2's Company, 3's a Crowd.

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd.

Hey Jongin!”, you said as you approached him.

Hey”, he replied smiling at you.

Do you know if Kyungsoo is here?”, you asked.

Uh, um, I think he actually just left”, he stammered.

Did you try calling him?

Yeah, but he didn’t pick up. I guess I’ll head back then. Thanks for letting me know”.

———

Kyungsoo stop it”, Luna giggled as Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around her waist.

He just smiled at her teasingly as he held her tighter. Just as he was leaning in to kiss her, his phone went off.

Give me a sec, okay?”, he said as he touched a finger to her lips.

She nodded, kissing his finger. He took out his phone and walked off. It was a text from Jongin.

Jongin: when are you going to stop this?
Kyungsoo: stop what?
Jongin: cheating on your girlfriend
Jongin: I feel bad having to lie to her all the time for you
Kyungsoo: I know. I’m sorry. Just try to avoid her as much as possible then
Jongin: you know you would’ve got caught just a second ago if I didn’t run into her right?
Kyungsoo: really? Thanks, I owe you one.
Jongin: I’m saying this as your best friend, if you don’t love her anymore, stop leading her on and just break up with her. 
Jongin: she doesn’t deserve to be treated like this

That was strange for him to say. Kyungsoo paused for a second before replying.

Kyungsoo: if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you like her
Jongin: maybe I do…

Kyungsoo read the last text and punched the wall. He knew what he was doing was wrong. He didn’t need anyone else to point it out to him. Now his best friend suddenly says that he likes his girlfriend. Great.

I-is everything okay?”, Luna called out to him.

I have to go”, he said bluntly.

He grabbed his coat and belongings and left.

———

As soon as Kyungsoo got home, he went straight to Jongin’s room. He opened the door, and a startled Jongin stood up immediately. He grabbed the tall boy by his collar, bringing him down to eye level.

So you like my girlfriend?”, Kyungsoo asked menacingly.

And if I do?”, he challenged back.

It’s not like you don’t already have someone else. It’s not like you haven’t been cheating on her for three months. It’s not like you’ve been spending time with her. I’ve been the one keeping her company this whole time while you were with someone else”.

Don’t you dare go near her again”, Kyungsoo threatened.

Yeah, I’ll make sure to avoid her”, the boy said as he shoved Kyungsoo’s hand off of him.

But only when she comes looking for you and you’re doing whatever you do when you’re alone with Luna noona”.

And with that, Jongin walked off. Kyungsoo was furious. He needed to go see his girlfriend. He needed to talk to her. He needed that reassurance. Not the reassurance that he still had her heart, but the reassurance that Jongin didn’t.

———

You were just sitting at home, alone. Doing nothing, again. Now a days it seemed like you were hanging out with Jongin more than Kyungsoo. It was to the point where if you were alone, you thought to text Jongin first to see what he was doing instead of your own boyfriend. It was pretty sad. But if you were to be completely honest with yourself, you were starting to get used to it. You barely saw each other and when you did it was only once or twice a week at most, and you were the one that had to go out of your way to go see him at practice. You barely talked to him and when you did it was less than five minutes at a time before “he had something important to do”. Did Kyungsoo not like you anymore?

You sighed at the thought and grabbed your phone. You didn’t want to be at home right now. You started texting Jongin to see what he was doing. Suddenly the door clicked and opened. It was Kyungsoo. He looked pretty mad. He walked up to you and took your phone.

Wait, what are you do—”, you began, getting a bit irritated that he just came out of nowhere and just snatched your phone.

Who are you texting?”, he asked, holding the phone away from you.

Are they more important than me? Is that why you want your phone back?

Quit it Kyungsoo, just give it back”, you said calmly as possible, reaching for it.

No”, he answered bluntly as he walked away with your phone.

———

When he came into the apartment, he saw her sitting on the couch texting someone. He had a feeling he knew who it was. He went over and took her phone. After a little confrontation he walked away with her phone and looked at who she was texting. Like he suspected. She was in the middle of sending a text to Jongin.

