One

My Christmas Gift
Fate. To whoever who created that word, thanks but no thanks.
 
I, Jung Ji Rin, hated it. Detested it.
 
Why must it exist? I'm asking myself that everyday since a certain person stepped into my life.
 
That jerk- Kim Myungsoo.
 
For goodness sake, why did it have to be everywhere that I went, he had to appear everywhere I go.
 
Why? 
 
I don't know myself.
 
Why did I choose to fall in love with him?
 
Ask my heart.
 
I can't give the answers right now.
 
And here I am, standing at this hotel's lobby, waiting for my parents to get our hotel rooms. 
 
We were on a vacation for this Christmas break. 
 
I was lazily slumped on the couch, listening to the Christmas songs playing at the lobby. 
 
Then, the glass doors of the lobby swung open.
 
I gasped. It revealed a boy- who was as tall as me, in winter wear (coincidentally the color of his beanie was the same as mine) with his parents.
 
Hey.
 
Like me.
 
I noticed that his luggage bag was also the same colour as mine.
 
I ignored him and brushed off the thought of him being someone I knew while looking away as I typed on my phone.
 
"Ji Rin, we're done!" My mum declared and walked over to me to get the luggage bags.
 
"Coming!" I said, getting up from my seat. 
 
That was until I noticed the boy froze and was staring into my direction.
 
I stopped in my tracks.
 
Hey, he was kind of good looking- like a pretty boy.
 
I looked up, scanning the features of his face.
 
He seemed to be vaguely familiar.
 
That was when I facepalmed myself.
 
Of course, no wonder.
 
He was- 
 
None other than
 
Kim
 
Freaking
 
Myungsoo.
 
His scarf was covering half his face, that's why I didn’t recognise him.
 
"Myungsoo...." My heart wrenched.
 
I gave him a questioning look, wondering why he was in the same place as me before I ran off to my parents.
 
Or rather- before I was stopped.
 
"What the-" I could feel someone tugging my arm.
 
I looked up and met with Myungsoo's cold gaze. 
 
The gaze which could make me melt. The gaze which would make my heart race. The gaze which would make me fall so hopelessly in love with him.
 
It wasn't helping that he had a flawless face.
 
With perfect facial features.
 
Nope.
 
Mum and dad were looking at my direction, staring at me weirdly.
 
I sighed.
 
Myungsoo's parents were also looking at him.
 
"This is my classmate, uh, we're gonna go somewhere!" The both of us said at the same time.
 
I face palmed.
 
Why.
 
Anyway the classmate thing was true.
 
He wasn't my friend.
 
I didn't consider him as one.
 
Jerk.
 
My parents nodded their heads and went towards the lift.
 
Seeing that they were gone, Myungsoo dragged me away.
 
Yes, literally, dragged.
 
He pulled on my arm- wow I didn't know he was so strong- and dragged me out through the back door of the hotel.
 
I tried to get out of his grasp, I kicked the ground, twisted and turned my body, but to no avail.
 
He was holding onto my wrist ever so tightly.
 
He used his free arm to push open the door.
 
He smirked as he let me go.
 
"That hurt, jerk." I muttered.
 
"What was that?" 
 
"Jerk. You jerk." I boldly said.
 
"Sorry." His words were filled with hurt.
 
"What the heck are you sorry for?" I raised an eyebrow.
 
He sat down on the steps, patting the space beside him, so I could sit.
 
"Jerk. Jerk. Jerk." I muttered while sitting down.
 
"Jerk what do you want?" I snapped at him angrily.
 
Me on the Outside? I was angry.
 
But on the inside? My heart was racing.
 
Why?
 
Because I'm stupidly in love with a jerk.
 
The next thing he did made me widen my eyes until they were as large as saucers.
 
That jerk pulled out a pink colored notebook from his bag.
 
A very, familiar pink notebook.
 
Which was mine.
 
My
 
Diary.
 
"What the heck!" 
 
"How did you find my diary?" 
 
"Left it at my house the other day."
 
"Remember the science project."
 
"Oh yeah...."
 
"It fell out of your bag, puh-lease. I didn't steal it if that's what you're thinking." He rolled his eyes.
 
"Fine."
 
There was silence for a while.
 
That's when it hit me.
 
"Did you read it?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yes."
 
"What the heck! Why?" 
 
He read it. HE READ IT. That book was full of him, damn it.
 
"Means you saw everything? Means you read everything? Means you-"
 
He smirked. JERK. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yes I did."
 
My mouth dropped open.
 
"That means-" That jerk knows all my secrets now....
 
"I'm sorry." Now his eyes were feigned with pity.
 
What? That jerk is sorry now?
 
"I read everything." 
 
"I know, captain obvious." I rolled my eyes. 
 
"I meant....about what you wrote, I'm sorry." I looked up, urging him to continue. 
 
"There were a lot of entries.....on me......." 
 
I nodded my head, blushing. The diary was practically filled with him, heck, every single page had his name on it.
 
"Uh.....huh...." 
 
"Yeah. And I'm sorry because I didn't........didn't know that you felt this way to me. I'm sorry....I'm sorry for leaving you alone....all this time....I didn't know....didn't know that you loved me."
 
I flinched. I could hear the hurt in his voice. I stood up, wanting to walk away. 
 
Walk away from Myungsoo. 
 
Walk away from this mess.
 
Damn it. He wasn't supposed to know that you secretly liked him. You didn't want to be rejected in the face. 
 
