Christmas

Snow ❅

Jongin’s walking around the library with his best friend Chanyeol and they were trying to find reference books on their science experiment but to no avail. Everywhere they roamed, it was either irrelevant to their topic, or it was too tough for them to understand. What’s the point of a library if it didn’t really help in anything?

They were browsing the tenth shelf when Chanyeol saw a particularly pretty boy with a little heavy eyeliner scribbling something down onto a few pieces of portable screens, before tilting his head up as if to find some sort of inspiration or idea.

Chanyeol was very attracted to that boy and he scurried away, abandoning a very frustrated Jongin who summed that he didn’t get any information for the day.

He was about to just call it a day and leave the library when he saw a very tiny crowd circling something or someone and soon his interest took over. What he heard from the crowd though was mean though, in Jongin’s opinion because the person who should deserve the insults and horrible comments should be Chanyeol who left Jongin alone to die while he went to get inside someone’s pants.   

“I don’t see why he is so interested in those books about old stuffs.”

“Just let him be. In case we contract his weirdness.”

Jongin didn’t really go to the school library that much, around 3 times in his school years (all 3 times for projects). Since he’s already intelligent as said by others, he did not see any point in visiting it at all. However, as far as he knew, a library should be a quiet place void with dramas so he was clueless as to why was there a crowd.

Jongin walked even closer, trying to investigate the center of all attention when his eyes landed on a rather short boy, his pretty and delicate fingers brushing against the pages of the book he was reading.

Jongin’s heart exploded into glitters.

 He was sitting on a chair, the bright light from the transparent window behind him causing him to glow like an angel. His eyes, remarkably huge but in an adorable way, in Jongin’s opinion, scanned the page and it was as if he was totally ignoring or oblivious to the hatred surrounding him. Then Jongin realized he had his Musica on. That was why. He’s surrounded by a musical barrier, blocking all the sounds around him while inside, music’s surrounding him.

Interest peaked in Jongin and he wanted to approach and learn more about this mysterious boy but as he heard from the crowd around him, the boy was weird and it was deemed safe not to go near him. But there wasn’t any harm around this fragile boy, who even resorted to spending so much money just to buy a Musica. Maybe he’s rich, but there was no apparent reason for him to block everyone out from the barrier. He must have gone through the insults before.

Jongin’s heart ached unknowingly.

He decided to linger around, browsing the books on the shelf when his mind and eyes were planted on the short boy, engrossed deeply in his book that Jongin for a moment wished he was that inanimate object. He was waiting for an opportunity for the mean and horrible people to disappear but apparently they stayed on and kept hurling verbal abuses such as ‘weird kid’ ‘idiot’ and ‘retard’ even though it was blocked by the barrier. Idiots.

Finally, the bullies left and he scanned around, trying to make sure he’s alone with the boy. That thought alone was enough to make him fluster and he started to blush by himself as he walked towards him slowly, step by step. With every small step, his legs wobbled and he did not expect his body to be this useless when this weird and unknown feeling was involved.

He finally got close to the boy and he was about to say something when the pinkish barrier around that enigma was still in between them.

Jongin certainly didn’t expect himself to squat in front of him, waving his hands frantically just to get that boy’s attention. He even resorted to touching the barrier when a mini-current ran through his finger and he jumped in shock. Still, the boy didn’t react and Jongin frowned.

He decided to sit in front of that boy, waiting patiently for him to respond and close the barrier and maybe he could embrace that shorter boy, assuring him that those comments were made from cowards or s that didn’t know anything. Yet again, Jongin didn’t know anything about that boy too and he didn’t know why he was imagining himself hugging that cute boy who took his breath away.

Somehow, that boy managed to feel someone sitting in front of him for a while and he peered away from his book for a while, to see Jongin smiling so sweetly at him he thought he was going to physically hurt him that he intensified the barrier causing Jongin to frown and pout.

