And so it begins

Forbidden: A Kingdom Eras Side Story

                  It was the same dream again. The same dream that has plagued her for years. She was running through the thick woods screaming til hurt. Her fiery hazel curls have gone astray from its tight braid falling to the sides of her milky white skin. Her blood red dress was caked with dirt at the edges while her shoes were dirty from the mud. She was sweaty and dirty from all the running she has been doing not to mention the numerous times she has tripped and fallen upon the wood’s wet floor. She looked disheveled as a beggar in the streets but she couldn’t care less. Her brown colored eyes mirrored the desperation and fear that she is feeling. Her frail body summoned up all the energy it could muster so she could continue running. Her eyes darted to every possible direction within the wood’s moss covered territory. She was searching endlessly for a vision of blonde hair amongst the never-ending field of green and brown. She continued to scream out into the large and scary woods hoping to hear a voice calling back to her but all she heard was the void echo of her own voice screaming and shouting. Exhausted she falls upon the woods’ floor on her knees. Her young body only 8 years old had failed her, and into the emptiness of the woods she cried out.

                “Sica! Sica! Jessica! Where are you? Answer me!” she yelled out sobbingly while she clutched her dirty dress. What was she going to do? She has lost her little sister in the woods, the same woods her mother forbade her to enter…

                Making up her mind she stood up while her legs wobbled from exhaustion. Tears streamed down her face as she ran forward deeper into the forest while calling out to her younger sister. As she ran through the woods all she saw were trees, tress and more trees, not a single trace of life.

                “Jessica!!!!!!!” she screamed while losing all hope of finding her sister. As she sat there sobbing upon the forest floor she heard a familiar dolphin scream coming from the nearby creek. She hurried towards the source of the sound knowing all too well that only her sister could scream like that.

Upon reaching the creek she collapsed from the exhaustion and the guilt. She found nothing other her sister’s blue ribbon which was caught against a branch protruding from the creek’s side. She has lost her sibling…her only sibling.

 

                Crown Princess Taeyeon calmly walked through the thick woods with her sister’s blue ribbon in one hand. It has been three years since Jessica disappeared, three long years of yearning and depression, of desolation and despair. As she walked through the woods her blood red dress trailed behind her and her shoes made a soft sound as she stepped onto the leaf covered floor. She stared blankly at the space in front of her praying with all her heart that her sister would come running out of the woods towards her smiling and saying she has found something wonderful to give to her. Her mind replayed the voice she had longed to hear since forever...

                “Tae-tae look! Look! I found an autumn hare hiding beneath a pile of leaves.” Jessica would say to her.

                  The memory soon faded and she was left standing there looking at the autumn hare hiding back into the pile of leaves. She has shut the world out because she blamed herself. Night after night the dream reminded her of her mortal sin while her sanity was slowly crumbling beneath her sorrow. She should have looked after her sister better, she should have never bought Jessica along with her but it was all too late. No matter how much she wants to undo the past nothing could ever bring her sister back….

 

A Year Later

 

                The day she turned 12 was the time the winter came harshly upon their kingdom. It was also the day her prayers were answered. She strolled through the woods like she had always done, ever since her sister disappeared in hopes of finding her. As she held her velvet cloak over her shoulders while trying to fight the heavy winds that blew against her, she saw a pair of deep blue eyes staring at her from the pile of snow surrounding her. One look and she immediately recognized the owner of those pair of eyes.

                “Jessica…” she murmured then she raced towards the pair of eyes shouting in happiness. She could never go wrong with those eyes. It was the same eyes she had painted over and over again like a lunatic as she locked herself away in her quarters. A petite figure of a girl arose from the snow and looked at her confusedly. Soon the confusion vanished as she enveloped the girl into a tight embrace. She was sobbing uncontrollably and so was the girl. The pain and loss she has felt all those years had vanished and all she could feel was the complete bliss of hugging her sister again.

                “Tae-tae can’t breathe!” Jessica whined but she held on in fear of losing her sister again.

                “I missed you so much! So much!!” She sobbed as she buried herself upon Jessica’s blonde hair.

                “Tae-tae I’m dirty!” Jessica told her while trying to break away from her grasp.

                “I don’t care!” she said crying. Jessica giggled and kissed her cheeks.

                “You really don’t mind?” Jessica asked while hugging her back

                “I missed you too Tae-tae.” Jessica said while kissing her cheeks yet again.

                “Where have you been? What happened?” she asked frantically while leading her sister back to the palace. Jessica stopped walking and hugged her.

               “Sica what happened?” she asked again. She needed to know what happened to her sister for the past four years. She wanted to know if anyone had harmed her sister. Her eyes reflected the angry storm that brewed inside her. Jessica smiled at her and rested her blond head on her chest.

                “I’m alright Tae-tae. As for what happened I can’t tell you.” Jessica said warmly while tugging at her sleeves cutely.

                “Why? Why won’t you tell me? Did something bad happen to you? Tell me!” She said looking at her little sister in the eyes. All she saw from Jessica’s eyes were happiness the exact opposite of what was in her heart.

                “Nothing bad happened Tae-tae. Nothing bad happened. I can’t tell you because it’s a secret.” Jessica said cutely while pocking her stomach.

                A secret? What kind of secret?

