Childhood

First Snow, First Kiss

"Come and catch me!" The young girl stuck her tongue out at the chasing figure. The chubby boy stopped in the middle of the path and bent down, catching his breath. 

The young girl turned back, only to see the boy lying on the path, defeated. She crossed her arms and frowned, "Yah! Lee Jaehwan!" 

Jaehwan's ears picked up the words and got up, dusting himself. "You are running to fast, Yoora!" He exclaimed. 

Yoora shouted, "If you believe in yourself, you can do it." With that, she went away from the narrow path and swerved into the big lane. Being too careless, she tripped over her laces and fell straight onto the hard ground. The pebbles met her palms, leaving scratches on them and her legs. 

Jaehwan's head snapped up in alarm and sped over to his first love. He crouched down and helped Yoora to the nearby park. Carefully, he settled Yoora onto a bench, not forgetting to give it a little swipe first. Then, Jaehwan went down onto his knees and tight the laces into a ribbon knot before flashing a worried look, "Are you hurt in any areas? I could get you bandages from the drugstore."

Without waiting for the lass to reply, Jaehwan sped across the bustling road, totally forgetting about the traffic safety that they taught in school. Vehicles honked loudly at the young boy, creating a chaos on the road.

"Woah, kid! Careful!" 

"Why is a little boy running across the street?" 

"YAH! DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?!" 

The last yell shocked Jaehwan and he ran even faster, reaching the drugstore within a few minutes. The cold breeze and the smell of medicine welcomed the young boy as he approached the kind-looking uncle. 

"Ahjusshi, my best friend just fell down. May I have a few bandages, please?" Jaehwan asked, sweat dotting across his forehead. 

The owner of the store nodded his head and fetched the needed items. He put them into a bag and handed them to Jaehwan. Jaehwan accepted the bag and flipped through his pocket, only to realise that he didn't have any money on him. 

He looked at his hidden chocolate bar and made up the most important decision in his life. Jaehwan fished out the most precious thing and gave it to the owner of the store. "Ahjusshi. I do not have any money on me but I have my favourite chocolate bar. Would you please accept this as the payment?" 

The owner of the store chuckled heartily and waved his hand. "Little boy, just take the items. I will give it to you as an early Christmas present, alright? Keep you chocolate bar too." 

Jaehwan's eyes brightened and bowed furiously, expressing his utmost gratitude to the owner. He said his holiday greetings before leaving. This time, he crossed the road with the junction and hurried back to Yoora. 

"Yoora! Here, I got the bandages!" Jaehwan held up the bag and shook in the air, feeling victorious. He took the items and started to do his work on the girl's knees. Based on what he had learnt from dramas shown on the televisions, he was done with the bandaging. 

Yoora looked at the bandages and she smiled, her eyes forming little crescents. It was rather messy and too loose but it was almost perfect to Yoora. 

"How did I did?" Jaehwan grinned, hopeful. Yoora nodded her head and held her thumbs up, "You did great, Jaehwannie!" 

Jaehwan smiled as he held up two fingers. "Of course! I am the mighty Lee Jaehwan!" The buddies laughed at the statement. 

The young boy bit his lower lips as he flipped through the files of his mind for something. Jaehwan's eyes lighted up happily and took out his plastic ring. He finished the candy but what matters was the casing, right? 

Gathering all of his courage and the knowledge of the dramas that his mother watches, he slipped the ring onto Yoora's finger and smiled cheekily, "Now, you won't be able to run away from me and trip anymore!" 

Yoora played with her new accessory and smiled. She plopped down to the ground, not minding the ache that her limbs were feeling, and hugged the male. A warm fuzzy feeling grew inside the kids' tummies. Both of them wasn't sure what was this amazing feeling but there's one thing for sure, both of them liked the feeling of it. 

That's when the first snow descended onto the streets of Seoul 13 years ago.


Here's the first chapter! The second chapter will be out either tonight or tomorrow. I have done writing the second chapter, just left the editing part. 

It's already Christmas here! Happy Holidays and have fun with your loved ones today. :) 

tumblr_mybfjvzEeA1re454io2_250.gif