Christmas Decorations

Story of Us

It is Christmas Eve and the apartment is slowly being decorated by Sunggyu and Woohyun. The rest of the Infinite members are away trying to get last minute presents during the Christmas sale for the members as well as their family members. They are finally heading home for a short 2 days of Christmas holiday before getting back on a tight schedule for the year end Gayo Daejuns.

That did not stop them from the excitement of going back home to eat and spend time with their loved ones. The world tour had taken up a lot of their time the past few months and Christmas will be the first holiday that they can finally settle and have a proper break together to re-energise themselves.

Compared to the rest of the members – who will be on their journey home to meet their families after their group’s dinner tonight – the two main vocals will be spending the festive holiday together, visiting each other’s hometown. They will be in the dorm till the morning of Christmas before they travel around each other’s places for the rest of the two days that they got – this year, as an official couple.

Since they will be staying over till the morning of Christmas, Woohyun suggested or rather insisted that the dorm should be decorated despite the protests of the leader. The younger even did aegyo in public just to get the decorations while Sunggyu busied himself to get the ingredients for the dinner. They even wasted their money on a small Christmas tree and the latter could only shake his head in disapproval at slash boyfriend’s antics.

They have at least 6 hours before the dinner so Sunggyu helps out with the decorations around the house. Although he groans and complains that they will not be home to see the decorations – since everyone will be away – he diligently puts it up alongside his handsome boyfriend. Even the little tree at the corner is decorated and just as he pastes the last decoration on the wall, Sunggyu realises that they still have at least another 2 to 3 hours to cook after clearing up the mess.

Slowly collecting the rubbish on the floor and cleaning the living room as he does so, Sunggyu notices that Woohyun is dragging the step ladder into the living room.

“What are you doing, we’ve already put up everything don’t we?”

“No...there are just a few more to put up.”

“What exactly might that be?” Sunggyu inquires as the black plastic of rubbish is forgotten while he crosses his hands.

“Don’t worry about it, just go help me prepare the ingredients first, I will help you once I am done.”

Sunggyu frowns but Woohyun sticks out his pinky and smiled cheekily. “I promise.”

The older man sighs before continuing his task of clearing the rubbish. This is his greasy boyfriend they are referring to, it will be unlike Woohyun if he does not put in extra effort in whatever he works on.

Sunggyu washes his hands as he wears the couple apron that Woohyun bought for him and begins washing and preparing the ingredients on his own. There are a lot to prepare for seven men and not to mention that some members have a bottomless pit in their stomach. Even a meal for twenty will not be enough for them all.

As he is done chopping and dicing the ingredients, he is unable to find the chicken that needs cleaning. He searches every plastic bag that they brought home after the shopping at the supermarket but he is still unable to find it. His last resort is to ask his boyfriend who is still not done decorating. Walking pass the clock in the dining room, Sunggyu realises that his partner has taken at least 45 minutes after he is done. What in the world is that idiot doing?

When the latter approaches the man, Woohyun tells him that he could have possibly brought it to their bedroom and Sunggyu almost had his eyes pops out of its socket. Rushing into the room, he finally finds the chicken he is looking for on the bed, where a small wet patch had formed under it. The main vocal could only roll his eyes and just as he is about to open his mouth to nag at his boyfriend, he sees a fallen leaf near the chicken.

He looks up the ceiling to notice that a few had been pasted in their bedroom as well as the living room and now that sneaky idiot is pasting them in the dining room as well. The only location left empty is the kitchen, no wonder he kept insisting that he wants the dorm to be decorated, that grease ball of a boyfriend is just taking every opportunity he can, to do him. Sunggyu exhaled in disbelief as he stomps to the entrance of their bedroom to call out his stupid boyfriend.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun!”

“Yes, my love?” the younger singsongs his reply.

“How dare you put my chicken on the bed to thaw while you are busy putting this up?” Sunggyu exclaims as he lifts up the mistletoe leaf to show his boyfriend.

Sunggyu is hoping that the younger will feel at least a little guilty for doing so and waste his money for useless ornaments as these but how wrong is he when Woohyun climbs down the step ladder and approaches him with a smirk.

“What... What are you doing?” Sunggyu flusters as he sees Woohyun nearing.

“What do you think I’m doing?” his boyfriend sniggers as he pulls the elder by the waist.

“Yah, we are supposed to be preparing din–” but his words are cut off as he feels those familiar plump lips attacks his own.

“You were saying?” Woohyun asks when he pulls back from the kiss.

Sunggyu finds himself in a daze as his face heats up. “Dinner! We are supposed to be preparing dinner, you idiot!”

 Sunggyu punches him in embarrassment as he mutters his way back to the kitchen. He hears that shameless twit laughing behind him. Just as he is about to enter the kitchen, Woohyun pulls him by the wrist.

Sunggyu turns and exclaims, “What now?”

Woohyun points to the ceiling with a smug and Sunggyu can only gape in shock as the younger man takes the chance to pull him into another kiss. The older man can only push himself away as he stomps back into the kitchen as his boyfriend laugh to his heart’s content behind him.

They continue with the dinner preparations with the constant bugging from his boyfriend to get a kiss whenever he places a completed dish at the dining table because he is under the stupid mistletoe. Other than that, the dinner managed to be done just 30 minutes before the arrival of the rest of the members.

As Sunggyu sighs in relief, he feels a tap on his shoulder. As he notices earlier that there was no mistletoe in the kitchen, so he turns to face his boyfriend up close in annoyance, only to find him pointing upwards. When he looks above his head, he sees Woohyun holding on to mistletoe with his fingers as he points to his lips for a kiss.

“You have got to be kidding me!” But all he got for a response was Woohyun puckering his lips.

Sunggyu shows his disgust at his boyfriend’s grease as he pulls the latter by his shirt and gives in to him. At the rate that the younger man is going, Sunggyu is certain that his lips will be bruised even before the night ends.