final

Sweet Christmas

Yoonji sighed, rubbing her arms to protect herself from the cold.

It was Christmas evening, and her boyfriend couldn’t make it. She was hoping they’d celebrate Christmas together, but she couldn’t do anything if he was busy. Her boyfriend was an idol, after all. What idol wouldn’t be busy in Christmas?

Yoonji looked out the window, drinking her hot cocoa. It was lonely without company. It was even sadder without Kai by her side.

She found kids playing with the snow outside and families huddling up for the fireworks. The couples were cuddling and sitting on the grasses of Han River. How she wished she wasn’t alone.

Yoonji slightly pouted, glancing at her phone every now and then.

He could have at least told her he was sorry or something. Anything would do, if it were just to assure her. You’re one bad man, Kim Jongin. Her pout deepened. She looked like a silly, rejected woman who was yearning for someone –- which was exactly her scenario at the moment.

He should have at least messaged. She thought sourly.

Ding Dong!

Her eyes widened in surprise. She wasn’t expecting anyone at her doorstep, not at this time anyway.

She walked towards the door carefully. She looked in the hole and found a guy. “Who’s there?” her voice trembled. She couldn’t help but think someone was about to break into her house, or worse; abduct her.

The guy didn’t reply.

Every second was nerve-wrecking. What was the guy planning to do?

“Delivery.” A deep voice emerged from the guy. Her heart was eased. It wasn’t a criminal! But what criminal would ring her doorbell? That was stupid of her. She didn’t think that she didn’t deliver and just opened the door.

When she opened it, a gasp came from her.

“Surprise, baby!” Kai came inside, suffocating her from his embrace. It seemed that Yoonji wasn’t too eager like him, though. “Yah!” She escaped from his death hug. “I was scared! I thought you were someone else! You said you weren’t going to come! Aish! I’m so frustrated! One minute you said you were busy but the next you’re here in front of me like nothing happened!” Her lip trembled.

“Baby,” His face fell. Yoonji enveloped him into a hug. “You’re so stupid, you know? But I still love you in the end! You’re so unfair.” She cried softly. He immediately wrapped his arms around her. “I’m so sorry, Yoonji-ah. I wanted it to be a surprise. I never thought you would be angry. I’m sorry.” He rubbed her back in comfort.

She only cried on his shoulder.

After a few minutes, Yoonji finally calmed down. They sat on the couch together.

“It’s okay, Jongin. I’m sorry I was over reacting.” She apologized, guilt ridden in her face. “You had every right to be angry,” Kai smiled softly. “I’m sorry I did this to you in Christmas,” he continued. A smile made its way to her lips slowly. “It’s okay. This Christmas is memorable then, thanks to you. Merry Christmas, Jongin.” She grinned brightly.

Kai’s lips finally stretched into a big smile like hers.

“Merry Christmas, too, Yoonji-ah.”

He leaned in carefully and sweetly captured her lips with his.

word count : 537