Jongin’s upset but he persisted and this went on for a few hours. With each passing hour, he could feel himself drifting away to dreamland until he could see that boy with his sleepy eyes stuffing that book he was so engrossed in reading at into his bag, closing the Musica. It seemed as if the boy thought he was sleeping and was trying to escape. Jongin smirked. Just when that boy had his back turned away from Jongin, he quickly rose up from his feet, ignoring how numb they were from being squashed under his weight for so long and grabbed that boy’s wrist. However, that shocked the shorter one terribly as he released his bag he was holding in his hands, turning around with his circular eyes, filled with fear and distrust. “Pl-please don’t hurt me mister!”

Jongin didn’t know why but he did what he imagined.

He embraced that boy and he felt so complete, like the only thing he needed to do in life was to meet and interact with him. His heart was beating very quickly and he didn’t know why, but he somehow wanted it to be audible for the shorter boy, who was still in shock in his arms.

Finally finding himself being a creep, he immediately released his grip and backed away to see the boy’s lips pursed cutely, as if he wanted to say something but instead he broke out in tears.

Jongin panicked and did not know what to do so he quickly patted his head and the boy continued to sob, wetting Jongin’s blazer but he couldn’t really care. After a few minutes of comforting, the boy smiled, and fear replaced by gratitude and hopefully, love, in his eyes. “Th-that’s the nicest thing a stranger ever did t-to me...” The boy mumbled quietly to himself, though Jongin was very sure it was meant for him to hear too. Suddenly, those fragile and beautiful fingers Jongin admired previously appeared in front of him and the boy looked away, his face tinted with a reddish pink. “I-I’m Kyungsoo. D-Do Kyungsoo…”

Kyungsoo, Jongin thought, I like- no, love that name.

“Hi Kyungsoo,” Jongin loved how Kyungsoo’s name rolled so fluidly in his tongue he wouldn’t mind repeating it another five times. “I’m Kim Jongin.”

 

 

Numbers were exchanged and Jongin found out that the books Kyungsoo were reading every time were indeed about Earth from the past. Where all festivals such as-

“- Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Easter Day, Thanksgiving, so many festivals I want to celebrate,” Kyungsoo cheered as he walked side by side with Jongin smiling and listening attentively. “Especially Christmas! They say a fat old man with a long white beard gives kids toys if they are nice! And then there’s snow which is like ice, but mashed and it falls from the sky! People would decorate their house with lights and there was a Christmas tree in every household!”

Jongin heard from Kyungsoo that the reason why people ostracized him was because they thought he was a very weird kid who was obsessed with things from the past that ceased to exist. Also, Kyungsoo knew that he’s absolutely uncontrollable when he started talking about these things and people would avoid him but Jongin did not mind at all. Instead, it made him very happy to see Kyungsoo getting so excited and jubilant, bouncing on his feet every time a topic from the past was raised.

The way his eyes would always brighten and sparkle with jubilee, his heart-shaped lips curved into crescents, pure bliss drawn across his face – Jongin knew he was very deep in love.

Kyungsoo’s obsessed with Christmas. Jongin’s obsessed with Kyungsoo.

 

 

“Who’s this short little cutesy?” Baekhyun, the eyeliner guy whom Jongin got to know the name from Chanyeol (who’s short too /shakemyhead/), asked when Jongin gathered enough courage to invite or persuade Kyungsoo to join them for lunch. Apparently Chanyeol succeeded in getting into his pants. So unfair.

Kyungsoo, who seemed confused by how Baekhyun’s staring at him with his intense eyes, sidestepped slowly to hide behind Jongin. Jongin kept his blush.

“He’s Kyungsoo, some guy I met in the library.” Kai replied, pushing Kyungsoo out to let them have a good look.

“Kyungsoo? Isn’t he the weird guy in the library everyone’s talking about?” Chanyeol blurted and by the way Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with teary eyes, Jongin wanted to throw his best friend into a giant car shredder machine.

“Yah Chanyeol, you’re weird too! You’re obsessed with all those gadgets.” Baekhyun scolded Chanyeol and Jongin gave 50 points to Baekhyun even though he still looked menacing to his Kyungsoo. His Kyungsoo. Jongin loved the sound of that.

