Budding Photographers

Budding Photographers

When Kyungsoo rolls over to turn off his husband's phone alarm, he isn't even surprised that the wallpaper is now a very close-up photo of nostrils. Their second son Chanyeol's nostrils, to be exact. Kyungsoo's actually more surprised that he can tell them apart.

Junmyeon shifts under him, mumbling something into his chest, and Kyungsoo kisses him on his forehead before flopping back to his side of the bed. The elder takes his phone to check the time and chuckles at the wallpaper choice.

"Another one for the album, huh?" He asks as he hugs Kyungsoo to himself. It's almost time for him to get out of bed for work, and he doesn't want to waste precious cuddle time.

"We already have a few photos of Yeollie's nostrils, Myeon-ah," his husband replies in an amused tone. "If it was Baek's we could keep it, we have less of those."

From the point of time that their eldest kids had figured how to unlock their phones and use the camera there had been no shortage of photos from their 'budding photographers', as Junmyeon so often liked to call them. Of course, each photo taken would be accompanied by a wallpaper change, which kept both parents very entertained. With the huge amount of photos they were amassing, both of them had decided to get them printed into a collage for their living room wall someday. All funny close-ups included.

Aside from photos of just Baekhyun and Chanyeol, there were also occasionally photos of their two younger children. 4 year-old Jongin was in a phase where he was easily upset, and would mostly be crying or chewing on his lip in his photos with Baekhyun patting him on the head. Photos of their youngest child Sehun were mostly of him holding the toys he stole from Jongin (leading to his brother's tears). Of course there were also moments of the boys cuddled up to each other, with Chanyeol's face in the foreground as the 6 year-old attempted to take a selca of them together.

To Kyungsoo, who stayed home with the kids, these were everyday sights but the same could not be said for his working husband. Hence the younger made it a point to send Junmyeon photo updates of the children throughout the day, which were answered with copious amounts of cute emojis and stickers via their Kakao chats.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol had also figured out how to use the video function, which resulted in more than a few videos of a crying Jongin on their phones. When Kyungsoo had first pressed play on a video (that he never remembered taking), onscreen-Jongin's wails had prompted their eldest to run in immediately. Kyungsoo's heart had swelled when he saw the half guilty look on Baekhyun's face - the boy might occasionally be mean to Chanyeol but Kyungsoo knew he always felt bad whenever any of his younger siblings were upset and he couldn't do anything about it. After realising it was just a video and that Jongin wasn't really crying, Baekhyun's smile returned and he had returned to playing with Sehun after giving his dad a hug.

"You say that now love, but we'll end up keeping all 5 or 6 photos of Yeollie's nose anyway," Junmyeon continues as Kyungsoo gently knees him in the side. He rubs the side of Kyungsoo's arm and his husband nuzzles further into his chest. "Too bad we can't frame up videos, I really loved that one the kids made last year. It was so cute."

"We could just get it stored for eternity on DVD with rest of their videos. Blackmail material in case Jonginnie ever decides to run away or misbehave when he grows older. Whenever he cries it's really obvious he got more of your genes." Kyungsoo giggles, and Junmyeon shuts him off with a kiss.

On their anniversary the previous year both of them had slept in, taking full advantage of the fact that Junmyeon had taken the day off to spend with his family. The children had been surprisingly quiet that morning and the weather slightly chilly; everything seemed to be perfectly in place for a morning spent curled up with each other.

They had woken to find somewhat matching wallpapers on their phones - Junmyeon's had Chanyeol and Jongin making the best attempt at a joint heart despite their height difference, while Baekhyun with little Sehun on his lap making a heart with their fingers covered Kyungsoo's screen.

Chanyeol had been especially eager that morning for them to check their phones, continuously asking if they'd seen his "annibury present".

Which turned out to be an adorable video on Junmyeon's phone with the kids (i.e Baekhyun and Chanyeol) saying "happy annibury!" in turn. (Sehun had gurgled something intelligible while Jongin pretty much just shrieked into the screen) After a group "saranghae!" Chanyeol's face filled the screen, smile wide as ever before he ended the recording.

Both of them had kissed their children silly after watching, and brought them out for ice cream after. They learnt from Baekhyun that their second son was the mastermind behind the whole thing and when they had thanked him between kisses the boy had just laughed saying "because it's appa and daddy's special day!"

"We must've saved a country in our past life to deserve our boys, Soo-ah," Junmyeon says, while untangling himself from his husband. "Or maybe they just got their sweetness from you."

"And their cheesiness from you." Kyungsoo replies. "Time to get up, I'll wake the kids for school while you wash up." He lightly nudges Junmyeon out of bed to make his point.

"One more kiss and I'll go, love. Come on. Please?"

Kyungsoo leans in to kiss the ugly pout off the other's face that he knows is there. Because as much as he loves Kim Junmyeon, there are still some things the man does that makes him feel like he wants to die. And not in a good way.

"One more?"

Kyungsoo promptly shoves his insufferable husband off the bed.

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you for getting through the fic and if you do leave a comment, thank you as well! Time to start on another fic, maybe I'll come back to this AU again bc Sudo is my love omg :3