Merry Christmas!

The Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas, when all throughout YG Entertainment, not a single idol was stirring, not even a trainee. 

But deep in the studio sat GD. As the golden boy of YG he didn’t dare take a day off. Even on this day. All the other members of YG were probably on secret dates, even Yang Hyunsuk could probably be with his wife at this very moment. When all the other members of Big Bang got to skip out on their responsibilities and celebrate the holiday, GD was left alone to work on ideas for their upcoming album. They probably shouldn’t be surprised if they came back to a bunch of depressing lyrics. 

But who was GD to judge, “It’s not like I have anyone special in my life,” he thought to himself, mentally sulking. And even if he did, he couldn’t just neglect his duties as the leader of Big Bang. When he signed his contract many years ago, GD vowed to himself that he would never fail the company as an artist. As far as he was concerned, he had yet to do so. 

Big Bang was composed of five outstanding members, who all had their own charms, but GD always knew that he was the glue that held everything together. He couldn’t hate the rest of the members when he knew very well that he was the only one cut out for the role of leader. 

But that didn’t stop GD from wishing that he were exchanging gifts with some one special. He would have even settled for snuggling at home with Gaho and Gayeon.

GD sighed and scrambled his brain for lyrics. He had nothing, an unusual occurrence. He had been in the studio for four hours already, but he couldn’t even get one hook out. “Maybe this whole Christmas thing is bothering me too much,” he mumbled to himself. 

Then without warning GD threw his pen at the studio door, “Damn this Korean Christmas culture!” 

When the pen hit the door, GD heard a muffled shriek on the other side. He turned his head, “Ya! Who’s out there?”

 

After a few seconds of silence the door slowly cracked open.

Blond hair emerged from behind the door, “Have you gone crazy, oppa?”

“CL,” GD sighed, “What are you doing here this late at night?” he looked at her, she was dressed in a black mini dress and a grey and black color blended knit coat that went down to her calf, “You look like you have somewhere important to be”. 

She stood by the door shyly, “I’m here because I knew that you’d be working by yourself.” 

“Huh?”

“I came down here to get you away from all of this,” she pointed to the recording system. 

GD couldn’t help but smile, she seems so adorable when she acted like this, but he couldn’t. “If I left I’d feel like I’d be neglecting the fans and the company.” 

“At the price of neglecting your own happiness?” 

GD couldn’t find the words to justify that.

“Oppa, it’s just one day of the year. You deserve this.” 

GD looked into CL’s alluring eyes. She pouted her lips and crossed her arms in front of her, “It’s my treat, oppa.” 

GD caved in with a snicker, “That’s cheating. You know I’m a er for aegyo.”

CL grinned and walked up to GD, pulling him put from his chair, “You’re too easy, G-Dragon.”

GD’s smile faded away, leaving wondering eyes in its place.

“CL?”

“Yes, oppa?”

“Why are you doing this?”

“I know how hard it is being the leader of a successful group. And I can imaging what it’s like being the unofficial leader of all YG Entertainment.” GD smiled at her. “I grew up celebrating Christmas as a day of togetherness and family. I just think that the most important member of the YG Family deserves to be appreciated a little bit more.”

GD stood awestruck. 

The digital clock in the studio indicated that it was already midnight.

CL gave a playful giggle and stood on her tippy toes, planting a kiss on GD’s cheek, “Merry Christmas, oppa.”

“Merry Christmas CL.”