Make a Wish!

Secret Santa
 
Jongdae yawned and let himself fall into the chair. He slid his fully loaded tray over the table in the cafeteria.
Jongin and Baekhyun were talking loudly about something, Yixing was too busy to stuff his face with food. He just nodded at Jongdae.
 
“So, who did you get?”, Baekhyun asked and leaned over the table. Jongin turned around at the same time and looked curiously at Jongdae.
 
“Huh?”, Jongdae murmured and opened his water bottle.
 
“You know, whose Secret Santa are you? Jongin got Kyungsoo, what a wonderful chance! On Christmas Eve, Jongin will reveal himself and Kyungsoo will get his present and then they’re going to be all lovey-dovey. And then they will only hang out together like Kris and Tao, it will only be the two of them and it’s going to be very disgusting-”, Baekhyun babbled.
 
Jongin punched him the side. “Oh shut up, nothing of this will happen”, Jongin groaned.
 
“Yeah, you’re right, because Kyungsoo doesn’t deign to look at you even once”, Yixing threw in. Jongin glared at him.
 
“Was that really necessary, Yixing?”, Jongin hissed. Jongdae rolled his eyes and bit into his sandwich.
 
“So what about you?”, Yixing asked Jongdae and ignored Jongin’s death glares. Jongdae shrugged.
 
“Ah, I don’t really care. I’m not very fond of this Secret Santa stuff”, he murmured with his mouth full of sandwich.
 
“You mean, you didn’t even check whom you got?”, Baekhyun asked and blinked. Jongdae shook his head and pulled out the still neatly folded piece of paper out of his bag.
 
Baekhyun snatched it away and unfolded it quickly. Jongdae hesitated as he saw Baekhyun’s facial expression changing, that look didn’t mean anything good. Baekhyun grinned and turned the paper around. The writing was neat and nice.
 
Minseok.
 
“Ha!”, Baekhyun called and got up. “Now, you two get the love of your lives and I… who do I get? This… Chanyeol guy”, he said and crossed his arms with furrowed brows.
 
“Chanyeol? The walking tower?”, Jongdae asked. Baekhyun groaned and sat down again.
 
“Yeah, great... I can't stand it when he comes up to me, I feel like always wants to rub into my face how much taller he is and how much greater at Physical Education he is... what the hell should I give to him? Everything I know about him, is that he plays basketball”, he grunted.
 
Jongin took the paper that was now lying on the dirty table.
 
“Hold up for a second, since Jongdae is currently unable to think or speak properly, let me point one thing out for you guys. It is not possible for you to get Minseok’s name. He’s in the second year, I thought we were doing the game only with first years?”, he said with a frown on his forehead.
Baekhyun looked up.
 
“Oh, you’re right. Are you sure that is the one you drew randomly from the hat our teacher handed around?”, Jongin asked. Jongdae nodded.
 
“Well, I overslept and came late so I had to take the one that was left over”, Jongdae said and grabbed the piece of paper himself.
 
He smoothed the paper and thoughtfully over the letters. Even though he disliked admitting it, but Baekhyun was right. This game was his chance to get his attention. He was always just a small part of the big fan crowd and there was no way Minseok would ever notice him by himself.
 
Minseok, the soccer star at this high school. Jongdae went to every single soccer match and practice, just to see him playing, even though he wasn’t actually that much interested in soccer. Someone had spread the rumor he was going to get a full scholarship at a sports college. It wouldn’t surprise Jongdae if it was true, Minseok was the best player of the whole team.
But despite that he was a very humble person. Jongin who was also in the soccer team had told him that Minseok treated the first years were nicely, in contrary to the others he wasn’t arrogant or liked to point out he was older than them.
 
Baekhyun suddenly hit his palm onto the table, which made them all jump and come back to reality.
 
“What was that for?”, Yixing said and frowned as his orange juice bottle had fallen over and spilt its content over his tray.
 
“Someone put Minseok’s name in there on purpose. So that you would get his name!”, Baekhyun said. Jongdae raised his eyebrows.
 
“Don’t be ridiculous, how would anyone make sure that not someone else got his name?”, he said.
 
“No, I’m sure our teacher got something mixed up and put his name in there by accident”.
Baekhyun puckered up his lips.
 
“Yixing, you were the last one to have the hat. It would have been easy for you to put in Minseok’s name”, Baekhyun said.
 
Yixing sighed. “What’s wrong with you?”, he asked as he tried to save his food from the spilled orange juice.
 
“Don’t be silly, Baekhyun. It was coincidence, Yixing has nothing to do with it. How should he have known that I would be late?”, Jongdae said and got up.
 
He shouldered his bag and grabbed his tray. “You’re just angry because you got Chanyeol, instead of someone you like”, he added and left.
Baekhyun glared at Yixing.
 
“Jongdae is always late on Mondays. Don’t lie, you put his name in it, didn’t you?”, he said and leaned forward. Yixing suddenly blushed.
 
“Uh…. Well”, he murmured. Jongin turned around.
 
“You’re kidding me!”
 
Yixing groaned. “It was unbearable to see Jongdae like this. He’s running after Minseok and it’s almost getting pathetic, okay? Remember that one time Minseok said hi to Jongdae? For the rest of the day Jongdae was… it was impossible to have a normal conversation with him anymore. He was all dreamy and then one hour later he freaked out and asked me every minute how he looked like and if he blushed a lot and what the meaning of everything was. You stand through such a day and then tell me you don’t want to do something against it!”, Yixing said and got up.
 
Jongin raised his eyebrows. “Well, seeing it from that perspective…”, Jongin started.
 
“You're the one to talk, Jongin”, Baekhyun cut in between.
“Great that you got Kyungsoo’s name, hopefully you’ll stop now staring longingly over towards him. You’re too desperate”, Baekhyun grunted and slapped him at the back of his head.
 
He grabbed his bag and left the cafeteria. Jongin rubbed his head.
 
“Ouch, man. What’s going on with this guy?”, he murmured. Yixing stretched.
 
“He seems a bit stressed these days. He failed at the last 2 tests and his parents pressure him a lot, I guess”, Yixing said and tilted his head. “But he always says he’s okay and he doesn’t want to talk about it”, he murmured. But Jongin wasn’t even listening.
 
“What? I’m late for the soccer practice. See you later”, he called and stormed away.
 
 
 
“Nice pass, Minseok”, their coach called.
 
“Alright, enough. Gather here!”, he called and clapped his hands.
 
Jongdae quickly walked backwards and closed the door. He didn’t want to be caught watching the soccer team practicing. It wasn’t forbidden or anything like that, but he really didn’t want to sit at the bench with 20 squealing girls. As he heard approaching footsteps and loud voices, he panicked, but before he could escape through the changing rooms, the door to the gym had already opened.
 
The soccer team didn’t mind him much and passed him by while talking loudly.
 
“Jongdae? What are you doing here?”, Jongin called and stopped.
 
“Ah… well yeah, you… uh”, Jongdae stuttered. He spotted Minseok in the crowd, he was of course, surrounded by girls and 2 other guys.
 
One of them was Luhan, his best friend.
 
“Jongdae!” Jongin snapped with his fingers in front of his face.
 
“Yeah. You forgot your jacket”, Jongdae said quickly and pulled out a red jacket. Jongin raised his eyebrows.
 
“It’s not mine. It’s Yixing's, he really forgets his stuff all the time”, Jongin said. “Don’t tell me you just came to bring me this jacket”, Jongin said and quickly glanced over his shoulder.
 
He saw Minseok who just reached the door and waved at the girls.
 
“See you later”, he called. Jongin groaned and rolled his eyes.
 
“Oh god, you were watching again? You’re like a creeper”, he said. Jongdae crossed his arms.
 
“Not at all! I just don’t like sitting with these stupid girls!”, he said. Jongin laughed.
 
“They’re annoying, I know. But if you would sit there, it wouldn’t be that bad anymore”, Jongin said and patted his shoulder.
 
“Huh?”, Jongdae asked surprised. “Well, then it would be funny”, Jongin said and shrugged.
 
