Giant Is For Giant Baby

Giant Is For Giant Baby

=Sulli's POV=

 

I sneaked from the back of bookshelves at library. I saw him there. He was sitting, reading a book. Should I come to him? I approached him and sat in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol oppa asked without looking at me.

I put a meal box in front of him. "This. I made tuna sandwich for you."

"I don't like tuna."

I took my hands back. I realized something. "Right. I don't know much about you. We just knew each other 2 weeks ago."

"So?" He looked at me.

I sighed. "I should have known you well before asking you to be my boyfriend."

"Right. Now, look for my information, all my past life, my background. Until you find them in one week, don't ever dare to meet me." He stood and left.

That was hard. I really loved him eventhough we just knew each other 2 weeks ago. I asked him to be my boyfriend one week ago. I didn't know much about him. All I knew was that he was handsome and smart. I had to know more about him now. But, how could I know more about him if he didn't allow me to meet him? I might have to ask his friends.

 

***

 

"Baekhyun sunbae," I called. He looked behind.

"What?"

"Can I ask something?"

"What is it about?" He turned his body.

"About Chanyeol oppa. Do you know when his birthday is? Do you know what his favorite food is? Do you know what his favorite color is?"

"Yes, no, no," he answered briefly.

"When is his birthday?" I asked, doing puppy eyes.

"November 27. You don't know?"

I rubbed my neck. "I don't know."

Baekhyun sunbae hissed. "You're his girlfriend but you don't know his birthday?"

I looked down.

 

***

 

"Yoona sunbae," I called. She turned back. She was Chanyeol oppa's close friend. I often saw them together. "Can I ask something?"

"What?"

"Do you know what Chanyeol oppa's favorite food is?"

"Yes, I do." She put her arms in her chest. "Listen, Sulli. Get away from Chanyeol. He is mine. He just accepted you because he felt guilty to you. Understand?"

I frowned. I didn't know why but I believed what Yoona sunbae just said. Tears started forming in my eyes. Yoona sunbae might be right. Chanyeol oppa didn't love me. He just felt guilty to me. Why was I so stupid? Why did I adore him so much?

 

***

 

=Chanyeol's POV=

 

It had been a week but she didn't meet me. Did she succeed? Did she get my information? Why did she not meet me? She used to meet me no matter what the situation is. Ah! Why do I start looking for her? Am I missing her now?

I shook my head and left the library. I walked through the hallways. I saw Sulli standing there, looking at the wall magazine. I couldn't help but I really missed her. I wanted to hear her voice. I stepped closer to her.

"Sulli-ya."

She looked at me and quickly turned to the other side. It was a quick movement but I could see her watery eyes. I turned her body. She just looked down.

"What happened?" I panicked.

"If you ask because you feel guilty, stop it now," she whispered but I could hear it.

"What do you mean?"

She just walked away, not answering my question. What happened to her? Something must have been gone wrong.

I thought a while. And I remembered. I once told Yoona that I accepted Sulli just because I felt guilty to her. She might tell Sulli about it. Damn!

I ran to my class to meet Yoona.

"Yoona-ya. What have you told Sulli?"

"What? Nothing," she shrugged.

"Don't lie! I know you told her something," I yelled.

"Yes, I told her that you accepted her just because you felt guilty. Am I wrong?" Yoona shouted.

I rubbed my face. That was my fault. That time, I hadn't felt anything to Sulli. But now, it was different. I missed her when she was not around. I missed her when she was not annoying me like she used to. I missed my innocent giant baby.

I rushed to Sulli's class but I didn't find her. I asked her friend where she was. She said that Sulli was usually in the sport ground around this time.

"What is she doing there?" I asked.

"She is our school athlete. She is running athlete. She may be practicing now."

I realized something. I didn't know much about her either. How rude I was to tell her to look for my information. Meanwhile, I didn't know her well. I was too selfish. I never thought about her feeling. But she kept treating me like a boyfriend. Yeah, I was her boyfriend. She asked me to be her boyfriend two weeks ago. It must be shameful for her.

I rushed to the sport ground. Today I rushed a lot. I found her running there. Her body was full of sweat but I liked to see it. She sometimes wiped her sweat in the forehead using her back of hand. She must be really tired. She must be really tired running. She must be really tired running to be my girlfriend.

She stared at me and looked a bit surprised. I waved to her. She pretended like she didn't see me. I could see she frowned while running. She stopped running and laid on the football field. I approached her. She closed her eyes with her arm, avoiding the sunlight attack. I sat next to her, hugging my knees.

"Sulli," I called. She did not answer, still having her arm in her eyes.

"Let's break up. We're done," I said.

She instantly sat up. Her eyes widened like they were about to go out. "No!!!" she screamed.

I was a little frightened of her scream. "Why?"

"I'm trying to be a runner so I can impress you. I want to show you that I'm tough enough to be your girlfriend. You shouldn't feel guilty to me. But if you want to break up, I'm okay. I'm no good for you. And I like running because it's my passion." She smiled. That eyesmile, I really missed it.

"You're grown up, Sulli."

She looked at me confused. "What?"

 

=Flashback=

 

"Chanyeol oppa, look at me! Over here!"

I turned to see the girl who called me. She waved to me. "I'm Sulli. Nice to see you!"

I turned back and looked to my friend. There was a New Students Admission Ceremony. That Sulli girl was a new junior, I guessed.

 

***

 

"Oppa, please...." she said, doing puppy eyes. "Please be my boyfriend."

This girl, seriously, we were at library. Why would she ask me that question in this peaceful place?

"Please.... I'll be a good girlfriend for you," she begged. She might not be tiring me. I could ask her to do whatever I wanted to. I could dump her whenever I wanted to.

"Okay."

She jumped all over the library. I frowned seeing her. She was like a monkey, jumping here and there. She stood in front of me. "Thank you, oppa." She kissed my cheek.

"How dare you!" I shouted as she was running out of library.

"Shhh," the librarian shushed. I bowed 60 degrees.

 

=Flashback Ends=

 

"We're done," I said.

Sulli sighed. "Okay, I'm fine with it." She grinned.

"Are you really fine?" I asked. Why did she say that she was fine? Because I was not.

She nodded.

"Wanna try to go out with me?" I asked again.

She frowned. "Are you playing on me? We're done, then you ask me to go out just now."

"It's not like that. You might feel shameful to ask me go out. Now, I don't want to you feel that way. I'm a man..."

"Man?"

"... I ask you go out because I love you. Not because I feel guilty or anything. I'm truly, madly, deeply, in love with my giant baby."

"Oppa, don't kid."

"I'm not kidding. Why do you think I'm kidding?"

"Because I know, I'm no good for you and you're too good for me." She looked down the ground.

"You're wrong. Giant is for giant baby, isn't it?"

She laughed. “What kind of phrase is that?”

“I don’t know. I just create it in my heart.”

I took her hand and put it on my chest. “Can you feel the beat?”

“No,” she shook her head.

“Ya! Just said that you can,” I yelled.

“I see, I see. Yeah, oppa, I can,” she chuckled.

“That’s what I feel whenever I hear your laugh.”

She laughed out loud.

“Ya! What’s so funny?” She kept laughing like a monster.

I kissed her cheek for a second. I blushed. She stopped laughing. “How dare you!” she shouted as I was running away from her.
“It tastes salty, you know?” I shouted and kept running.

“Cruel giant!!!”

 

 


 

My second one-shot story. How was it guys?

Comments are appreciated a lot!

 

Love you,

 

Safira