Christmas Wish

A Christmas Wish

“Busy”

 

 

Seohyun sighed as she put down the phone. It’s been 2 months since his last phone call and she’s been missing him. He didn’t even text her for goodness sake!

 

 

“Seohyunnie~”

 

 

Someone nudged her shoulder. She smiled faintly as she put down her phone.

 

 

“Don’t worry Jinwoonie, I’m alright” She chuckled as she found Jinwoon pouting at her.

 

 

“Oh please Seohyun, he hasn’t even called” Hoya, who sat on her left, said as he took as sip from his coffee.

 

 

“Are you sure he’s not cheating on you?” Sungyeol, who sat opposite to her, asked.

 

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip. She couldn’t seem to answer that simple question.

 

 

“Seriously Seo, if you had chosen me, I would never do this to you!” Jinwoon joked, but all of them knew the hidden message.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, why aren’t you calling me? A text message would’ve been fine… Please, just let me know if you’re alright. I’m worried. So worried. Come back to me soon” Seohyun left a message for the tenth time that day. Wanting to hear Kris’ voice but it seems like the tall dope didn’t even care.

 

 

She pressed the end button and threw her phone somewhere. She hugged herself. This is the worst Christmas ever! Her friends had their boyfriends while her guy friends wanted to hang out together. She was all alone this Christmas.

 

 

“Woof!”

 

 

Well, not exactly alone. She smiled as she found Dubu wagging her tail at her.

 

 

“Yes baby?” Seohyun patted Dubu’s head. The dog barked in delight as she pranced to the big portrait of Kris hanging on the wall.

 

 

“Woof!” Dubu barked.

 

 

Seohyun chuckled.

 

 

“You miss appa?”

 

 

Dubu barked again, as if saying she does. Seohyun smiled.

 

 

“I miss him too”

 

 

 

 

“Seohyun” Kris whispered lovingly, causing the sleeping belle to awake from her deep slumber.

 

 

“Hi” Seohyun smiled as she woke up. Kris’ handsome face greeted her as soon as she opened her eyes and she can’t help herself but feel all fluffy inside.

 

 

Kris leaned down to kiss her, not minding if she hasn’t brushed her teeth yet. She was too perfect to be true that all Kris could think of is spending his days with her for the rest of his life.

 

 

“Merry Christmas” Kris murmured as soon as he pulled away.

 

 

“Merry Christmas” Seohyun pecked his lips again.

 

 

“I have a surprise for you” He said as he pulled Seohyun out of bed and led her to the living room. He pointed at a small pink colored box with a huge grin on his face.

 

 

“You shouldn’t have Kris” Seohyun giggled as she picked up the box.

 

 

“Woof!” The lid of the box opened and there popped out a cute, fluffy, white puppy.

 

 

Seohyun squealed in delight as Kris laughed.

 

 

“You like her?” Kris back hugged Seohyun.

 

 

“No. I love her!” Seohyun then spun around to face Kris “ But I’ll always love you more. Thank you”

 

 

She said sincerely and all Kris could do was stare at the woman who means so much to him.

 

 

“Not as much as I love you Seo Joo Hyun” Kris then hugged Seohyun tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun woke up early in the morning. December 25. So she was going to spend Christmas alone. She smiled sadly and got up. She made her own pancakes that day and went to church by herself. Dubu wasn’t in a mood to play with her either so she decided to wander off.

 

 

She smiled as she passed by a few children playing in the snow. The snow. The winter breeze was cold. No one is going to hug her to sleep tonight.

 

 

Kris

 

 

She shook off the thought. If he doesn’t want to be with her then she doesn’t want to be with him.

 

 

Day soon turned into night. Time flies fast but yet it was too slow for Seohyun. She wanted it to end badly. She wanted Christmas to end but she was unfortunate. Every time she sees a couple being all lovey dovey, Kris’ face shoots up in her brain.  It was hurting her that he didn’t even care how she’d feel.

 

 

I just wish he would call

 

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, her phone rings. Right at that moment when she was watching the sun set in the Han River.

 

 

It was HIM!

 

 

Her heart pounded. She maintained herself from going crazy.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

“You’re mad aren’t you?” Kris asked on the other line.

 

 

“Now what made you think of that?” Seohyun answered sarcastically.

 

 

“You just don’t answer my call after 6 rings. You usually answer them after 1 ring”

 

 

“Whose fault is it that I’m being like this?” Seohyun’s pitch was higher, like she was on the verge of shouting.

 

 

“Did your “guy friends” give you another stupid idea or something?”

 

 

“Excuse you, but they’re the only men who seem to care about me!”

 

 

The two remained silent for seconds.

 

 

“Babe?” Kris started.

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“Turn around please”

 

 

Seohyun did what she was told and found herself staring at the man she’s been missing for 2 whole months. She was torn between slapping his handsome face or kiss his soft lips.

 

 

“I miss you” Kris turned off his phone. A lazy smile planted his lips.

 

 

Seohyun walked towards him. And Kris opened his arms, welcoming a hug when suddenly, he felt a fist jab his jaw.

 

 

“Ouch!”

 

 

“You deserved that you idiot! Making me wait and leaving me here thinking of the worst possible things that could’ve happened to you! Do you know what I’ve----“ Seohyun couldn’t finish her words as Kris grabbed her forcefully and kissed her longingly.

 

 

“I’m sorry. My mother wanted me to prove my love for you so she told me I shouldn’t contact you for a month” Kris explained.

 

 

“Still!”

 

 

“Merry Christmas” Kris held out a ring on his hand and Seohyun’s eyes widened.

 

 

“You?” Seohyun couldn’t describe her happiness when she saw Kris kneeling down on one knee.

 

 

“This might be the most unromantic proposal ever cause you know I’m not the type of person who likes mushy stuff” Kris started.

 

 

“And?”

 

 

“Well, I know I’m not as amazing as your “guy friends” or as important as your dad. But if you’ll give me a little space in your heart, that would be just enough to make me the happiest man in the universe. So Seo Joo Hyun, will you do me the greatest honor by spending the next years with me, as your husband, as the father of your children, and as the man you love?”

 

 

The most sincere confession had been given. Seohyun’s heart leapt in happiness as she hugged the man in front of her, tears running down her face.

 

 

“You know I can’t say no to that right?” Seohyun chuckled as she looked up at Kris’ face and gave him a chaste kiss.

 

 

“Even if you’ll say no, I’d do this all over again until you’ll say yes” Kris kissed her forehead.

 

 

“So much for “not the type of person who likes mushy stuff”” Seohyun laughed. Helping Kris onto his feet.

 

 

“Well, you make me do crazy stuff” Kris then embraced his love as soon as he stood.

 

 

“How did you know I was here?” Seohyun asked as she pulled away from him.

 

 

“I followed you since this morning” Kris blushed in embarrassment.

 

 

Seohyun laughed, if spending the rest of her days would mean getting stalked by Kris Wu, then she wouldn’t mind at all.

 

 

 

 

 

The twinkling lights that decorate the streets
Among those, your eyes are especially like the star light
As if you’re melting in my arms, you come into my embrace


Just like the Christmas day that I’ve always waited for


 

 

 

 

merry christmas to all!!