Forget-me-not

Monkey ❤ Fishy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forgive me, I only found out just now that brunette is a term used for females with brown hair; for guys it's spelt brunet... Oh well let's just pretend I found out nothing today XDD

 

 

The light fragrance of forget-me-nots in the bedroom aroused the raven-haired male, causing him to stir in his boyfriend’s arms. A grunt and a groan resounded from said boyfriend when he felt the male shifting in his arms, and he lazily opened his left eye to see shiny, sparkly eyes greeting him first thing in the morning. Thin lips planted themselves on fuller ones, pecking away softly as the first male tried getting the other to wake up. The brunet scrunched his eyes up at the kissing attack and lifted a knuckle to rub the remaining sleepy sand from his eyes before a grin graced his plump lips. He captured the thin chocolatey lips and delved further into the kiss, the other party giggling softly when he was pushed back against the mattress and his boyfriend hovered over him, eyes closed, lips never parting from each other.

The brunet finally let go of the thin lips and nosed his way towards his boyfriend’s ear while fingers began playing with his messy bed-hair. The sensation tickled him and caused him to let out quick, short breaths against the younger’s bare neck, stimulating goosebumps to appear on the golden tanned skin of his boyfriend’s neck.

“Good morning, Hyukkie,” the younger greeted with a soft smile, running loving fingers through brown strands. “How was your sleep?”

Hyukjae swore Donghae was glowing in the morning sun and he couldn’t resist swooping down to plant another kiss on his lips. “Perfect as always, whenever you’re sleeping just next to me,” he answered, inhaling the younger’s musky scent intermixed with the forget-me-nots, etching the smell into memory because that was what he loved waking up to the most, each and every morning. He rested a hand on Donghae’s waist and rubbed circles there, whilst the latter pulled Hyukjae’s head in for another deep and passionate kiss. A few whines later, Hyukjae was slipping his hand into Donghae’s pants for a quick morning workout, their pleasured moans and gasps echoing throughout the walls of their bedroom as each reached their completion and fell back against each other on the bed with silly grins painted on their faces.

 

* * *

 

“Bacon or ham?”

“Bacon.”

“Aww, I wanted the bacon. You have the ham instead.”

“Then why did you even bother asking me?”

 

Donghae nudged the other playfully as he skillfully dumped slices of ham onto Hyukjae’s plate from the sizzling pan. Grabbing some toast, Hyukjae began piling up the ham into a sandwich and took a huge bite from it before exclaiming in pain from the scalding meat. The younger shook his head in amusement before passing the napkins to him, gently scolding him for wolfing down his food before it cooled. Hyukjae stuck his burnt tongue out like a dog, giving his boyfriend the most pitiful expression he could come up with and making him laugh.

These were moments Hyukjae cherished the most, knowing that Donghae’s condition made him unstable sometimes. He learned to appreciate everything about his raven-haired younger boyfriend, who had been forced to quit his job as a reporter after that horrible accident. He was the sole breadwinner of the house for some time before the younger protested, claiming he was perfectly fine to go to work like any regular person. The doctors had said that Donghae would never recover a hundred percent from his condition, and therefore was rather unstable, or as the doctors had put it, ‘unpredictable’, and might relapse anytime, anywhere. Therefore Hyukjae only allowed his boyfriend to work from home, and took precaution to make sure that Donghae wouldn’t relapse. Donghae never complained after that, finding interest in his new job as an online editor.

“Hyukkie, if you don’t finish your breakfast now you’ll be terribly late for work.”

Hyukjae pouted and pursed his lips. “You’re chasing me out of the house?”

Donghae laughed as he piled the dirty dishes together, leaving only the brunet’s plate untouched. “Yes, I am, because I don’t want you to get into more trouble with your boss again. Hurry up now; chop chop.”

“Alright, mom.”

 

* * *

 

“Now remember, don’t just simply leave the house, okay? I don’t want you to get lost in the streets. If you need anything do not hesitate to call me. Understand?”

Donghae rolled his eyes and literally pushed Hyukjae out of the house with his briefcase in hand. “Yeah, yeah, I get it Hyukkie, and don’t simply talk to strangers,” he joked, pressing their lips together briefly and making his boyfriend frown for a moment before slipping into the car.

“I’m serious, Hae. Stay in the house always, okay? Promise?”

“I promise,” the younger sighed. “Now go. Shoo. Scram. Vamoose.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

 

* * *

 

Donghae closed the door behind him after bidding his brunet boyfriend goodbye, remembering to lock it well. He then started with his daily chores, picking up things and putting them back in order, vacuuming and mopping the floor, doing dishes and polishing furniture until the entire house sparkled. He also didn’t forget to change the water in the vases situated throughout the house lest the pretty blue flowers wilted too early. Then Hyukjae would have to get more and he knew they were quite hard to find during the off-season.

After a good two hours of housework, Donghae settled down on his desk and opened up his laptop to see what work was awaiting him. He found a couple of articles and journals requiring editing in his emails from his boss, and happily started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter