The beginning

Crescendo

“Miss Kim !!! Won’t you come here a little bit?!!!,” the nursery’s owner shouted her lungs out.  She looked at the wilted flowers in the green house and sighed. “ Now you flowers. Who did these to you?,” she inspected a flower pot. What kind of misfortune is this?

                The said girl ran to the greenhouse. She gaped at the sight and ran to the old woman’s side. “Professor Clinton. Why does the flowers became like this?”, she can’t help it. All the efforts she put in it. It Looks like it goes to waste again.

                Professor Clinton sent daggers through her eyes. “Miss Kim, I told you this is your last chance. If you continued going like this, I can’t help but fail you”, Kim Ji Won swallowed her saliva. She had repeated the first semester twice this year. God knows how much s she got into.

                “Sorry Miss Kim. You know that I hate doing this. I have no choice,” Professor Clinton shot her a sympathetic look before she goes out and slam the door shut. Ji Won gave out a heavy sigh.

                She walked around the campus, barely have any destination. All she sees now is a fading future. She barely had any choice left. Students around her were doing their own things, nobody cares about another mere, disappointed student walking with long faces.

                “Oh… Kim Ji Won ssi”, she heard a familiar Korean voice. She looked up and saw Park Yoochun. her senior.  The only Korean student in the faculty besides her. She threw a forced a smile and the latter quickly noticed the change.

“What’s wrong?,” he asked, concerned. Ji Won let out her frustration with a heavy sigh.

“You fail, again?”, he asked. Ji Won just nodded. For a moment, Ji Won could hear a small laugh escaped from Yoochun’s lips. She shot him a sharp gaze and the latter immediately stop his chuckle.

“Okay, I’m sorry. What does this time again? Someone destroying your flowers?,” Yoochun grinned.

“I don’t know. The flowers wilted just like that”, she sighed.

“Wanna come with me to the café? Girl, you should tell me everything!”, he gave her a gentle warn. Ji Won threw a weak smile. 

They reached the café and immediately spotted a vacant table.

“Two espresso, please,”Yoochun said to the waitress. The waitress nodded and wrote something on her notebooks.

“You want anything?,” Ji Won shooked her head.

The waitress left their table. Yoochun focused his gaze toward Jiwon. He noticed the worriness and agony in her face.

“Yoochun Oppa, what if I just head back to Korea?” she asked. Yoochun was shocked.

“ Do you think going back to Korea would solve everything? You would get questioned by your parents. And then they will send you back to university, even if they have to pay their way there or just merely slaughtered you. Regardless, you get my point. Going back to Korea is not a choice”

Ji Won slammed her head on the table, frustrated. Yoochun ushered himself nearer to Ji Won.

“Don’t worry. Oppa will help you here,” he whispered. Ji Won straighetened her posture.

“That is even worrisome. Tho you’re a good Oppa, but nahh… you can’t even confess to that girl. Who was it? Angelina?,” she teased. Yoochun’s ears turned red

“I didn’t have any crush on her,” he denied

“The stupidest person on Earth must be ashamed with your lies. I can tell. Yes you like her”

“NO!!”

“Yes!!”

Yoochun raised his hands, defeated.

“Okay okay. Enough with Angelina. Now you. What you’re gonna do when you reach Korea?” the smile on Ji Won’s face quickly vanished when she heard the question.

“ I… Maybe I could… you know, starts working. I don’t want to meet my parents that soon. Though they would know I’m back,”

Yoochun glanced at Ji Won’s frustrated expression. Oh dear.

“Working? You sure? You have no certificates for crying out loud,which company would take you in?,” Yoochun urged.

“ I’m trying to live a decent life when I get back, Yoochun Oppa. So don’t worry about me,” Yoochun was flabbergasted.

The waitress arrived with two espressos on the tray. She put them on the coffee table.

“ Thank you,” said Yoochun. He winked and the waitress, an European girl smiled back. Ji Won rolled her eyes at Yoochun’s player act. How disgusting

“Oppa look cool, right?,” Yoochun said when the waitress went away. Well… after slipping her phone number in Yoochun’s pocket.

“You are disgusting”

“In a good way”

Ji Won rolled her eyes, unbelievably.

Yoochun chuckeled.

“  Now…where are we?,” said Yoochun as he took a sip on his espresso.

“I’m trying to live a decent life when I reach Korea”

“ Okay.. so when will you fly there?”

“As soon as possible”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun shone directly on Kai’s face. The morning breeze throws a peck on his cheek. The calm Seoul road began to be filled with cars.

Kai was sitting on a bus station as he looked around him, all the people were busy with their own life, trapped in their own business. He is no different.

But he is different. He is a popular idol. He was trapped in his own busy schedule.

That morning, as soon as 5 a.m, he woke up and decided to take a morning walk. He grabbed his zip-up jacket and a cap to cover up his face.

He slipped out of his dorm, using the back door so that the fans outside won’t realize. Even the other members didn’t know where he is. He had left his phone in the dorm, just in case the members would call him and told him to come back.

He will come back, but not until he had enough time being with just himself.

He looked around the buildings, the people around, the laughter of students as they walk to their schools, the shop owner starting their business.

The life of Seoul  that Kai had forgotten, long after he started his career. There is no way back, and Kai is happy the way his life is. He had achieved his dream, what is not to be happy about?

He had fans. He had gained 11 brothers. He is famous.

But he just wish he could appreciate how things are when he was still a trainee. How calm his life was.

8 a.m

That’s what shown in his digital watch. He sighed as his stood up, stretched his legs while people looked at him strangely. He wondered how people will look at him if they knew he is an idol.

That’s it. He should get back to his dorm right now.

Let’s get back to Kai’s life.