 

Many summers after…

             Jessica smiled as she saw Taeyeon’s annoyed expression. Her Tae-Tae seriously hated anyone who tried to be close to her. She remembered that her sister was never this possessive before. It was a terrifying obsession that was what Taeyeon felt for her. Wherever she went Taeyeon must also go, whoever she met Taeyeon must also meet. Her half sibling and little sister Tiffany thought that it is weird and wrong especially since Taeyeon was the most hostile towards Tiffany. Her Tae-Tae hated her ties with Tiffany particularly since it is the same one they shared. Though Tiffany doesn’t like Taeyeon’s extreme affection she on the other hand loved it. She loved how Taeyeon doted upon her, how Taeyeon would always put her first above others and how Taeyeon looked only at her…

                She knew that whatever they share is forbidden, even if her older sister tried to hide it she knew that what Taeyeon feels for her goes way beyond sibling love. Her older sister was obviously in love with her not that other people noticed, to them Taeyeon was just being an overprotective sister. It fooled others but it didn’t fool her, she can see right through her older sister’s heart. She would hate the idea of Taeyeon loving someone more than her and she would unleash Hell if that happened. Taeyeon was in love with her and she loved it, after all her Tae-Tae belongs only to her…

            Yuri was sending her nervous glances in fear of being burned alive by the Crown Princess of Valtareau. She laughed at the thought; Taeyeon could literally burn Yuri alive if she wanted to. Her sister after all possessed the power of fire. She finally made up her mind to ease the tension between the two royals while Tiffany was snickering in the corner. Fany was lucky finally someone else was earning a better portion of Taeyeon’s ire. Yuri being her betrothed would be hated on more by Taeyeon just by that mere fact. Noticing the situation Hyoyeon her best friend dragged Yuri somewhere across the dance hall while Taeyeon continued to sulk.

               

                Taeyeon was definitely pissed now that she has met the Princess of Beltraine; just the thought of that girl putting her hands on her precious Sica was enough to cause her to burn the whole grand hall down. Her anger was pacified when Jessica hugged her close.

                “Tae-Tae doesn’t like Yuri. Does she?” Jessica playfully asked.

                “No. I obviously don’t like her.” Came her blunt and cold  reply. Jessica giggled and said.

                “Even though you don’t like her you have to be civil with her ok?” Jessica said while playing with the roses sewn on her bodice. Jessica didn’t have to remind her to behave in front of Yuri, she knew that she will have to maintain peace amongst her neighboring kingdoms especially since she would succeed her mother in the throne. The anger that was pacified earlier came back. She decided to leave the Grand hall in fear of burning it down  along with all their guests including her fiancée Tiffany the crown princess of Spruxia.

                Jessica stared after her with intrigue and mischief murmuring.

                “My Tae-Tae is jealous.”

 

                She climbed into her bed earlier than expected in hopes of bringing rationality into her head. Her thoughts are still preoccupied by the antagonizing notion of the uselessness of the whole affair.

                “Why do they even have to be engaged anyway? It’s not like they will be living under the same roof. Jessica is the heir of Clairevane so naturally she will stay in Clairevane to rule as queen! Why do they even need a formal relationship all she needed from Yuri is a seed.” She cursed angrily then stopped when the door to her chamber opened and her sister came in grinning.

                “It’s too early to sleep Tae-Tae!” Jessica chided her playfully.

                “I’m tired. Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be downstairs with your fiancé?” she asked sarcastically clearly showing her anger.

               “I should ask you the same question.” Jessica said playfully as she went under the sheets and cuddled close to her.

                “Your dress itches!” she whined in hopes of making Jessica go away but the latter only giggled and rested her head on her chest.

                “My Tae-Tae is jelly.” Jessica said while giggling.

                “Seriously Sica do I look like my jealous of that girl…” her voice was cut off when Jessica kissed her abruptly on the lips. Her mind went blank and all she could think of was her sister’s plump lips and her intoxicating scent.

                “Just say your jelly Tae-Tae..” Jessica said while giggling and poking her stomach lightheartedly. Regaining her consciousness she stared at her sister and spoke.

                “Yes I’m jealous happy now? I mean what’s the point of this whole engagement anyway?” she angrily said while throwing her hands up in the air to show her frustration. Jessica laughed, annoying her all the more.

                “Sica this is not funny!” she said while pouting. Jessica leans over and kisses her longer this time. After the kiss they stared at each other and she ends up scolding her.

                “Sica you really should stop kissing me!” She said while trying to hide her pleasure from the kiss they shared.

                “Why? I know you like it. Why are you getting all jelly for? I wasn’t jelly when you were engaged to Fany!” Jessica said while pouting.

                “Fany is your sister.” she told Jessica plainly.

                “That’s beside the point.” Jessica said while hitting her arm lightly. “Tae-Tae shouldn’t get jelly because you know that you are the only girl I’ll ever love.”

                Jessica hugged her tightly and she hugs her back. Hearing her sister say those words had really made her happy. Together they stared at the night sky from the skylight above her bed. Her thoughts drifted to the kiss she and her sister had shared and she pondered upon their actions.

                “I think what we are doing is wrong.” She said while she rubbed Jessica’s back in circles. Jessica reached out her hand as if she was trying to grab the stars in the sky while she on the other hand hummed a tune while watching her sister.

                “In a world where women are for women and men are for men who are they to tell us what is right and what is wrong?” Jessica said while looking at her with her eyes twinkling with mischief and affection. She sits up and looks down upon her sister causing her hair to fall beside her face. Jessica reached out to her and she left all distress behind as she passionately planted a kiss on her sister’s awaiting lips.

                “She is right.” she thought in a world where everything seems to be wrong who are they tell them what is forbidden and what is not…