Miracles In December

Miracles In December

~Wo wang yan yu chuan

kan wo kan bu dao de ni

wo ce er qing ting

ting wo ting bu dao de ni~

     *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
It's Christmas Eve. I start my morning like any other morning. I get up fix some breakfast maybe read the newspaper or something. Then head off to the work. Once I get off to work however instead of going home I'm making a trip to the hospital. I mean it's nothing new. I've been visiting the hospital everyday after work for the past 2months now. Why? Well it's complicated but to put it simply the love of my life and my boyfriend for 3 years has been hospitalized for the past 2 months with a illness that happened actually out of nowhere. One day we were just walking in the park and then he had collapsed. The doctors say that he has a weak heart and that until they figure out everything they can do to help him he has to stay in the hospital. I honestly had hoped that he would get out for Christmas. We never were apart and no matter if I had a stack load of work papers that needed to be turned in the next day I would put it all aside so that we could spend Christmas together. So i was sad as I looked at my calendar to see that today was Christmas Eve the day before Christmas. And unless there was some miracle to happen in the next 24 hours this would be the first Christmas we wouldn't get to spend together.
I checked my watch for the time. My time to get off of work was now. Turning in all my complete files, I stepped out of the glass doors and headed straight to the hospital where I could see kyungsoo.
 
     *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
 
"Jongin!"
"Hey babe." I said smiling at kyungsoo as I bent down to hug him. 
"I missed you." He said cupping my face into his hands as he pressed his lips to mine.
"I missed you too...I've been thinking about you all day." I replied kissing his nose.
"The hospital is Lonley without you here.."
"Well I'm here now.. And look" I said showing him the paper bag I had also brought with me."I brought your favorite."
"Oh thanks so much...how did I get such a caring boyfriend."
I chuckled at the compliment as I opened up his favorite meal. 
"Do you want me to feed you?"
"Jongin I'm not 3."
"Ok ok." I handed him his spoon and sat in the chair beside his hospital bed. I looked down only for a second to grab his coca cola when I herd the clatter of silverware hit the table. My eyes darted to kyungsoo who was grabbing his hand. It was shaking. Taking his hand in mine I scooted close to his bed.
"Kyungsoo are you ok?"
He let out a shaky laugh. "Ye-yeah I'm fine my hands just get stiff sometimes..."
"Here.." I picked up his spoon he had dropped and scooped some food on it.
"Ah-hae."
"Aigoo are you really going to do that?"
"Ah-" he opened up his mouth letting out a egsagerated ah as I scooped the food into his mouth.
"So have you herd anything new from the doctors?" I asked alittle eager. I wanted to know if they had found any improvements for his condition. He shook his head while chewing the contents in his mouth.
"Nope there still figuring out whether to give me surgery or not."
"Do you even know what exactley wrong with you?"
"Something about my heart, they say it's weak and I might need open heart surgery, hence the reason there trying to figure out if they can and if the conditions are serious enough.
"Oh." I looked at kyungsoo in the eyes and I saw the pain deep within his eyes. It really hurt me to know the condition he was in. 
"I wish there was something I could do babe.."
Kyungsoo grabbed my hand and held it tightly as he held it against his face.
"Jongin you being here with me is enough, that's all I need." He murmured as he placed a gentle kiss on my palm. After feeding kyungsoo a bit more the nurse came in to check on him. 
"Hello, I don't mean to interrupt but visiting time is almost up."
"Ohkay thank you I'll be out soon."
"Thank you for your understanding." With a bow the nurse turned to walk to another patients room. As I packed up my things to leave I herd kyungsoo let out a sad sigh. 
"I wish you didn't have to go."
"Me too kyungsoo."
"I wish I could spend Christmas with you."
I walked up to him gently caressed his face causing him to lean in to the touch. 
"I know but we can't help it you have to stay here..."
"I don't have to..."
"If you want to live you do."
"No I don't if they would let me just have Christmas id come right back.."
"But you know you can't do that baby your basically on life support."
"I could take a portable one for home."
"You just won't give up will you.."
"I just want to spend Christmas with you in our home together peacefully."
"We can still have Christmas I'll just bring your presents here and-"
"No! It won't be the same. Besides spending your Christmas in a hospital, kind of a downer don't you think?"
"I suppose but if not that then what other solution is there."
He looked up at me with desperation in his gaze.
"Let me come home.."
"That's not an option kyungsoo."
He leaned back in the bed in defeat wrapping himself in his covers turning away from me.
"Kyungsoo don't be this way you know if I knew for sure you would be ok and healthy I would carry you home myself-"
"I understand bye."
"I just want to make sure that you get better..." When he didn't reply back I just sighed in disappointment. As I turned to leave.
"I love you kyungsoo."
 
      *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
11:30 30 more minutes and it would be Christmas Day. I sat on the couch looking at the Christmas tree we had set up in a months advance because we were like that. If there was one holiday we loved the most it was Christmas. I was not however enjoying this at all. I was alone and I was feeling guilty because of the argument kyungsoo and I had earlier. I couldn't let him be mad at me on this day so I decided that I guess I could get everything situated to where he could come home just for Christmas. I walked over to the tree and grabbed a small square box I had wrapped earlier today for kyungsoo. It was a ring that had his name and mine and the date we got together engraved on it. This was really expensive like 500,000won expensive but it was worth it to show him how much he means to me. Bringing this to him probably would get him in a better mood. I walked out to my car and rode off to the hospital. 
 
      *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
11:40pm 
"Yes I'm here to visit kyungsoo."
"I'm sorry sir but visiting hours are over."
"Well I just want to give him a present and I also wanted to see if there was a way he could be checked out for Christmas.
"Ok you may go in for a minute..and I'm not sure I'd have to ask his doctor."
I nodded and bowed before walking off to kyungsoo's room. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Once my eyes locked with the bed my mouth gaped with complete shock. I slung the door open running over to his bed. There where kyungsoo should be laying down resting was now an empty hospital bed. Oh no had kyungsoo left??? And why have none of the doctors or nurses not noticed? Can they not even do there jobs right? I darted out of the room to ask the nurse. 
"Where's kyungsoo?? "
"He's in his room of course."
"No he's not!"
"What????"
"He isn't in his room. Where is he??? He can't be off life support!"
"He said he was going to the bathroom I'm sure he would be back in his room by now."
I ran to the bathroom and no luck all the stalls were empty. But As my gaze rested on the bathroom window I stared in horror at the reality of this. I flew out of the bathroom and exited the hospital ignoring the nurses question and the doctors complaints about being so noisy.
 
       *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚*'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
11:50
I frantically was driving around all the places near the hospital trying to spot kyungsoo. When I reached town square I automatically spotted him by his small body brown ruffled hair and the hospital gown he was still wearing. I got out of my car as fast as I could. 
"Kyungsoo!!" I yelled at him as I ran to him his present still grasped tightly in my hand. He whirled around and smiled a tired smile as he walked slowly to me. Halfway toward him he collapsed, I darted after him catching him in my arms just as he was about to fall on the ground. 
"Kyungsoo are you crazy???  It's freezing out here and it's snowing."
"I-I wanted to come home.."
"You know you can't be off life support."
"What's that?" He said gazing at the ribboned box in my hand.
"It's your Christmas present..." I opened up the box revealing the shinning silver ring with our names on it. He stared at it with glassy eyes as I slid it onto his ring finger.
"Perfect fit.."
"It's beautiful thank you Jong-" he was cut off by the fit of coughing that he started to have coughing uncontrollably. when he had stopped there was specks of blood on his cheek and lips.
"Kyungsoo we need to get you back to the hospital right now."
"Wa-wait look..." I turned to where he was pointing at the big Christmas tree that was put up in town square. Above it showed a clock counting down the time until Christmas. The clock read 12:00...it was Christmas. I looked down at kyungsoo who was smiling at me with glazed over eyes.
"I-I got to...spend Christmas with you...it's a miracle."
"Kyungsoo wake up-keep your eyes open."
"I-love you so much."
Kyungsoo!! Please I can't loose you." Tears started to well in my eyes. I stared at kyungsoo as he grabbed my hand to place it on his slowing heart. 
"Jongin my love.. Yo-you are always in my heart....I love you. never forget our times together. Merry Christmas...." His eyes slowly closed shut and I kept my hand on his heart until the faint beating had come to a stop. My eyes widened as I pulled him up to me.
"No! No! Kyungsoo you can't die! I need you!"
I sobbed into kyungsoo's lifeless body as I herd the faint ringing of ambulance sirens ringing in my ears. 
"No-no no this can't happen." I sobbed reapedly as the ambulance people tried to part me from kyungsoo's body. I got up crying into my hands as they layed him onto a gurnny covering his body with a sheet. 
I watched with blurry eyes as the ambulance drove away it's sirens blaring but I only herd it a faint ringing. I stared off at the departing ambulance as they took my kyungsoo away. Ahead in the distance I saw a shinning object in the snow ahead of me. Walking over I knelt down and my heart broke into pieces and I couldn't hold in my tears. In my palm was the silver ring with our names and the date we became one laying in my hand. 
"Your always in my heart too kyungsoo...forever.."
I closed my hand putting it up to my heart as the tears came flowing down. The pain in my heart knowing I wouldn't be able to spend another moment with kyungsoo was unbearable. This was not the miracle I wanted if it ment not being able to have kyungsoo by my side again. He just wanted to be able to spend Christmas together, but I wanted him alive and healthy and I couldn't even manage that. There was no miracle this year in December at exactley 12:10. Only my broken heart dieing to have him back in my arms. But now he would only be a memory left in my heart. 
 
~Ba shi jian dong jie, 
Hui dao ni shen bian
Na hui yi de shu 
Fan hui guo qu na yi ye
Na yi ye de ni wo~
 
~*~
Ahhhhh!!!! I know everyone's going to hate me for making kyungsoo die! I'm sorry ㅠ_ㅠ
Please feel free to comment and tell me how much you hate me for letting precious kyungsoo die go on but on a serious note I still hope you liked it and comment your feelings I want to know how you reacted to my story<3 thank you.!