Into the Far West

Into the Far West
After what she just saw, Gayoon left quickly. She jumped on her horse and galloped in the desert. She didn’t looked back, those men just killed her dad, and they were ready to put the blame on her.
 
She wanted to talk to the sheriff, but she was afraid he didn’t believe her… In this world, women are nothing without men… and this guys knew how to made the sheriff agreed with them…
 
She stopped at the river and gave water to her horse, she filled her flask and go back on the horse. She travelled all the afternoon, she wanted to find someone to talk in the next big city. 
 
She entered the first saloon. It was full of cowboys and honky-tonk women, one of the dancer came close to her, asking if she wanted a drink. Gayoon shook her head and looked inside, looking for someone. Her eyes caught the person she was looking for.
 
She walked to the young woman and sat beside her at the bar. She girl was talking with an another girl.
 
« Hyuna. » Said Gayoon cutting the conversation.
 
Hyuna rolled her eyes and turned around. « Don’t you see that I’m- » She stopped seeing who was here. « Gayoon? What are you doing here? Go back home, I‘m talking business right now… » She explained looking at the beautiful short haired girl on her other side.
 
« My dad is dead…. » Whispered Gayoon looking down.
 
Hyuna stopped talking business with the other young woman and turned to Gayoon again. « What happened? » She asked quickly.
 
« The gold diggers from our city… They came to my house and killed my dad, they put the blame on me and now your dad will arrest me… » Said Gayoon.
 
Hyuna sighed. « They’re not only gold diggers, they’re traffickers, and murderer… » She said angrily. « I’m sorry about your dad. But don’t worry, if you talk to my dad he will know you did nothing, we know them. Come with me, we go back home. » Said Hyuna standing up. She turned around and looked at the other woman. « I will be here in three days if you’re still interested. » She said. The young woman with short hair nodded.
 
A man came closer and took Hyuna’s arm. « You left dear. I thought you would stay and have some good time with us… » He said. « We buy you drinks remember. »
 
Hyuna looked at him in the eyes. « I’m not interested. » She said trying to get out of him. Gayoon looked at them afraid.
 
« Come on. » He said pushing her back against the bar. 
 
The young woman who talked to Hyuna before, stood up and faced the guy. « Leave her alone. » She said frowning.
 
« Or what? » He said laughing, looking at his friends and taking both her hands in his.
 
« Or you will never be able to have kids anymore. » She said punching him between the legs, he shouted and let her go, he was suffering. The other guys came and a big battle started, Gayoon took a bottle on the bar and hit one of the men who came closer to her in the head.
 
One of  the cowboy took his gun, Hyuna saw it and pushed the two girls on the floor, knocking over a table to protect them.
 
All the saloon started fighting, and the girls escaped quickly. But the sheriff was waiting in front of the saloon. « Young ladies… » He said looking around. Other men ran out seeing that the girls disappeared, but stopped seeing that the sheriff had them.
 
He handcuffed them, took them in his office and put them behind the bars.
 
« Kim Hyuna… » He said looking at her and smiling « You always end up in bad situation, your dad will be so angry at you again. » He said with a mischievous smile. Then he looked at the other girls. « It’s late, I will take care of you tomorrow. » He said closing all the doors before he left.
 
One hour latter, Hyuna sighed and crossed her hands on her chest. « Don’t worry my dad is probably coming, he will free us. » 
 
« Your dad? » Asked Gayoon. « But… I can’t let him find me… » She said panicked.
 
Hyuna frowned. « I told you, he will not arrest you- »
 
« He will! » Cut Gayoon. « Before I leave, they said that they know how to convince your dad… Do you remember when your dad wanted to arrest them because they killed this old man two years ago? » Hyuna nodded. « He never did because they told him that if he tried something against them they would hurt you… » Confessed Gayoon.
 
Hyuna frowned. « But… I don’t care, I’m not afraid, I will talk to him. »
 
« No Hyuna, I need to get out of here. » Said Gayoon.
 
The other woman who were silent till now stood up. « She’s right, it’s the night, we need to left. »
 
« But Jiyoon… » Said Hyuna. 
 
« You know the sheriff here… he will made bad reputation about us. I don’t want problem, if I stay here, tomorrow he will ask our names and made rapport about us and I don’t want to be associated with this… » Explained the short haired woman.
 
Gayoon nodded. « He don’t know us. It our chance to left. »
 
« How do you want to escape? » Asked Hyuna « It’s impossible. »
 
Then they heard someone cleared their throat.
 
Hyuna looked around. « Kwon? » She asked frowning to the young girl who wore a beautiful dress, letting her legs discovered. Her hair were in a big bun. She was one of the cabaret dancers.
 
« I told you, you can call me Sohyun. » She said smiling, showing the keys to the girls.
 
« How did you get that? » Asked Jiyoon curious.
 
« I saw what happened today, I was worried about you Hyuna… » she said. « The sheriff came for the night, I seduced him, made him drunk and took his key. » She said proudly. She opened the prison’s door and let the girls out. But Hyuna stayed inside.
 
« Hurry. » Said Sohyun.  « I need to give him the keys back before he woke up… »
 
Hyuna shook her head. « I stay here, my dad is coming. »
 
Gayoon looked at her. « I will find a way to make them suffer for what they did to my dad… » She said determinate.
 
« What will you say about us? » Jiyoon asked Hyuna who shook her shoulders.
 
« Tell them we knocked you out. » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon frowned. « No… »
 
Gayoon roller her eyes. « Tell them the long haired girl knocked you out then. »
 
Hyuna nodded. Sohyun looked down. « I only find one of your horses… »
 
Gayoon looked out. « It’s mine. » She looked at Jiyoon. « You want me to take you out to a another city? » Jiyoon nodded.
 
« Be quick before someone saw you. » Said Sohyun. The girls left.
 
« Thank you. » Said Hyuna to Sohyun. « You should go back before someone find out you let him like that. »
 
Sohyun smiled. « How did you do to always ended up in situations like that? » Asked Sohyun despair.
 
Hyuna smiled. « I don’t know… »
 
« You know where to find me. » Said Sohyun before leaving.
 
Gayoon and Jiyoon were on the horse, they travelled all night, and it was now the morning. They arrived at a new city.
 
« I think it’s where we separate. » Said Jiyoon. Gayoon nodded.
 
Jiyoon was walking in the big street when she saw an old man walking toward Gayoon, she turned around. Gayoon seemed scared. He was touching her, her stomach then her , Gayoon told him to stop but he continued, one of his hand was on Gayoon, the other holding his gun. 
 
Jiyoon looked at Gayoon, the girl had a gun, but she didn’t take it. Jiyoon took her gun and shouted in the old man gun, making him lost his gun and stop harassing the girl.
 
Gayoon escaped him and run to Jiyoon who frowned at her. « You see, this is a gun. » She said to Gayoon. « When a man harass you, take it and menace him. » She explained.
 
Gayoon nodded. « Thank you, but can we talk about this later? This guys seems angry because of us… »
 
Jiyoon looked behind her, four men were walking to them.
 
« Run! » Said Jiyoon.
 
The two girls ran, even how tired they were, they find the strength to run for their live.  Jiyoon jumped on Gayoon’s horse and helped the other girl to come with her, who wasn‘t easy because of the big dress Gayoon was wearing. They quickly left the city.
 
They stopped close to a river.
 
Gayoon looked at her dress, she was in a bad sharp…
 
Jiyoon rolled her eyes. « Why do you wear this? Nothing is better than a jeans. » She said.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « Maybe you like to wear men’s clothes, but I’m a woman, and woman wear dresses. » She said trying to fix her dress. 
 
« Okay madam… » Said Jiyoon rolling her eyes. « We will stay here. » She said putting her hat on a fallen tree.
 
Gayoon looked around. « I’m hungry. » She said. « I will take a walk in the forest just here. »
 
Jiyoon nodded, she was making something to caught some fishes in the river. At the end of the day, Gayoon came back with a dead rabbit, and Jiyoon sighed because she didn’t caught any fishes…
 
« How did you do? » She asked Gayoon curious.
 
