Blind Date

Blind Date
Please log in to read the full chapter

I walked into the diner, waiting for my blind date. I sighed, sitting down at the counter and ordered a coffee, looking down at my outfit. I was wearing a red plaid shirt, skinny jeans and loafers. I fixed my hair and looked at the menu before hearing the sound of coffee being poured in my cup. I looked up slightly to see a lady, smiling at me and pouring coffee in my cup. I gave her a small smile back before looking back at the menu.


"You look dressed up pretty fancy. You got a date or something?" she asked, chuckling lightly. I set the menu down and nodded.

"Yes actually. We agreed to meet here at," I looked down at my phone. 3:34 PM. "Four." I finished. She nodded and then finished pouring it, going back into the kitchen. I heard the bell ring and turned to see a guy. I sighed and looked away. 'Kris, it's too early. She won't be here yet.' my mind told me. I nodded to myself and my lips before taking a breath, inhaling the sweet scent of my coffee. I closed my eyes before opening them again and picking up the cup, taking a sip of it and feeling the warm coffee going down my throat. I swallowed and then set the cup down on the counter by me. I stared down at the menu and decided what I was going to order. I sighed before looking down at the time. 3:39. Time goes by so slowly. I heard someone take a seat next to me and turned to see a girl. I smiled at her and she smiled back but didn't say anything. I furrowed my eyebrows and then turned away from her. Couldn't be her. She would've asked if I was Kris. I took another deep breath and took another sip of the coffee, but this time a long one. I seemed to relax a bit from the warmness of the coffee and I felt a little bit less anxious. 3:50 PM. I sighed and then grinded my teeth together lightly. I hope she is going to actually show up. I heard my ring tone going off and picked up my phone. It was her. I coughed lightly before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey... Kris?" she asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah?"

"I know I said I wasn't going to be working today but I got called in last minute and I have to go or I might lose my job because one of my co-workers got sick and they need a replacement. I can't make it to the date. I'm so sorry." she sounded worried. I felt myself grow softer when I heard how worried she sounded. I nodded to myself.<

Please log in to read the full chapter