Before Jongdae could say something, Minseok appeared behind Jongin.
 
“You did a great job today, Jongin. I’m sure we’re going to win the next match”, he said and patted Jongin’s back. Then he saw Jongdae and smiled.
 
“Hi”, he said and Jongdae’s face turned dark red. “H-Hi”, he murmured. 
 
“If you bring your boyfriend as motivation, I’m even more-“, Minseok started.
 
“He’s not my boyfriend”, Jongdae immediately cut between. Minseok blinked.
 
“Uh, oh”, he said. Jongin quickly shook his head.
 
“I just thought because you’re always there at our games and sometimes even at the practice…”, Minseok started.
 
“No, no, no. We’re definitely not together. He ‘s not my boyfriend, I don’t have a boyfriend”, Jongdae said and shook his head and hectically waved with his hands.
 
“Okay…”, Minseok said slowly.
 
Jongin rolled his eyes and Minseok opened his mouth, then his slightly confused expression because of the awkward situation turned into a smile.
 
“Alright, good friends are also welcome. See you!”, he said and disappeared into the changing rooms.
 
Jongin breathed in, but Jongdae’s hand snapped right before his face.
 
“Don’t! Say. A. Word”, Jongdae said sharply and then walked away. Jongin sighed and ruffled through his hair.
 
 
-
 
Just the very next day, Jongin found Jongdae sitting alone with crossed arms and a grumpy face in the cafeteria.
 
“What happened?”, he called and jumped into the chair next to his friend. Jongdae puckered up his lips.
 
“I got a new name”, he said. Jongin sighed. “Is that the work of Baekhyun?”, he asked. Jongdae shook his head.
 
“No, Yixing’s. He told our teacher, he probably realized that one student wouldn’t get a present and he felt so bad about it, he went confessing”, Jongdae grunted. Jongin tapped onto the table.
 
“And? Who did you get?” Jongdae pulled out a small piece of paper from his pockets. “Suho”, he said and Jongin took the paper with raised brows.
 
“Well that… ”. Jongdae leaned forward.
 
“First of all I have no idea what to give to him. Second, he hates me. Third, I don’t really like him either”, Jongdae said quietly as if someone would listen. Jongin grimaced.
 
“A book maybe?”, he suggested. “I bet he already has all the books you can have”, Jongdae murmured and both slightly turned their heads towards a small table in the corner.
 
Between two large piles of books, Suho was sitting and writing something. He was alone like always, it was unusually anyways that he was in the cafeteria at all. Usually he was in the library all day for studying and he was always alone. Apparently everyone else in the year was too stupid for the best of the year.
 
He had top grades, but that was basically everything Jongdae knew about him. Suho slightly shoved his glasses up on his nose and turned the page.
 
“I wanna punch something when he does that”, Jongin murmured.
 
Jongdae hummed and turned back to his tray. He hadn’t eaten anything yet. “There’s just one problem”, Jongdae said.
 
Jongin raised his left eyebrow.
 
“Yeah?” Jongdae pulled out the last test and placed it on the table.
 
“If I want to get through this year, I’m going to need help”, Jongdae said. Jongin raised his hands.
 
“Oh, you’re asking the wrong one. I failed also, I have no idea about politics”, he said and snorted.
 
“Ask Suho, it’s his favorite subject, isn’t it?”, Jongin said. Jongdae looked at Jongin.
 
“Actually that’s exactly what I’m planning to do. I also need some help at Math, so it’s the best to ask Suho”, Jongdae said. Jongin looked at him as if Jongdae had gone crazy.
 
“He’s not going to help you, I thought he hates you”, Jongin said. Jongdae got up.
 
“I've already asked Kibum and Kyuhyun, but both turned me down. So it's time to change Suho's opinion, I guess I have to apologize for something that happened last month”, he said and gritted his teeth. Jongin opened his mouth.
 
“Oh, right… maybe you tell him sorry from me as well?”, he added and bit into his sandwich. Jongdae glared at him.
 
“Do it yourself”, he said and got up. But just as he reached Suho’s table, the said boy had started packing his stuff.
 
“Suho, do you have a minute?”, Jongdae asked. Suho didn’t even look up.
 
“No, I have to hurry or I’ll be late for class”, he said and walked towards the door.
 
“Hey, hey. Wait, please”, Jongdae called and ran after him. He managed to grab Suho’s arm and stop him just as they reached the full hallway.
 
“Please, listen for one second”, Jongdae said. Suho turned around and eyed Jongdae. Jongdae blinked and waited, but then the corner of Suho’s mouth twitched impatiently.
 
“Are you going to ask me something now or not?”, he asked irritated.
 
“Uh, yeah right. See, I failed at the last two tests in Politics and Math. I… I wondered if you could… help me?”, Jongdae asked slowly.
 
Suho frowned. “Help you?”, he asked. “Yeah, if you could give me some tutoring”, Jongdae said.
 
Suho snorted and turned around. “No”.
 
Jongdae’s eyes widened. “No? But… you’re my last chance! I’m not going to get through the next tests, I need your help!”, Jongdae called.
 
Suho turned around.
 
“Why don’t you ask your friends?”, he asked coldly. Jongdae sighed.
 
“They all at Math or Politics, you’re the best, that’s why I’m asking you”.
 
Suho frowned. “Ah… and that’s why I should help you?”, he asked. Jongdae opened his mouth and closed it.
 
“Okay, okay. It’s just that I don’t know what to say… I’m not good at apologizing!”, Jongdae said and threw his hands over his head.
 
Suho blinked. “Apologizing?”, he asked.
 
“Last month when we stole your bag… and threw it into the lake, that was my idea. But I was just talking, I had no idea the others would really do such a thing. I’m really sorry. We all know it was stupid that’s why we made sure no one would repeat this… but I don’t think you noticed”, Jongdae started.
 
Suho crossed his arms. “So you’re trying to tell me that you wanted to protect me because you felt bad?”, Suho said.
 
Jongdae nodded. “We are no douche bags, okay?”, he said.
 
Suho shoved his chin a little forward. “Okay”.
 
Jongdae bit his lip. “Okay what?”
 
“I’m helping you. Tuesday and Friday. 2 PM in the library. Don’t be late and bring something to write”, Suho said suddenly.
 
Jongdae’s eyes widened. “You’re helping me?”, he called relieved. Suho nodded.
 
“Great! See you tomorrow then”, Jongdae called and smiled brightly at him. Then he disappeared in the crowd.
 
 
Jongdae surely was happy that Suho would help him to stand through the next exams, but he wasn’t very fond of having extra lessons after classes. He shuffled to the library and spotted Suho already waiting for him.
“Hi”, Jongdae said and to his surprise Suho smiled at him. 5 minutes later Jongdae understood everything.
He understood why Suho agreed to help him and why he was smiling. Giving Jongdae extra lessons was a wonderful way to pay back for last month.
He could torture Jongdae through the most difficult questions and lections.
 
“You’re making this extra hard, aren’t you?”, Jongdae whined and groaned. Suho chuckled. “Probably”.
 
But besides the difficult lections, Jongdae was surprised that Suho had prepared papers for him and really tried hard to make him understand every detail.
After 30 minutes, Jongdae sighed.
 
“I feel so stupid right now. How haven't you losed your patience already?”, Jongdae asked. Suho smiled. “I’m a patient person, I guess”, he said.
Then he flinched as someone covered his eyes.
 
“Booh”, someone called. Jongdae and Suho turned around and Jongdae almost choked on the air as he saw Minseok standing behind them.
 
“Minseok, do you always have to do that?”, Suho complained. Minseok grinned at him.
 
“Yeah, now that I see you’re tutoring someone after you refused to help me out last time, I’m a bit… upset”, Minseok said, but he was still smiling. Suho rolled his eyes.
 
“Yeah, that’s Jongdae”, he murmured. Minseok looked at Jongdae and his smile widened.
 
“Oh, if that’s not the guy who’s definitely not Kim Jongin’s boyfriend”, he said. Jongdae blushed furiously.
 
“U-Uh, yeah. Hi”, he mumbled.
 