Gayoon smiled. « I made a trap. » 
 
After that, they made a campfire, eat a little and fell asleep in the cold night. With the lack of sleeping and the situation they endured, even a war wouldn‘t have woke up the girls… 
 
When she woke up, Gayoon felt cold and her legs and arms hurt. She looked around, she was tied up to a post. Jiyoon was tied up behind her. All around were tepees.
 
She shook herself a little, trying to woke up Jiyoon. « Jiyoon! » She whispered. « Jiyoon! Wake up! » She said, but the girl didn’t open her eyes. « Come on! » Then she jumped, hearing sharp shouts.
 
She turned around, looking if someone was coming, but she saw nothing, she just heard footsteps sound, lots of footsteps sound, she called for Jiyoon again, but the girl slept too well.
 
Then a tall man appeared, his skin was red, like burned by the sun, he had a big crown with feathers. Gayoon swallowed hard, it was the first time she saw Indians. He looked at her frowning, a young woman came beside him, she had long brown hair and less feathers on her crown.
 
He shouted some words in a language Gayoon couldn’t understand. But Gayoon knew by the expression on his face that he was angry at them.
Some other Indians came closer, encircling them. Jiyoon moved a little, Gayoon turned her head seeing if she was awake but she couldn’t see, she turned and looked at the faces staring at her.
 
« I’m sorry, I don’t understand… » She said hoping someone would explain her. « Please, someone understand me? » She asked sadly.
 
The young woman looked at the tall man and talked to him. Gayoon was afraid, what would they do the them? Would they kill them? Why did they tied them here, if they wanted to kill them? Would they eat them? Gayoon shook her head, trying to erase this idea…
 
The young woman came closer, Jiyoon opened her eyes.
 
« Where are we… » She asked in a sleepy voice.
 
« Indians, they captured us… » Said Gayoon almost crying. 
 
Jiyoon tensed up. « Indians… » she whispered looking around and seeing all the red skinned people looking at them angrily. « It’s not good… »
 
« I understand you. » Said the young Indian girl. « My name is Nam Jihyun. » She explained.
 
« Why did you capture us? » Asked Jiyoon. 
 
Jihyun sighed. « My dad say they find you on our lands. » 
 
« We didn’t know… » Said Gayoon. «  We just wanted to escape some cowboys harassing us… »
 
Jihyun looked at them feeling sorry. « I will try to talk to my dad. If you weren’t here to spy on us, he would maybe let you go… » She said.
 
« Thank you… » Said Jiyoon.
 
Jihyun bowed and walked back to her dad, speaking to him. They talked during long minutes. Sometimes one of them would look or pointing one finger at them. Gayoon sighed. Jiyoon made a face.
 
Jihyun looked at them a last time before the Indians left them alone again.
 
« I don’t want to die here and now… » Said Gayoon. « I need revenge, I need to made the men who killed my dad pay… » She said.
 
Jiyoon nodded, she though about Gayoon’s story. « The one who killed your dad are gold diggers right? » 
 
Gayoon nodded. « Not only gold diggers, like Hyuna said, they’re traffickers and murderers, they stole gold from people and try to control our city… nobody want to face them… » Explained Gayoon.
 
« I know that kind of men, I lived with some like that. I’m a gold digger too. » Explained Jiyoon. « I will help you. »
 
« Why would you help a stranger? » Asked Gayoon septic.
 
Jiyoon smiled. « Like I said, I’m a gold digger… I’m going were I can find gold and this guys seems to have lots of gold… » Explained Jiyoon. « Plus you don’t know how to hold a gun or how to get a ride of an old man harassing you so… »
 
« Okay, so you will help me like that I have my revenge and you get their gold? » Asked Gayoon.
 
« Yes, that the deal, I mean if we get out of here. » Said Jiyoon. « We should try to escape, if you help untie me I’m sure I can fight with them. » 
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « We’re in their village… don’t you see how many Indians live here? You can’t win against them. We need a plan. » Said Gayoon.
 
« A plan? » Asked Jiyoon curious.
 
« Yes. » Said Gayoon irritated. « Do you ever use you brain before jumping in a fight or something? »
 
« No, I just rush into battles. I follow my instinct. » Said Jiyoon proudly.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « Listen to me, when someone came back, you will feigned a faintness, okay? »
 
Jiyoon nodded.
 
« You don’t need to do that. » Said Jihyun smiling and walking to them. « My dad let you go. »
 
« Really? » Asked Jiyoon. The Indian girl nodded. « Thank you. » She said bowing with her head.
 
Jihyun called an another Indian and asked him to untie the girls.
 
« Follow me, your stuffs are in my tepee. » Said Jihyun, but when Gayoon wanted to left the post, she heard a crack, she turned around, her dress was torn, Jiyoon foot was still on the bottom of the dress.
 
Gayoon looked at Jiyoon angrily. « Can’t you watch where you put your feet? »
 
Jiyoon made a face. « Sorry, but she was already in a bad sharp, it’s not only my fault. » She said.
 
Gayoon was about to jump on Jiyoon to strangle her when Jihyun stopped them. « It’s okay » She said putting her hand on Gayoon shoulder. « I think I have something for you. »
 
Finally the girls followed Jihyun between the tepees, watched by the Indians villagers, curious to see white people in their village. They entered the tepee, Jihyun gave Jiyoon her belt and her gun, and she find a brown pants with long fringe and give it to Gayoon. Then she went out of the tepee and came back with a white shirt.
 
« For you. » She said to Gayoon before leaving them.
 
Gayoon turned to Jiyoon. « I won’t put this clothes… »
 
Jiyoon rolled her eyes. « Because it’s men’s clothes? » Gayoon nodded and looked at Jiyoon like it was evident. « Come on, you will buy a dress when we left this village. But put that for now. »
 
Gayoon nodded again. « You’re right, I don’t want to make the daughter’s chief angry… »
 
Jiyoon was waiting for Gayoon to change, but the girl was just looking at her. « So? Will you change or what? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
« Don’t look at me, turn around. » Said Gayoon. Jiyoon rolled her eyes and left the tepee, sitting on a tree trunk in front of it.
 
With the sun she could see the shadow of Gayoon, taking off her dress slowly, revelling her generous outline. She put the dress on a chair and put the pants on, bending at first then wriggling a little, making the fringe dance, the pants was very tighten. Jiyoon laughed a little. Gayoon put her bell then she took the shirt, and with an elegant move, the put it on. She was buttoning the shirt when Jihyun came back and made Jiyoon look away from the tepee quickly.
 
« Are you ready? » She asked Jiyoon who nodded.
 
Gayoon came out of the tepee. Jiyoon looked at her. « Men’s clothes suit you well. » She said smiling, Gayoon just rolled her eyes.
 
« Follow me. » Said Jihyun, they walked out of the village, horses were eating fresh grass behind in a big fence. Jihyun entered an took Gayoon’s horse, guiding him to his owner.
 
Gayoon was thanking her when a young boy ran to them from the forest. He was crying and crashed himself into Jihyun, saying words that Gayoon and Jiyoon couldn’t understand.
 
Jihyun looked panicked. « What happened? » Asked Gayoon.
 
« Cowboys, cowboys are here, they captured his old sister in the forest. » Said Jihyun before running back to the village.
 
Jiyoon looked at Gayoon and they agree without a word, jumping on the horse, they run in the forest where the boy came from. They arrived in a clearing where two men were tying a young girl.
 
Jiyoon took her gun and shoot in the sky, making them jump. She jumped out of the horse, Gayoon stopped the horse and jumped too. She took her gun. She wasn’t very confidant about it, but it was important, she needed to know how to defend herself.
 
Jiyoon disarmed one of the cowboys with one shoot. Gayoon pointed her gun on the second, he was about to take his gun too, but Jiyoon shoot on his arm before he could hurt Gayoon. The first cowboy looked at them and run out taking his injured friend with him.
 
Jiyoon followed them a little making sure they left for good, and Gayoon untied the girl. They put her on the horse and walked back to the Indians village. Half way they meet Jihyun and some Indians.
 
