Gone

The Saddest Thing In The World

The only reason they started dating was because they were the last ones left. Baekhyun had Chanyeol. Kris had Tao. While Sehun had Luhan. They felt comfortable with each other. For Kyungsoo it was different. Sure, he felt lonely and a complete failure for being unable to get a boyfriend, but to him Jongin was his everything. He secretly had liked him all along. He never had the guts to ask him. Jongin  was everything a perfect boyfriend should be. He was smart, thoughtful, strong, and attractive. Kyungsoo felt special knowing that he was his first friend. He saw Jongin when he wasn’t so popular. He got to know the real Jongin. Not some stupid boy who thought he had the right to do what he wanted when he wanted.

 

 

It was on their senior year when they got together. Since both had part-time jobs they saved enough money to move in together once they entered college. Kyungsoo always believe that once Jongin saw him and saw all the effort he was putting into their relationship he would try for him.

 

 

He never did.

 

 

They all graduated from high school and soon they were more distant than before. They had different majors so they never had classes together. He was popular; he was not, so they never ate together. Slowly Kyungsoo started to lose hope.

 

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe it had been three years since he started dating Jongin. The first year Jongin actually looked like he liked Kyungsoo. He spoiled him with fancy dinners, presents, and thoughtful letters, but now he didn’t even acknowledge his own boyfriend.

 

 

Kyungsoo drove himself to the nearest coffee shop. He knew it before, but he wanted to fool himself. The love of his life was kissing Yoona. He left before they saw him and got in his car and drove home. He was tired. He knew he wasn’t pretty like her. He was just normal Kyungsoo. Below average Kyungsoo.  Kyungsoo had heard people debated whether if waiting for someone was more painful than forgetting someone and some said the opposite.  But for him he didn’t really have a choice. He didn’t know whether to wait or forget. Either way it was going to be painful.

 

 

Kyungsoo cried for the rest of the day. Not caring if Jongin walked in that door any give second, but he didn’t really need to. Jongin wasn’t going to come home that night. He was busy in the arms of someone else.

 

 

As Kyungsoo drank a cup of tea he began to reflect on his life. What did Jongin give him that had him so in love with him? They used to have often, but he couldn't remember when the last time they had been intimate was. He couldn't even remember when the last time Jongin had kissed him.

 

 

He laughed but his laughter was full of pain and agony. He laughed and cried for a few minutes before he cleaned his face and contact his advisor.

 

 

When Kai arrived home he went straight for a shower. He had a wild night and he needed to get ready for his nine o’clock class. He quickly changed and left his apartment.

 

 

Luhan kept glaring at him. He didn’t know what he had done to make the feisty deer angry, but he didn’t put too much thought to it. He always managed to make him angry. He felt someone sneak their arms around his waist and he relaxed.

 

 

“Hey baby can we get together tonight. My mom is leaving and she is going to be gone for the whole week.”

 

 

“Sure babe I’ll see you at five.” He quickly looked around to see if he could spot the short male and kissed her lips.

 

 

He didn’t know why he was still dating Kyungsoo. Sure, he was a great guy, but he never once felt anything apart from pity. Kyungsoo was awkward as hell. He used to hate taking him out because he made everything so awkward. He had that annoying habit of making his eyes wide when he was surprise. He was sure his eyes were about to pop out. Not only was that but with him awkward. He was always timid and annoying. Sure, he never once denied Kyungsoo because was , but now he didn’t really need Kyungsoo. The only good thing about dating Kyungsoo was that the house was clean, there was always food and the laundry was done. He didn’t like doing all those things.

 

 

He was sure Kyungsoo was going to throw a fit. He was going to be nagging and keep rumbling about calling him when he wasn’t going to come home, but Yoona’s invitation had been a real experience. Not only did he spent the whole day there, but spent the whole weekend with her.

 

 

He quietly entered his apartment and was surprise to find it alone. He thank the lord for that and quickly took a shower and went to bed.

 

 

It should have raised a flag, but he was enjoying the freedom. Kyungsoo wasn’t texting him like he used. He just assumed that he was angry and had spend the whole week with Luhan’s or one of his friends.

 

 

It was when he was looking for a clean pair of socks that he noticed that the laundry hadn’t been done for a whole week or how the dishes were piling in the sink. Where the hell was Kyungsoo? He quickly took his phone and pulled his name out from the contact list and called him.

 

 

“Hi, I can’t get to you right now, but leave a message and I will get to you as soon as I can. Bye!”

 

He tried again but it was the same. It quickly went to voicemail. He started to wonder when the last time he actually saw Kyungsoo. Was it more than two weeks ago? He knew Kyungsoo used to do this all the time. He tried to act like this to make him feel sorry for him, but he knew better.