“So… you already know each other?”, Suho asked. “Not really”, Jongdae said and laughed awkwardly.
 
He tensed up as Minseok patted his shoulder. “He’s just at every single soccer game and cheering in the crowd. I thought you’re with Jongin, but so you’re simply a soccer fan? Why are you not on the team as well?”, Minseok asked.
 
“Ah, yeah, no. I-I don’t play…  I just like watching it”, Jongdae quickly said. That would be fantastic, embarrassing himself in front of Minseok.
 
“Okay… that’s great too. So will you be there at our next match? It’s on Saturday”, Minseok said and smiled. Jongdae stared at him. Did he just invite him to the next match?
 
“I’ll be there”, Jongdae said quickly. “Great! I don’t want to hinder you with your studies, so… see you”, he called and he left.
It was even harder for Jongdae to focus after that…
 
 
One week later, Jongdae rummaged through his locker, he was in a good mood, which hadn’t happened in a long time. Thanks to Suho he had the feeling he maybe could make it through the exams and on Saturday, Minseok had noticed him in the crowd. He had waved at him and smiled. And throughout the whole week, they had met a couple of times in the hallways and Minseok would always smile and greet him nicely.
But he never dropped by his study session with Suho again.
 
Jongdae glanced at his watch, speaking of Suho, he should meet him in 5 minutes at the library. Jongdae shut his locker and almost got a heart attack as he was facing Minseok.
 
“God! Can’t you announce yourself?”, he called and pressed his hand against his chest.
 
Minseok blinked. “Uhm… sorry. I’ll note it down for the next time”, he said and then smiled as Jongdae blushed.
 
“Actually I have something for you”, he added and handed Jongdae a folder. Jongdae took it and eyed it.
 
“What is that?”, he asked confused.
 
“Suho is struck down with the flue, so there will be no study session today, but he had already some papers prepared. He told me that he wrote down all
explanation and you should simply read through it all and do it on your own”, Minseok told him.
 
Jongdae opened his mouth in surprise. “Wow… he really put a lot of effort into it”, he said and felt guilty for the way he had treated Suho before.
 
They had met 3 times now to study together and by now they were somehow getting along very well. Suho wasn’t that much of a nerd as Jongdae had expected, but they barely talked about private things, whenever Jongdae tried to ask something, Suho scolded him and insisted to focus on the work they had to do.
 
“Yeah, you’re a very special person to him”, Minseok murmured. “What?”, Jongdae asked surprised and looked up.
 
Minseok suddenly looked nervous. “Uh, yeah. No, I mean…”, he said quickly, but didn’t find the words to end his sentence.
 
“Can you act like I didn’t say that?”, Minseok asked him and looked really worried.
 
“Okay…”, Jongdae said unsure. A smile appeared on Minseok’s face again and Jongdae’s heart skipped a beat.
 
“By the way”, Minseok said and reached out his hand. Jongdae wasn’t sure what was going on as Minseok touched his cheek.
 
“You’ve got an eyelash there. You need to close your eyes and blow it away while making a wish. It’s Christmas soon, so maybe it’ll come true very soon”, Minseok said.
 
Jongdae was never so confused in his whole life, but he leaned forward and closed his eyes to blow away the eyelash on Minseok’s fingertip.
 
Make a wish… How about kissing me right now, Minseok?, he thought and opened his eyes.
 
His heart stopped beating as he noticed how close they were.
 
“I hope your wish comes true…”, Minseok said. Jongdae didn’t respond he was losing himself in Minseok’s eyes. It was the first time, they were so close after all.
 
“Well… I really need to leave now or I’ll miss the soccer practice. See you”, Minseok said finally and walked away.
 
 

Oh god... what am I doing here?

This is my Christmas Present for Penny (and for all the faithful Xiuchen shippers...)

I hope you enjoyed somehow all the fluff and cheesy crappy stuff I wrote .___.

 

If you're interested in what will happen to Baekhyun/Chanyeol, I've wrote a special baekyeol bonus chapter

you can read it here (CLICK ME!).

 

I hope you all receive lots of nice presents and spend a wonderful day/evening with your family!

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!