Thursday is really good.

It's about time.

 

It’s about time.

 

  Christmas is here.

 

  It is finally here.

 

  Yixing took small light steps around the street, admiring the lights and the people walking around. He had no idea that his manager would actually give him to leave the café earlier than what he expected, knowing that the customers will be sad. With the bags of gifts from the event in the café, he happily skipped down the streets.

 

  Shops with beautifully wrapped toys could be seen everywhere and even though his arms are already filled with tons of stuff; his attention was still stuck on it. He wonders how nice would it be if he had someone to give a present to, celebrate the holiday with. His loveless status has resulted him to celebrate Christmas alone, despite the fact that tons of girls fawn over him. A light smirk could be seen on his face, as he reminded himself that there’s no girl outside that could be trusted. He believes all they want from him is either his cash or his looks.

 

  Yixing then slowly took light steps down the street, looking into the shops time to time before walking out again. Somehow, he was really in the mood for giving. He checked through his list of people he could give, only to realize that he’s not much of a social butterfly. Well, the guys in the café won’t have time for me. And I am no way going to visit my parents; I visited them only last month. Now…. What about that guy in the train? , Yixing brainstormed.

 

  He then remembered the guy in the train, the one that always gave him candy. A smile crept up his face, realizing that it was a Thursday; they’re going to meet each other. Yixing then looked at his watch before entering a shop, finding a gift for this mysterious man. Since I have an hour left, I better get something he likes. Wait, how would I know what he likes? I’ve never talk to him before! , Yixing remembered before looking around frantically. Now, he has two choices; get nothing or get something that any guy would like.

 

  He walked out of the store before trying to pick a present. Perfume is too pricey, clothes are too risky, and books are too boring; he has nothing left. Time was ticking away as he hesitated before he decided to run first. As he dashed down the street, a small little shop caught his eyes as he quickly turns back. A big grin was plastered on his face, as he wondered why didn’t he think of this just now.

 

A patisserie. Of course.

 

  Their below-friends-above-strangers relationship started from candy, so it would only make senses if he bought him something sweet. The workers greeted him with a bright smile as he asked for their recommendation.

 

“ May I know who is it for?” She asked sweetly.

 

 

“How should I say this… it’s for someone special? This person is probably the first person that treated me so well. I would really like to thank him for many things.” Yixing mustered out.

 

“How about macaroons? They are sweet and easily gifted. We are having a promotion right now-“

 

“Just get me 10 quickly. I’m in a bit of a rush, thank you. Oh yeah, help me wrap it please.”

 

“Oh okay!” She answered before rushing off.

 

  Yixing paced around the patisserie, in hopes that they would move a bit quicker. The train will arrive within 15 minutes and he needs to rush there while caring for the pastry. As he glimpsed at the packing process every six seconds, the pastry was finally wrapped prettily with pink paper and laces. Oh goddamit why pink, Yixing cursed before paying. He then dashed out of the place before hearing the workers say, “ Good luck with your lover!”

 

Great. Just great.


 

  Kris entered the train as usual, with his grocery bag filled with all kinds of food. It’s Christmas, so it’s about time for him to have a little treat. Although his can food was really attractive, he decided to have some proper meal. With his vegetable and fish slightly poking out of his grocery bag, he sat quietly in his seat; wishing the train would reach the stop earlier.

 

  The train rustled slowly as people poured in, making it hard for the giant to keep the seat free for the kid. He didn’t want anyone to sit there, especially on a day like this.  The seat must be kept free so that Kris can stuff his Christmas gift into his bag when he falls asleep, well if he does fall asleep. The kid has been humming carols for quite a few days, indicating that he was excited for Christmas. The chances are high that he might not fall asleep, making things harder for Kris. The giant suddenly realized that there’s even a possibility that he wouldn’t work today, since it’s Christmas.

 

 Well if he doesn’t come today, I could take this as a present for my own, I guess. But I don’t even use it… way the go Kris for being dumb. , Kris mumbled.

 

  Station Maraque. Station Maraque. Please be careful of the steps. Thank you.

 

  Kris nodded after hearing the announcement, reminding himself that he is one stop away from him. As he held onto his bags, a young teen sat beside him. He had quite a number of bags on his hands and small little pink box resting on his lap. Kris felt his presence before staring at him. No one is going to sit here except for him today.

 

“Excuse me kid, but can you move away? This seat is reserved for- oh my god.”

 

“For me right? I’ve kind of guessed.” Yixing replied with a smile.

 

“How did you know? You always sleep when you come up here. I thought you would find it as a coincidence.” Kris stuttered.

 

“Well, the candy was a very good hint. I never bring candy around me but somehow, I always get one after leaving the train on a Thursday.”

 

“I just thought you would like it.”

 

“I loved it. But, why are you treating me this way? I don’t think I know you.” Yixing questioned.

 

A faint smile appeared on Kris’s face. “ It was about three weeks ago, I guess. You came up to the train all tired before falling asleep. You leaned onto my shoulder as you dozed off. “

 

“Oh god, this is embarrassing.” Yixing mumbled.

 

“It’s okay. You reminded me of when I was young. When I was still fresh to the society. I was afraid; things weren’t like it was in school. I was seriously stressed and at that time, a stranger gave me a candy. He said that a small act could make a big difference.”

 

 “Well, it did.” Yixing replied.

 

“What do you mean?” Kris asked.

 

“You gave me a piece of candy. You were the first person to give me candy, even though you didn’t know me. This is kindest thing I have ever received in my whole life. No one approaches me; they always feel burdened. Yet you, a stranger, gave me candy. I can’t thank you enough.”

 

“It was just a candy though…”

 

“A kind act is not measured just by a piece of candy. It’s the pure intention that came with it.”

 

  Kris smiled at the response before passing him the gift. Yixing stared at it for quite a while before taking it, wondering why did he get him something. As the younger male asked if he could open it, the older male gave him a slight nod. With the wrapping paper torn off, Yixing was surprised with the gift. A brand new tie clip that matches with his uniform.

 

  Yixing gaped at the gift before staring at Kris. He couldn’t believe that a stranger would actually get him something so expensive. As he repeated thank you towards Kris for the nth time, he finally remembered about the macaroons.

 

“Oh yeah, I got you this! Although it can’t be compared with your gift, I really hope you would like it.”

 

“A kind act is not measured just by its size. It’s the pure intention that came with it, right? Well the wrapping is a bit… feminine. But thank you anyway.”

 

  He then opened it up before feeling delighted. He took out a piece and ate it before asking Yixing to take one too. They then shared they pastry while introducing each other, excited to finally know each other’s names. Kris then suggested him to go over his place since the younger male has nothing to do. Yixing happily agreed, only to know that they are no strangers anymore.

 


 

“Your name is Kris right?”

 

“And you better not forget, Yixing.”

 

 

a/n: melli keulisumasu peopre