Prologue: The Agony

Black Beast

I seek what I kill...

You cannot hide away from me when I will…

Once you do, you better pray...

Because I’ll search for you even in the darkest depths of hell so you may pay…

-       Hunter

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Every part of my body hurts…

I can’t move a single muscle…

It’s like everything’s on fire…

But I didn’t care,

All I can think is about HIM…

HIM, just lying a few meters away from me…

I opened my eyes and I can smell blood; I didn’t know whose blood, him or mine? Or maybe both?

I tried to move my fingers but it only brought a stinging pain to every part of my now broken body... But I couldn’t think straight because I wanted him, NO, I NEEDED HIM to live…

I stoop up slowly and hissed, trying to ignore the complaints of pain that my body is shouting…

I slowly advanced toward him, seeing him lie like there motionless, I knew I needed to move faster… ONE, TWO, THREE… I counted the steps and it took me for what it felt like forever before I reached him and knelt down beside him or more like threw myself down beside him because the pain was really killing me…

I took in the horrifying scene in front of me, he was lying there in a pool of blood, his face growing pale and pale by every second that passes, thanks to the moonlight that shines down on us I am able to see everything clearly… But he needs to live, I needed him to live…

I caressed his face and I felt his breathing movements; shallow and desperate but it didn’t stop me from sighing in relief… *HE’S ALIVE* I tried to wake him, “Jin, can you hear me? Jin…” I whispered to him gently but my relief only lasted for a second when he opened his eyes; eyes that were unfocused and losing its light and panic coursed through my veins, “JIN!” I said more loudly, “Jin! Come on! Don’t you dare give up on me! Please! I need you! I’ll lift you up!” I tried to put his arms around my shoulders and pain shot up like electricity all throughout my body.  I groaned.  Even in his condition, he was able to sense it and gently stopped me, “Marie… It’s no use… You can’t…” He coughed.  “But Jin…” tears suddenly and unconsciously rolled down on my cheeks.  I ignored it.  I placed his head gently on my lap and said, “No, you can’t just ---““Sshhh…” Jin suddenly cut me off, “Listen, I don’t have much time left but please listen…” He took a deep, shaky breathe, “These past few days were the best days that I had because in those years that we were living in the same apartment, I haven’t seen you smile unlike when we were just small when you often smiled and played with me,” He stopped and smiled at the sweet memory, “Right after I found you again, I really am happy but got frustrated when I knew you weren’t the same like when we were small but I had to fix you… I knew it wasn’t too late… I needed to see you smile again even right after your parents were massacred…You became the emotionless killing machine, the secret weapon of the order you are working with…” He touched the number on my forehead, the number 'IV13' that was engraved on it, “I still accepted you even if you became like that but I had to bring the Marie of the past and I was able to do it… I was happy when I saw you smile even if it was just a little bit, but at least it was a progress…” He wiped my tears away, “And these tears, it only shows that you cared for me even if you became an Ice Princess or Ice Queen I prefer…” “OF COURSE I CARE ABOUT YOU AND UP UNTIL NOW I STILL DO! HOW COULD I NOT?” I half-shouted.  He chuckled but coughed up blood immediately. “Stop please! You’re only hurting yourself----““And I noticed, you didn’t snap at me when I called you Marie…” “IDIOT! Will you please shut up, YOU’RE---“”going to die anyway…” He butted in.  “And yes I am…” “Jin…” But he ignored me and continued… “But at least I was able to see you smile and cry again… Remember, you are not Hunter, you are Marie, MY Marie… and…” He looked up at the sky, and those beautiful brown eyes that melted my heart in every possible way were losing its light… *NO PLEASE NO* “I love you… I love you my Marie…” and his eyes closed.  Everything stopped, I couldn’t feel the pain anymore… It was like watching in slow motion, the way he smiled peacefully while closing his eyes.  It was like those days when he would just unconsciously slept on my lap and I just shoved him.  But today’s different, I didn’t shove him away… I felt empty and hurt and I strongly suspect it does not come from the physical pain that I have.  I gazed down on his beautiful face and wished that time can go back on its own but I knew it was impossible… I lowered his head gently on the ground and lied down beside him… I continued to gaze and just touched his face and repeated the words that he wasn’t able to hear but hoping against hope that maybe, just maybe he knew it… “I love you too Jin… I love you too…” and everything went black…

 

I didn’t even felt the strong pair of arms that lifted me up and took me away from that area….

 

Author’s note: *Author-nim signing-in* WHOAH! PROLOGUE SUCCESS! HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED AND I’M SORRY IF JIN IS DEAD BUT DON’T WORRY:3 HE WILL STILL HAVE HIS APPEARANCES IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS OF THE STORY BUT THROUGH A FLASHBACK ONLY :3 I LOVE YOU GUYZ AND I HOPE YOU LOVED IT ;) Chapter 1 next week XD who’s excited? Again! Thank you Futen_D for the image! Lablab <3 You may follow me on twitter guyz: https://twitter.com/BenBenBinx_EXO :3

 *Author-nim signing-off*