 

 

Throughout the week he tried to contact Kyungsoo, but it was the same like last time. He knew it was late, but knocked on the door either way. The door open and unimpressed Luhan open the door.

 

 

“What do you want?”

 

 

“Tell Kyungsoo to stop being such a crybaby and to go home. I learned my lesson.”

 

 

“You don’t get it do you?” Luhan told him.

 

 

“Get what?” Jongin asked.

 

 

“You are such a ing .” He didn’t know Baekhyun was also here, but when he took a peek inside, he found all his friends in there.

 

 

“Get out of my way you ing in heat.” Jongin pushed both Luhan and Baekhyun out of the way and looked for his boyfriend.

 

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t there and Baekhyun was grinning. “What surprised?” He said mockingly.

 

 

“Shut the up .” He told Baekhyun.

 

 

“If you like the way your face is arranged I will suggest to stop insulting my boyfriend.” Chanyeol said as he got up.

 

 

“Seriously it took you almost three weeks to notice that your boyfriend wasn’t there. What kind of boyfriend are you? If you would told him and end this early you wouldn't have lost Kyungsoo only, but now you lost friends as well.” Sehun said angrily pushing Kai to the door..

 

 

“Go home and look for a letter Kyungsoo left beside the picture of your first anniversary.”

 

 

That is what Jongin did. He went home and quickly looked for that one picture where he actually looked happy to be around the short male. He spotted the envelope and cursed for being so damn stupid.

 

I don't really need to say anything other than we are done. I am tired of waiting, hoping one day you will see how hard I try but you don’t. Ever since we started college you changed. You don’t want me calling you Jongin, but Kai; that stupid nickname that means nothing to me.

 

 

I am tired of always being last when you have always been my first priority. I guess I was so stupid to think that one day you will realized that I am here for you. I know all about Yoona, Taeyeon, Seohyun and even Taemin. I am sorry but I can’t take this anymore. You can keep the apartment. I don’t want to have anything that reminds me of you. I am transferring to a different university. Changing everything in my life.

 

 

Make sure you do the laundry every Sunday. Separate whites, blacks and colors. You only use bleach on whites.

 

 

Take good care of yourself Jongin. You will always be my first love, but I need to stop living in  this fairy tale. I know our story doesn’t have a happy ending.

 

 

Good bye Jongin-ah,

 

 

Kyungsoo

 

 

Jongin couldn’t believe what he just read and ran towards the closet. All the clothes that belong to his boyfriend were gone. It hurt. He didn’t know it was going to hurt this much. Not only had he lost his boyfriend, but his best friends since they were in diapers. Was he that blind that he didn’t noticed that his boyfriend had moved out of their apartment? He cursed for being stupid, but he couldn’t help but to be relieved. Now he didn’t have to make sure he called him when he wasn’t going to come home, or to do all those things that made him so angry. He was finally free to do what he wanted.

 

 

Jongin began dating Yoona publicly by the end of the week. He asked her to move in with him if she felt ready. She did. The only problem was that she was nothing like Kyungsoo. She was lazy and messy. She left her bras and underwear on the floor. She didn’t know how to cook so they had to depend on carry-out a lot. He was tired of pizza, Chinese food, and fast food. He wanted food. Home made food. To be more specific kimchi spaghetti.

 

 

His relationship with Yoona didn’t last that much only a few months. So after Yoona, Yuri came. She left as well getting fed up with Jongin’s nagging. With Sulli, Suzy and Tiffany it was the same. He tried to fly solo for a while, but Jongin needed the comfort of a woman or a man.

 

 

So that is how he was in the situation that he was right now, but with a different face different name, yet they were all the same. Now it was Krystal. A beautiful girl that was too spoiled to do anything for him or the apartment in where they lived.

 

 

“Is it too much to ask to do the ing laundry? Or pick up your ing tiny bras?”

 

 

“It’s not my job to do it. I told you I could ask my maid to come live with us. I will not do any of those things. It’s not my job.”

 

 

“Kyungsoo never complain as much as you. You nag all ing day. Can’t you shut the up?”

 

 

Krystal offended gasped. “I am not Kyungsoo. I am not that nagging .”

 

 

Jongin simply pulled her out he room and asked her to leave. That they were done. It had been more than two years since he last seen Kyungsoo and he was still a sore topic. He realized that he had lost the only person who really cared about him. He asked how his day was while these ing girls only wanted someone beside them that they could brag about.

 

 

Kyungsoo was perfect. He finally realized that he lost one perfect being. He was cute in his own way. He missed him. He missed him oh so terribly.

