Anniversary

I'm Dating Exo's Luhan

CHAPTER ONE

The moon lightens up the whole city as you look at the glass window of a Japanese Restaurant; you’re sitting at the corner table as you watch the people pass by wearing their thick jackets and hoodies. The snow is falling; the streets are filled with white colored blizzard. Its winter and the coldness of air are experienced throughout the country.

It’s been 1 year.

1 year that is full of love and dramas. You never thought being in a relationship with someone would be this difficult, there are times that you fight, you argue and you love.

Being a girlfriend of an idol is not as easy as you see it. It’s not all about sweet moments with your drop-dead-gorgeous-boyfriend, it’s not always happiness. You have to endure not seeing him when they travel or work abroad for months, you have to stay low-profile; No one must know you that is the first rule you have to obey if you want your relationship to stay long, you have to be a nobody. You can’t date in public places, you can’t go to amusement park or restaurants to have an at least a formal date for your 100th day or anniversary. Making it short dating an idol means living your love life in an unusual way.

Since you decided to commit to this relationship, you’ve come to know that loving an idol is all about making sacrifices, learning how to be patient, able to understand each other and care not only for the person but also for the career he have. You may not live as a normal couple does, you can’t do the usual things you wanted to do, but being unique is a good thing right? Okay. Being special is not that good all the time, but as long as both of you are together and your relationship is fine, it’s already a reason that you need for you to be able to carry on. You’ve already prepared yourself for worse. You’ve made a decision, you’re happy and not a single regret came to your mind and now you’re celebrating your first year anniversary with your boyfriend Luhan, but it’s not happy as it seems. I guess I will celebrate all by myself here. Luhan and the EXO members have their schedule in a variety show; you open your phone as you watch their live stream online, the members we’re really handsome, they we’re the usual wolf you see when you came to visit them at their dorm, but one thing that caught your eyes is your boyfriend. Seeing him even just in the screen makes your heart flutter and feel the strange butterflies in your stomach. How I wish we could spend our anniversary just like what other people do.

 

“Luhan~~shi. The fans are dying to know of what kind of girl do you like?” the MC asks as the members make noise and tease your boyfriend. They know it, even there manager know your relationship. So it’s really strange and awkward in the part of the members and of course to you when people do ask Luhan about this. So, what kind of girl Luhan? I’m also dying to know.

 

“I like the girl who cares for me. A girl who would understand even though I can’t go to our first anniversary because of my schedule.” He chuckle and continued “A girl who would always be there by my side in good and bad times.” He pauses for a moment as he again continued and a serious side of him became visible in his face. “Jagiya. Mianhe. I’ve cause a lot of troubles but please no matter what comes on us, please stay; I can’t see myself living without you. Saranghae.”

 

Your heart stops in a beat after he said those words. First of it, you we’re flattered, you never expect he would do this. Second, you was nervous like hell, like why he would say that all of the sudden. Of course, it was sweet of him but look fans might misunderstand and give a meaning on his statement. It’s not that you don’t want your relationship to go public. Of course every girl wants a guy who could show and tell the world about her girlfriend. But in your situation you’re not a girl who would ask for the same thing, since you fear that you may end up breaking seeing the fans, cannot accept the fact or maybe worst he would end up losing his career and you don’t want that thing  to happen.

Suddenly calling your attention back to the screen as the Fans abruptly came to their cheer and shout ‘Saranghae Luhan oppa’. The fans thought that Luhan was referring to them. Okay. So it’s not the first time he indirectly talk about you in National T.V. he did it almost many times, but fans and the people always thought Luhan was just showing the sweet side of him to his supporters.

 

“Oh! Fans are shedding in tears in the studio. You know how to pleased girls huh? You’re future girlfriend would be so lucky.” The MC commented.

 

“If there is a person who would be lucky. I think that will be me” Luhan said as he showed a peace sign after the MC gives the stage to them for their new comeback album. He really never misses his promise. As to make out for the day of your anniversary. He promises to show a peace sign while doing the variety show. He said it means that ‘I’m currently thinking of you’.

 

While watching the show as the EXO members dance and sing to the beat of their new song, your phone suddenly rings receiving a message from Luhan. A message? I thought they doing their show live.

 

From: Luhan <3

Yobeo. Where are you? I’m badly missing you, I want to see you

 

To: Luhan <3

Ya. Aren’t you having your schedule?

 

From: Luhan <3

We’re finished. It’s not live; the video was recorded before the show starts. Meet me at the dorm. I’ll wait for you.

 

One thing I love the most about Luhan? He never failed to surprise me. He always fills up those missing hours he fails to do. You pick up your bag as you turn on your heel and walk towards outside. You feel the cold air damp onto your skin as you let a breathe of an enormous sigh came out of your lips. 

~~~

After a minute you finally get to arrive at the EXO’s dorm, you let your feet move as you take your way to the elevator until you finally found yourself standing at their door. As the first thing to do, your eyes scan the hallway to ensure whether if someone has followed you or if there’s people looking or spying. All clear. You started to put the code and enter. Darkness welcomes you as soon as you come into the place. No one’s home? Am I too early?

You made a pace as you notice the candles put on the side aligning one by one with rose petals all over the floor. The candles were the only one making the room bright. It’s the only thing that makes you see what you’re walking through. The candles brought you to the dining table with red and white cloth on the top. A food for two and a wine. You see Luhan standing at the right side of the table looking at you and smiling brightly. Luhan, always do things I never expect he would do. He always cares for me, and I’m so lucky I’ve had him as my boyfriend. Your eyes blurred as the tears are warn to fall.

 

“Eun-Hee.” He called calling you’re attention. “You’re just going to stand there huh? Come here” he said as he lifts his arms waiting for a hug. Without realizing you just found yourself walking towards him accepting his embrace. “Stop crying. You know I hate the most when you’re crying right?”

 

“I’m Happy, more than you think I was.” You said as you let go of his hold and give him a peck on his lips “When did you do this?”

 

“After the show. I came here.” He paused as he lets you sit on the chair. “I thought we should have at least a date for our anniversary, since I can’t take you out, I thought maybe I should do this.” he looks at you apologetically as he reached for your hand and said “Mianhe.”

 

“For what?” you ask. You shouldn’t be. I’m really grateful for having this day with you. Together.

 

“For not taking you out in a date like what the other couples did.” he answer as he stares down on his hands.

 

“You know, I never mind that.” you said as you cupped his face and let his eyes meet your gaze “Seeing you giving an effort, is enough for me.” a smile showed in your face and continued “Restaurants are not a place I want for a date though. You know I want privacy right? There’s no privacy in restaurants.” you said lightheartedly making him chuckled.

 

After your dinner date, you make your way on the living area. Sitting in the sofa as you’re back lean on Luhan’s chest and his arms are wrapping around you. You watch the lights reflecting on the glass windows and the snow falling outside covering the whole city in white. The members are not yet home. They don’t want to interrupt both of you so they decided to spend their night into a bar to have some drink with the manager.

 

“Did you watch the show?” he asks as he leans closer on your back and put his chin on your shoulder.

 

“Yes.” you answer shortly

 

“I think we should tell the people about us.” you turn your head at his sudden declaration as your eyes meet his gaze

 

“Are you kidding? You know we can’t do that.” you stated as you let go of his arms and try to see his face. The room is filled with darkness only the candles and the moon’s light give glow to the dorm.

 

“But why?” he speak as he avert his eyes to the windows and continued “You know I’m just waiting for your approval”

 

“I don’t want to.” You utter as you stare down at your knotted fingers. “I’m afraid I might lose you in the end.”

 

“I won’t leave your side, you know that.” he reaches for your hand and gives it a kiss “I love you.”

 

“Love doesn’t enough reason for us to continue our relationship.” You said as you try to hide your face. It would seem you’re lying if you said “loves conquers everything” because in your situation love can’t make things all right. “If ever I would be the reason for you to lose your career, I don’t know if I can tolerate myself to keep on seeing you. I see how hard you’ve been through just to take a hold on your place right now.”

 

“Whatever. Just tell me if you’re ready and l will tell everyone about our relationship.” Luhan said as he put the case in an end. He really doesn’t want you saying things like you would leave his side. He just can’t say it but he’s really afraid that in the end you might do it for real. “I can’t bear to hide you anymore. I want to be man for you, a man who can show off the one he loves in everyone.”

 

“You don’t need to do that. If you’re worrying about me I’m telling you we’ve been together for 1 year; I’ve already been used to this.” you retort as you look at his face assuring him.

 

“I know. I just want you to tell me. Huh?” he murmur as he again embraces you from the back

 

“Arasso” you said and you nod in response.

 

 

12:00. its midnight and you’re starting to get sleepy. You feel your eyes getting heavy as they begin to feel tired and weary. You’re planning to go home but Luhan doesn’t let go of you. He wants to take all his free time together with you because after this, he would start to take his schedules again and get busy.

 

“Can you grant a wish for me?” he asks out of nowhere. You faced him as you gave him a questioning look.

 

“What kind of wish?” you ask back

 

“I want to try something new.” He said reaching for your waist. It was dark; you can’t see his face all you can hear is his manly voice echoing on your ears

 

“eh?”

 

“Just this day. Please?” he started to get closer and closer, you can feel his nose on yours.

 

“Yah!” you push him as he literally heaves on the other side of the bed. “You ert! Just get to the point. You’re making me think of weird things.” You said pouting.

 

 “Let’s try dating outside.” He declares making you feel butterflies on your stomach. This was the first time Luhan ask for a wish and you’ve never try to date outside of their dorm. Will I say yes or maybe not?

 

A/N: leave your comment :)) i want to know your thoughts guys