even if her real name is Choi Jinri. She had always been labelled as the stuck-up, spoiled brat whom no one ever likes. She had only a few friends, to be specific, four, who liked her for she is, always stayed by her side no matter how bratty she gets. I honestly don’t understand what’s the point in staying by a brat who has no self-respect for others, but I guess this is what nice people like to do.

As she stepped into the living room, where her loyal subjects awaits, one of them scurriedly ran towards her, presenting a small, round cheese cake that was specially made, with a sharp knife by the side. Of course, she picked up the sharp knife and while there were moments away from her cutting the cake, she suddenly stopped. Her calm face turned red out of anger, her cheeks blushed and her large ring around her middle finger looks like it was about to fall. She was ready to burst, anytime soon, I’m sure.

“I-I-Is.. anything wrong, princess?” the girl stuttered, while facing upwards, looking into the princess’ eyes.

“IS ANYTHING WRONG? YOU ARE ASKING ME IF ANYTHING IS WRONG?” the princess bursted out of anger, with her flailing hands accidentally pushing the cheese cake right into the girl’s face.

“Ah..”

“Um.. I meant, there is something wrong, you guys spelt my name wrong.”

“Oh, sorry princess. We’ll do better next time!” the still weirdly enthusiastic girl gave her a smile even though the cheese cake is already all over her face. She didn’t even bother to wipe it off.

“Can we stop this now, Jinri? Amber’s face is a mess and it would be even messier when we try to clean it up,” another girl, with brown bangs covering her forehead, all dressed up in maid attire, complained.

“But I’m not done being a princess yet! I haven’t even cut the cake, Qian unnie!” she whined.

“Well, it’s gonna take awhile for me to clean up Amber’s face, so let’s just stop it while we still have time, okay? We’ll continue next time. Jinri, it’s already good enough that Amber didn’t scream at you back for smearing the cheese cake into her face. Come on, Amber, let me wash your face.”

“Oh, okay! Why are we done playing, though?” Amber, with a dorky smile plastered on her face got up from her kneeling position asked stupidly.

“Amber.. Seriously. Don’t you even look at your dirty face, it’s all smeared with cake and cheese and everything and to get this off you would take forever and..”

Sulli just stared towards Amber and Victoria who were leaving the room immediately, with a a bit of a tug, wanting to help Amber clean up deep in her heart, yet reminding herself that it was not the appropriate princess behaviour, she ignored it. She turned towards the other two lovely ‘maids’ who were already sitting, their mouth watering looking at such delicious food on the table.

“Sunyoung unnie? Soojung?” she asked, lifting her chin a bit up high.

“Well, the vanilla muffins are still hot from the oven and we all know how bad it is to waste food so... Tea party is still on!”

“Yay! But can I still be the princess, Soojung-ah?”

“Um... Sorry, Jinri, but I’d rather you be yourself for a bit. And now.. where is that lovely muffin again..”

 Yes, she is really not an actual princess. Though, Sulli, or you might know her as Jinri here, has developed a long time love for princesses, or better yet, a princess attitude. No, not the attitude that you see in Disney fairytale movies, the one where the princesses are lovable, kind, caring and would absorb every single nice trait inside them. It’s the one where princesses are stuck up, crazily rich, a complete heartbreaker who is too lazy to do things herself that she has to have her servants do it for her.  Eventhough her friends had tried and tried to convince her on the really nice princess attitude, she still chooses to believe that princesses aren’t supposed to be nice.

Sulli didn’t like her name, ‘Jinri’, as she thought it was too common and too low-grade for a princess and so, she thought of a new name, thus, calling herself Princess Sulli, often reminded other people to call her that too. As for her friends, Song Qian, Soojung, Sunyoung and Amber, who knows why they still chose to stay by her side even though Sulli had always treated them as equal as low-life servants. Well, not exactly, but she still insisted on them being her servants.

“Jinri-ah! You’re not gonna finish your muffin?” Sunyoung asked, out of a sudden, waking Sulli up from the frozen position she had been in.

“It’s not the appropriate thing for a princess to eat with her maids. I’ll be going up in my room and read a book or something because..”

“It’s what a princess would do! We get it, Jinri!” the two echoed through the medium sized living room. “Well, if you don’t want it, I could always finish it for you..” Soojung tempted her, and through food, Sulli’s heart soften.

“Wait!” she shouted, turning back towards Soojung and Sunyoung. “I want the muffins!”

                Sulli came running towards them, immediately picking up the muffin Soojung was about to stuff in . And then, with a full mouth and a smile, she said, “Hah! The muffin is mine! You’ll never get it now, Soojung!”

                “Whatever, Sulli! I already had two.”


Well, Sulli might not be one of the perfect girls that you’d know anywhere, I do admit it, the spoilt brat couldn’t even care a bit for her friends! But, once you learn to know this boy,  you’d know, that his case is much more rare than this little princess.  