 

 

His friend had also stopped talking to him. He knew that by hurting Kyungsoo, he had hurt them as well. Luhan made sure to glare at him whenever he saw him, but he just missed his old life. He missed sleeping next to the short male. The way he smelled and the way he would keep rambling about crazy topics. He wanted him back. He wanted that family they both wanted. He wanted a family with Kyungsoo.

 

 

He knew what he had to do. In order to get to Kyungsoo he first needed to apologize to all his friends. He walked towards their table and when Kris noticed him he asked them if they could talk.

 

 

“I don’t see what we need to talk Jogin.” It was Sehun who first said that.

 

 

“I want things to go back like the way they used to. I want to be friends with everyone. I want to apologize for letting popularity get to my head and ignoring the only people who really know me. I want to be able to speak with you all without being glared at all the time. We will soon graduate and I don’t want to lose my real friends.”

 

 

“You hurt Kyungsoo when you could have lessened his pain before it all got to this mess. I trusted you with my cousin Jongin. You promise that you would try but if you didn’t managed to fall in love with him you would tell him. My cousin is happy right now.” Chanyeol told him as Baekhyun held him back.

 

 

“I know your cousin is happy. I want some closure as well Chanyeol. I want to apologize to him.” Chanyeol didn’t really need to know that he planned to get the short male back.

 

 

“I can ask  if he wants to see you, but don’t get your hopes up. His boyfriend hates your guts.”

 

 

“Boyfriend?” He asked.

 

 

“Did you honestly though he was going to last long before someone else wooed him? Kyungsoo is gorgeous.” Baekhyun joined the conversation.

 

 

“Yeah Daeryong and Kyungsoo make a cute couple. Their babies will be cute.”  Tao said as he made a cute face.

 

 

“Babies?” He asked hoping it was not what he was thinking.

 

 

“Kyungsoo is pregnant. He found out recently. He is just grateful that at least he will finish his education before he becomes a mother. His boyfriend has a job so he will not have to worry about money.” Chanyeol told him. “I get to you later Jongin.” Chanyeol picked up his stuff and left the table holding Baekhyun’s hand.

 

 

He said goodbye to them and walked towards his car. He didn’t want anyone seeing him, so he made sure he arrived home as soon as possible. Once he got home he cried. It hurt. He was too late. Kyungsoo was happy. Kyungsoo was already forming the family they both desired a while back. If he had put more effort in his relationship with Kyungsoo maybe it would have been him the father of his unborn child.

 

 

Chanyeol did contact him back. He told him that Kyungsoo asked him to come with them to their house. They were going to celebrate that Kyungsoo graduated and they all could celebrate together since they were all in the same year apart from Kris and Luhan who both were in graduate programs. He agreed, but he knew he was not well welcome by the boyfriend.

 

 

Daeryong wasn’t his boyfriend anymore, he was his fiancé. It seemed that had asked him to marry him a few days ago and now Kyungsoo’s finger was adorned by a shiny ring.  Kyungsoo looked beautiful pregnant. His belly wasn’t huge yet, but definitely looked pregnant . Kris told him that he found out a month ago about his pregnancy and both parents were happy about it.

 

 

To be honest he expected already, so he wasn’t surprised when Daeryong asked him if they could talk alone. He was trying to intimate him, but it wasn’t going to work. He had played that card before.

 

 

“I don’t know what you are trying to achieve by this, but don’t expect anything from Kyungsoo. You are done for him.”

 

 

“If you feel the need to tell me that is because you are afraid. You damn well know he is still in love with me. I will get him back. Don’t worry about your son. I will take care of him as if he was my own.”

 

 

Daeryong tried to hit him, but he was faster and blocked him. Jongin wasn’t stupid. He wasn’t going to hit him. He would get blamed for everything. Jongin let him hit him. The commotion made everyone come where they were and Kyungsoo got to him first. He sent a smirk to the tall male and Daeryong left the house.

 

 

“I am so sorry Kai. I don’t know what is wrong with him.” Kyungsoo said he kept applying ice to the spot.

 

 

“He is violent person Soo. Those are the type of people you need to be careful. What if you are his next target? I can’t let you get hurt Soo.”

 

 

“You are crazy Kai. Daeryong is a sweet person. Not violent at all. You must have told him something or did something he didn’t like. He’s my soon to be husband. I love him. Please don’t ruin this for me. This is my fairytale. My happy ending. He is the father of my babies. What happen with us is in the past.”

 

 

It was in that moment that Jongin realized that he lost Kyungsoo forever. He even addressed him as Kai. He was late. He messed up with the only person that loved him for who he was. Kyungsoo had moved on, but he still held onto the past. Hoping he still had a chance of being lucky enough to be loved by him.

 

The saddest thing in the world is loving someone who used to love you.


A/N I wrote this long ago, but it was in my Google drive so I forgot. Ignore mistakes, cuz I . Happy Christmas!