Do you like him?”, he asked as he turned around to face her.

What?”, she answered, looking a bit irritated.

Because he likes you”, he responded, shoving her phone back to her.

———

You haven’t heard from Kyungsoo since that night. You decided to try and make up with him by bringing him some sweets. As you were walking towards the practice room, you saw Jongin and started to wave at him but as soon as he saw you, he quickly turned the corner and was out of sight. You found it a little weird, but then Kyungsoo’s words chimed into your head. “Do you like him? Because he likes you”. Jongin and Kyungsoo must have gotten into it as well because you realized Jongin started avoiding you since that day too. You sighed and shook the thought out of your head and continued towards the practice room.

You opened the door and were face to face with Kyungsoo and Luna making out. You dropped the basket of home baked cookies and cupcakes and ran out immediately. So that’s the reason why he always had something important to do huh? Honestly, you suspected something like this but actually seeing it with your own eyes was something completely different. You ran aimlessly as your vision was blurred by tears.

———

Jongin walked around the building. He wondered if she caught Kyungsoo. He felt horrible for avoiding her the past week. At first he only said he liked her to spite Kyungsoo, but maybe he really did like her…

Suddenly someone rounded the corner and ran right into him. He instinctively held said person as she was cried into his chest. Then she looked up at him with tears streaming down her face. It was ______. Guess she did catch him. His heart ached for her. He gently pulled her into a hug and lightly her hair, that was the only way he knew how to comfort her at this point. Asking her anything or trying to talk to her would be pointless right now; she was visibly and mentally a mess. He heard Kyungsoo calling her name from afar. Then he saw him round the corner and stop in his tracks.

———

You ran into Jongin while you were trying to get away. You couldn’t help but to cry in his arms. You didn’t know what else to do. Then you heard Kyungsoo calling your name. You turned your head in the direction of his voice and saw him standing there a few feet behind you.

So this is how it is huh?”, he asked.

You couldn’t answer him, you just looked at him with tear filled eyes. He looked from you to Jongin as his question was met with silence. He scoffed as he shook his head and walked off. Did he seriously just try to turn this whole thing onto you when he was the one slobbing some other girl down just moments before? Fine, whatever. You didn’t need to put up with him anymore anyways. Suddenly you realized you were still wrapped tightly in Jongin’s arms and pulled away, wiping your face.

I-I’m sorry”, you apologized.

Are you okay?”, he asked timidly, concern written all over his face.

Mm”, you nodded, putting on a weak smile even though the tears were still falling.

He gently wiped the tears and took your hand.

Come on, I’ll take you home”.

———

Have you talked to Kyungsoo yet?”, Jongin asked, lightly squeezing your knee.

You shook your head as you pulled your knees up closer to your body.

Why won’t you? Don’t you want to make up with him?

There’s no point. What does someone like me have to offer against someone like her? Be honest, you’d choose her over me any day too right?”, you said somberly.

I’ll just leave him alone. It’s better that way and obviously that’s what he wants since he hasn’t bothered contacting me either…

———

Surprisingly, it didn’t take you that long to get over Kyungsoo at all. After about two months, you were feeling like yourself again. Guess all the evasiveness and distance towards the end of the relationship really helped. That, and the way Jongin was so supportive…

HAHA! Did you see that?!”, Jongin suddenly asked, laughing and hitting your arm; disrupting your thoughts.

Mm”, you answered with a little smile.

What’s wrong?

Nothing. Just thinking”, you replied honestly.

He smiled at you and gave your hand a little squeeze. You were thankful to him at times like this. He never pried or asked questions when you didn’t want to talk about it. He always just smiled and squeezed your hand or patted your back reassuringly. You didn’t know whether it was just because you were getting comfortable with him being around so much or if it was because you were starting to develop feelings for him or not, but seeing his face, seeing his smile, hearing him laugh, being in his presence, all of it; it made you feel better. It made you feel happy.

———

At first Kyungsoo was perfectly fine with the break up. That just meant he didn’t have to sneak around anymore. He could see Luna whenever without having to worry about getting caught. After about a month, something started to eat away at him. He made up with Jongin but he noticed Jongin was always going out or texting someone. Whenever he saw him texting, he would always be smiling to himself like a little school girl.

One day, Jongin left his phone out on the table and someone sent him a text. Kyungsoo picked up the phone, intending to bring it to Jongin, but he happened to just look down at the flashing screen and was speechless when he saw who the text was from and what it said.

______: You’re still coming over today right? I cooked your favorite.

It was a text from Kyungsoo’s ex-girlfriend. Was she who he was going out to see and texting this whole time? Were they dating now? A pang of jealousy crept up his spine. Jongin walked out from the bedroom and Kyungsoo snapped out of his trance.

Oh, Jongin, here. You got a text”, he said nonchalantly as he handed the boy his phone.

Thanks hyung”, he replied.

Kyungsoo noted that Jongin’s whole face lit up when he read the text. She must be the one he’s been seeing and talking to. The one who’s been making him so happy lately…

———

A couple days after finding out that bit of information, he felt himself slowly starting to miss his ex. Everything seemed to remind him of her. When he was laying with Luna, he sometimes absent mindedly her hair the way his ex liked. Even though Luna, herself, actually hated when he touched her hair. He found himself thinking of her more and more as the days passed. Eventually, he found himself thinking of her all day and night.

One day he accidentally slipped and called Luna her name. That earned him a slap across the face and the silent treatment plus cold shoulder. He surprisingly didn’t mind though. The fact that he didn’t mind made him realize his heart was really with his ex. He wondered if she still had feelings for him. He wondered did she still love him or not. He wondered would she be willing to give him a second chance. Should he try? Or did Jongin already have her heart?

———

As Kyungsoo was driving over to her apartment, it started pouring down rain. Great, he didn’t even bring an umbrella. He parked and ran out with only his hands to shelter him from the rain. Even if it was a short distance from the car to her door, he was soaked through and through. He nervously rang the door bell. He heard foot steps and the door click open, but he when the door opened, he was face to face with a smiling Jongin.

Jongin’s face dropped as soon as he saw that it was him at the door. Then from within the apartment, he heard her laughing and yell, “Who was it?”, and she suddenly jumped on Jongin’s back, smiling. She had such a happy and loving expression on her face when she looked at Jongin. But that didn’t last too long when her attention suddenly turned to Kyungsoo.

———

You immediately dropped off of Jongin’s back when you realized Kyungsoo was standing in front of the door way. He was completely drenched from the rain. Your heart ached upon seeing him in that state. He looked like he was miserable and sad. But that quickly turned into anger.

W-what are you doing here?”, you asked nervously.

You thought you were over him but he still had an affect on you. You didn’t know if it was anger or love but he definitely still stirred some kind of emotion in you. That was clear as day when you set eyes on him.

I wanted to talk to you. I was going to ask you something, but I just got my answer when HE opened the door”, Kyungsoo said through clenched teeth.

That was definitely a shot at Jongin. You felt the younger take a step forward so you grabbed his arm to stop him. Kyungsoo’s eyes immediately shot to your hands, looking at you holding onto Jongin. His gaze slowly went from your hands back up to your eyes and then without another word, he turned and left. Was it your imagination? Were there tears in his eyes? Or was it just the rain?

———

You[12:23AM]: Can you answer the phone?
You[12:47AM]: Please Kyungsoo, I just want to clear things up.
You[12:48AM]: It wasn’t what it looked like.
Kyungsoo[2:16AM]: You don’t need to try and clear anything up, it all doesn’t matter anymore anyways.
Kyungsoo[2:17AM]: You’re a good girl, you deserve to be happy. He’ll treat you well
Kyungsoo[2:17AM]: better than I ever did…