1

Apartment

Soori POV

 

I’ve finally landed in Seoul. After living in the UK for nearly most of my life with a person I refuse to call my mother, I have never felt this free. My life back in UK was terrible. Bullied because I’m Asian, a drunk- mother who constantly tries to kill me, and a brother who left me for his dreams. I moved to Seoul to start a new life. My goal in Seoul is to make the next 60 years or so of my life, the best.

 

As I waited in line for a taxi, I couldn’t contain my excitement. It’s my first time living alone in an apartment I bought with my own money! I worked my off back home, and now, the hard work paid off.  As I entered a taxi, I tested my Korean with the driver and told him the address of my new apartment. It’s a good thing my neighbor taught me all I needed to know about Hangul. The driver and I had a long conversation as we were heading to my apartment. He asked all sorts of questions people ask to foreigners. I was happy that he praised my Korean. In return, I gave him some snacks from the UK that I brought along the way to Seoul. Oh! And did I tell you that I’m going to start school tomorrow? I got a scholarship to enter Seoul Academy. I was ranked quite high on the test and they offered me everything I need to survive in Seoul, except a place to live in. I’m also going to start working tomorrow part-time in a coffee shop near my apartment. After 17 years of crap, I now have a job, proper education, and a life.

 

After paying the taxi driver, I went in the apartment building and registered myself. One thing that surprised me was that I’m going to live with another person. No wonder the rent was cheap… Well, I don’t care! At least I have an affordable place to stay in and maybe my first friend.

 

As I unpacked my stuff and placed it around the room, I saw that my roommate’s possessions were already lying neatly around the apartment. So she’s a neat person… Well, she’s going to have a hard time with me around! I’m too messy. hehehe  I threw some leftover snacks in the cupboard, foods that are hard to find in the fridge, and my PS4. After placing all of my stuff, I went inside my room at jumped on the bed. A nice lavender smell enveloped the bed and pillows. Lovely~ I unpacked all of my clothes and toiletries and tried placing them nicely, but failed. As I checked the clock above my bed, it was still 4pm. Since the weather isn’t too cold, I guess I could look around for a bit.  I took my coat and wore my boots, and headed to explore Seoul (or a part of Seoul around my apartment).

 

Kyungsoo POV

Yah! Are you guys done yet??? I have to cook dinner! I shouted at the 11 idiots in front of me. We were just getting some ingredients for dinner, but the new pinball machine in the market stalled us for an hour. The guy in the front desk told me that my new roommate was coming today. I thought that it would be nice if I served him dinner and probably be friends. Fine! I’m leaving without you idiots. No one’s going to have dinner at my place tonight. Bye. I said as I walked out the market with 5 plastic bags around my arm. I opened my car and put the groceries in the trunk.

 

As I opened the car door, I felt something wet and cold smashing against my neck.  Those little s. Hyung~ wait for us! We need food~ Jongin shouted from behind. Kyungsoo-ah~ don’t be so mean! Wait for us. Chanyeol yelled as he ran towards my car. I sighed. These guys are so annoying!! God help me. For Gosh sakes! Hurry up will you!  I got in the car and waited for them to come in. As all 11 got in, I the car and rushed home. I’m never going to cook for him in time..

 

When I arrived in my apartment, I realized that my roommate has arrived. There was nobody home though. He’s probably getting some fresh air. I looked around the room and saw my worst enemy: messiness. KIM MINSEOK! Pick up those clothes and put them in the laundry bag now! I yelled as I saw some shirts lying around. Those weren’t mines, so they probably belong to the new guy… That guy must be such a messy person. It’s going to be quite hard living with him.  

 

I then started preparing the food with the help of the 11 idiots. Even though they’re quite annoying, they’re quite useful too. Hey guys, my roommate’s going to come soon. Let’s all behave well and get ready to have a 13th member.

 

Soori POV

As the sky was getting darker, I checked the time on my Phone. Holy crap, it’s already 6:00pm! I spent so much time here.  There was a small park near my apartment that I thought I knew. I think it was the park my dad and I loved to play around when I was a kid. I wish I could go here with my dad again.

 

As I entered my apartment, I could smell grilled pork, tofu soup, kimchi, and more Korean food.  She must be a good cook. It smells like heaven!  I hanged my coat on the rack and started taking off my shoes. Wow… there’s so many shoes. I think she’s having guests over… Should I go outside and comeback later? I don’t really want to disturb- You’re a girl. A guy with eyeliner suddenly said. I turned to him and saw 11 guys watching the tv. After he said that, the 10 pairs of eyes looked at me. Each of them shocked and slightly excited. KYUNGSOO!!! Your roommate’s a girl~!!!!! They all yelled at someone in the kitchen. They started whispering and fangirling…. About me? Out of all of them, I saw one freakishly tall guy staring at me with shocked eyes. He looks really familiar.  Just then, a guy with eyes as big a tennis balls wearing a pink apron came out. They were eyeing me up and down. What the is going on?! There’s no way my roommate’s a guy right?   Y-You’re my roommate?? 

 

 

How was it? Well, it asn't a crappy job right? Dont' forget to susbcribe and comment~ :)