New Life

Le Commencement de la Fin

Day 1:

Luhan told me to keep this dumb diary in case we got separated and he needed to know what happened to me. He said he'll do the same too. I think that's stupid since I'll never leave him, but I'll do whatever makes him happy. I'm nine months pregnant now, so I'm in no mood to argue anyway. My hand is getting tired just writing this now. I hope this is enough for you, Luhan.

~Ira

I shut the diary and looked up at Ira from across the room, snickering. She was so stubborn and passive aggressive sometimes. But that was part of what made me love her so much.

"What are you laughing at, baby face?" Ira asked, raising an eyebrow at me. 

"You," I said, smiling.

"It's hardly fair to laugh at a pregnant woman." She tried to glare at me, but seemed to ultimately decide that that was too much effort.

"If you didn't want to write the diary, you could've just told me." I smiled again, standing up to sit on the edge of her bed.

"Liar. You would have insisted until I passed out from grief." Ira laughed.

"That's probably true." I laughed along with her.

I watched her beautiful face which was covered in a glistening layer of sweat. I couldn't even imagine how much stress was on Ira right now with her father missing and her baby days away. She was so strong and so beautiful it was a miracle that she chose to be with me. We had grown up together, seen each other be the strangest of children, fought through our teenage years together, and now spent a millennia in our twenties together. 

"Do I have ink on my face?" Ira asked, patting my face weakly.

"Huh? No." I shook my head, blinking a few times.

"You were staring at me strangely," she said, tawny yellow eyes searching mine.

"Just admiring how beautiful you are." I sighed, taking the rag on her nightstand and wiping her face with it.

"Don't lie to me. I know I look like I've been dragged through hell. I certainly smell like it." Ira scrunched up her nose in the way that I loved in mock distaste.

"You're beautiful to anyway." I smiled brightly.

Ira smiled back, but her face suddenly paled. Pain filled her eyes as they darkened and she shot up straight.

"Ciara!" She screeched. "Ciara! Lay!"

"Ira, what's wrong?" I asked, flustered. I stood up from my chair, knocking it over and flitted around her room in panic.

"The baby's coming!" She screamed in pain as Ciara and Lay burst through the door.

Ciara and Lay nodded at each other as if they had been prepared for this for centuries. They immediately began to work on Ira as she screamed in pain. I hovered over her bed, worried, despite Ciara's attempts to shoo me. As time ticked on, I became more and more restless. Ira's screams had stopped now thanks to whatever Lay was doing, but I still couldn't see anything that was happening. I bit my lip in anticipation and paced as I wrung my hands.

"It's a girl," Ciara finally said as a cry split the air.

"Let me see her!" I cried, jumping forward.

"Luhan, let us clean her up first. You can wait with Ira and we'll bring her in, okay?" Lay held my shoulder firmly as Ciara walked out with the baby.

I nodded reluctantly and picked up my chair to sit by Ira once more. She was breathing hard with her eyes closed, but I knew she was awake. The sheen of sweat that covered her forehead seemed almost unbearable, so I made myself busy wiping her face with a damp rag. She moaned something of a 'thank you' between parched lips, but I urged her to stay quiet. We sat there in silence, yet it was comfortable. It almost scared me how much I loved this woman. She was so strong, so fierce, yet so soft and so gentle.

"Here she is." Ciara burst through the door with a huge smile, carrying a bundle in her arms.

"Marina..." Ira sighed as she reached out to hold our child.

"Marina is a good name." I nodded, standing over the two of them with tears in my eyes.

"Mari for short." Ira looked up at me, her golden eyes filled with tears of joy.

"It's perfect." I laughed, letting my tears spill as I kissed Ira on the forehead.

"You should rest, Ira. Get some sleep and I'll see that Mari gets some sleep," Ciara said softly.

"Thank you." Ira nodded in gratitude, handing Marina over to her.

Almost immediately, Ira fell asleep. With all the excitement of having a daughter, though, I couldn't sleep. I sat there, staring at Ira's beautiful face, and thought about being a father. It was scary since I had no clue how to, but I loved an adventure. This was going to be like all the other adventures Ira and I had before she became queen. It would have its ups and downs, but in the end it would be the most fun we had had.

I smiled as I thought of our past and how I came to love Ira. She had the most beautiful golden hair that framed her face beautifully and cascaded down her back when she wore it down. Her eyes were entrancing with their yellow color that always reflected her mood in how dark they were. She had full lips that made me want to kiss her every time I looked at them. And she had the most flawless skin with a sprinkling of freckles on her nose that bunched together when she scrunched her nose up.

"Mhm, Luhan? You're here?" Ira mumbled through sleep-misted eyes. 

"Yes," I said, glancing at the clock. I hadn't realized that I had been sitting there for four hours.

"Silly." She shook her head, smiling sleepily.

"Will you marry me?" I blurted out.

"Will I marry you? Luhan I'm too sleepy for jokes." Ira smacked my leg closest to her weakly.

"I'm not joking. I love you and I want to make that love permanent. Will you marry me?" I asked again, kneeling down on one knee now.

"Of course I'll marry you, baby face." She mumbled, a little more alert now.

"I may not have a ring now, but I promise I will. I'm not the perfect man, but I promise you I will love you for-" I rambled before Ira cut me off with her lips.

"Shut up and marry me."