1

Sparks Fly

"Well fine then, I'll watch it alone." Sehun tries his best to make Jongin feel as guilty as possible. What kind of a friend forgets about a weekly routine they've been doing since forever? Jongin apologizes for the umpteenth time, even volunteering to buy the tickets and popcorn for next week's movie. Sehun grunts in response and simply hangs up. Now what? He has an extra ticket and also an extra popcorn coupon. Watching a movie alone couldn't possibly be so bad right? , he thinks inwardly, chewing on his lower lip. He's on the way to the cinema, scuffing his feet boyishly. It was a Christmas movie and they were supposed to watch it together but Jongin just had to accompany Chanyeol to buy Christmas gifts. 

 

"This is like the only time I get to spend a day with him..." Sehun recalls Jongin's incessant pleading when he called just now.

 

"Hate to break it up to you but you guys do go to the same school are in the same basket ball team," Sehun deadpans, making Jongin groan over the phone.

 

Dumb lover boy, he mutters under his breath. And since he wasn't looking, he accidentally knocks into someone, forehead colliding with the back of the stranger's head. 

 

"Ow, what even-" The stranger's hand immediately shoots up to rub at the sore spot and he turns around and Sehun's mouth goes dry. He has piercings, sehun notices, on both ears, black studs on his earlobes and silver rings on the helix of his right ear. He has dark eyes that drive Sehun into a stupor. His lips were pressed into a thin line and Sehun wonders what his smile looks like. 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't looking." Sehun snaps out of his daze and bows apologetically. The stranger's grimace slowly changes into a small grin. Gums. His smile was full of gums, Sehun takes a quick note.

 

"It's fine," he runs a hand through his hair and Sehun wonders how those blonde locks would feel in between his fingers but the thought left his mind as soon as it came crashing in.

 

"Actually, I'm kinda lost. I'm not from around here, only here to spend my Christmas break. I'm trying to get to the cinema but I really can't find it." Hie pouts and his brows furrow in frustration and Sehun laughs a little. His pout slowly dissipates into a full grin when he realizes how stupid he probably sounds.

 

"I'm sorta heading there too, wanna go together? I'm Sehun by the way." Sehun extends his hand and the stranger shakes it firmly. Sehun wills for his heartbeat to slow down from the fleeting touch. 

 

"I'm Wufan. Alright, lead the way please your majesty?" He playfully curtsies and Sehun's laughing again. 

 

His heart beat never did slow down.

 

-

 

"What movie are you watching?" Wufan asks as they entered the cinema. 

 

"The Nutcracker." Sehun replies and Wufan nods. 

 

"Are you watching alone?" He asks again and Sehun shrugs. 

 

"I guess so, my friend ditched me for his crush. What a loser." Wufan's laughing and Sehun loses himself to the crinkles of his eyes and his wide mouth. Sehun suddenly remembers about the extra ticket. 

 

"Hey actually I have an extra ticket, do you want to watch with me or something? Uhm, I mean if you want to? Not forcing you or anything!" Sehun laughs nervously when he realizes how desperate he sounds. Wufan must think of him as a try-hard or something. He scratches the back of his neck and fidgets on the spot. 

 

Wufan smiles and Sehun's getting giddy.

 

"Of course, Sehun. Let me get the popcorn." He replies and turns to the snack bar. Sehun's grin is so wide as he relishes in the way his name rolls off the other's tongue. He runs after Wufan when he recalls the popcorn coupon he has in his pocket.

 

-

 

Sehun thinks this is a bad idea. Wufan is a complete stranger. He had just watched a movie with a complete stranger. Well okay perhaps an acquaintance. But other than his race and his age, Sehun doesn't know much about him and is rather reluctant to press on. It tickles him though, how comfortable he is with Wufan and how easily they can converse with each other. They just seem to click. The fact that Wufan doesn't even look a slight bit dubious, made him happy too. 

 

"Hey, thanks for the movie!" Wufan has an arm around his shoulder, giving it a warm squeeze. Sehun can only smile in response. Is this goodbye? I don't want it to be though, he bites his lower lip out of habit when he's feeling disquieted. 

 

"I'm starving. Do you know of any places selling good food?" Wufan looks at him hopefully, rubbing his belly. Ah, he's driving me up the wall, Sehun thinks.

 

"There are a couple of restaurants in the mall. But the waffle place sells amazing waffles." He replies with a thumbs up to emphasize his point. 

 

Wufan chuckles and Sehun's focused on the way his Adam apple bobs. He shakes his head quickly, willing for the image to go away.

 

"I guess this is goodbye?" Sehun asks timidly, eyes fixed to the ground. 

 

"Who's gonna get me to waffle place then?" Sehun swears he sees Wufan pout. 

 

"The mall is right there! And there's a directory too..." He points to the building in front of them. 

 

"But I want you to come with me though. Please?" Wufan's grabbing his arm, effectively dragging him to the mall with him. That leaves him with no choice. Right? 

 

-

 

They were in a heated squabble about waffle toppings when Sehun spots a familiar figure. Kim freaking Jongin.

He wants to turn back and sprint off, leaving Wufan to eat waffles alone but suddenly, Wufan's holding on to his hand. 

 

"Park Chanyeol?" He hollers loud and clear, causing a few people to turn their heads. Huh? Wufan knows Chanyeol? Sehun has no time to think as he's being tugged by Wufan to the other direction. 

 

"Wufan!" Chanyeol yells equally loud and Sehun wants to disappear into thin air just to avoid the scrutinizing gazes of random shoppers. Jongin has one eyebrow raised in confusion when Wufan practically runs up to them, Sehun in tow. 

 

After a while of explaining, it turns out that Chanyeol as Wufan were cousins. Sehun's still having difficulty digesting it all but he enjoys the pained expression on Jongin's face when Chanyeol suggests they should all eat together. They sit at a small table, Jongin directly in front of him and Wufan beside him. While Chanyeol and Jongin have their heads close together, both picking something from the menu, Wufan taps him on the shoulder. 

 

"Hey does this mean Jongin's the friend that ditched you for his crush?" His breath tickles Sehun's ear. Wufan pulls back, a smug smile on his face. Sehun clears his throat and nods. 

 

"They do look good together though, I mean look!" He leans in to whisper again and this time when Sehun looks up, he smiles. They really do. Chanyeol's resting his head on Jongin's shoulder as they continue to pick something from the menu. Sehun wants to point out the color of jongin's cheeks but he would have to pass this time. 

 

"So, Kris when are you going back to Canada?" Chanyeol asks, chomping on his blueberry waffles. Canada? Sehun hopes the disappointment in his eyes isn't too obvious.

 

"I hope never." Wufan laughs, picking at his waffles with a fork.

 

“You don’t even like Canada, your parents should’ve taken me instead!” Chanyeol laughs, slapping his knee. Sehun doesn’t think its funny though, and shoots a bewildered look to Jongin who mouths the word “same” in return.

 

“Yeah and my parents would’ve have a huge fit because you’re probably one of the worst nephews they have.”

 

“Yah! I’m the only nephew they have okay,”

 

“Exactly.”

 

Despite Chanyeol’s excessive whining, everyone continued to have a good time. Wufan was really funny and witty and Sehun feels himself falling a little deeper with every tiny brush of the arms and with every laugh then comes out from Wufan’s mouth.

 

Jongin and Chanyeol ordered a strawberry smoothie and Jongin insists that they have separate straws. But it sorta defeats the purpose when Chanyeol drinks with the two straws in his mouth. 

 

"Chanyeol that's uncivilized." Jongin smacks him on the arm and chanyeol laughs. Sehun spots the tinge of pink on Jongin's cheeks when he drinks from his straw.

 

 

An hour later everyone's bidding their goodbyes and Sehun gives Jongin a wink when Chanyeol offers him a ride home. 

 

"Hey, let me walk you home." Wufan offers and Sehun really wants to say no but his head failed him, giving the other a small nod. 

 

To get to Sehun's apartment they would have to jaywalk. Sehun's an expert at this as he does it on a daily basis. He was about to cross when he feels Wufan entangling their fingers together. Sehun wants to scream in joy because oh god, an attractive chinese male is holding his hand. He raises their hands and smiles.

 

"Back in Canada, everyone holds hands when crossing roads just to be safe." Wufan explains with a dorky grin. Sehun's smile flickers a little but he proceeds anyway. 

 

After crossing the road, Wufan didn't let go of his hand and who's Sehun to complain? 

 

"Here's okay, thanks for walking me home." Sehun looks at the apartment in front of them. He reluctantly pulls his hand away from Wufan's warm grip. He ignores the buzz it left behind. Sehun turns his back, ready to enter the building when he feels Wufan grab his arm. Sehun eyes Wufan's grip on his elbow and the other promptly releases. 

He runs a hand through his hair and Sehun wants to caress those locks more than before now.

 

"Um Sehun, I really want to see you again. I want to get to know you better. Well the reason is because um -” Sehun presses his lips against the taller male’s.

 

"You like me? Well I like you too..." Sehun sees Wufan's smile stretch so wide and he pulls the boy in for a hug. Sehun pulls away after realizing one horrifying fact. 

 

"But... You'll be leaving for Canada later? What if I don't get to see you again." Sehun asks softly, almost afraid for the answer.

 

"Truth is, I'll be moving in with Chanyeol this Christmas. He doesn't know. Well it's supposed to be a surprise anyway. So I'm never going back there again. Don't worry." Wufan envelops him in another hug and ruffles his hair affectionately.

Sehun has never felt so happy before, his heart's going to spontaneously combust.

 

"Oh and by the way... We don't really do that in Canada." Wufan has this sheepish grin on his face and Sehun wants to punch it off.

 

"Knew it. You little flirt."

 

 

 

 

A/N: a ty christmas fic but oh well recently had the krishun feels and just had to ^o^