"I'm sorry, alright? I should have known that Naeun was not good enough for me." 
 
At that moment, I stopped in my tracks and froze.
 
That name again. The name you detested to hear every single damn time.  
 
Son Naeun. She was Myungsoo's ex-girlfriend.
 
I always thought she was better than me, that's why she could capture the ice prince- Kim Myungsoo's heart.
 
And now the love of my life was repeating her name to me right in front of my eyes.
 
My heart hurt. It hurt so much. 
 
Before you knew it, tears were streaming down your face, as you started to run.
 
It was midnight, so the streets were empty, without a soul in sight.
 
In the far distance, even Myungsoo could hear my sobs.
 
"Don't cry......." 
 
"Don't. Come. Near me." I said sternly.
 
"Why?"
 
"Because what if this isn't even real, what if you never came back to me? How am I supposed to believe that the person who I love actually loves me back? Why did you choose me? Wasn't Naeun a much better choice?" I screamed.
 
Myungsoo walked closer.
 
"Isn't she much prettier? Isn't she much skinner? Doesn't she have the kindest heart? And the nicest personality? How am I supposed to compare myself to that? I'm just a nobody, you're a popular person- and she is too. What say do I even have in this?" I continued to sob.
 
"Don't talk about that anymore." His voice was sharp.
 
"Why? Don't you love her?"
 
"No. I love someone else."
 
"Wh-" 
 
"The time....damn it." Before I knew it, Myungsoo ran up to me, and swooped me into his arms- bridal style.
 
I blinked, but he was running at the speed of lightning back to the back entrance of the hotel.
 
He put me down, and checked his watch.
 
"Perfect timing, little bunny." Myungsoo smirked. 
 
"What perfect timing? And what little bunny?" I was confused.
 
"Mistletoe." He said, smirking, and pointed up above our heads.
 
So there really was one. 
 
At that time, the huge clock opposite the hotel struck twelve.
 
That meant that:
 
It was Christmas.
 
The next moment, Myungsoo leaned in.
 
My eyes grew wide, and the next moment, his lips touched mine.
 
I froze on the spot.
 
Minutes passed.
 
As Myungsoo realized I didn't respond to his kiss, he pulled away, but his face was bright red.
 
"What did you just-" I started, but Myungsoo cut in, "I....I'm sorry it was so sudden." Myungsoo said, blushing even more. 
 
Cute. He was adorable. Even though he was a jerk, and I couldn't deny that.
 
"After all this while, I realized that you meant more to me than Naeun."
 
"W-what?" I was startled.
 
"It took me a long time to think over this." Myungsoo started.
 
"But I realized, after all this while, you're the one in my heart, you're the one that I love- and not her. All those times with her, the dates, the calls, the texts, the kisses, the hugs, all of them, while I did them with her, you were the only one on my mind, and not her. I wished to do those things with you. No make that- I longed to do those things with you."
 
My heart raced rapidly hearing that.
 
I started to open my mouth to speak, but no words came out.
 
All this while, I thought he was in love with Naeun, and that I couldn't stand a chance with him.
 
How could it be?
 
Is this a dream?
 
I hesitated for a moment, but asked, "Was it because you read my diary?"
 
"No. But it made me realize my feelings even more. I'm sorry that your heart has been broken by me so many times, I'm sorry that you have cried over me every single night, I'm sorry that I've made your life sad, but happy at the same time. I'm sorry if you don't like Naeun, I understand. It's okay, you know why? Because from now on, I won't be the one hurting your heart anymore as I'll be the one healing it. I'll stay by your side, and you can tell me all your problems. I can be your human diary." Myungsoo winked for a moment. Cheesy. I thought. 
 
"But I just want to always be there for you okay?" Myungsoo said while looking at me, eyes filled with love.
 
I nodded, blushing at his confession. 
 
No doubt, Myungsoo was a sweet guy and was really good with words. 
 
"So will you-"
 
He paused when he saw tears in my eyes.
 
"W-why are you crying?"
 
"What was that kiss supposed to mean? How can I be sure that I can trust your words? Myungsoo, I love you, so much, but I just can't expect this reality," I sobbed.
 
"Is this even real? Is this a dream? That the guy I love so much, Kim Myungsoo is confessing to me? How is this possible?" I shook my head, while more tears fell.
 
"Don't cry.....I love you....." Myungsoo said softly, and pulled me into a hug. 
 
"You're supposed to spend Christmas happily." He added as he let go, smiling at me as he used his thumbs to wipe my tears away.
 
"Be happy, because I love you. If you're happy, I'm happy. If you're sad, I'll be sad too." He pretended to pout sadly. Since when was myungsoo so cheesy?
 
"Cheesy." I poked his arm.
 
Before I knew it, Myungsoo tickled me unexpectedly, and that made me burst into laughter.
 
"Merry Christmas, my little bunny." Myungsoo said happily.
 
"Little bunny? What's with that again?"
 
"It's my new nickname for you." He said and poked my nose.
 
"Merry Christmas, my Myungsoo." I replied shyly.
 
The next moment, he pulled me into a kiss again. 
 
This is the best Christmas gift I’ve ever received. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I tilted my head and kissed him back.
 

A/N: Hello readers! Thanks for reading this! Merry Christmas to everyone here and enjoy yourself today if you're celebrating :3

 

I hope this fic is nice OTL thanks to bebaeksoon for helping me to beta this again c: