That Morning

Christmas Morning

Your eyes shot open and darted to the alarm clock sitting next to the bed. It was only 6 A.M., but you couldn’t wait any longer. It was Christmas morning and although you didn’t want to wake up your boyfriend, Seunghyun, you just couldn’t close your eyes again.

 

Oppa,” you whined softly, rocking Seunghyun back and forth “it’s Christmas morning, so we need to get up and open presents!”

 

A low groan escaped from Seunghyun’s mouth and his nose crinkled before his eyes fluttered open. His arms s around your waist, pulling you down and holding you tight enough to make sure you didn’t escape but not enough to hurt you. Your face was nuzzled into the crook of his neck and you kissed him lightly.

 

“A good present for Oppa would be sleep, it’s only six.” Seunghyun said in a stern tone, but you could hear the amusement in his voice.

 

When his arms loosened, you pulled away from him and grabbed his arms to pull him out of bed. You knew that Seunghyun allowed you to pull him because there was no way you were strong enough to pull him in one try, but you didn’t complain and instead stuck your tongue out teasingly at him. Without a minute to waste, you pulled him to the living room and sat on the floor near the tree while Seungyun took a seat on the couch. Despite the fact that you two were adults, you were still happy with the turnout of presents under the tree even if there weren’t many. The whole time you eyed the presents you could feel Seunghyun’s gaze on you.

 

You reached your hand out reaching for the closest present to you before Seunghyun’s deep voice stopped your actions, “No, not that one jagiya.”

 

With a tilted head you turned around to look at him and furrowed your brows. His gaze set on an area behind the tree, so you followed it, revealing a small rectangular box wrapped beautifully with a huge bow on it. Your eyes widened in surprise and you crawled over to collect the small box. When you held the box in your hand, you couldn’t help but admire every inch of it with your mouth in an “O” shape. In the background, you could hear Seunghyun’s soft chuckle. You got off of the floor and walked over to him, sitting on his lap.

 

“Is this for me?” you asked him curiously, still looking at the box.

 

He nodded his head in amusement, nudging you softly to encourage you to open the box. With your hands shaking, you unwrapped the wrapping paper carefully, revieling a black box. Your heart began to race, so you quickly opened the box. Once you saw what was inside, your arms quickly wrapped around Seunghyun.

 

“It’s so beautiful,” you whispered against him as you felt him take the box from you “I can’t believe you got this for me.”

 

When you pulled away, Seunghyun placed the necklace around your neck and secured it in place.

 

“It looks even more beautiful on you.” He said with a small grin on his face.

 

Your hands rested on his shoulders and your lips found his to give them a gentle kiss. Seunghyun smiled against your kiss before pulling away to nuzzle his nose against yours.


“I love you Seunghyun” You whispered softly against him. It was the best Christmas you’d had in years.