A127

Mirage: Shining Blue (Arc 1)

“So, what now?” D.O’s blank voice resonated in the silent room, as those within the room returned to their usual state, the colours sparkled for a second before the reappearance of their brown ores.

 

“We wait, like usual.” Chen declared, his body plopping down beside his fiancée by the mats the few of them added to the room. The three outside the training room quickly joined the rest in the room, sitting by the mats at the same time.

 

“Next would be Chanyeol, then me right?” Taeyeon asked hopefully, silently glad yet nervous at the same time at the fact that she was going last. Suho only nodded absentmindedly, not bothering to spare the girl a glance unlike usual. Seeing so, Taeyeon felt a soft pinch at her heart, however since she never felt it before, the girl only shrug off the pinching feeling, trailing her thoughts to the group’s conversation.

 

“How was Hyoyeon at home usually?” Sooyoung asked cheerfully, wanting to find out more about her new best friend, “We’d heard about your’s from Hyoyeon, yet she didn’t say anything about herself.”

 

Sunny only smiled awkwardly in response, her hand unconsciously rubbing the back of her neck. “Well, Hyoyeon had it hard at home too, just that it is a different extent to mine. Mine was a situation where I felt left out by my family, but Hyo’s, she was especially burdened by the amount of attention she received, even when she thought she didn’t deserve it.”

 

“She had always felt sorry for not only me but the rest of the cousins as well. Her family had always placed their attention to Hyoyeon’s sister, whom we’ve met last time - Uee, and herself, which is too much to take sometimes. Especially when all of the elders felt that Hyoyeon would be as good as her older sister, who had made the family proud by taking over as the race’s leader at a young age of 30.” Sunny paused for awhile, with the previously bubbly group had quiet down at the story of their friend.

 

“No matter what Hyoyeon did, the family’s expectation of her doing well would always remain, because she is Uee’s younger sister. But even when she hinted that she was unlike her sister, they still took no notice and continued adding pressure to her.” Sunny continued, “Haven’t you all notice that Hyoyeon is actually quite quiet unless something or someone happened? This personality of her’s was due to this reason. In time, Hyo started to hush down and shut herself within, which why we met you all in the mundane world. I thought she needed a break from the family, but I’m glad.”

 

Sunny bursted into a smile, “I’m glad because we met you all, Hyo returned to her original self, and I feel so much more happy now. It was because of you all.”

 

The rest of the group smiled deep from their heart, happy that they were appreciated by someone so important to them as well. Only, one person was a little distracted from the conversation, and kept looking towards the centre of the room.

 

“Yah, Kai, what are you looking at?” Baekhyun noticed his best friend’s weird behaviour, though Baekhyun cannot really say that his best friend was normal. It was just that Kai was being exceptionally weird that day.

 

Baekhyun’s question caught the attention of everyone else. While the topic of the question, Kai looked flustered and started looking around, everyone but the centre of the room again as his voice went a few octaves his usual, “No-nothing.”

 

“You sure?” Sunny had always liked teasing, “Were you worried for a certain someone? My cousin maybe?” and the girl exchanged a row of high-fives with the rest as Kai’s blush surfaced above his dark skin tone. Kai’s mouth formed shapes, but nothing come out for he was rendered speechless, and he knew that there was nothing he could say to stop the giggles he was getting from his friends.

 

“Come on, stop being shy about it.” Chen exclaimed, hitting the back of his cousin hard, “We all know you like her!”

 

“I do not like her!” Kai had finally found his words back, his blush harder than already was. More chortles sounded from the group before him as inaudible murmurs and exclamations filled the room, and Kai felt his face heating up even more.

 

“Come on, stop denying.” Chanyeol patted his friend’s shoulder, “You know, there’s this mundane chinese saying something like those around are super clear about what is going on yet those involved are still blur about what is going on.”

 

Kai stared helplessly at his blinking friend and tried to change the topic, “How do you know so much about the mundane culture anyway?” But what he did not know was that everyone was bent on getting Kai to look at his heart that day, and make him stop denying.

 

After all, it was time for another couple amongst them anyway. Only having the SooChen couple to tease was starting to get a little boring for all of them.

 

“Come on, be a man Jongin!” Suho smiled widely, unusual to his normal stern expression, his eyes twinkling from all the teasing. Kai turned even redder at his cousin’s comment, his whole face, ears and neck then same shade as that to tomatoes.

 

“Yeah, come on!” the three girls and five boys echoed after Suho, wanting Kai to finally admit his feelings for their friends. Cornering him to the point where beckonings and teases surrounded him, Kai went silent. His mind jumped into a unknown universe.

 

Hearing no other comments from their friend, the group finally quieten down and stared at their friend who seemed miles away from them. D.O stepped up, wanting to get the attention of Kai, only to be stopped by Chen, who exchanged a knowing smile with his fiancée.

 

It was only a while after, when Kai snapped out of his daze and his brown orbs finally regained emotions.

 

“So?” All it took was one word from Chen, who seemed to know everything to get the boy to finally say the words the group had been dying to hear.

 

“I like her.”

 

 


 

 

 

Author's Note: 2nd chapter for you all~ In compensation of my absence in updating for the past weeks, I hope you guys are not angry... xD Weee, Kai is finally (i think?) acknowledging at his feelings YAYY Erm, I don't really have anything much to say this time, since my head is sort of still fried from my exams.. >_< So I shall just end here xD

 

Thank you all readers, subscribers and upvoters as always, I LOVE YOU ALL!! Seeya next week then!!