Once upon a time, there was a Jamaican beggar named Woo Jiho. Okay, maybe he wasn't really Jamaican. However, his long dreads, love for reggae music, and random concerts in subways or underpasses with an empty straw hat placed in front of him led his friends to call him 'BeggarCo', since his "stage name" was Zico. Zico is a carefree fella, strumming his guitar and singing or rapping to some reggae music as a past time. He really worked in 'BBC', a cafe in his neighbourhood, being known as the 'funny and weird waiter'.

 It was rare to see Zico nervous, stressed, serious, or strict. Those words didn't seem to exist in his vocabulary. He had an unexplainable baseless confidence that aided him in doing the most retarded things in public with a complete straight face. 

How about we take a quick look at Zico's average life?


"Woo Jiho! Did you spill coffee on the counter again?!" Zico sheepishly looked up from his mopping activities and glanced at his hyung Jaehyo, who even though was once of his best friends, was extremely strict when acting as the mighty manager of BBC. Jaehyo stormed and over and grabbed a fistful of Zico's hair angrily, but almost letting it go again in utter disgust. "Damn it, your hair is so oily! How about this, you use the mop on your hair to clean up the counter, and the stick it in the bucket for a wash!" Jaehyo half-screamed, as Minhyuk, better known as B-Bomb, raised an eyebrow in amusement.

B-Bomb shook his head before grabbing a nearby towel and flinging it at Zico. Zico caught it swiftly, giving Jaehyo a cute smile and an aegyo-filled 'sorry' before starting to clean the counter. Jaehyo pretended to gag at Zico's aegyo as he fanned himself dramatically. "I wonder why I haven't fired such a weird worker yet." B-Bomb burst out laughing at Jaehyo's remark, not being able to do anything but agree with two thumbs up.


"Oh~" Zico flicked his fingers on the strings of his guitar, his eyes closed, a look of concentration etched on his face as he sang to the small crowd. His best buddy, Park Kyung, was sighing as he stood at least ten feet away from Zico. It was bad enough that they were both wearing the same shirt; the polo tee which was part of the cafe's uniform. Being seen together would make Kyung not be able to face the world again. Pyo Jihoon, or maknae P.O., patted Kyung on the shoulder. 

"It's okay, weird hyung is weird. He'll come around..." Kyung shot P.O. a look which made him scratch his head. "Maybe not." 

"Whatever, let's get out of here before some random teenage boys decide to be funny and ask him for signatures and pictures. Don't you just love when he wants to share all the fame with his friends?" 


Zico whistled loudly as a pretty girl strolled past him. He was sitting on some steps in front of a closed shop right beside an alley, with a can of his favourite soda beside him. U-Kwon, who was a greasy person, gave the girl a quick wink, which she ignored. U-Kwon laughed and hi-fived Zico. "She's totally into me!" he exclaimed. Zico nodded in agreement, cheering for U-Kwon. Taeil glanced at the both of them and face-palmed, moving a noticeable distance away. 

"Yo yo yo Taeil hyung! Why are you so tensed up! Let loose!" Zico cried, reaching out to pat Taeil's back. Taeil shuddered and just moved further away. 

"Don't talk to me, we don't know each other." 

"Aw hyung, why are you like this!" 

"Until you two become normal, we are strangers."

"Really hyung? Aww, that's a pity. I'll see you in my next life!"


 

 

Yup, that's Zico for you. Here's a fun fact. Zico has a totally hot brother everyone calls Taewoon. Taewoon is your average college hottie, almost completely different from Zico. Taewoon can never understand Zico's weirdness. It's okay Taewoon, I'm sometimes puzzled too.


"Taewoon my bro!" Zico sang as Taewoon walked through the door. Taewoon barely flinched as he made his way to the fridge, grabbing a drink. 

"Are you still acting like a Jamaican beggar?" Taewoon asked, hoping for a different answer. 

"Well hyung! Do I look any different to you?" Taewoon hung his head as he took something out from his bag and threw it at Zico, who had spread his whole body over the length of the couch. Zico glanced at the package curiously.

"Markers?" 

"You like to draw right? My friend bought an extra pack for his niece and I took it since I know you'd want it. By the way, in case you decide to use yourself as a canvas, it's easily washable." after saying that, Taewoon got up and headed into his room, shutting the door behind him. Zico stared at the markers as a smirk slowly made its way onto his features. 

"Time for Zicasso." he said, eyeing his brother's closed door. 

The next morning, a furious scream echoed around the whole house. 

"Hey! At least it's easily washable!" 


Don't be freaked out just yet. There's more to come. Just stick around, and I'm sure you'll grow to love Woo Jiho. You'll continue reading, right? Well in any case, this marks the beginning of "Jamaican Beggar VS Busan Princess"