Owner of a Lonely Heart

Owner of a Lonely Heart

“I always trust my dreams because they never fail me…”

 

“So how was your night? Did you enjoy the blind date?” Jessica asked Sooyoung the moment she arrived at their office. Their cubicles are side by side allowing her to peek over her tall friend.

“I left earlier. I got bored listening to all his nonsense talks,” Sooyoung gave her friend a deadpanned expression putting down her Starbucks Frappuccino.

“What? You left earlier? Soo! He’s a catch already! Why waste it?” Jessica rolled her swivel chair near her, almost pushing their chair furthermore.

“He could be a catch, but I don’t want to be married to someone who only thinks of lifting his ego and boast about every bit of perfection he think he has.”

Jessica crossed her arms, “I might strangle that diva boyfriend of mine. He said he is the perfect one for you.”

 

Sooyoung smiled at her friend’s expression. Though they had been friends since God knows when, she never realized that her friend will fall for someone as diva as Heechul. Fate is really tricky as what they often tell her.

 

“So did you have any dream again? About me and my boyfriend?” Jessica changed the topic, looking expectantly at her bestfriend.

“About you and Heechul? We’ll I haven’t had any dream about you guys recently,” she gave an apologetic smile.

“Aw, I was expecting you to finally dream of seeing me walk on the aisle with my diva boyfriend,” Jessica pouted.

“But I had a strange dream instead,” Sooyoung grabbed her workload from yesterday piled up on the left side of her table.

Jessica had her eyes like ‘Really?’ and made those blinking like she can’t wait for her bestfriend to spill it all to her.

 

Sooyoung chuckled, “It was on a garden perhaps because everything is green. There are grasses and trees and all. Then, he is sitting on the edge of probably a bench and had his back on me,” she looked at her friend.

“Is he handsome?” Jessica asked, giving her friend a sly look.

“I don’t know, but I am sure he is tall. That’s all I can be sure of. He is wearing all white, his pants and coat with dirty blonde hair. He even talked to me.”

“Really? What did he tell you?”

“Something like ‘Sooyoung stay with me for a while.’ Something like that,” she looked at her bestfriend who is so absorbed on her tale.

“Woah! Then I think he will be the one to save that beautiful food-loving lonely heart of yours!” Jessica squealed and clapped her hands drawing attention.

 

“So this is what the two of you do early in the morning?”

Both ladies looked up to see their Unit Head looking at them. Mrs. Myun crossed her arms eyeing the two. “Starbucks Frappuccino in the morning?” she eyed the coffee on Sooyoung’s table.

Jessica apologized and rolled her chair back to her table as Sooyoung proceeds on working at her table.

 

Weird as it may sound but all of Sooyoung dreams always come true especially if it involves her and some close people around her own circle. She had dreamed that she will work with Jessica when they graduated in college and here they are; working together.

She even dreamed about Heechul and Jessica ending up together and they really did. She dreamed that she will be set up on various blind dates and it really did happen.

Some dreams of her are scary especially if it occurs on her nap time. One of those scary dreams was about her mother and father leaving abroad. Right after she woke up, her sister called telling her that their parents will really leave.

 

That’s also the reason why she would not allow herself to get into relationship. She believes that her future husband, whoever he may be, will visit her in her dreams. Her colleagues think she is crazy and all behind her back, but she doesn’t care about it. She has her own philosophy in life and she doesn’t care if they don’t like it. After all, she does not exist in this world to please anyone.

 

“I would like to inform all of you earlier today about the new Unit Head who will replace me,” Mrs. Myun announced in the middle of their office after reprimanding the two ladies.

“Mrs. Myun, are you retiring?” one of the employee asked, humoring the whole office.

“Ask that again and you will see your things outside the building,” Mrs. Myun replied although a smile was tugged on her lips.

“As I was saying, I will be promoted so I will be leaving this place and I am not expecting any of you to miss me and I will not miss you too,” she looked around.

Everyone laughed at her statement. True that she will leave but she had been a very good leader on their department.

 

“Mrs. Myun, when will he or she arrive? The one who will replace you?” another employee asked.

They are just around fifteen in their unit excluding the Unit Head.

“Probably next week, on Monday to start properly,” she replied.

“You really don’t have any idea who is that person?” Jessica asked.

“All I know is that he will replace me,” she looked at Jessica.

The mere mention of ‘he’ made the girls giggle.

“What’s with the giggling? I am not telling that that person is really a guy, so quit that giggling. Oh, how I hope it will be someone more strict than our president,” she rolled her eyes.

There were protests around the office. She hushed them and made them go back to their work.

 

“I wonder how that person looks like.” Jessica mumbled out loud.

“You already have Heechul so quit thinking of ever hitting on him if it happens to be a guy,” Sooyoung gave her friend a threatening look.

“Why would I think about that? I am thinking of setting him up on you if it happens to be a guy,” Jessica made a face at her friend before going back to her work.

 

Sooyoung sighed, a smile making it way on her lips. Maybe someone would think how she ends up being Jessica’s bestfriend but that is something she is proud of. For her, it’s not about the looks and status or such. Just a shoulder she can rely on and someone that would support her no matter how stupid her ideas were is already the one she needs to survive even though she has no boyfriend or lover or any commitment.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Days rolled by like a wheel on a fast track. Everyone in their office is eager and agitated at the same time. Sooyoung had her usual bright smile as she went to her cubicle. Jessica is early as always and busy checking herself on the mirror.

“Jess, I already warned you,” she eyed her friend on the adjacent table.

“Oh quit that nagging! I am checking myself because Heechul will drop by here later to give me something,” she looked at her tall bestfriend.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she puts her coat atop her table. Her office phone suddenly rang, “Hello?” she picked it up.

“Come in here at my office. I’ll have to give you something before I finally vacate this place,” Mrs. Myun replied on the other line.

“Oh, yes Mrs. Myun. I also need your signature for the last time on the documents you gave me last week to work on. I’ll be there in a minute,” she replied and puts down the phone.

“Saying tearful goodbyes with Mrs. Myun?” Jessica laughed as Sooyoung picks up the folder she was referring to.

“Whatever Mrs. Kim Jessica,” she rolled her eyes as her bestfriend made some giggling sound.

 

Mrs. Myun’s office is located at the end of the hallway with foggy glass walls. She knocked slightly before opening it. She was surprised to see a man in black suit leaning by the table, holding a paper. Her breath got caught in at the sight of the gorgeous guy.

He is tall, dirty blonde hair, perfect nose, small pinkish lips and just as handsome as how she envisions her prince charming to look like.

‘A god who descended down from Mt. Olympus,’ she thought, caught up on looking at the guy. She just had half of her body inside the office.

 

“Are you done Ms. Choi?” Mrs. Myun asked from the door on the right.

The guy looked at her making her gasp and blush at the same time. She bowed her head in apology.

“Where are the papers?” she asked as Sooyoung hurried over to hand her the folder. As Mrs. Myun was checking on it, she felt someone looking at her. She doesn’t want to assume but when she spare the guy a look, she caught him looking at her spreading a blush on her chubby cheeks.

 

When Mrs. Myun was done, she introduced Sooyoung on the guy.

“He will be the one to replace me. He is Mister Kris Wu, from our company branch in China. You can already inform the ladies that he is good looking and single.”

“Mrs. Myun!” Sooyoung protested making her blush for the third time already.

Kris let out a chuckle, “And you are?” he asked making her look at him.

She smiled, “Choi Sooyoung,” she bowed her head.

“I like her because she never gets intimidated by the looks. I always send her to meet those young bachelors who want to see me for some business matters whenever I need to attend to some meetings. Some girls gets carried away by the looks and even forgets their purpose in going there,” she patted the lady’ shoulder.

Kris gave an approving nod. Sooyoung excused herself after Mrs. Myun handed her a mug with the inscriptions, ‘Get a Lovelife Youngie!’

 

Although Mrs. Myun happened to be a strict one, she got fond of Sooyoung for some reason, treating her as her little sister. But that is also the same as working twice her load. That’s how Mrs. Myun shows her love for her.

 

When she got back to her table, Heechul is occupying it already and acting mushy and sweet with her girlfriend.

“So, I can see a trespasser in here,” she crossed her arms.

“Soo! You’ve grown a bit taller today!” Heechul grinned at her.

“That doesn’t change the fact that you are trespassing and corrupting my best friend’s working hours and this is not even your department,” she replied instead.

“You are so mean! No wonder no one wants to date you,” Heechul pouted at her.

“Because you happen to set me up on guys who have a head like the hot air balloon,” she replied taking her seat.

“Baby, do you know that Sooyoung dreamed about a guy?” Jessica changed the topic.

“Really? Well, how did it go? Is he handsome like me? Dashing? Come on! Spill a bit Sooyoung!” Heechul shook her.

 

She was to reply when Mrs. Myun’s voice caught all of their attention causing Heechul to duck himself. Everyone looked at her and on the tall guy standing beside her.

“Listen here everyone! I want you to meet your new Unit Head, Mister Kris,” she introduced.

The giggles from the girls were so relevant, even Jessica squealed making Heechul peep up from the table.

“Good morning! I am Kris Wu, you’re new Unit Head. I hope we get along well,” he bowed.

There was applause from the employees.

 

After that introduction, everyone can’t seem to settle down about the new Unit Head.

“Sooyoung, I want you to watch over my girlfriend,” Heechul eyed Jessica.

“You don’t have to worry about it,” she replied doing the same.

“Oh, quit that will you? I would not do such thing!” Jessica pouted at the two which made them laugh.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

It was Wednesday, which made Sooyoung feel great. She always have her whole afternoon free since she had been granted of that privilege because of her diligence, but she cannot go home not until four so she always stay at the back of the building where an abandoned garden is located.

She always stays there to relieve her stress. With her iPod and Starbucks Frappuccino, she sat on the lone bench there enjoying the peaceful surrounding. She slowly closed her eyes while letting the soft music release her stress.

 

She got absorbed on listening that she did not notice someone sitting beside her. She was just startled when she reached for her Frappuccino because she felt a hand holding it at the same time. She whipped her head to see Kris looking surprised as well.

Both retrieved their hands and apologized simultaneously. The awkward atmosphere made both of them laugh in the end.

“I’m sorry,” Kris apologized again, “I have mine here,” he picked his on the opposite side.

“You like Frappuccino also?” she asked, removing her earphones.

“Yeah, but I like Bubble tea more,” he smiled.

She gave a shy smile bowing her head.

 

He watched the lady beside him blush. Something about her made him smile. She is actually beautiful, no denying it. Her brown locks fall perfectly on her shoulder. Her lashes were long framing those brown orbs. Chubby cheeks to go with her long nose. Then he remembers what Mrs. Myun said about her when she already left the office.

 

“She never had any commitment or such. She is beautiful but I’m wondering why she would not accept any courting…”

 

“I heard you never had any boyfriend,” he initiated the conversation.

“Well,” she started tucking her hair behind her ears, “I don’t think I have met yet the perfect one for me.”

“You still believe in that?”

She looked at him, “Kind of. Weird right?”

“Yeah, it may sound like that but with that beauty, why would you not accept any courting or try to experience it,” he replied.

“Have you ever experienced of seeing your dreams come true? I mean dreams you have when you are sleeping?” she asked instead.

“Nope, why do you ask?”

“Because I always do. They always happen like I foresee it to happen in my dreams.”

 

There was silence. The soft wind blew on them as the leaves and the grasses sways on it. The setting sun finally shines on them. She stood up, “I’ll go ahead. Thanks for the company,” she bowed before leaving him.

She barely moved a meter away when he called her, “Sooyoung.”

She turned her head, ‘Déjà vu,’ she thought when she looked at him.

 

It’s exactly like in her dreams. The guy is all white, and Kris is wearing all white too. The same dirty blonde hair and had the same position. He had his back on her. The sun shines on him making him glow as it reflects on his dress. The difference is that he turned his head to look at her. With the exact voice and words in her dreams, he made it come to reality.

 

“Sooyoung, stay with me for a while,” he requested.

That very statement made her heart hammer wildly in her chest as tries to register what’s happening in her mind. It took her a while to give a small ‘yes’ and returns on her position a while ago. Everything is whirling inside her head as she casts one look at the guy beside her.

 

‘Is he the one?’ she thought watching Kris close his eyes as the wind slowly caress both of them.

 

______________

 

It has been two months since Kris resumed on his position as the new Unit Head of Sooyoung’s department. Since that afternoon too, the same event had been replaying in her dreams making her memorize the very incident by heart.

 

Every Wednesday, they would always meet on the same abandoned garden at the back of the building, talk about office works and their everyday live while drinking Starbucks Frappuccino. She came to know more about him, same with him.

 

Unknown to her knowledge, he had been watching her every move whenever they would be in there. The little detail of her every move somehow seems to matter for him. The change in her expression would always send him to worry if ever he mentions something bad or such. But it will eventually fade if she would break into fits of laughter telling him that she is just joking. Her laughter would make him sleepless for nights as he anticipates for their next getaway on that garden. Hate to admit it but he is somehow attached to the girl already.

 

 

It was lunch time during their regular office days. Sooyoung and Jessica had been talking about their other officemates who were very much annoying according to the blonde one.

“Hello ladies!” Heechul greeted them as he sits beside his girlfriend.

“I like the way the two of you looks while wearing that wedding outfits, especially you Jess. The gown is really breathtaking,” Sooyoung grinned at the couple in front of her.

“What do you mean?” Jessica threw her bestfriend a look.

“Heechul haven’t said anything?” Sooyoung eyed Heechul instead.

Heechul sighed, “What a spoiler you are Soo. I hate you for that matter and even those dreams of yours.”

 

Jessica looked at the two, wondering what they are talking about.

“Oppa, what is she talking about?” she pouted at her boyfriend.

“It’s supposed to be tonight but I guess I have to remove that part. It will not sound anywhere near romantic so here it is,” Heechul looked at his girlfriend squarely.

“We have been together for five years so how about settling down for real?” he pulled out a ring box, showing it to the flabbergasted Jessica.

 

It probably took a while before she cried and gave her boyfriend a hug, sobbing her ‘yes’. Sooyoung smiled at the display of love in front of her. While she is watching the two, somewhere in her peripheral vision, she caught Kris looking at her. When she checked him, he gave her a smile and a wink making the girl blush. She acknowledged it by giving him a smile in return.

 

“Why are you blushing?” Heechul turned his head and saw the tall girl’s object of affection.

“Are the two of you going out already?” Jessica asked after recovering from shock brought by the proposal.

“Nope, we are just friends and happen to hang out on the same place,” she smiled.

“That smile of yours tells otherwise. Come on! Spill it or you would not be our maid of honor,” Jessica threatened but with a smile on her face.

“I have this dream recently after that one which shows your wedding,” Sooyoung tried to change the topic which proved to be effective since the couple got all ears already.

 

“I was standing on by the window, arranging daisies on a flower pot. From the way it looks and smell, it looks like I am in a hospital. Then someone gave me a back hug-“

“Is he handsome?” Jessica blurted earning a glare from her boyfriend.

“Maybe I might fail your dream Sooyoung for now,” Heechul looked at Sooyoung.

“Oppa!” Jessica pouted, wrapping her arms at her boyfriend’s arm.

“Would you want me to continue or I’ll just watch the two of you get sweet and everything?” Sooyoung crossed her arms.

The couple gave an apologetic look and motioned her to proceed.

“As I was saying, someone gave me a back hug. From the way the arms look like, it’s a patient since it is wearing the patient’s uniform. Then it’s followed by a muffled whisper since it’s leaning on my shoulder,” she casts a look on the couple.

“What’s the whispered words?” Heechul asked as Jessica blinked her eyes in eagerness.

“Sooyoung, stay with me for the day, was all he whispered,” she replied.

“HE?” the couple exclaimed.

“Yeah, it’s a he from the way his voice sounds,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“Is he the same as the one you had dreamed before? The one who had his back on you?” Jessica asked.

“Probably,” Sooyoung sighed looking at the large wall clock.

“Let’s go back up. It’s time already,” she stood up and left the two.

 

It was around three in the afternoon when she felt the need to sleep for a while. She was scared of taking a nap, but the load of work made her stretch her arms and take a nap for a while which proved to be a wrong move.

 

The screech of the tires made her cover her ears as she felt the car crash on to something. She felt the sudden impact of the crash making her breathless. She hears a faint whisper of her name that when she turned her head, she was shocked to see Kris on the driver’s seat, reaching to hold her hand. Blood flows from his forehead, staining his handsome face.

‘This is a dream! Please someone wake me up!’ she thought as she felt him holding her hand, giving it a light squeeze.

“Sooyoung!” she heard a familiar call. The she felt the car shake as her visions became blurry.

 

“Sooyoung!” Jessica shook her. Sooyoung gasped the moment she woke up. Sweats were streaking down at the side of her face. Her heart is still hammering wildly inside her rib cage.

“Are you okay?” Jessica reached to wipe off the sweat from her face as she handed her bottled water. Sooyoung accepted it with trembling hands as she tries to take a drink despite it.

When she is already calmed down, she looked at her bestfriend.

“Jess, do you have something to tell me?” she asked.

Her bestfriend shook her head, “Aniyo, I was just worried since you looked like you’re having a nightmare a while ago. Is there something wrong?”

She shook her head and tried to calm herself one last time.

 

By around four, she stayed for a while letting her friend go ahead for their dinner date. On her way to hail for a cab, she saw Kris drive his way on the opposite side. ‘I hope he gets home safe,’ she prayed as she take a ride on her hailed cab.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

10:37 pm

 

She had just closed her eyes when her phone went wild. She slowly reached for it, feeling lazy to pick it up. When she saw her best friend’s name on the caller Id, she dismissed the call and turned her phone on silent mode before going back to sleep.

As she drifts off, her phone kept on buzzing but was muffled by the sheets that covered her snuggly.

 

5:40 am

 

She woke up when her alarm clock went off. She reached for it and turned it off before pulling herself up. She grabbed her phone and placed it on her side table. She walked on to her answering machine for any late reminder before she proceeds to the bathroom to brush her teeth. There’s just one message:

 

“Sooyoung! Pick up the phone! How come you are already off to bed? We are all in here at the hospital! Have you received Heechul’s call about Kris? He met an accident when he was on his way home! Please wake up and get in here or you would not meet your prince charming!”

 

It was followed by a beep sound. She stood frozen on her place with the toothbrush still on . She rushed back to check her phone. There’s 117 missed calls all from Heechul. There are even texts messages from her co-workers about them visiting Kris late yesterday. It was sent to her by around eleven already.

 

‘Are they that eager to visit him so soon?’ she thought as she looks at her phone. Then her dream about him yesterday flashed on her mind. That made her rush off to change quickly. After almost twenty minutes, she’s already done.

 

Since their office hours starts by around eight, she still have an ample time to give him a quick visit. The morning chill made her pull her coat closer to her. The winter seems to be fast approaching than expected. She had a hard time looking for an open flower shop that she resorted to the fresh daisies an old lady offered her.

 

When she got to the hospital, she immediately proceeds to where his room is located. Thanks to her considerate co-workers who even gave her the hospital name and the room. She took a deep breath before she knocked slightly. She slowly turned the knob and peeped inside. The room was completely vacant same with the bed. Fear made its way to her heart.

 

‘Where is he?’ she thought getting inside, closing the door with her. Just then, she heard the rushing water on the door on her left. After a while, Kris moved out the door, holding the pole holding his IV fluid.

 

 He was startled to see her, same with her. Nothing seems to be wrong with him, except for a few bruises and the bandage on his collar bone.

“You’re early for a visitor,” he chuckled when he noticed the awkward silence.

She gave a smile, “I decided to drop by earlier since I will get busy later on. How are you feeling already?”

He slowly moved back to sit on his bed as she slowly follows. He took the side facing the open window.

“I’m fine already. Minor bruises only, no broken bones or anything serious,” he looked at her.

She sighed in relief as she slowly moves to get to the empty vase on the window sill. She unwraps the daisies and arranged it on it.

 

While she is busy arranging it, she tries to talk to him about being careful about driving and sorts. She also apologized for bringing only daisies without breakfast. Kris, on the other hand, just looked at her beautiful back and her face as she would turn once in a while to smile at him.

She opened the window making a rustle sound as she slid it open that she did not heard him stand and walk up behind her.

 

She was just startled to feel his arms wrap up on her waist from the back as he leans on her shoulder. Her heart literally stopped beating from the gesture. But then, the warmth emanating from him made her somehow relax. She puts her arms atop his, allowing him to relax. She felt his warm breath on her neck as he hugs her closer.

 

The feel of having her close made him relax as he savors the sweet smell emanating from her. How he wish to stop the time and just have her near. For more than two months he had been having dreams about him and her. Those Wednesdays they had been together made him fall for her.

Her smiles made it a bit deeper.

 

Her sweet laughter made it a bit deeper.

 

Her sweet words made it a bit deeper.

 

Her face and everything made it deeper. So deep that he can’t find any ways to lift himself from the sweetest fall he had ever encountered. The sweetness made him want to just stay in there, wishing to just have her for real; to confess and have the feel of her lips on his; to have her hold him just like this to shield him from the chill of the morning.

 

And just like her dreams, he whispered the same words she heard on her dreams.

 

“Sooyoung, stay with me for the day,” he whispered drawing a smile on her lovely face. ‘I think I already love this guy,’ she thought leaning on him giving a slight nod to assure him.

_____________

‘I’m going to kill that blonde for not informing me earlier about her bridal shower! What’s the purpose of being her bestfriend?’ she mentally noted as she hurries to her car.

One of her co-worker had just called her a while ago to inform her about their plan on surprising Jessica with a bridal shower party. Turns out that the blonde knows it already, except for her. She reaches to get her phone and call her best friend’s boyfriend. She plugged in her earphone.

“Hello?” she called when she heard the other side pickup.

“Soo! What made you call?” Heechul cheerfully greeted.

“Well, I just want to inform you about my plan of murdering your wife-to-be,” she replied.

“Oh! Don’t be that rude! I haven’t had her change her surname yet. What’s the problem?” the guy sounded worried which made her smile.

“My co-workers decided to surprise her with bridal shower party, turns out that she already knew it and  now they are probably starting off without me since they just remembered me a while ago,” she sighed in frustration.

She heard Heechul chuckle on the other line, “I’m so sorry Soo! But I thought only those who are married are invited for that kind of party. Are you married already?”

 

“YAH! KIM HEECHUL!” she yelled at the chuckling guy on the other line.

“Seriously, don’t be such a baby! Well, they are on my unit today to do that bridal whatever,
 he laughed again.

“Why? Is it wrong to bid my bestfriend goodbye since she will soon be married?” she pouted as if he is in front of her.

“Don’t use that cute voice on me Soo, just hurry up so you can catch up with them,” Heechul laughed again before hanging up.

 

After almost five minutes, she arrived at Heechul’s unit. She pressed the doorbell and was surprised to see her own best friend opening the door.

“Where are your visitors?” Sooyoung peeked inside.

“They had finished their part; this part is for my sole best friend!” Jessica hugged her before pulling her inside.

 

They did some movie marathon, simple cooking before they decided to rest for a drink. Jessica insisted her on staying for the night. She even provided Sooyoung one of her pajamas so she can change.

 

“So, how does it feel that in a few days you will be Mrs. Kim?” Sooyoung smiled at the blonde as they lounge on the large sofa.

“Well, kind of excited and nervous. I mean I have been waiting for this but I just can’t imagine that I am doing it for real,” Jessica smiled, completely love struck.

“Ooooh~ someone is excited to get married!” Sooyoung .

“Stop that! How about you? You’re already in the legal age but you never had any boyfriend,” Jessica smirked at her.

She blushed when the memory of what had happened at the hospital flashed in her mind.

 

“Aha! You’re keeping something from me! Spill it!” Jessica moved closer to her tall best friend.

“Ok, I’ll tell you. Well I have this strange dream again which actually scares me,” Sooyoung sighed, adjusting herself on the sofa.

“Then why are you blushing a while ago?” –Jessica

Sooyoung smiled instead, “I had a dream about a guy again., the same guy.”

Jessica had her eyes blink rapidly in eagerness.

“I didn’t actually saw his face. I just don’t know but my eyes were focused on the ring he is holding as he is kneeling down in front of me. No matter how I try to look at his face, my eyes would not obey me,” she sighed.

“So what happened next?” Jessica looked at her.

“He proposed but not the typical ‘Will you marry me?’ statement but same with what I always hear on my previous dreams with that guy. He proposed by saying, ‘Sooyoung, please stay with me forever’.”

Jessica squealed in delight upon hearing the tale. “Oh my god! You’re going to get married right after me!” she hugged the shocked tall girl.

 

“Seriously, don’t jump into conclusions, it’s not like every dream of mine comes true,” Sooyoung lied.

“Don’t use that phrase on me. I know every single dream of yours comes true, just like that past two dreams you had with the ‘Sooyoung stay with me’ statement,” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“How did you know those?” Sooyoung looked shocked at her friend’s statements.

Jessica gasped, “So it was really true that it did came true? I was just only joking! Oh my god! Who is he? Who is he?” Jessica tugged at her sleeves.

“It looks like I am the one who’s going to get married in this situation,” Sooyoung sighed and stood up to get to sleep.

 

Jessica kept on bugging her till the blonde fell asleep from what she is doing. Sooyoung covered her snugly before she stepped outside the unit to get some fresh air. She decided to walk just around the unit to think. Suddenly, her phone rang.

“Hello?” she replied without even looking at the caller’s Id.

“Sooyoung,” came the reply.

She was startled to hear a male voice, “Who are you?” she asked.

The guy chuckled, “It’s me Kris. Are you still up for a walk nearby?” he offered.

She looked around and saw him standing at the other side of the road, leaning on his car. He gave a wave.

 

Something warm flooded inside her heart as a smile crept up to her face. He slowly jogged on his way to her. The road is completely deserted since it’s already half past eleven.

“How did you know that I am here?” she asked when he stopped in front of her.

“Well, I asked Heechul about your whereabouts and he said you are at his place with his soon-to-be wife,” he smiled.

“Miss me already? We had just spent an afternoon yesterday,” Sooyoung joked.

“Yeah, I miss you already,” he bowed his head, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

She stood rooted to her placefrom his statement, not until he held her hand and pulled her for a slow walk. She was still blushing as they slowly moved. His large hand held hers perfectly.

“I like your necklace, letter O?’ he asked out of nowhere while they are still walking.

“It’s not a letter actually,” she replied adjusting on his hold.

He looked at her, “Not a letter? Then what is that?” he asked.

“It’s actually a ring. Someone gave it to me when I was still in grade school. Too young to receive a wedding proposal,” she smiled.

“A ring? That’s quite a thought for a young boy,” he smiled.

They stopped and sat on the lone bench, somewhere far from the unit.

 

“He gave this to me but I have no idea who is he. All I know is that he left me a note saying he kept the other box with him. Funny to note that the two rings were actually not for us but for our future children together,” she chuckled.

“So you still hold on to that ring?” he asked.

“Yeah, because he said he will come back,” she replied.

Unconsciously, she moved to lean on him, closing her eyes briefly that soon she fell asleep.

 

“It’s funny to know that you are still waiting for that boy. He is sure lucky to have someone waiting for him,” he sighed, looking down at her.

 

___________

 

She woke up when she felt the rays of the sun hit her closed eyes. She pulled herself up and saw Jessica sleeping snugly beside her. When her thoughts settled in, she tried to compose herself.

‘Was that a dream?’ she thought as she slowly moved out of the bed to have a quick shower so she can cook for her best friend.

 

When she was done and was to get her phone, she saw a note stuck on it. A smile crept up on her lips when she read it.

 

“You’re too light for a food goddess, and please stop murmuring names when you are asleep. :)"

 

___________

 

The following days, she had been too busy from work and attending the rehearsal for her friend’s wedding. She already met her partner who was the best man of the wedding. During her office hours, Jessica would still bug her about the other preparations. As she was busy attending to it and her work, she doesn’t notice him looking at her every time he goes out of his office.

 

He would silently watch her check on her other papers even when she is eating at the cafeteria and even when she tries to take a nap every Wednesday afternoon they hang out on that abandoned garden.

 

Little did she know that the couple soon-to-be married had already assigned Kris to be the Best Man but didn’t inform Sooyoung about it so they can surprise her. He was actually glad to hear the offer that he immediately agreed which confirmed the suspicion of the two that he really likes their friend.

 

___________

 

WEDDING DAY

“Okay, line up guys so we can start the entourage!” the wedding head facilitator instructed the brides maid to form a line with their partners. Sooyoung was still looking for her partner who’s supposed to have the same color with her dress. She is wearing a simple creamy white off-shoulder long gown with a read sash on the waist. She saw her partner but he was with someone and he wears the same outfit as the other escorts are.

 

“Sooyoung! Go and get beside your partner!” the head facilitator hissed at her. It somehow made her speechless and made her teary eyed as she tries to look around for her partner. A grip on her arm made her turn her head to look up at the tall guy.

“I’m sorry I am late,” Kris whispered, sparing her an apologetic smile.

 

“Come on Soo! I’ll explain later,” Jessica whispered behind them since they are the ones before the bride. She was still in shock when Kris let her wrap her arm on his as they started to move. Some guests were awed by the tall guy walking beside her that it somehow intimidated her.

“Don’t be intimidated, calm down,” he whispered.

 

The wedding proceeds on that after the picture taking, the bride did not threw her bouquet, instead she handed it to Sooyoung.

“You deserve to have someone too. I don’t want your heart get anymore lonely,” Jessica smiled giving her bestfriend a hug.

Kris even joked at her, “Wanna get married with me today?” he smiled.

That completely took her by surprise aside from her best friends’ gesture about the bouquet.

“I’m just kidding, come on! We’ll be late at the reception,” Kris laid out his hand.

 

__________

 

RECEPTION

 

The reception was very fun. The couple had organized various games for the bride’s maid and the escorts. For the Maid of Honor and the Best Man, they are given the honor to lead the first dance.

 

As Kris moved slowly with her in the middle of the dance floor, he can’t help but admire the beauty of the woman he is dancing with.

 

“Have you ever thought of getting married?” he asked out of nowhere.

“Yeah, but I am still waiting for the right guy,” she replied.

“Waiting?”

“Call me crazy or anything but my dreams do come true. I always trust my dreams because they never fail me. I dreamed of these two get married, my parents’ departure, my success in my chosen field, that afternoon when we first met at the abandoned garden, when you met an accident and even that incident on the hospital I –“ she suddenly stopped at her rambling and bowed her head to hide the blush creeping on her cheeks.

“You really did? Even the car crash I had?” he asked in disbelief.

She just bowed her head.

“You’re way too special to be taken for granted. I wish I was the lucky guy you are referring to,” he smiled as she pulls him closer as the music turns more sensual, more mellow.

Right after the party, she decided to take a walk around the place since it’s beside the shore. He followed her, keeping a distance as he watch her take off her shoes and walk on the sand barefoot.

 

“Quit keeping the distance,” she turned and looked at him. He bowed his head as he slowly moves to get even with her steps.

They just walked there in silence.

 

“I once had a crush on this girl way back. But then, I never had the chance to tell her about it even when we left back for China. Funny to note that she barely even knows who I am which saddens me,” he narrated as they are walking.

“Opening up for me? So, where is this girl already?” she asked.

“She’s already happy, yet someone said she is lonely,” he replied.

“Why don’t you rescue her? Come on! You can have the second chance to tell her how you feel,” she looked at him, trying to act mighty although she can feel her tears threatening to fall after saying those words.

‘After all, he is not the one for me. I guess I will be forever lonely,’ she thought as looked at the small waves touch their feet.

She stopped on her steps and looked at the vast black sea.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“I just miss someone,” she sniffed but soon cried herself, finally bending down. She didn’t mind the water dripping her gown wet.

“Hey, are you alright?” he rubbed her back.

“It hurts to realize that it’s not actually what you thought it would be,” she sobbed.

He was at loss for words when he heard it. Somehow he got what she meant.

 

“Come, I’ll take you home,” he offered, assisting her on her steps as they walked back to the reception hall. He made her wear her heels as he wraps his coat on her shoulder. He made her get into the passenger seat. “I’ll just talk to the newly wed that I will take you home, ok?” he patted her cheek before he left, leaving the door open.

 

When she was alone, she surveyed the interior of the car when she notices a small red box near the tissue box. Curious as she is, she slowly reached for it. ‘This somehow looks familiar,’ she thought. She removed the cover and gasped. She slowly reached for her purse with trembling hands and pulled an identical box.

 

“Sooyoung, Jessica remind-“ Kris was cut short when he saw her holding the two small boxes.

She looked at him, slowly moving out the now open passenger door. She stood face to face with him.

 

“It was you?” she asked.

“I’m sorry Sooyoung, I really want to-“ he was then cut short when she enveloped him in a hug.

“I don’t care if you kept it at bay or whatever what matters for me now is that you are already here,” she sobbed, hugging him even closer.

He was shocked to hear her that it took him moments before he finally returned the hug.

 

When they parted, Sooyoung cupped the face he had been wishing to know.

“Actually, I was planning to do something but you just broke down a while ago so I had to postpone it for a while. But since you had already learned my secret, I would like to apologize first,” he looked at her, holding her hand.

“That night when we had a walk, I was to confess about it because I had already noticed your necklace even before but that you fell asleep so you would not expect me to confess on a sleeping person right?” he smiled which made her chuckle.

 

“That very first time I saw you, I was already enchanted by your charm. For a while, I forgot about the girl I was supposed to look for. That time I saw you in that abandoned garden is not accidental but incidental. I actually followed you there. I don’t like Frappuccino, but I grew fond of it because of you. That time in the hospital, it took me much courage to stop myself from hugging you, but I guess my feeling got the best of me. You may not notice but I always watch over you. Jessica and Heechul even approached me about being the Best Man in their wedding but kept it as a surprise for you. We never had any formal date or such romantic things, but it did not stop me from falling deeper in love with you. Every bit about you made the fall even sweeter that I don’t have the courage to pull myself up. Since then, I decided to just pour every ounce of feeling I have for you and forget about that girl. Fate really played with us because it turned out that you are the girl I am looking for. I never had such long speech as this ever since,” he chuckled.

 

“I guess it leaves me to do this in here. Sorry that it is not as romantic as what you would want,” he pulled another box from his pocket and bended on one knee. Tears streamed down her eyes. The dream she had is already happening with clarity. She finally knows who the guy behind the three strange dreams she had.

 

“Sooyoung, please stay with me forever,” he opened the box revealing a diamond encrusted silver ring.

“Did you know that I had dreamed of this to happen?” she smiled despite the tears on her face.

“Is that a yes?” he asked.

She gave a nod as he slips the ring on her finger. He stood up and slowly held her face to press a soft kiss on her lips.

 

“Then how about dreaming of our future kids?” he joked.

“Too eager for the wedding?” she smiled.

“I thought Jessica already made it clear that you will be the next when she handed you the bouquet?” he pouted.

She just laughed as she leans forward to kiss him once more.

 

 

(A/N: I never thought that it would be this long. Maybe if I haven’t decided to cut it short, it may reach up to more than twenty pages. I got hooked up on the Sooyoung-Kris pair up. I’m sorry if it’s quite dry. I was in a rush since I have to pass it before the deadline that I have to wake up all night to finish typing it. I hope you like it. Maybe, given the chance and the time, I may prolong this one or create another fanfic. But that is still maybe. Enjoy!)