O1

Without the Love

[ Haerin’s POV ]

The morning’s air seemed cooler than usual but I had thick duvet got me covered from the chill and Sehun’s body wrapping mine was an extra. I could feel him breathing faintly on my neck. I did not move. I don’t want to wake him up, it’s still early I guess. Maybe a little lie-in wouldn’t hurt.

 

Oh Sehun. A name that gives me the chill down the spine and my heart skips a beat. We have nothing special in between. We’re just friends. Close friends and the term ‘close’ means to give everything, even lust. I don’t know how I got into this mess but all I know was that we’re friends with benefits.

 

Sehun happened to have a girlfriend and of course, she doesn’t know anything about us. She just thought that both of us are friends since elementary school and we’re really close. Most of our friends knew about this but thank God that they didn’t tell. It’s none of their business anyway.

 

 

“Haerin-ah~” his voice muffled into my ear, slowly waking me up. I toss and turned facing him and tugged on his arm with my eyes still shut and a smile on my face. Sehun chuckled as he played with my hair. He seemed enjoying waking me up early in the morning. I groaned in disagreement towards his pleasure before asking for the time.

 

“It’s 11 am, babe”

 

!

 

I pushed him aside before jumping out of bed, panicking, leaving Sehun stunned with my action.

 

“, where’s my hair bobble? I’m late for work! Arghh!” I stressed out.

 

Sehun sat up, showing his perfect bare torso before lobbing a pillow towards my direction and laughed.

 

“Yah! What’s that for?” I moaned although it doesn’t hurt.

 

“It’s Sunday, baboya!” Sehun chuckled. I stood still for a few seconds. Blinking. Why in the world did I thought its Monday? “And the last time I checked, you only work on weekdays” he continued.

 

I jumped back onto the bed, under the duvet with a smug on my face. Feeling happy how I don’t have to go to work, how there’s an extra day for me.

 

“Yah! You’re planning to sleep some more?” Sehun asked, he pulled the duvet away from me, baring my thighs.

 

I didn’t say anything but to smile and pulled back the duvet towards me.

 

“Don’t you have enough?” he asked, smiling in disbelief.

 

I shook my head and he let out a sigh in disbelief before carving a smile on his face. I pulled him closer to me.

 

I want him to lie down too.

I want his arms warped around me.

I want him to whisper into my ear.

I just want him for the day.

 

“Okay. I’ll stay for a while” he smiled before checking on his phone. He had back leaned against the bed’s head board before I climbed into his lap and he was my hair before I fell asleep.

 

Ding Dong…

Ding Dong…

 

I slowly open my eyes in response to sound from the doorbell. I could feel Sehun’s hand sit statically on my head, he must have fell asleep too but he soon woke up as I sat up, contemplating whether to ignore the bell or not. I looked at him and he looked at me, puzzled.

 

“Could be the paper boy. I promised the kid that I’d pay him today” I told him. It is true though. I promised the kid to pay two weeks-worth of newspaper to him on Sunday but I totally forgot about it.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll get it. You stay” he offered and smiled. I watched him getting out of the bed in his pajama pants and headed out towards the front door.

 

---

 

[ No One’s POV ]

 

“It’s okay, I’ll get it. You stay” Sehun offered and smiled before getting the door for Haerin. He got out from the bed with nothing except for his green checkered pajama pants.

 

Sehun unlocks and pulled the front door open just to find no paper boy but a figure who is no stranger to him. Both locked with surprised expression.

 

“SEHUN? WHAT THE HELL?” a voice shriek in surprise. Obviously he doesn’t expect Sehun would be welcoming him at Haerin’s front door, especially with his chest bare.

 

“A simple good morning would be nice” Sehun rolled his eyes. Clearly, he’s not up for such surprise at the start of his day. He moved away from the door allowing the uninvited guest to come in.

 

“WHERE’S HAERIN? WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT’S WITH THE BARE TORSO?” Luhan shot him with questions. Sehun stared at the elder’s face, Luhan’s eyes are wide, expecting some explanation from him.

 

It’s not that Luhan doesn’t know about them, it’s just that he doesn’t expect Sehun would be spending a night at HaeRin’s place.

 

“Sheesh. Calm down, man. What’s wrong with you?” Sehun asked as he sat on couch. Waiting for Haerin to come out from her bedroom.

 

“What brings you here, anyways?” Sehun asked again.

 

“Aren’t we supposed to meet up for lunch?”

 

“What lunch?”

 

Just before Luhan could answer the younger, Haerin greeted Luhan. Luhan happens to be Haerin’s best friend. She knew Luhan way before Sehun came into her life.

 

“Luhan!” she calls him cheerily with her biggest smile. “What brings you here?” Haerin asked as she walked towards the couch, taking a seat next to Sehun. She rested her head on Sehun’s shoulder while waiting for an answer.

 

Luhan blinked repeatedly in disbelief.

 

How come none of these dimwits remember?

 

“The lunch? Remember? The one that Sehun supposed to pick up Krystal in….” Luhan checked on his watched for the time “… an hour from now”

 

The look on Sehun’s face changed. He totally forgot about the lunch date with their friends.

 

Haerin sat up, lifting her head from Sehun’s shoulder, allowing him to get up from the couch.

 

“! I totally forgot!” Sehun cursed as he ran back inside Haerin’s room for his t-shirt, keys and wallet.

 

He ran back out and headed for the door before bidding them goodbye.

 

“See you guys later!”

 

The room fell silent for a couple of seconds until Luhan decided to break it.

 

“So he sleeps here now?”

 

“Just for the night. He was bored last night and he decided to come over” Haerin explained.

 

“He was bored, huh? I just don’t like it the way he treated you sometime. As if you’re his last resort” Luhan pointed out as he rolled his eyes.

 

Luhan never agrees on Haerin and Sehun’s secret relationship. It’s like Sehun is taking an advantage over Haerin when he’s on his own and his girlfriend is not available.

 

“Tsk. Luhan, I thought we already agree not to bring this up” Haerin sounded upset when she sighed. She stood up, walking back to her room before announcing “I’m gonna go shower. If you want anything, help yourself” and then the door fell shut, locked.

 

Luhan sighed.

 

“This is stupid. For someone so bright, you’re pretty stupid, Kim Haerin” he whispered.