So this is love

I Love You - One Shot

Every morning at the exact same time, I board the train and stand in my usual corner, minding my own business. No matter who or how people shoved me, I couldn't be bothered. My eyes were only on you.

The first time I saw you, you were standing by the doors, looking out of the windows with an emotionless face. You weren't upset or angry, but your eyes told me you were lonely. I became curious. I needed to know more about you.

The next day you were standing there again, but you had your earphones on. You were wearing a pink dress, and several accessories on your wrists. The best part was your fingers - you had countless rings on them. I suppose you're a ring maniac. And your fingernails, they were always shaped so evenly and painted with different colors.

Weeks past and I'm still watching you. I watched how you kept a cold expression the whole time, and you've never looked at anyone else. I guess you've yet to notice my existence.

I found out that the whole observation thing became too serious when I had to move. It meant I couldn't see you anymore. But I wanted to. I needed to.

The first day after I've shifted, I deliberately got up earlier to ride the train just to see you, but when it got to my usual station, I realized I was already late. I didn't see you that day, or the next three days. On the fifth day, I finally caught up. But my usual spot was already taken. I had to move, but this time I was closer to you.

Day 20 - I knew what your favourite colour is. You like green. Your earphones are green, and you usually wear dresses that have green in them. Most of the time you paint your nails green too. I guess I now know what a stalker is, because I'm starting to think I'm one. But I can't help it.

Day 22 - You stopped looking out of the windows. You were biting onto your lip the entire ride, and your expression was much softer. You stopped fiddling with your phone as well, and you've begun to pay attention to your surroundings.

Day 27 - You wore glasses today, and you looked exceptionally beautiful. Every two minutes you would push your glasses up and wrinkle your nose a little, and that made you so adorable. A woman boarded the train with a stroller and you peeked into it. It was the first time I saw your smile. Your eyes curved into crescents and your cheeks had dimples. I was blown away.

Day 32 - You were texting all the time, and you were smiling to yourself, sweetly. I began to wonder if what the person on the other end of the line meant to you. Was it a he? I envy him. He gets to be this close to you while I'm struggling here, convincing myself that watching you from afar is better than shattering my dreams by walking up to you.

I'm jealous. I've fallen for you unknowingly.

The next day you weren't at your usual spot. I looked around but I couldn't find you. I assumed you were late today, but the next day you weren't here either. Did you stop taking the train? Did he pick you up in his car?

I started to blame myself. I have been watching you for a month but you've never noticed me. Will I ever see you again?

Day 40 - I was still taking the train. I'm still hoping to see you. I didn't even get the chance to talk to you. I'm even starting to get irritated by the elbows in my ribs.

Day 41 - I entered the train and there you were, standing in my usual spot. Our eyes met and I felt like I was surrounded by an air of mist. It was cloudy and hazy and I couldn't see anything but you. You smiled to me. Did that mean that you've seen me at least once or twice? When it was your station to get down, you stayed on. Why? Are you going to somewhere else today? I had a stomach full of questions but all I could do was wait. Eventually it passed my station as well.

People began to get off as we soon arrived at the terminal stop. We alighted the train with me behind you. You sat down on the bench.

"Why did you take the train to the terminal if you're just going to take one to go back?" I couldn't help but ask. You looked up at me.

"Because I thought you would finally speak to me."

I stayed silent.

"Did you think I wouldn't notice it? The feeling that someone is always watching? It creeped me out at first, but when you disappeared for four days, I realized that I wanted you to be there."

I was shocked. I tried to speak but I couldn't say anything. Your voice, I've always thought about it. It's exactly how I thought it'd be like. Perfect.

"Did you think I was gone? The days you didn't see me on the train?"

I nodded. "Yes."

You smiled. "I was in the next cabin, watching you from the back. I got tired of being watched. Your back view... I liked it."

You stood up and held out your hand. "I'm Bom."

I shook your hand and I felt electricity zapping through every single nerve in my body.

"I'm Seunghyun, and I love you."

You smiled again, tears in your eyes. "Me too."


Author's Note:

I'd really want you guys to read this while listening to Ilena Woods' So This Is Love. I've already attached the URL so, hehe. It's actually one of the tracks from Cinderella, and Ilena Woods is the voice behind the princess. Of course, that's Prince Eric you hear as well.

Just so you know, I've been up almost every night reading romance mangas and really crying my heart out at some. If I were to write something romantic for you guys, I'm sure y'all would want me to make it perfect, right? I want it to be so, so depressing at some points that it makes you cry, yet I want you to smile right after you find out that it's all good again that you've yet to even wipe up your tears. Sounds twisted, I know, but it's what happens to me. I don't just read it, I feel it.

Well anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this. Good night. This took me an hour and about 30 times of So This Is Love. :)

-Mich.