« You find her? » Asked Jihyun shocked to be helped by the two girls, but relieved that the little Indian girl was fine.
 
« Yes, one of the cowboys is hurt, they left. » Said Jiyoon showing the direction the two men took.
 
Jihyun nodded and talked to the Indians, then they left following the cowboys direction. Jiyoon and Gayoon followed Jihyun back to the village.
 
The two girls were a little afraid to still be in the village. They wanted to leave, but Jihyun asked them to wait for her in her tepee.
 
« What do you think they want? » Asked Gayoon.
 
« I don’t know. » Said Jiyoon. « Maybe we should left… »
 
« I don’t think it’s a god idea. I don’t want them to think we had something to do with the cowboys who captured the girl… » Explained Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon nodded. « I didn’t thought about that… you’re right, we will wait for Jihyun to return. » 
 
They stayed in silence long minutes. Then Gayoon sighed. « Can you teach me how to use a gun? » She asked shyly.
 
Jiyoon laughed. « I was waiting for you to ask me this! » She said smiling.
 
Then Jihyun entered the tepee. « My dad want to thank you for helping us. » She said. « He want you to stay tonight. » 
 
« Why? » Asked Gayoon. 
 
« For the party. » Said Jihyun happily. « We will celebrate your welcoming in our family. » the two girls looked at her septic. « If you want it.» She added smiling
 
« I’m not sure to understand… » Said Jiyoon.
 
The Indian girl sat in front of them. « You saved one of us, so now you are part of our family. Indians will always be your friends now. » Explained Jihyun. « After the ceremony you can come here all you want, our village will be yours. »
 
Gayoon looked at Jiyoon, then at Jihyun. « I think we need to talk before deciding something. » Jihyun nodded and left them alone.
 
« I want to do it. » Said Gayoon.
 
« Why » Asked Jiyoon with wide eyes. 
 
« I… I want a place to go…» She said. 
 
« A place? » Asked Jiyoon confuse. « But you have a home back there. » 
 
Gayoon looked down. « I don’t have family, I will never be able to live there anymore. If I had my revenge I will be a murderer, and if not the sheriff will arrest me anyway… so I’m stuck, and if people here are ready to accept me… then I would be happy to stay in this village... »
 
Jiyoon nodded. « Then we will do it. » 
 
« Really? You’re okay to do it? » Asked Gayoon surprised.
 
Jiyoon smiled. « Yes, I rather being friends with them… remember this morning they were about to kill us and now they treat us like family. » She said laughing. « And I rather being treated like family if you see what I mean. They’re a little scary, it’s better to be in their team. » 
 
Gayoon nodded and smiled. They went out of the tepee to find Jihyun. Luckily the girl was coming back to them.
 
« We will stay and do the ceremony. » Said Gayoon.
 
Jihyun smiled happy to see that the girls were okay to be part of their family. « You know it means a lot for us. Now we will always help each other no matter what. »
 
Jiyoon nodded.
 
The night was falling and Jiyoon looked at the sky, some stars started to shine. A big fire was made in the center of the little village, between the tepees, where the two girls were tied up the same morning.
 
People were dancing in circle, listening to the loud music made by big and coloured drums, and panpipes. Some Indians took the girls’ hands and dragged them in the dance, walking around the fire.
 
They finally stopped dancing, Gayoon was exhausted, they all sat in a big circle. The chief talked some words.
 
« He say that you are part of our tribe now. » Explained Jihyun. « He’s saying your hearts are pure and kind. » she added listening to her dad talking. « That you are brave warriors and he’s proud to welcome you in our tribe. »
 
The chief was done and the Indians started laughing and shouting happily. They started eating, making the food turning around the circle. In the same time, some young woman, put red and blue paint on their face.
 
All the girls were thinking was the food, they didn’t ate since the last day, they were very hungry, and the food was delicious. Jihyun was laughing with them, trying to teach them some words, but the girls failed at repeating sentences in the Indians language, making the Indians close to them laugh more. The water tasted a little weird, but they drank it anyway. 
Later everything started turning in their head. Everything was colourful and beautiful. Then it became all black.
 
Jiyoon opened her eyes, the sun made her close her eyes again. It was the morning. She looked around, Gayoon was sleeping beside her, and other Indian girls were in the tepee sleeping peacefully.
 
Gayoon turned around, opening her eyes too, she looked at Jiyoon.
 
« What a night… » She said letting her head fall back on the thin pillow putting on the bed where they slept.
 
« I remember nothing… and my head hurt. » Said Jiyoon, she had headache.  
 
Jihyun entered the tepee in silence and asked them to follow her. They left the tepee discreetly and followed Jihyun till the river.
 
« Your heads must hurt. » She said. « Me too on the first time. » Jiyoon frowned. « The water, we put medicinal plants in it. It makes you enter in a trance… » She explained.
 
« That’s why my head started spilling yesterday during the ceremony? » Asked Gayoon. 
 
Jihyun nodded. « You should go bathing a little, the cold water will help you feeling better. » Said the Indian girl.
 
Gayoon took off her belt and her pants, and jumped in the water with her shirt on. « It feels very good. » She said to Jiyoon.
 
The other girl took off her clothes, she was in and her chest was bandaged. She jumped in the water too. « You’re right, my head don’t hurt that much. » She put her head under water, and opened her eyes, seeing Gayoon swim under water too.
 
She let her head came out of the water to breath. Gayoon stayed a little more before coming out too. They swam a little then Jihyun joined them. After some time playing in the water, the girls washed the red and blue paint off their face, and get off the water to dry themselves with the thick sheet Jihyun gave them.
 
« Are you hungry? » Asked the Indian girl when they arrived into the village.
 
Jiyoon nodded. Gayoon laughed. « It’s me or you are always hungry? » She asked Jiyoon who made an innocent face.
 
Jihyun smiled. They followed her between the tepee and entered a big one. « It’s our school. » Said Jihyun. 
About ten kids were sitting on the ground and writing on paper. She turned around and faced the girls. « When do you leave? » She asked them.
 
« Tonight. » Said Gayoon determinate. « And I will come back, I don’t know when, but I will come back. » She said to Jihyun who smiled at her.
 
« And you? » she asked to Jiyoon. 
 
« I don’t know… »  Said honestly Jiyoon, shaking her shoulders.
 
Jihyun nodded. « Here » She said sitting on the floor. Jiyoon and Gayoon sat beside her. The kids came and sat too. An old Indian woman gave them food and water.
 
Jiyoon smelled the water. « Not medicinal plants in it this time? » She asked worried.
 
Jihyun laughed. « No, not this time, only for rituals. » She said reassuring the girl.
 
Gayoon finished eating and turned to Jihyun. « Do you know where we can practice firings with guns? » Jihyun frowned. 
 
Jiyoon smiled. « She just want me to teach her how to hold a gun, she want to learn how to protect herself, but she with a gun in the hands so I thought that maybe with a little practice she would became less dangerous, for us, and for herself … » Explained Jiyoon. Jihyun nodded in understanding.
 
After they were done eating, Jihyun took them on the hill, she put some little piece of tree trunk on a big rock and made a line on the floor 3 metres away. « Here, you can practice. » She said sitting behind them, still looking at how they will do.
 
Jiyoon stand in front of the line. « Look, you aim at the thing you want to touch like that, you stop breathing when you’re ready and you shoot. » She said toughing the piece of tree trunk.
 
Gayoon came beside her, she aimed the target, but Jiyoon started laughing. « What?! » Said Gayoon irritated.
 
« Your legs » She said. Jihyun started laughing too looking at Gayoon legs. « You look like an scared chicken. » Gayoon rolled her eyes and sighed angrily. Jiyoon stopped laughing. « Here, like that. » She said putting Gayoon legs a little apart, in the right way. « Lean on your legs like that. Not like you were. You need to keep one’s balance, see? »
 
Gayoon nodded, she aimed again. She shot, but missed the target. Jiyoon came closer. « Okay, your eyes need to see this. » She said showing the top of the gum. « And in the same time your target. »
 
« That’s what I do. » Said Gayoon.
 
« Obviously not. » Said Jiyoon. « Or you would touch the trunk… you shot so far away… »
 
Gayoon swallowed hard. « It’s because guns scare me. It make me nervous and I can’t focus… »
 
Jiyoon scratched her head. « Then I can’t do nothing to help you… »  
 
Jihyun stood up. « I think I have something. » She said. « Stay here. » 
 
When she came back with a bow and arrow and gave it to Gayoon, showing her how to hold it, Jiyoon rolled her eyes. « She can’t hold a gun, how do you want her to- » She cut herself seeing Gayoon impaled the arrow in the tree trunk. « Forget what I was saying. It’s totally what you need. » She said.
 
Jihyun took a red flower and cut it. She made red mark in the middle of the tree trunk and looked at the girls. « What to try to see who is the best? » She said in a defiant tone.
 
Jiyoon loaded her gun, Gayoon armed her bow and Jihyun took her hatchet. The three girls touched the trunk in the red mark. They practiced all day, laughing and challenging each other. They tried to shoot with their head down, or on one feet… And it was with sadness that the girls left the Indian village.
 
The girls decided to left at the end of the day because it was easier for them to travel in the night. Hyuna’s dad was probably looking for Gayoon so they needed to be discreet.
 
The night was cold and silent. All they heard were the steps of Gayoon’s horse on the dry ground. They wanted to travel all night, find somewhere to rest the next day, then made a plan to attack the gold diggers in the next night… if they didn’t stopped they would be in the city almost in the morning, but it was the middle of the night and Jiyoon saw some lights in the night.
 
« I didn’t know there were a city here. » Said Jiyoon looking around. « It’s a deserted place… »
 
Gayoon frowned. « You’re right, there is no city here… I know the area… there is no city here. Stay silent, we will bypass… » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon pouted. « Why do you want to bypass? If it’s not a city it’s probably a camp fire, nothing dangerous, maybe they have something to eat… » Said Jiyoon. « We ate the last things Jihyun gave us before we left… » She added. « And I’m hungry… »
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « We will came closer and look at what is it, but if it’s too suspicious we left. Okay? » She said to Jiyoon who nodded.
 
They advanced in silence, they were now close to the camp, Jiyoon took support on Gayoon shoulders and tried to look at the camp, then Gayoon heard a loud sound and Jiyoon wasn’t behind her anymore.
 
The girl were on the floor, a lasso around her. Men captured her, they walked to them, with fire torch, Gayoon’s horse started jumping, he was afraid… 
 
Jiyoon tried to stood up, but her arms were tied up in the lasso and the man pulled the lasso violently when she tried to stood up. Gayoon calmed her horse and took her bow in hands, she fired an arrow in the man who had the lasso, he let go of the lasso and fell from his horse. Gayoon had touched his legs. 
 
On of the men loaded his rifle and pointed at Gayoon. Jiyoon looked around, the men were 4, now 3, one of them were on the floor, an arrow in his legs. She stood up, putting the lasso on the ground. Gayoon looked at her.
 
« Put your bow out. » Said the man with the rifle to Gayoon.
 
« Do you thing you can touch the two guys on the left? » She whispered to her. Jiyoon looked around and saw the two men. She nodded slowly. « Then shoot them while I take care of the one with the rifle… »
 
« Don’t you think I shoul- »
 
« No. » Said Gayoon looking at her in the eyes. « Remember I’m the one who made plan. » Jiyoon rolled her eyes.
 
« I said put the bow aside! » Repeated the cowboy irritating by the girls. « Now! » He shouted.
 
Gayoon looked at her bow, an arrow was ready, she guy seemed afraid, he saw how she touched the first men.
 
Jiyoon was waiting for something, she was afraid Gayoon couldn’t touch him before he shout first. So without waiting she took her gun quickly and shouted the guy with the rifle before Gayoon told her something.
 
The two other guy took they gun and quickly shouted at the girls, Gayoon’s horse reared and started running opposite to the cowboy. Gayoon tried to stop him but the horse keep running, she looked behind and saw the guys around Jiyoon.
 
« Agh! This girl! » She shouted angrily. « Why did she never listen to me! »
 
The horse finally stopped. Gayoon wasn’t too far away from the camp. She need a plan. The men were four, two were hurt, one on the legs, the other in the stomach. She looked around and saw a little hill on the opposite of the camp. She had an idea. She took her horse and went to the hill. She stayed on top of it and looked at the camp.
 
There were two tents, the fire in the middle and the horses were in a little fence made with weak old wood, they probably found around. Gayoon remembered that a mine were close. 
 
She took her horse and went to the mine, she put her things in the mine and looked at her horse in the eyes. She put the last apple they had in the mine. « Listen, you will help me… » She said to her horse. She had this horse since she was a little girl. She grow up with him, and he always listened to her. She showed him the apple. « It’s yours if you came back here. » She said.
 
She let their bags in the mine, took off the horse’s saddle and came back to the hill, walking with her horse. It was still the night, but the sun would show up soon. She need to be quick.
 
She made a little fire and enflamed on of her arrow, she fired on one of the tents, the canvas took fire and the men started running around trying to stop the fire. She hit her horse on the back. « Go! » She said to him, he run straight in the camp. She took a second arrow and made fire to the second tent.
 
Her horse reared against the wood fence and broke it, the horses run everywhere, and the two men not hurt tried to caught them, but they couldn’t. Gayoon looked at them, they run away with their wounded friends.
 
So Gayoon ran to Jiyoon. She was tied up close to where the horse were and the fire became bigger. Gayoon ran faster, the faster the could until she was in the camp. She quickly untied Jiyoon who hugged her tightly.
 
Gayoon was surprise, but she felt good. She was relieved that the girl was save. « You are okay? » She asked Jiyoon who needed. They looked around fire was everywhere.
 
« We need to go. » Said Gayoon. She took Jiyoon’s hand and they run away. After some minutes, they entered the mine, Gayoon horse was here, eating his apple. 
 
« Thank you. » Said Jiyoon looking down. « And I’m sorry… now that I think about it, I should have listen to you… »
 
Gayoon sighed. « You’re save, it’s the most important. »
 
« But you could have let me… » Said Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon looked at her, and hesitated. « We have a deal, I couldn’t let you with them. » She finally said putting the saddle back on her horse.
 
Jiyoon put her hand on Gayoon shoulder, making the girl facing her. « No, I know it’s not because of the deal, it was my fault, you didn’t have to help me, you did it because your heart is pure. » She said touching Gayoon chest just on the level of her heart.
 
Gayoon swallowed hard. « You helped me with those guys and you stayed by my side since…I left my home… » Gayoon couldn’t talk about what happened to her dad because it made her very sad. And she didn’t wanted to cry now, she need revenge to feel free to cry over her dad’s death…
 
Jiyoon understood and nodded, hugging the girl again. « Don’t worry, you will have your revenge. » Said Jiyoon letting the girl go. « We should wait before going. »
 
« Why? » Asked Gayoon.
 
« It’s the morning, We should find something to eat and rest. » Said Jiyoon.
 
« But… the only city close to here is the one we got caught after the battle in the saloon… » Said Gayoon. « They’re probably looking for us now. »
 
« We really need to find a place. » Said Jiyoon. « I know someone who have a farm close to here, at the east of the big city. Maybe he can help us. » She explained to Gayoon.
 
They put their things on the horse and took the direction of the farm. Arrived in front of the farm Gayoon looked at it with wide eyes. « Are you sure someone live here? » She asked Jiyoon who rolled her eyes.
 
« Last week he lived here… » Said Jiyoon. She walked to the door and knocked, but the door broke and fell on the floor of the house, making a big cloud of dust. Jiyoon shook her hand in front of her face to made the air breathable. She coughed a little entering the house. Gayoon followed her, putting and her nose under her shirt.
 
They looked inside. But it was desert. Jiyoon tried to call for someone but nobody was here. They were about to left when a young man stopped them at the door.
 
« Who are you? What are you doing here? » He asked angrily.
 
Jiyoon crinkled her eyes to see him. « Peniel? » She asked. He looked at her. « It’s me Jiyoon. » She said.
 
He entered and picked up the door, trying to put the door back in the entrance. He lighted a candle and came closer to the two girls to see then.
 
« What are you doing here? All the city is looking for you and your friend. » He said to Jiyoon, showing her the paper stuck on all the wall in the big city. The girls looked at the paper, their head were drawing on it, and the sheriff offered lots of money at the people who would find them.
 
« But I’m not a murderer… » Said Jiyoon tearing up the paper. She looked at Gayoon. « They said I helped you killing you dad and escaping the prison. »
 
Gayoon looked down. « I’m sorry, but you know it’s totally untrue. » Said Gayoon trying to calm down the girl.
 
Jiyoon pushed Gayoon away. « Maybe, but everybody believe it! » Said Jiyoon angrily. « I couldn’t come back home if they accuse me to be a murderer! My family needs me, they need me to comeback with enough gold…»
 
Gayoon swallowed hard, Peniel looked at her sadly. « Jiyoon, you will find a way to get out of here. » Said the young boy. « But for now, you two should follow me. We can’t stay here. »
 
« Why? » Asked Gayoon.
 
« The farm is not mine anymore… » He said sadly. « I live with some friends in the big city now. »
 
« But they will see us. » Said Gayoon.
 
« Here, put this. » He said giving them dresses.
 
Gayoon smiled. « They’re so pretty. »
 
« Don’t ask where they come from, some highway robber stole the bags of rich travellers who pass by here and hide it here because I abandoned the farm… » He said looking at the dresses. « I find lot’s of clothes in the barn…» 
 
« I won’t wear this. » Said Jiyoon coldly. 
 
Peniel sighed. « Come on Jiyoon, just put it over your clothes the time we pass in the city… » He said, but Jiyoon shook her head and left the farm. Gayoon put the dress on the table and followed the girl.
 
« Jiyoon wait! » she called her, but Jiyoon didn’t stop walking. Gayoon ran after her and took her arm. « Jiyoon… » She said facing the girl. Jiyoon stopped and looked at Gayoon angrily. « Don’t left me right now… remember, I didn’t left you last night, so stay with me a little more, we’re almost done, I will have my revenge, and you will have gold, everything will be fine… » Said Gayoon. Jiyoon look softened. Gayoon smiled at her. « Now you come back in and you put one of those pretty dresses! » Gayoon turned around and looked at Jiyoon. « Please… » She said walking back to the house. 
 
Jiyoon rolled her eyes, she looked at Gayoon walking back in the house and sighed. She rolled her eyes, but decided to follow the girl because she really needed this gold…
 
She was at the door, ready to enter when she heard Gayoon talking with Peniel.
 
« How do you meet her? » She asked him.
 
He laughed. « It’s a funny story. » He said. « Some kids stole my chickens and I couldn’t do anything because I needed to stay here and run the farm. And Jiyoon knocked on the door. She was looking for the big city, but was lost, I gave her water and food, and she wanted to thank me, so I asked her to find the kids who stole my chickens… »
 
« And she did it? » Asked Gayoon curious.
 
Peniel laughed again. « Yes, she came back at the end of the day with my chickens and the two kids. » He said. « She find their family and took them back home, they had ran away and their parents where happy that someone took them back. » 
 
« She is such a nice and brave person… » Said Gayoon. « I’m lucky to have her by my side. » She said to Peniel.
 
« And you, how did you meet her? Did she help you with chickens? » He asked laughing.
 
Gayoon shook her head. « No, we meet after the fight in the saloon. » Said Gayoon. « We escaped together. » She explained.
 
« And you’re still with her? » He asked curious. 
 
« Yeah » Said Gayoon laughing. « All the things that happened to us made us stick together… And to be honest I don’t think I would have the strength to come back here if she wasn’t with me all this time… I may be smart, but she help me keep my determination. » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon stayed behind the door, thinking about what they said about her when someone pushed the door.
 
« You’re here. » Said Gayoon smiling at her. Jiyoon looked up, Peniel was holding the door.
 
« Yes, where is my dress? » Asked Jiyoon smiling at them.
 
Gayoon gave her a dress. Peniel waited for them in front of the house. Jiyoon turned around, not looking at Gayoon this time, but the girl called her.
 
« Can you help me please? » Jiyoon turned around and looked at Gayoon. 
 
Jiyoon frowned. « Why do you keep your clothes under the dress? » She asked. « I thought you would be happy to wear a dress and not a pants. »
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « I think I rather the pants now that I know how comfy and convenient it is. » Explained Gayoon. Jiyoon started laughing. « Don’t laugh and help me with the corset… » Said Gayoon. « I can’t lace it alone. »
 
Jiyoon helped her putting the corset over her shirt and laced it. Then Gayoon put the dress and helped Jiyoon with hers.
 
Jiyoon felt so uncomfortable in the dress. « How can women wear things like this? » She asked trying to fix her appearance.
 
« To be pretty. » Said Gayoon helping Jiyoon again. « Here, let me do something with your hair, they’re short, but I think I can fasten them. » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon sat on the chair and let Gayoon do her hair, she looked at the clothes and saw an umbrella. « We should take this, it may hide us a little. » She said showing the umbrella to Gayoon who agreed. 
 
« Hurry! » Said Peniel from outside.
 
« Wait a minute! » Said Jiyoon. She hide her belt and her gun under the dress, and Gayoon tried to do the same, but her bow was too big… Then they finally get out of the house and hide their stuffs in the bag before giving it to Peniel.
 
Peniel looked at them with wide eyes. « You are beautiful… » He said to the girls.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « See, dresses make girls pretty in men eyes. » 
 
Jiyoon looked at herself then at Gayoon. « But he’s right, we’re very beautiful. » Said Jiyoon. « I don’t think it’d a good idea… we won’t be discreet like that, on the contrary… all eyes will be on us… » Said Jiyoon a little scared now.
 
Peniel put his hand on Jiyoon shoulder. « Don’t worry, If they see you with me and my friends they will know they can’t approach you. » He said before turning around. « Ready now? » 
 
« Yes, I’m so tired, and I’m sure Jiyoon is hungry. » Said Gayoon following Peniel. 
 
Jiyoon frowned and put her hand on her stomach. « It didn’t rumble… how do you know I’m hungry? » She asked Gayoon following her.
 
Gayoon started laughing. « I just know. » She said with a wink.
 
Jiyoon pouted. « Come one, tell me. » She insisted.
 
« I told you, you are always hungry. » Said Gayoon ignoring her now.
 
« I’m not always hungry… » Pouted Jiyoon.
 
Peniel took them to his cart. « I added your horse while you were changing yourself. » He said to Gayoon who nodded. « Now lady if you want me to take you to the big city. » He said like a gentlemen, helping the girls sitting on the cart.
 
Arrived in the big city, Jiyoon took the umbrella and opened it over Gayoon and her. Peniel made the horse turn to the left and stopped in a little street between two big house. One of them were a alcohol shop.
 
« I will talk to my friends, stay here. » He explained, helping the girl get down the cart.
 
He entered the shop, Jiyoon looked around. « This stupid papers are stick everywhere. » She said putting the paper out the wall beside her. But their faces were on all city’s wall…
 
Gayoon frowned. « It’s a miracle if nobody saw us… » She said looking down when people passed by them. 
 
Peniel came back with a sad face. « I’m sorry girls, but they don’t want problem, one of us is already in jail… Try to go to the hotel and ask a room… » He said sadly giving them a basket with some food. « Here for you. » He smiled. « You will find your horse in the fence behind the store. » He added. « Good luck. »
 
Jiyoon sighed, she thanked him and took Gayoon by the arm. They walked a little and stopped in front of the hotel. Gayoon frowned. « We don’t have money, how do you want us to pay a room? » She asked Jiyoon.
 
« I don’t know, let me think. » Said the short haired woman.
 
Gayoon laughed. « I thought I was the one who used her head. » She joked.
 
Jiyoon hit her in the arm. « Don’t make fun of me… »
 
Gayoon turned around and saw the saloon. « We should ask this girl, Sohyun. » She said to Jiyoon.
 
« The one who helped us escape the sheriff? » Asked Jiyoon not sure about this idea. Gayoon nodded. « I don’t know, I don’t really want to enter this saloon again… »
 
« Listen we just look inside to see if she’s here, if not, we took the food Peniel gave us and we go sleep in the mine. » Said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon sighed. She really wanted to sleep in a real bed… « Okay, but we stay discreet, and don’t look at the guys or they will try to harass us again… » Said Jiyoon not wanting to fight in this dress.
 
They crossed the street and entered the saloon, it was empty and it smelled alcohol and cigarettes. Gayoon stayed beside Jiyoon and looked down, Jiyoon looked around, but she couldn’t see the young cabaret dancer. 
 
« Do you see her? » asked Jiyoon looking at Gayoon, but she saw that she was looking down. « Don’t need to look scared, act normal… » Whispered Jiyoon.
 
« But I’m scared » Said Gayoon looking at Jiyoon then looking down again. 
 
Jiyoon looked around again. She walked in a little more and stayed beside the bar. Gayoon took her by the arm. Jiyoon caught some men looking at them, she felt like a prey.
 
« Gayoon I think we should left… » Said Jiyoon.
 
They turned around but the men stood up and walked to the door. They couldn’t left. 
 
« We’re stuck… » Said Gayoon looking around for the first time. « The stair… » She whispered looking at the stair at their right. Jiyoon nodded and walked to the stair, Gayoon followed her, the guy smiled and walked to the stair too, Jiyoon started running, Gayoon too. 
 
In the corridor were lots or doors and all of them were close. Jiyoon tried to open one but it was locked, Gayoon tried an another but it was locked too. They looked at each other. 
 
« Try all the door! » Said Gayoon when she heard the step foot of the guy in the stair. Finally one of the door opened and Jiyoon quickly took Gayoon by the hand locking the door behind them, it was all dark.
 
They put their ear on the door, listening to the guy walking in the corridor then he left. They sighed in relief.
 
« Do you need something? » Asked a man voice in the room. Someone lit a match and enlightened the room with candles.
 
Jiyoon and Gayoon turned around, they could now see three people in the bed, two girls and a boy.
 
« Hyuna? » They asked at the same time.
 
The girl laughed. « What are you two doing here? » She asked.
 
Sohyun was in the bed too. « Yeah, I thought you would be far away… the sheriff is still looking for you. » She said.
 
The guy looked at them confuse. « Can someone explain me what happened? Who are this girls? » He asked Hyuna.
 
« They’re my friend. I think you should left now. » She said to him.
 
« But- »
 
« Next time Ilhoon. » Said Sohyun winking at the young man.
 
He rolled his eyes and stood up, he took his clothes and he kissed the two girls in the bed before leaving, without forgot to bow politely to Jiyoon and Gayoon.
 
« Sorry… » Said Jiyoon.
 
« Sorry? » Asked Gayoon. « Why are you telling them sorry? » She said to Jiyoon before turning to Hyuna. « What you were about to do? » Asked Gayoon to Hyuna.
 
Hyuna laughed. « Like you see we were about to- »
 
« Stop! » Said Jiyoon. She looked at Gayoon « We know what they were about to do. »
 
« Yeah but the three of them? » She asked shocked.
 
Hyuna laughed even more. « Gayoon… you will learn that man love it when they can have two girls at the same time » Explained Hyuna.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « Don’t talk to me like you’re older. I know that, I just …didn’t know it was your kind of …stuff… » She said hesitating.
 
« If you want to know, I rarely do it, and I just share men with Sohyun. » Explained Hyuna.
 
« We don’t really want to know. » Said Jiyoon. « I’m tired, can we stay here for the rest of the day? » She asked with puppy eyes.
 
« Yes » Said Sohyun. « When do you left? »
 
« Tonight. » Said Jiyoon. «  We really need to sleep… »
 
Hyuna took Sohyun and they left the room to Gayoon and Jiyoon. « Don’t forget to lock the door or some people could come in and stole your room. » Said Hyuna joking.
 
« Yeah, yeah… » Said Gayoon closing the door behind her without forget to lock it.
 
« We’re safe now. And we have a real bed! » Said Jiyoon jumping in the bed.
 
« Wait. » Said Gayoon pushing Jiyoon out the bed. She opened the closet and took clean sheet. « I won’t sleep in this dirty sheets. » She said to Jiyoon who nodded.
 
Jiyoon looked inside the basket. They shared the food. It wasn’t as good as the Indian food but the boys from the alcohol shop gave them lots of fruits and fresh water.
 
 They finally decided to go to sleep. It was almost moon and they needed to left when it was dark.
 
« Can you help me with this dress please? » Asked Jiyoon fighting against the dress. 
 
Gayoon smiled and came behind her. « Put your arms up. » She said, she took the bottom of the dress and take it up over Jiyoon head. Then she unlaced the corset. Jiyoon was now in her black pants and grey shirt. Gayoon faced her and started ing the shirt.
 
Jiyoon swallowed hard. « Euh… I think it’s okay now… » Said Jiyoon embarrassed.
 
Gayoon looked up and blushed. « Sorry... » She said shyly. « I was in my thoughts and I didn’t pay attention at what I was doing. » She explained quickly.
 
Jiyoon laughed. « Don’t worry. » She reassured her. « Do you need help? » Gayoon nodded. Jiyoon helped her taking off the dress.
 
Then they sat on opposite side of the bed and took off their pants, Gayoon kept her shirt, and Jiyoon took it off. They lay in the bed looking at the ceiling in silence.
 
Gayoon was tired, but she couldn’t sleep, she turned in the bed, Jiyoon was already sleeping. Gayoon smiled, Jiyoon was a sleepy head but she felt safe with her. Jiyoon was the only person she was close to, beside her dad. Her only friend was Hyuna, but they weren’t very close, she knew her because their dads were friends…
 
It’s been one hour that Jiyoon was sleeping, and Gayoon couldn’t find sleep yet, she sighed. She turned around and faced Jiyoon who softly snored. The only thought that passed in her head was Jiyoon leaving her. 
 
Once they were done with the gold diggers, Jiyoon would left her and go back to her life. Gayoon will be alone again, without family and without friends… The Indians were nice, but she hardly made friends. And this friendship they built together was exceptional, she knew deep inside herself that she would never have another friend like Jiyoon. 
 
In such a short time, they forged strong link. They became close and trusted each other. Gayoon sighed again. She wanted this travel to never stop. She wanted to run away with Jiyoon all her life. But she knew that she couldn’t force the girl to stay by her side…
 
Gayoon bit her lips, she was so close to Jiyoon, that she could feel her breath against her face. It smelled apple. Gayoon smiled. She put her hand on Jiyoon face and caressed the girl cheek slowly. 
 
Jiyoon moved a little and was now on her back, Gayoon put her hand away and gave a kiss on Jiyoon forehead.
 
How this girl, who was a stranger days ago was now a person so important for her? Gayoon rolled over and faced the wall, she really needed to sleep. Luckily, reassuring arms hugged her. Feeling save, Gayoon closed her eyes. 
 
It was almost midnight, some noise in the rooms next the them wake Gayoon up, she started putting her clothes, and came closer to Jiyoon.
 
« Wake up, we need to left. » Whispered Gayoon.
 
« I’m sleeping… » Mumbled Jiyoon turning on the other side of the bed.
 
Gayoon sat on the bed and shake Jiyoon a little. « Come on, wake up. » She said again. But Jiyoon just hide under the blanket. Gayoon sighed. « Like you want. » She said standing up. She walked to the end of the bed and took the blanket, pulling it out of the bed.
 
Jiyoon grumbled and curled up in the bed. « I need to sleep more… » She said pouting.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes and continued preparing her stuffs. Jiyoon was still pouting when she get up, she put her clothes on and looked at Gayoon. « Do we need to wear the dresses again? » She asked the girl who didn’t looked at her.
 
« No, it’s okay. » Just said Gayoon.
 
Jiyoon nodded and put the dress in her bag. Once everything was ready, they slowly opened the door and looked it the corridor, it was empty, Jiyoon get out and walked to the stair, they could hear the people down, talking laughing, arguing and drinking…
 
They get down the stair, trying to be discreet, it still smelled alcohol and cigarettes, Gayoon frowned, she hated this smell. They walked to the door quickly and get out of the saloon without problem. 
 
Jiyoon followed Gayoon to the alcohol shop and waited for her to get the horse. While she was waiting, her eyes closed a little, she was still so tired and it was hard to totally wake up. Luckily she could rest on the horse some more hours.
 
They finally left the city, Jiyoon put her head on Gayoon’s back and rested during the night. Gayoon looked around and guided the horse in the desert. They travelled during all the night when Jiyoon finally open her eyes and was now fully aware of the situation.
 
« We need to stop here. » Said Gayoon stopping the horse close to a little hill.
 
« Why? » Asked Jiyoon looking around. « You said we would arrive at the end of the night. » She added angrily. « Are you sure it’s the good road?! »
 
Gayoon frowned. « We were too slow, I’m hungry and I need to rest. » She said coldly.
 
Jiyoon sighed. « Sorry, I don’t want us to fight, it’s just that it’s tiring to travel like that, and I’m thinking about my family… » Explained Jiyoon.
 
Gayoon swallowed hard and looked down. « I need a walk. » She said leaving Jiyoon.
 
Jiyoon looked at the girl left and walked to the opposite, Gayoon was strange since they left the saloon, but Jiyoon thought it was just the lack of sleep who made her like that, but just now she saw guilty in Gayoon’s eyes, and was sure something was up with the girl.
 
The short haired girl find a road, lots of horses and wheel tracks on the same line. The sun started to shine and Jiyoon looked at the horizon. A Old man was coming in her direction, she put her hat to hide her face a little and waited for him. He stopped at her level.
 
« Are you lost young lady? » He asked smiling.
 
Jiyoon looked around and explained to him where they needed to go, he frowned at her. Jiyoon swallowed hard.
 
« You’re in the wrong direction » He finally said. Jiyoon sighed in relieve, she thought during a moment that he recognized her but he was just thinking. « You’re almost on the opposite road here. » He said. « Just go there and follow the south, you will find your city. » He explained pointing the direction for Jiyoon to see where to go.
 
She thanked him and came back to Gayoon, the girl took them in the wrong direction…
 
« Gayoon?! » She called when she saw that she didn’t came back yet. Jiyoon sighed and followed Gayoon direction, finding the girl tracing some line on the ground. « You’re here. » She said coming closer.
 
Gayoon jumped and erased the drawing she did on the ground with her feet. « What is it? » She asked a little afraid by the look in Jiyoon eyes.
 
« We’re in the wrong direction. And you seem to know it! » Said Jiyoon crossing her arms on her chest.
 
Gayoon took a big breath. « I‘m sorry- »
 
« No » Cut Jiyoon. « What were you thinking?! » She asked angrily. « Do you want us to go round and round?! Don’t you want your revenge anymore? » She asked quickly. « If it’s the case, tell me now! » She shouted.
 
Gayoon swallowed hard. « I… » She clenched her teeth and looked down.
 
Jiyoon sighed seeing that Gayoon couldn‘t finish her sentence, she turned around and came back to the horse.
 
« Don’t leave me… » Whispered Gayoon watching Jiyoon disappeared behind the rocks.
 
Gayoon stayed here all day, thinking about what she did, she was sitting behind one of the rocks and started crying. She just wanted more time with Jiyoon…
 
Someone touched her shoulder. Gayoon jumped and looked at the person, it was Jiyoon, she stood up quickly, drying her tears with her shirts sleeves.
 
Jiyoon looked at her sadly. « I was thinking all day and… did something happen at the saloon? » Asked Jiyoon concerned. « You act weirdly till we left it. » She explained. « Did someone did something to you while I was sleeping? » She asked worried about Gayoon’s mood. Gayoon shook her head. « You know you can tell me everything. » added Jiyoon reassured her.
 
« You won’t left? » Asked Gayoon playing with her fingers.
 
Jiyoon laughed. « No, I won’t left, you promised me gold. » She said joking. Gayoon rolled her eyes. « Come on, tell me what’s on your mind. » Said Jiyoon smiling at her.
 
Gayoon sighed. She hesitated, but Jiyoon’s reassuring look helped her. « I wanted two or three more days… » Confessed Gayoon. 
 
Jiyoon frowned. « You need time to make a plan? » She asked confuse.
 
Gayoon shook her head. « More time with you. » Said Gayoon. Seeing the confuse look on Jiyoon face, she explained. « You know since my dad death, I feel like you’re the only person I can trust, and I don’t want to end this adventure so soon… » She said looking at Jiyoon to see her reaction, but Jiyoon just looked at her. « Do you understand? » Jiyoon nodded. « Are you still mad at me? » Asked Gayoon curious now. 
 
But Jiyoon shook her head no. « I understand, but we can’t take our time now, and here. Not in this area when two sheriffs are looking for us. » Said Jiyoon. « And I thought you were the brain of the team! » Joked Jiyoon. 
 
Gayoon hit her in the shoulder. « I’m the brain! » Said Gayoon. « It’s just that recently I listened more my heart than my brain… » Jiyoon smiled. « I hope you didn’t ate all the food while I was here?! » 
 
Jiyoon made a face. « I was hungry and a little angry at you so… »
 
« You ate all the food?! » Asked Gayoon again, running to the camp Jiyoon made. She looked around and find kiwis. « Luckily you don’t like that… » Said Gayoon taking the kiwis for herself. Jiyoon busted in laugher. Gayoon frowned. « What?! »
 
« You believe everything… » Said Jiyoon giving Gayoon the bag with the food. « Eating everything would have made me guilty…. » Said Jiyoon. «  We still have four hours before the night. We should rest a little. » She said, Gayoon nodded with full of food.
 
« You will eat that? » Asked Jiyoon looking at the food.
 
Gayoon swallowed  her food and nodded. « I thought you already ate? »
 
« Yeah, but seeing food made me hungry. » Said Jiyoon like it was evident. Gayoon rolled her eyes and shared the last food they had in the bag.
 
Gayoon installed the blanket on the ground and lay on it, on her back, Jiyoon lay beside her, in the same position. They stayed in the relaxing silence some times then Gayoon felt Jiyoon shivering.
 
« Are you cold? » She asked turning her head to see her friend. 
 
Jiyoon nodded, so Gayoon turned around and put her arms around Jiyoon « Here. » She said snuggling up against Jiyoon. She took the piece of blanket who were free and covered Jiyoon a little. « Now you will be less cold. » Said Gayoon.
 
Even if they didn’t sleep, the girls felt relaxed, they looked at the sky darkened little by little.
 
« We should go… » Whispered Jiyoon. Gayoon sighed, she didn’t wanted to let Jiyoon go.
 
They finally left. If they walked all the night, they would be at Gayoon house before noon…
 
They were almost at Gayoon farm when Jiyoon stomach rumbled. Gayoon rolled her eyes. « I know where we can find something to eat. » She said.
 
They stopped in front of a big forest. « They is lots of forest in this area of the country. » Said Jiyoon « Where I came from they is only desert and desert… » 
 
Gayoon nodded. « That’s why my dad buy this lands, the forest on this side, the desert here and the river not to far away, it was perfect for the farm. » Explained Gayoon. « Follow me, I know how to find fruits and vegetable in this forest. » Said Gayoon entering the forest.
 
They were picking some vegetables when they heard a weird noises. Gayoon turned around but strong arms caught her. Jiyoon looked at her and wanted to help her but someone hit in the back with a wooden plank. 
 
Jiyoon regained consciousness hearing Gayoon crying for help. Jiyoon looked around, Gayoon was tied up on the floor, inside the house. Jiyoon was free, she stood up and ran to Gayoon trying to freeing her, but someone caught her by the arms, taking her away.
 
« Jiyoonie… » Said the man.
 
Jiyoon looked  at him. « You?! » She said angrily. « Let us go. »
 
« Didn’t know you knew my friend. » He said to Gayoon who frowned. « Come on Jiyoonie how did you meet this girl? Did she told you about all the gold under her house? » He asked Curious.
 
« What gold? » Asked Gayoon.
 
He laughed. « She didn’t know?! » He stopped laughing and looked at Jiyoon. « Under this house, we dig a hole and find gold, lots of gold, we find one of the biggest golden source. We’re digging a gold mine under this house. I thought she knew about the gold and have told you. » He said. « If not I don’t understand why you’re here young girl. »
 
Jiyoon looked at him. « She’s my friend, and you killed her dad. » She said angrily. « But I’m not surprise, I knew you were bad the day you abandoned me in the desert after promising me gold to help my family. » She said hitting him on the chest, without really hurting him, he was strong.
 
He laughed again. « I left you follow us during five months, I’m not a babysitter. » He explained. « Look at you now you’re a beautiful woman… » He said caressing her cheek. Gayoon looked at him with disgust. Jiyoon pushed his hand away. « Did your family still live in the streets? » He asked with a mischievous smile.
 
Jiyoon looked down. « No, the sheriff of our city let them live behind his office… in the stables… » Confessed Jiyoon. 
 
« And how’s your dad leg? » He asked again.
 
Jiyoon swallowed hard. « He lost his leg last year… » She explained. « He couldn’t pay the doctor so nobody look at it and when he finally find money it was to late so they cut his leg. » She explained.
 
He put his hand on his shoulder. « Your lucky I’m a good man, and that I like you a lot Jiyoonie. » He said. « Here. » He added showing a big bad full of gold. « It’s all for you. » He said smiling at her.
 
Jiyoon looked at him not confident. « Really? » She asked suspicious.
 
He nodded. « Everything for my little gold digger. » He said. « Now go before I change my mind. »
 
« But and my friend? » She asked looking at Gayoon still tied up, sitting on the floor.
 
He stood up in front of Jiyoon. « If you want your friend then you can forget this gold » He said pointing at the bag. « It her or the gold. » He added with a sadist smile. « And I know that your family is everything for you so let me work now. » He said pushing her at the door, Jiyoon turned around. She could see fair and sadness in Gayoon eyes, but this gold was her ticket for a good life with her family with the gold in the bag she could buy two houses and food, with this, her family would never be poor again.
 
She couldn’t choose the girl she meet days ago over her family… Jiyoon felt bad, and dirty doing this to her friend, but she didn’t had the choice. 
 
Gayoon was crying, she stayed on tied on the floor all day, the men were busy extracting the gold from the ground and Gayoon thought about Jiyoon, she knew the girl would left her one day, but like this, it was heartbroken. Gayoon didn’t know Jiyoon’s family was so poor… and she kind of understood that the girl choose her family, but she was afraid, and the person she trusted the most wasn’t here…
 
Gayoon’s heart was hurting, she felt so empty, the men who killed her dad were in front of her and she couldn’t do nothing. She knew that they wouldn’t let her alive. And thinking about dying made her felt a little better, no more suffering about her dad, no more suffering about her life. Maybe after they kill her she would feel like a relieve.
 
She thought about her dad, all the good memories came in her mind, when he taught her how to ride her horse, when they cooked together, and she smiled. 
 
This quest was too exhausting and without Jiyoon, the lost her strength and her determination… She felt tired and sad. When the night started falling she fell asleep on the cold floor of her old house…
 
It was the middle of the night when Gayoon woke up because of a loud noise. Like something big fell on the floor. It was dark, the only light came from the moon outside. Gayoon frowned and tried to look in the half light, when she saw a shadow, then a figure.
 
She couldn’t see who it was, but it wasn’t very tall.
 
« Gayoon? » She heard in a whisper. It was Jiyoon.
 
« I’m here. » She said moving a little.
 
Jiyoon ran to her and cut the ties. She helped her stood up. « Quick! » She whispered taking Gayoon hand in hers. They get out by on of the window and ran away from the house. They stopped and hide beside the fences of the propriety where Jiyoon left Gayoon horse.
 
« You came back ? » Asked Gayoon shocked to see Jiyoon here. The short haired girl nodded. « But your family?! » Asked Gayoon sadly.
 
« I couldn’t let you here, you saved me once… » Explained Jiyoon. « When I was leaving I thought about the time we had together, and my heart hurt. » Confessed Jiyoon hugging Gayoon tightly. « You’re like my family too… » 
 
Gayoon broke the hug and looked at Jiyoon in the eyes. « Thank you… » She whispered before kissing her on the lips.
 
If Jiyoon needed to left, Gayoon would at least kiss her once…
 
Jiyoon was blushing, but luckily for her, in the night nobody could see it. She cleared and looked around. « We should left, I know them, an another one will stand the guard and see that I punched the first one with a rock and tied his legs and arms. » Explained Jiyoon taking Gayoon hands in hers.
 
« But I can’t left. » Said Gayoon.
 
« Why?! » Asked Jiyoon afraid by the look in Gayoon eyes.
 
« They will pay for what they did… » She said angrily.
 
Jiyoon swallowed hard but nodded. It was the plan from the beginning…
 
« I saw explosives in the house beside where they tied me. And they all sleep on the first floor. » She said to Jiyoon. « I will make my house explode. » Said Gayoon squeezing Jiyoon’s hand.
 
Jiyoon quickly made a fire and Gayoon took her bow and prepared herself, she made fire on the first arrow and fired in the house. The fire made light in the house they could see the table with the dynamite on it and the can of explosives they use to dig under the house. Gayoon took another arrow and targeted the can. But she missed it. One of the men wake up tried to shout at them with a rifle by the window before seeing the fire in the house. Gayoon took an another arrow and didn’t miss the can this time. A first explosion followed by three others. The house disappeared in a thick smoke.
 
Gayoon watched her burning house. Jiyoon put her hand on Gayoon’s shoulder. « It’s over, we need to go now… » She said to her.
 
Gayoon looked at Jiyoon and nodded.
 
Two days later they were back in the Indian village. They slept in a warm and comfy Indian tepee. They ate delicious food and drank fresh water. 
 
« I missed this… » Said Jiyoon with full of meat.
 
Gayoon rolled her eyes. « You just missed having lots of food. » She said mocking the short haired girl who pouted.
 
After they ate, Gayoon helped Jihyun driving the horse on the hill. Jihyun was looking at Gayoon.
 
« Are you okay? » She asked the girl. Gayoon nodded at the Indian girl. « Are you sure? » She asked. « You seem sadder than before… »
 
Gayoon sighed. « It’s Jiyoon… »
 
« Because she left? »
 
Gayoon nodded. « I’m afraid to be lost without her… » Explained Gayoon. « She entered my life in an important moment, I feel so connected to her, I like her. I don’t want her to leave me… »
 
Jihyun smiled. « You need to let her go and see if she come back to you. » Told her the Indian. « If she come back, you can be sure that your important for her. » 
 
« But- »
 
« Shush! » Cut Jihyun. « Gave her a reason to come back. » She said with a smile.
 
Gayoon nodded. And run to the village, Jiyoon was about to leave. Gayoon ran and take her horse.  She caught Jiyoon and hugged her. She wanted the hug to last forever, but…
 
« Gayoon… I can breath… » Said Jiyoon smiling.
 
Gayoon looked at Jiyoon and came closer to her, their noses touched and their lips were almost touching too. Gayoon smiled and closed the distance between them. This time Jiyoon responded her kiss slowly, unsure. 
 
When they broke apart Gayoon gave the horse reins to Jiyoon.
 
« What are you doing? » Asked Jiyoon.
 
« I lend you my horse. » Said Gayoon. « Like that we have a reason to meet again… » Explained Gayoon looking down.
 
Jiyoon laughed, she put her bags on the horse and turned to Gayoon, hugging her again. « Don’t worry, I promise you we will meet again. » Said Jiyoon. « Thank you for everything. »
 
« No, thank you. » Answered Gayoon before watching Jiyoon leaving the village…