“Sorry Baekkie~” Chanyeol apologized and hugged the waist of Baekhyun like a clingy koala and Baekhyun sighed.

“Just why did my heart betray me?”

Jongin wanted to know the answer for himself, too.

 

 

Days passed and Baekhyun bonded more with Kyungsoo, finding him cute and irresistible. Whenever the both of them started chatting, Chanyeol and Jongin would watch with jealousy, with Chanyeol immediately pulling the eyeliner guy somewhere in the school, away from Kyungsoo.

“Does Chanyeol hate me?” Kyungsoo suddenly questioned when the two of them were alone and Jongin had to break his trance to answer his question.

“He’s just jealous. Don’t worry about him okay?” Jongin smiled that charming smile of his and Kyungsoo took a second before grinning, going back to his book. Suddenly, his head shot up.

“So they are partners now? Like, a couple?” Kyungsoo asked, leaning so close to Jongin who was in front of him and it was getting uncomfortable for the younger one.

“Y-yeah.”

“If only Valentine’s Day still exists,” Kyungsoo pouted, laying his head onto the table. “Though I think their babies would be very adorable!”

“God what if the babies grow up to be little Chanyeols and Baekhyuns? The world will fall apart.” Jongin joked and Kyungsoo laughed along, his book dropping onto the floor.

“Well, technology not only gave males the ability to conceive babies, but also destroy the world.” Kyungsoo muttered softly and Jongin was shocked he could actually joke like this. Seeing Jongin’s reaction, Kyungsoo quickly apologized. “Oh my god I’m sorry I shouldn’t say that about your friends! Your friends are very nice people they won’t destroy the world with their bab-“

“It’s okay hyung. It’s just that, I’m surprised you’re so comfortable with me to the point where you can actually joke.”

Kyungsoo’s cheeks reddened and he looked down onto his lap. “…Is that bad? I-I can change! If you’re uncomfortable with me its fine I understand!”

“God hyung, it’s really okay.” Jongin patted his head albeit too affectionately in the younger’s opinion so he retracted his hand a little, Kyungsoo smiling that enchanting smile of his again.

 

 

“Jongin look!” Kyungsoo pointed to a photo frame in an antique shop which Jongin agreed to follow and the elder pulled him closer to the glass window. There, in display, was a picture of a house covered in Christmas lights and snow, a snowman and Christmas tree in the yard. But Jongin didn’t really know what was that so he ended up looking at it, puzzled. “It’s a picture of Christmas!”

“The day where a fat old man gives toys?” Kai asked, proud that he could still remember it even though he did not have any passion for such things. Maybe it was because of Kyungsoo?

Kyungsoo nodded eagerly and they sprung into the shop, Kyungsoo’s hands on Jongin’s wrist and the younger fought back a grin because he swore he could see rainbows decorating the walls of the shop.  “Jongin look at this!”

Jongin turned his head to a spherical object that Kyungsoo was pointing at and watched as the shorter one took it in his hands, gazing at it like a little boy who got his gadget for the first time. He observed the object carefully through the transparent surface, eyes focusing on the white flaky things inside that were faliing so slowly and gracefully down. At the bottom, there were 3 balls of white stacked on top of each other, the highest one with what seemed like a happy face on it. “It’s a snow globe Jongin!”

Jongin watched amusedly as Kyungsoo held the globe, jumping up and down happily before stopping to see the fake snow drifting southwards again. Kyungsoo had the joy of his life until, though, his hand slipped and the globe fell onto the floor, the shattered pieces strewn across the floor. Kyungsoo looked horribly stunned and before he or Jongin knew it, he started bawling in tears. “J-Jongin.. I-I broke I-“

“Hey you! Did you break the last snow globe ever?” A woman in her forties, Jongin presumed, came down on an escalator and trotted her way towards the sobbing boy. Her face was scrunched in fury and Jongin didn’t like it at all. “How dare you! Now pay up for the things you have broken and now get out!”

Kyungsoo sniffed a little and took out some notes from his pocket. The owner of the shop counted the number of notes and her lips twisted. “That’s not enough.”

“B-But that’s the price written…” Kyungsoo mumbled, very afraid of the menacing lady in front of her as his hands shook uncontrollably.

“But you broke it and you have to pay up for your respon-“

“Shut up you .” Jongin snapped because he couldn’t bear to see Kyungsoo getting bullied anymore. They were obviously playing on his naivety and Jongin wanted to protect him forever, away from all those bad people.

“Wh-what?! HOW DARE YO-“

Jongin held Kyungsoo’s hands and leapt away from the antique shop, which both were sure their pictures were hanged under the blacklist of the shop.

 

 

“I’m excited.” Kyungsoo muttered out softly as he and Jongin sat next to each other at the front of the former’s house. Jongin volunteered to drive his crush home with his flying car since it was already late in the night and Kyungsoo’s safety was his priority right now. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were spending time with Jongin as he and Chanyeol were continuing on their science experiment in the library. Jongin liked it.

“Excited for?” the younger asked and he watched Kyungsoo dig out a digital calendar from his bag.

“This!!” Kyungsoo shouted in excitement and Jongin giggled at his response, paying attention to the circled date.

“25th December? It’s only November, hyung. What’s that day?” Jongin asked and Kyungsoo grinned, digging out a bunch of old cards that Jongin thought were extinct. “Cards? People use screens and emails now.”

Jongin should have known about Kyungsoo’s obsession in ancient objects but nonetheless, he took one of the card and saw the word ‘Merry Christmas’ and it dawned upon him like a heavy boulder.

“If only it still snows.”

Jongin had an inspiration for his science experiment all of a sudden.

 “Will you celebrate Christmas with me, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked, suddenly leaning his head onto his shoulder as he yawned. “I’ve been celebrating it alone, well maybe with D.O and my family, but ever since I know you, I want to spend this favourite day of mine with you.” He said sleepily.

Jongin smiled and with a sigh, he whispered ‘yes’ and he just admired how Kyungsoo fell asleep so easily, his face so peaceful and beautiful and he graced his palm across his cheeks slowly.

“I’ll make it snow, for you.”

 

 

“Jongin it is impossible to make an android within a month.” Chanyeol complained as they were in Chanyeol’s house for the science project. “Need I remind you that the deadline’s at the end of this year and making an android takes at least 2 months.”

“I know, but I want to make one!” Jongin whined, rolling around his best friend’s bed.

“But this concerns our grades!” Chanyeol argued back, throwing a pillow at Jongin. The younger sighed. He researched a lot already on snow machines or even weather-changing machines but apparently they failed. Maybe a humanoid or an android could help? But still, the complexity in their construction, making sure they do not go around on a rampage and shooting lasers at random strangers was a lot of work. But to make someone happy, it was worth it.

Throughout the research, he only pondered twice whether making an android-snow-machine was a good decision but whenever he imagined Kyungsoo’s bubbly face, his eyes lighting up at the sight of snow, it was all enough.

“…. We can split up if you wan-“

“No!! We are best friends forever and we stick together!” Chanyeol persisted and Jongin groaned in frustration.

“But I’m really bent on making an android okay? Nothing’s going to change your mind like how super hard it was to convince Baekhyun that cockroaches still exists-“

“Those pesky pests are ing powerful. How do they even manage to survive the mass extinctions and the Great Warming-“

“-so, I’m sorry, Channie.” Jongin imitated how Baekhyun would always purr at Chanyeol whenever the taller wore something nice and attractive. Chanyeol giggled and patted Jongin’s head.

“If that’s the case, fine. Goodluck, Jongin!” Chanyeol smiled heartily, finding another partner to do his project with.

Jongin wanted to too, but he’s going to drag everyone down therefore he went solo.

 

 

Kyungsoo hated it.

