§ Chapter 9 §

Officially Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can’t imagine myself without Baekhyun. He’s my first love and I thought the last. He wanted to be with me forever? Where are you now? Now that I needed you most

But why is it like this? You left me but I’m still hoping that you’ll come back. There’s no hatred inside me at all.

 

The door opened then Baekhyun’s parents showed up.

I wiped my tears.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I greeted.

“I’m sorry Hanzi, we thought we can find Baekhyun. We didn’t tell you because…”

“You didn’t want me to think that Baekhyun ran away from his responsibility. I know…I also don’t want to think it that way but that’s the reality. But there’s nothing for him to worry now. My baby is gone…maybe he’ll be back soon,” I forced to smile.

“It’s not like that Hanzi, it’s just…”

“Don’t worry ajumma and ahjussi…I understand. Thanks you for treating me like your real daughter. Thank you for taking care of me. My respect to you both will remain forever. Kamsahamnida but I want to be alone for now,”

I turned my head to the opposite side. Holding back my tears even just for a second is really hard. I can pretend like I’m okay but my tears can’t.

“W-We’ll go now,” I heard Mr. Byun said. The door opened then closed.

 

What will happen from now on? What am I going to do?

Should I keep waiting? Or should I start forgetting?

 

Month’s passed.

 

After three days of staying in the hospital my doctor decided to let me continue my recovery in our house. He said staying in that room can’t help me forget what happened. I thought his right but when I got home. I always stayed in my room if not leaning in the door waiting for Baekhyun.

 

“Hanzi,” Umma called.

I just looked at her.

“You’re standing here again?” Umma asked worriedly.

“I have to wait…”

“Stop it already Hanzi!” Umma gave me a hug.

“Umma,”

“I don’t want you to be like this. Please forget about Baekhyun, forget all what happen to you. Can’t you just forget everything and move on?”

 

‘I also thought I can do it. Be strong and move on, just like what he said but I know he’s lying. How can I move on? How can I forget when I always remember him with everything I do.’

 

Umma broke the hug.

“Your baby died but you’re still here. I don’t want to lose you too…please,” Umma cried.

 

I gave her a smile held her hands.

“Umma, mianhae…I know you’re worried and I’m sorry. Let’s forget what happen together,”

Umma nodded and smiled back.

 

‘Maybe umma is right. I can do it if I try’

 

“Aigoo…come here,” Appa said behind umma.

“Appa,”

He pulled me towards him, giving me the warmest hug.

“I can replaced Baekhyun…his not the right guy for my daughter. You can still find someone who’ll love you more than I do,”

“Deh,” I hugged him back.

 

‘Kamsahamnida Umma…Appa’

 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 

“Luhan,”

“Luhan!”

“Huh?” I answered Tao who is driving my car.

“You’re spacing again. Still thinking of her after a year? Come on bro, there’s bunch of girls in China and here in Korea that are dying to be with you. Why go after that girl? Forget that girl will you?” Tao looked at me once in a while since he’s driving.

“It’s not that easy and besides I’m not like you. Can you even count the girls you played with?” I teased.

“Ouch…Fine, since you’re persistent,” he laughed.

 

Believe it or not it’s really been a year since I left South Korea. I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye to Hanzi. She’s really depressed that day, her parents can’t even talk to her properly. After my 19th birthday last year my parents came out with a perfect deal. I have to work in our company in China for at least one year the after that I can do what I want with my life. Of course I love that but for me 1 year is too much. Leaving South Korean means leaving my heart behind but I have to do it…for my freedom.

And now I’m ready to get my girl back.

And yeah…I forgot to tell you that Tao is not my driver, he’s my best friend.  

 

I’m in China but that doesn’t mean I don’t have any contact with Hanzi. Not directly with her but to Mrs. Oh. I knew that Baekhyun left, he’s a jerk to give me a chance.

 

“Look out!” I exclaimed when a boy around 6 years old crossed the street.

Tao stepped on the brake, the car stopped leaving a small distance with the boy and the car’s front.

Tao and I signed in relief.

“Is he going to put us in jell?” Tao said then opened the door.

“Only you, I’m just a passenger,” I smiled.

“This is your car dude…whatever, wait for a second,” he went out the car.

The boy is pale, maybe he’s shock wait…remove the maybe. It looks like Tao is enjoying bullying the boy…sheesh…I thought he’s going to comfort him. When will you become a real man Tao?

After a while a woman approached them. She looks like…

“Hanzi?”

Remove the ‘looks like’

I went out the car immediately and walked towards them.

“Jeongmal mianhae,” Hanzi bowed 90 degrees.

“What if I hit the boy, I’m the one who’s going to take responsibility right. I’m just a tourist here you know,” Tao said angrily.

“Mian-“

“Hanzi?” I inserted.

She faced me, both of us can’t say anything and just exchange looks at each other.

Tao faked a cough to interrupt us.

“L-Luhan,” Hanzi called back.

“Hi, long time no see. It’s been a year?”

“Yeah, how’s China? My mom told me,”

“Good, how-“

“Wait, wait, wait,” Tao inserted and stood between us two.

“You’re Hanzi? Oh Hanzi?” he pointed her.

“Deh, nice meeting you,”

“So, this is your…” Tao pointed the child who’s hiding behind Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter