Library

Drabbles here, Drabbles there! Drabbles everywhere! ~

o1. Library



 

I love the library.

It’s my favorite place to be during break, lunch, and after school as I wait for my boyfriend.

I flip a page in my book, clearly trying to concentrate on the written text but I just couldn’t ignore the whispers around me.

                “Pshh, hey that’s Luhan-sunbae’s girlfriend right?” a girl whispers to her friend at the table across from me.

                “Really?! The school’s bookworm?” her friend exclaimed, shocked.

My nose crinkles from her sudden shriek.

                                 Just let me read in peace, please.

                “Yeah, I heard he’s only with her so that he could pass his classes,” the girl gossips.

                 “Most likely, why else would the school’s soccer captain date a nerd?” the friend snickers and the other girl follows suit.

I slam my book shut and stand up. I’m pretty sure they felt the irritation radiating from me, because less than a minute later the two scurried out of the library like mice.

                                       Aish, think whatever you’d like.

                                       Stupid rumors. You don’t even know me…

Holding my head high I walked towards the fantasy section and search for the JK Rowling books.  

I pull out all of the Harry Potter books and stack them on top of each other in my arms.

                                       Time to re-read these.

I smile to myself and turn towards the check-out area, but I immediately turn around again.

                “Yah! Bookworm!” the voice I loathe oh-so-much calls out for me.

                                          Park Minsoo.Ugh.          

I ignore the voice, continuing to browse the shelves as if I was too occupied to respond.

                “Hey Nerd! I’m talking to you!” he barks, yanking on my shoulder to turn me around. The strength he uses is over the top and I gasp as my books go tumbling on to the floor. Minsoo and his two friends laugh, finding my misery amusing.

                Sadistic assholes.

I mentally curse him for defiling these books and gently dust off the books as I pick them up. He snatches the last book from the ground before I could reach for it.

                “Harry Potter?” Minsoo snickers, “Does Miss Bookworm think she can cast spells now? What was it…expellius?”

I glare at him and purse my lips in frustration.

                “Give it back!” I was about to grab it back but Minsoo holds it up high so that I couldn’t reach. They burst out in a hyena-like laugh and I couldn’t help but feel disgusted.

                Curse my height and this giant!

I refuse to be humiliated, so I don’t try to jump for it. Instead I stand in my spot quietly seething from anger. As I’m about to almost burst into tears a hand reaches out from behind me, and snatches the book from Minsoo’s hand.

                “It’s EXPELLIARMUS, and I would really appreciate it if you didn’t pick on my girlfriend Minsoo, or else I’d have to Avada Kedavra you,” the voice warns, venom seeping out from every word. I turn my head around to see my boyfriend stare down Minsoo with such burning hate that even Katniss Everdeen’s dress couldn’t even beat. They stare, or well should I say glare, at each other for a minute before Minsoo backs off with a click of his tongue, his lackeys following along.

                “That wasn’t nice. You can’t just go threatening to Avada Kedavra people Luhan,” I frown. Luhan takes the pile of books from my arms and intertwines his free hand in mines.

                “He deserves it for always picking on you. Seriously, I think he has a crush on you or something,” he frowns at the thought.

                “Ugh, no. Please do not put such unimaginable scenarios in my head,” I close my eyes and shake out the thoughts. He smirks and gives me a peck on the lips, my cheeks flush from the sudden display of affection.

                “So…I guess we’re reading Harry Potter again for our book club?” Luhan nods towards the books in his other arm.  “The other members want something new ya’ know. We can’t just read Harry Potter again for the 3rd time this quarter!”

                I laugh and slap his shoulder, “What other members? The last time I checked, the only people in this book club was me, and someone named Xi Luhan. And from what I know of this Luhan fellow’s favorite book series is Harry Potter, so I don’t think he’d mind reading it again.”

                “Well, this Luhan fellow seems to have really good taste in books…and in girls!” he wiggles his eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes but smile.

                Other people can’t understand my love for books.

                                But Luhan does…

                                                …and besides books, he’s all I need.          

 


Author: teukany

Notes:

References-

Expelliarmus: a spell from Harry Potter to disarm one's oppent

Avada Kedavra: a killing curse from Harry Potter

Katniss Everdeen's dress from Catching Fire: