He Has Him

He Has Him

That smile, those crescent eyes while smiling, never fail to please him. That blushing cheeks always make him laugh due to its cuteness. Though he chuckles every time the other boy stumbles, deep of in his heart, he worries about him so much. He worries if he falls when he is not around him. He worries he will hurt himself because of his clumsiness. But, everything about him is adorable in his eyes. Jonghyun loves the whole things about Jinki. No matter what.

 

Jinki rests his head on Jonghyun shoulder. They sit on the bench, facing the lake in the park they usually visit. No one talks. Onew closes his eyes, feeling Jonghyun’s warm hand grasping his hand on his lap. Jonghyun looks at the two swans on the lake.

“Hyung,” he says.

“Hm..”

“I wanna be like those swans.”

“Heh?” Jinki lifts his head from Jonghyun’s shoulder, looking at the guy next to him and then the swans on the lake. “Why?”

“No. I want us to be like those swans.” Jinki frowns listening Jonghyun’s correction. “Because they are always together. I want us to be together, always and forever. Besides, swans always represent an eternity of the relationship. Don’t you?”

Jinki pouts. “No.” His eyes narrow. Jonghyun turns his head to face Jinki. “I don’t wanna be a swan. I can’t eat chicken if I’m a swan. Right?” Jinki faces Jonghyun with a smile and crescent eyes on his face. Jonghyun squeezes that face, can’t stand on his cuteness. Jinki giggles. “But, if you’re swan, I’ll make sure to visit this park every day to see you. I wanna see a swan with puppy eyes.” He continues while standing from the bench.

“Yah… Lee Jinki,” Jonghyun stretches his hand out to reach Jinki who has run away after .

But, before Jonghyun stands up from his seat to catch Jinki, the older has already slipped on his steps to flee. “Oh.. Hyung,” Jonghyun comes to Jinki quickly. “Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?” he squats down beside Jinki. Instead of pretending to be angry to him because of his taunt, Jonghyun is worried. His hands hold Jinki’s arms to rise him up.

“No, I’m okay.” Jinki replies in the middle of his laugh. He covers his mouth when he laughs.

Jonghyun sighs in relief when he sees no bloods or wounds on Jinki. “That’s punishment for you since you make fun of me.” he says when slaps Jinki’s arm. They both laugh.

They spend the rest of that evening at the park like that. Laughing together, joking to each other, or just holding hands.

For Jonghyun, this is what he wants. He wants to be with Jinki as long as possible every single day. Spending his time with Jinki is the precious thing in his life. He wants to be right there, beside Jinki. Entertaining him with his stories, dreams, and jokes so Jinki will always laugh and never be sad. Because, seeing the sorrow on Jinki’s face makes Jonghyun gloomy and brokenhearted. For him, someone like Jinki is not supposed to be sad, he have to be happy. He promises to himself to make Jinki smiles no matter what, though it means he has to sacrifice himself. For him, Jinki’s cheerfulness is everything.

In Jinki’s case, it’s a godsend to have Jonghyun beside him anytime. With Jonghyun beside him, he feels in safe hands. With Jonghyun around him, he doesn’t need to be sad or worried because the younger guy always makes him laugh and delighted. He needs him for his entire life.

-<3-

It’s when Jonghyun has to visit his grandmother in other town.

“Don’t do anything dangerous. Don’t do anything reckless. Don’t put yourself at risk. Watch out your step. For these three days, try not to fall every time you walk. Understand? Don’t hurt yourself. I don’t wanna see any wounds or bandage on your skin. Okay?” Jonghyun says every single word clearly. His hands grasp Jinki’s arms tightly. His puppy eyes are locked at Jinki’s. Making sure that the older listens to his words.

Jinki nods, smile on his face. “Just go and come back here safely.” he says when Jonghyun embraces him.

 

Day One

Jonghyun calls Jinki every 30 minutes just to ask whether he trips or not.

 

Day Two

At breakfast, lunch, and dinner time, Jinki always has his phone on his ear, answering every questions Jonghyun asks him. Out of that time, every one or two hours, he tries to appease Jonghyun and convinces him that he is fine.

 

Day Three

“I will arrive at 2 PM. I will come to your house. Make sure you don’t go anywhere at that time.” Jonghyun says over the phone.

“What do you want to eat?” Jinki asks as the reply. “I’ll cook it for you.”

“Anything.”

“Just say what you want. If you say anything, I can’t decide what I should buy in the market.”

“I said don’t go anywhere, Jinki. We’ll go to the market when I arrive. Okay? Understand?”

 

But, Jinki really wants to surprise Jonghyun. So, after Jonghyun ends the call, Jinki goes to the groceries. After he gets all the ingredients, he heads back home hurriedly. It makes him not beware while crossing the road.

 

Jonghyun grips Jinki’s hand on his. He can’t say anything. His voice gets caught in his throat whilst looking at the body on the bed where Jinki lays, unconscious. Jonghyun cries in silence. The doctors can’t tell him how his condition is, they need to check him further when he awakes. What they said is just Jinki’s head hit the sidewalk when the crash happened. The worst, he might lose his vision.

He feels the hand on his hands moves a bit. He is not sure whether it’s just his imagination or not. But when he looks at Jinki’s face, he sees Jinki frowns in pain.

“Hyung,” Jonghyun whispers. He leans forward. “Hyung, can you hear me? How are you feeling?”

“Jonghyun,” Jinki calls out his name.

“Yes, I’m here, hyung.”

Jinki tries to open his eyes. He wants to see Jonghyun’s face. He misses him. Slowly, he opens his eyes. He blinks. He can feel Jonghyun’s hands on his, his breath on his face, but …

“Can you turn the lamp on?” Jinki’s question slaps Jonghyun. “I can’t see your face in the dark.” he continues.

Jonghyun embraces him tightly. He can’t believe his ears. He can’t hold his tears. How could this happen to Jinki?

“Jonghyun, are you crying? Why? What happens?” Jinki feels his shoulder where Jonghyun buries his face wet.

“I will call the doctors. Don’t move. Okay? Do you hear me?” Jonghyun pulls himself away and grabs Jinki’s arms. “I’ll be back quickly.”

 

One month later

“Are they still there? Those two swans,” Jinki asks to Jonghyun.

“Yes, they are still there.” Jonghyun grasps Jinki’s hand. They are sitting on the bench in the park now, facing the lake.

“I’m glad I can visit this park again, with you. It has been a while since the last time we come together. Right?” Jinki tilts his head to Jonghyun. He smiles.

Jonghyun turns his face away from Jinki. He tries to hold his tears. It’s still hard for him to accept the fact that Jinki still has that smile on his face even if he is blind now. It hurts Jonghyun a lot because he can’t do anything.

“Don’t cry.” He hears Jinki’s voice. He feels Jinki’s free hand cups on his face, trying to turn his face to him. “Please, don’t cry, Jonghyunnie.” he repeats.

“I’m not, hyung. I’m not crying.” But, his voice betrays him. His voice cracks when he talks.

“Jonghyunnie, listen to me. You’re not allowed to cry. You have to be strong. If you’re frail, to whom I should depend on? What should I do if you’re like this?” Jinki’s voice is soft.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I just …”

“It’s okay. But, promise to me, that this will be the last time you cry. You have to be strong for me. You said you want to protect me. How could you protect me if you’re not strong? Okay? It’s okay I’m blind as long as you’re right beside me, as long as you’re always around me. It’s enough for me. I won’t be afraid if you’re with me.” Jinki smiles in the end of his sentences,

Jonghyun nods. “I promise, hyung. I’ll be strong for us. I’ll protect you and do anything for you. I’ll be always beside you. Don’t be afraid. You have me.” He embraces Jinki, rubbing his back.

“I know I have you,” Jinki hugs him back.

They have each other. That’s what they need.[]

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Hnnngggg...

Does it disappoint you, readernim?

So sorry... I don't mean to make the ending like this *bow apologetically*

 

And.. as always, i really love to read your comment(s)

Please leave your comment, so i can learn to write better jongyu story...

If you have any request for Jongyu fiction, tell me :)

I will happily write it ^^