He hated how Jongin treated him like a treasure (like how he treasured the snow globe he accidentally broke) and suddenly left him in a lurch.

He hated how he always felt torn between gratitude and love and right now he wanted to feel the former because ever since Jongin avoided him, his heart had been hurting and it hurts more than the insults hurled at him.

It all started the day Jongin started on his project which only Chanyeol knew. It also started a few days after Kyungsoo fell asleep on Jongin’s shoulder.

Kyungsoo knew he’s going to invent or create something for his science project but he did not know what Jongin’s going to make and whenever that question was asked, Jongin would quickly change the subject or reply with a “just something stupid”. It didn’t quell his curiosity but instead cultivated it. Kyungsoo wanted to know, as if he was obliged to.

It came to a point where Kyungsoo thought Jongin was avoiding him on purpose and that thought alone killed his heart. He did not know why but suddenly there was a hole in his heart. He started to miss his presence and even currently, Jongin’s avoiding lunch with Chanyeol and Baekhyun because he knew Kyungsoo would be there. Kyungsoo didn’t remember doing anything wrong. And then it dawned upon him that most probably Jongin was sick and tired of him being horribly annoying and too enthusiastic on ancient things.

Kyungsoo stared at the card he bought from another antique shop and read the content that he already wrote.

Hey Jonginnie! ^^

Thanks for always being there for me and so nice to me. I’m so sorry I don’t know how to repay you ><

Merry Christmas and may this friendship last forever! <3

He wanted to throw it into a trash can because Jongin’s avoiding him and most probably forgot about 25th December. But also, as he repeated his reading, he realized the contents weren’t what he was feeling right now so after a few edits, it became more of a love confession card.

Kyungsoo still kept it because deep inside, he believed maybe Jongin wanted to give him a surprise because he loved him. Like how he believed it will eventually snow.

 

 

It was the day of Christmas and Jongin’s very exhausted after fixing the screws here and there. Everything had to be done by Christmas but he was too afraid to see his clock. He knew androids did not have to look very alike to humans but Jongin wanted this to be Christmas present for Kyungsoo. He wanted to make sure his android was the best looking and most humane among the other machines and therefore he even went further to style its hair and copied its face from previous idols in the past.

He researched on how to make snow but all he got were very brief descriptions. The instructions were very vague and Jongin felt terribly upset. Even though Jongin finally knew how the machines worked to produce some weather changing effect, it will never work. Weather changing was impossible with the fear of the android exploding because it was too complex for it to read. Also, machines alone could not activate the system therefore an android was the only possible way to activate the machines. Then it clicked in Jongin’s head.

Why not make the android have a mentality of a human, too? A… humanoid.

He opened his eBook and found out there were actually many androids with a mentality of a human but they were all used as substitutes for someone they missed, never for utility purposes.

Jongin gave his first smile after for so long. A human mind for the android to activate the machines inside its body.

Jongin could only hope for the best and quickly headed out to buy a Heart, an object that once inserted into a machine allows it to become 99% human. The Heart was expensive and most probably the most complicated invention by humans but Jongin was very desperate and he quickly withdrew almost all of his savings from a course of ten years and thankfully he had just enough to buy it.

When he reached behind his house, where the inanimate android was lying on a surgery table, he opened its chest and inserted the costly object. He then closed the opening at its chest and the humanoid started to glow white; its white metallic skin morphed into a human’s blood-rushing one, the Harrt at the middle of his chest glowing blue from inside. Jongin watched in marvel at his creation and then it dawned upon him when his eyes reached the lower part of the machine that his invention is a male human-type and therefore it had human parts and his android was .

“GOD WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT MY JUNK?!”

Jongin jumped when the android quickly covered his crotch, screaming and kicking Jongin as he quickly grabbed a rag to cover himself. “Holy you look like a human!”

“Well holy to your brain because human-type androids are made to be humans.”

Jongin probably ignored his android because he’s annoying and maybe y like Baekhyun and he knew he created a ‘monster’. As he ignored, he reached for his phone in his pocket but he could not find it anywhere.

He switched on his digital clock since he was done with the android. Within seconds, screens popped out and numbers appeared in front of him. With twisted fingers, he hoped it was before Christmas.

It was 25th December.

“Crap! I’m supposed to meet Kyungsoo!”

 

 

Kyungsoo may or may not have stalked Jongin.

He had absolutely no clue on what the hell he was trying to make and it sort of forced him to follow his tracks.

One day, he saw Jongin pulling out notes from his wallet and a huge bluish bulky object was transferred to his hand and Jongin inspected it very closely.

Kyungsoo may be obsessed with ancient things, but he wasn’t behind modern things. Jongin was making an android.

His suspicions were confirmed too when Chanyeol were talking to Baekhyun about how Jongin split up with him so that his results would not be affected. Why didn’t Jongin tell him?

Kyungsoo went to the library and for the first time he did not read about ancient and old stuffs. Instead, he read about humanoids and androids and he immediately felt like he was punched in the chest.

In history, humanoids and androids were made to be used as substitutes for people they missed or simply for pleasure and love.

It still did not make any sense even though it hurt deep in his heart that Kyungsoo lost to an android. He was not even worth a fake human.

Jongin’s not going to love him and he should most probably forget about it.  

Kyungsoo stared at the confession card and his heart tore. He then crumpled it up and was about to dispose it but then he knew he still had to reveal his feelings to Jongin. Hidden feelings hurt the most.

 

 

It was 25th December and Kyungsoo looked around, disappointed that one of the greatest festivals in history disappeared just like that. No beautiful lights or decorations dotted across the streets. It was very dull.

He was also disappointed that Jongin did not even reply any messages that he sent. Jongin was late and he was either running away from Kyungsoo, or spending time with the android.

But shouldn’t he have the tiniest decency to at least reply once for every ten messages sent?

Clutching to the card covered with wrinkles, he sighed.

Jongin wouldn’t come. He glanced at his card and he made his final decision. It was today or never.

With heavy footsteps, he walked alone towards Jongin’s house, gripping onto the card tightly.

He’s been to his house before to spend free time. He was about to knock on the door when he heard metals clinking against one another and curiously, he approached towards the source of the noise.

There Jongin was, screwing the knobs of the humanoid.  Kyungsoo wanted to just drop a nuclear bomb because Jongin was indeed spending time with the android. Kyungsoo felt his self-esteem vaporized into thin air when he noticed that the android was very beautiful. Suddenly, a sound was heard and Kyungsoo watched carefully as the android glowed white and it became a cloth less human. Thankfully the humanoid had some shame and quickly covered himself but Kyungsoo still couldn’t accept the fact that Jongin kept staring at the android with either lust or amazement. Either ways pained him.

Kyungsoo continued observing as the two of them conversed and he missed deeply how they themselves talked.

Jongin suddenly mumbled something to himself as he searched his pocket and screens popped out and the day’s date and time appeared in front of him. He then heard his name being called and Jongin quickly held the android’s hands and Kyungsoo was too shocked and depressed because Jongin did not even hold his hands the first time they met. The android was something special literally and metaphorically.

Everything happened too fast as Jongin dragged the android, Kyungsoo still in a shocked state that he did not know the younger saw him and stopped walking. “H-Hyung?!”

Why the hell did Jongin sound so surprised? With unknown courage most probably accumulated by weeks of frustration, the fact that Jongin actually tried to remove him from his life and he didn’t care about Christmas, he threw the crumpled card he was holding onto the whole time at Jongin’s face. And with that, Kyungsoo scurried off, tears pouring down his cheeks.

Confused, Jongin removed his hand from the android and picked up the card to see it all wrinkled and crumpled with an entire sentence cancelled.

Hey Jonginnie! ….

Thanks for always being there for me. and so nice to me. I’m so sorry I don’t know how to repay you >< But I wanted to tell you that ever since you introduced yourself to me, I felt an indescribable feeling that I’ve never felt. Sure, I thought it was gratitude since I did not have any friends, but as you started to ignore and maybe… avoid me(?), my heart hurts so much and I hate you so much but then  I realised… I like love you…

You’re so charming and I know I’m creepy and this letter is creepy and most probably I would never receive back your love but still, I just want to portray my feelings to you.

I was born with no guts and therefore this card was the only way. If this card made you feel uncomfortable, I really wouldn’t mind because I don’t see any good point about me.  Thanks for spending time with me and my outbursts of random and stupid obsessions though! ^^

Merry Christmas! and may this friendship last forever! <3

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin called out but the shorter boy was already gone. Everything fell apart and he was so stupid. If he had known, he wouldn’t place so much attention on making an android.

Sure, he succeeded in making one less than two months, but there wasn’t any point anymore.

“Don’t give up, useless human,” the humanoid suddenly spoke. Jongin jumped and turned around to see him with clothes on. “Luhan the humanoid hates giving up.”

“Just because you look like Luhan doesn’t mean you-“

“Shush and bring me to your emotional crybaby.”

“I don’t know where the hell he is!”

“STUPID PIECE OF ROCK!” Both of them heard an incoherent wail afterwards and it seemed Kyungsoo tripped over a rock.

 

 

Cursing a piece of rock was not going to make Kyungsoo feel any better as the boy winced when he moved his hands. Upon closer look, he saw blood streaming down and everything broke down.

He was useless and weird and now clumsy. “Why does my life so much?!” Kyungsoo kept on crying and suddenly he felt two figures standing in front of him and it was Jongin and the android. Expected. Upon instinct, Kyungsoo quickly got up because he remembered about that embarrassing card and he rather not know the answer than to face rejection.

“Do Kyungsoo.” Jongin quickly voiced and grabbed his wrist very tightly.

“Let go!” Kyungsoo’s face was red and wet and he looked like a fool right now. “Just go with your android and leave me alon-“

The shorter one immediately shut his mouth when Jongin’s warm lips pressed against his. It felt so perfect like they were matchmade in heaven. Kyungsoo’s lips were soft as he always imagined and Jongin was feeling ecstatic because he finally had balls to kiss Kyungsoo.

However, Kyungsoo quickly pushed himself away and started crying again. “Stop hurting me… I’m not good enough for you… Y-you can’t date two people at once..”

“I only want to date you.” Jongin affirmed it as he stared lovingly into Kyungsoo’s eyes, hoping the elder would receive it. “I-I…. why would I even bother to introduce myself to you?”

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes and sniffed. “Because you pity me but I’m too weird for you therefore yo-“

“You captured my heart, hyung.” Kyungsoo blinked cutely again, dazing off as he tried to comprehend everything again. Seeing this, Jongin quickly continued himself. “I don’t know why but ever since I saw you reading those books alone in the library, I instantly knew you were special,” Kyungsoo’s eyes started to water again and he looked away but Jongin moved his hands to the sides of his head. Jongin wanted the elder to hear everything. “Special not because you’re obsessed, but special because you love things that people don’t anymore. You treasure so many things and you’re just so beautiful, hyung. I want to see your eyes sparkle whenever you talk about them. I want to hear that joyful laughter from you. I want to see your lips. Did I ever tell you how it looks like a heart?”

Kyungsoo shook his head and Jongin giggled, before continuing. “Not only that, but because you are the only one that captured my heart. That, is already very special to me. You are special to me. If they say being obsessed with Christmas is bad, they have to try being obsessed with you. Every day I had to resist the urge to just grab you and hug you and kiss you all over your adorable face but I can’t because I never knew your feelings for me. I don’t want to scare you and make you leave me. The day I met you, was the best day of my li-”

Jongin had to edit his sentence because Kyungsoo immediately grabbed his face and placed his pink lips onto Jongin’s. The younger smiled in the kiss as they lingered like this for around a minute, eyes closed and ignoring everything that was happening around them. Just enjoy the peace and serenity from each other’s presence.Except the fact that Kyungsoo felt cold piercing the back of his hand and he jolted a little and opened his eyes.

