Chapter 1

The Last Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blinding bright lights and intoxicating smell of sanitizer surrounded her as she sat in the waiting room, blood shot and sore eyes from crying. She had been waiting there for hours as the doctors scurried in and out of his room. Across her was his parents; His dad keeping an arm around his mom protectively as she cried into his chest. She knew how she felt. They waited there in silence for hours as they prayed for his safety.

 

After what seemed to be centuries, the doctor came up to his parents and had checked with his dad about Hyungseok’s health. The next few words that the doctor would have said had shattered them all. What they feared of happening had happened. Hyungseok had Lung Cancer and his life was being counted down. Hearing this, his mother had broken down into a crying mess as her husband tried to hold back his own tears. She was burying her face into her hands, afraid of losing her best friend, the only man she has ever loved.

 

His parents had stayed in the room with him as she waited outside patiently, trying to recollect herself and keep calm. He hated seeing her cry. Once his parents had come out, they asked her to enter, but he had already fallen asleep. She was fine with it and walked inside to lay her eyes upon him, he looked weak and frail in the hospital bed.

 

She managed to keep herself calm as she walked towards him, his parents leaving him in her care. She sat by his side and gently held his hand as she forced a small smile. “You’re going to be okay. Please be okay” She cooed, tearing up slowly and breaking down instantly. “Please don’t leave me” She cried, holding onto his hand a bit tighter. “I love you, please don’t leave” She sobbed and looked down, shutting her eyes closed tightly.

 

She felt a cold hand gently cupping her cheek as she looked up at him, smiling gently at her as he wiped her tears. “Did you mean what you said?” He looked at her warmly, she nodded softly as she tried to stop crying. “I might not be the strongest guy, and I may not even be able to live that long anymore, but, will you be my girlfriend?” He smiled at her as she smiled back, tearing up again and hugging him gently.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter