Your Decisions

My Determination Nothing To Do With You

The sun was already high in this time and it’s lunch already but she insisted of staying in a coffee shop to do something that should be done now. She unintentionally sighed as she supported his face on his left hand, and right hand to continued drawing. Fashion designers work in different ways. Some sketch their ideas on paper, while others drape fabric on a dress form. As a talented girl she was, she’s capable to do both ways but it’s not as easy as people thought. There are still so many steps facing her later after she finished her sketch. The worse was she didn’t have any idea of what to draw. She again sighed as she drowned herself on the table.

            Ddrrtt… drrrttt…

            Her phone vibrated caused her startled. “aish” She cursed lightly as she took her phone to read a message that she received.

            “ bit.ly/ussjue/g1344b. open the link and please don’t be mad at me, also at him. please, I beg you.” – Eli Oppa

            Since she was curious, she opened the link without hesitation. As the page loaded fully, gaped widely as if an elephant could enter and her eyes were about exploded.

…[Breaking] Dong Ho to Leave U-KISS and to Take a Break from All Entertainment Activities.

            She madly pressed Dongho’s phone number and called him immediately but he didn’t seem to picked up his calls so she tried until 5 times until he eventually picked up.

            “yes noona?”

            “where are you now?” she asked in irritated tone

            “you know exactly where I am right now…if you are mad, I apologize…”

            Before Dongho could end his sentence, Young Ji had hanging up the phone and went to met Dongho.

            “silly noona, should have listened to me first before departed…” he spoke himself from a restaurant before a coffee shop where Youngji was. He saw Youngji walked out from coffee shop in a hurry with worried expression. He was following her since Youngji came out from office secretly from afar. “I’m sorry for make you worried, noona…”

            Youngji run all the way to the playground near Dongho’s house since he used to played there. After she arrived there catching her breath, Dongho seemed to be nowhere in sight. She eventually has to called him again.

            “where the hell are you??!!” she shouted like there’s no tomorrow.

            “you should’ve listened me finished the sentence first” he giggled “I’m at city park right now, sitting on a bench near the fountain”

            “w-what? why are you in public place? you can be seen by your fans…” she whispered through the phone.

            “Have you finished read the article? Or you are an idiot?”

            “oh my god.. shin dongho wait for me!!!” she grumpily hanging up the phone.

            --

            Since she forgot to bring her thick jacket, she walked to the fountain while hugged herself. She only wore a knitted sweater and skinny pants. As she arrived there, again, she didn’t see dongho sitting on the bench like he told her before. As she sighed, suddenly a pair of arms linked on her waist caused her to jump in shock and pushed a person who hugged her as the instinct signaled to her. The person fell on the ground and hissed in pain.

            “were you trying to kill me? ouch” he got up as he wiped dust on his .

            “it’s your fault, I thought you were a ert tsk” she said as she sit on the near bench. “kneel down, for make me suffering a lot today”

            “I don’t want to” he stuck his tongue.

            “sit, and explain to me everything” her face became serious

            “what are you talking about? There’s nothing to be explained” Dongho said as he sat next to her.

            “don’t play dumb shin dongho!” her eyes watery “Why you give up on your own dream that you’ve achieved?” her tears began to fell.

            “guess you haven’t read the article yet?” he looked at her “noona, I didn’t leave because of nothing. I have reasons”

            “that’s why I want to listen your explanation. I don’t want to read the articles because some of them are not true! I don’t want to be fooled”

            “why do you care so much about me?”

            “didn’t you say to hold you forever so you wouldn’t stumble? ‘forever’ may be a long time. but, i sure as hell wouldn't mind spending it by your side.”

            “were you just… confessed?” he giggled a bit.

            “don’t make me laugh shin dong ho pft” she crossed her arms “I would stay up all night to make sure that you're alright. so tell me what goes through your mind each time you lie and say you're fine.”

He sighed looking at his own hand on his lap “have you ever felt as if you don't belong anywhere, and just want to live in a place where no one knows you? it’s enough that I lost my sleep, friends, even myself… and suddenly the thought of losing you, scares me more than death”

 “y-you mean?” she looked at him in curiosity.

“i wanna go to record stores, coffee shops, and bookstores with you, and wander the city streets together. I want to do everything that I’ve never done before… with you” he looked at her, they make eye contact.

“don’t say… that… you leave u-kiss because of me”

He hold his laugh and suddenly chuckled “don’t make me laugh kim young ji, my determination of leaving u-kiss’s nothing to do with you. I was joking” he laughed himself without sensing young ji’s facial expression was started to changed.

For a second, she felt her heart just hit by hammer because of his words. It’s the first time her heart experienced pain “after a while i start to realize that there is no point in caring for a person who doesn't care” she felt irritated already and about to left dongho alone laughing by himself like crazy.

“I’m suffering from pleurisy…” he spoke as if didn’t want young ji to left. “On the way to a scheduled event, I experienced pains so I was taken to the emergency room. eventually doctor found out about my disease.” He looked at Young Ji who stood before him. “my commitment to my entertainment activities has weakened due to my physical health that is not fit for the life of a singer. And…”

“and what?”

“I’ve been with the agency for a long time as a member of U-KISS, and through that time had difficulties adjusting to life an entertainer. I want to live a life as a regular citizen, instead of a celebrity.” He sighed in relieved. “Satisfied?”

She smirked “yeah, thanks for the explanation shin dongho-ssi. I’m leaving, good luck with your new life as a regular citizen” she was about to leave but dongho grabbed her by her wrist.

“I like you Kim Young Ji, no.. I love you”

you are a liar tch I’ll take it as a joke” she smiled reluctantly “now get off your hand of my wrist”

Dongho chuckled “i still don’t understand how you break my heart and hold it together at the same time.” He let go of her wrist

“you hurt me too, I was hurt by your words just now”

“When I said about wander the city with you… I really am serious about that. i just couldn’t express my feeling well” he stared at the ground “i… Forever holding onto something I shouldn’t. I’m just afraid someone is going to hold you and that might not be me because i can feel you forgetting me.” he looked at young ji in watery eyes and suddenly pulled her into a hug “i-i-it's hard to think straight, when all i think of is you… I couldn’t spent my time with you like we used to be since I became an idol. You even had pretended to be my fan in fansign event in order to talked to me as my wish… and ‘we rarely talked after that’ is probably the saddest thing to say… lately, all i do is think of you and hope that you think of me too.

She began to sob as she listened all his words that touched her heart “Dongho-ya… even though we barely talk, i still wonder how you're doing. and… i have a lot to say, i just don't know how to say it.” She broke the hug as she chuckled a bit while wiped her tears.

“don’t say anything…”

“why can’t..” without warning, dongho crashed his lips on hers caused her eyes begin to wide. After about 10 seconds he broke the kiss. “…I” she could felt her heart beat so fast as looked at dongho this close, the gap seemed only in 5cm.

“please don't be in love with someone else. i need you to love me as hard as i hate myself.” He whispered in his breath

Her lips slowly curved a smile “shin dongho… where did you learn these disgusting words?” she cupped his face and pecks his lips.

“Hyungs trained me” he giggled as he kissed the top of her head “I love you shorty noona”

“ya… what if people secretly take photos of us?” she looked around aware

“Remember? I’m a regular citizen now. young ji-ya, cant you say something that I want to hear the most like…” he played aegyo

“I love you too?” she giggled as she hugged dongho tightly “so… as a regular citizen, let’s have some fun in public places?” she looked up to see dongho face so close with her. “don’t you think something calls us now?”

“who?”

“amusement park hihi” she grinned cutely

“you slowly learn to be cute uh?” he giggled as he kissed her nose “amusement park! We are coming!!!!”