And Kyungsoo should stop crying because the moment he saw snow falling down so slowly and peacefully in his own eyes, they got wet and he screamed “It’s snow!” where Jongin was amazed by how beautiful it looked.

He had seen photos of it by Kyungsoo but he never had it thought that it would be so pretty. It was remarkable. Despite the cold air brushing against their skin, they couldn’t care and admired the small white dots descending gracefully and the view was simply stunning.

“Jongin! It..i-it’s snowing!” Jongin missed that happy tone, the sparkly eyes and joyful laughter. The ground below them quickly grew white and Kyungsoo was trying to catch as much snowflakes as he could when he saw the humanoid smirking at him.

“This," The humanoid pointed at the white ground, "is what you humans cannot do.” Luhan annouced with arrogance painting his voice and Kyungsoo was confused like was he Santa Claus because it seemed like only Kyungsoo would care about snow and the humanoid was just created. Then it hit him like a wrecking ball when he remembered Jongin created him and he immediately turned towards Jongin whom was trying his best to craft a snowball but his bare hands weren’t designed for cold icy stuffs.

The snow on the ground was very intriguing for Jongin but he wanted to touch it, to know how mashed ice from the skies felt like. He was trying to make a ball while standing but his fingers were freezing with snow plopping down every second and suddenly, he felt arms hugging his waist from the back and suddenly he felt so embarrassed.

He didn’t realize how everything he had done for Kyungsoo was so cheesy and he still remembered his own confession and it was so weird and his words were mushy and his face grew red instantly.

“Kim Jongin, explain the android, please.” Kyungsoo mumbled against Jongin’s back, though it was getting cold due to the snow piling very little by little.

“I-I..” Jongin was stumped for words because he still couldn’t get over the fact that he could get so romantic and Kyungsoo’s still hugging him. “I.. I know y-you lo-love snow and Christmas s-so I made an android- Stop laughing!”

“You’re so cute when you’re stuttering!” Kyungsoo teased and turned Jongin around. “Continue please~”

“Well… then I-I had t-to focus on finishing the android b-because Christmas was arriving and I lost my phone and I-“

“It’s getting cold, Jongin. Let’s head in in your house okay?” Kyungsoo removed his lips from Jongin again with a blush and the both of them quickly headed into shelter, not before linking their icy fingers together. 

As they reached the door, Jongin stole another peck before smiling like a kid, "Merry Christmas, hyung."

 

 

 

“Wow leave your benefactor to endure the cold. Mind you, I’m almost human I FEEL COLD TOO.”

 

 

“Sehun, stop staring at that humanoid.” Chanyeol complained when Sehun dragged his project partner along.

It all started when Jongin brought the humanoid to school to submit his project when Chanyeol and Sehun were a floor above them and he was stunned when Luhan smiled so sweetly, his eyes glowing as he shot out lasers into the sky from his palm, and snow started falling.

The whole campus was amazed by the cold particles but Sehun was amazed by the humanoid’s beauty.

“Yeah stop staring at me.” Sehun almost had an heart attack when Luhan appeared in front of him with Jongin and Kyungsoo having sweet talks, flirting with each other and kissing so occasionally behind the android. “You know, I’m sick and tired of the fact that they always get so intimate while as their android I’m obliged to follow Jongin and you know how disgusting it is to see them getting all cutesy it’s terrifying. Therefore, can you ask Jongin to change you as my master because I’m very sure you won’t treat me like a snow-producing crap.”

“HEY LUHAN I DON’T TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP. I TREATED YOU MEALS BECAUSE I’M NOT AN UNGRATEFUL PERSON.”

“Nobody asked for your opinion so just continue making out and holy that eyeliner guy just dragged your project partner away.”  

 

====

I LIED CHRISTMAS IS OVER BUT.... TAKE THIS AS A BELATED CHRISTMAS PRESENT? Orz