II

Intertwined Destinies

Sirens and police units could be seen as Woohyun approached the park across the street of his apartment. He was carrying his sports gear as he was planning on working out in the peace and quiet of the park, but he knew with all the commotion happening down the road he’d never get that peace and quiet he was hoping for.

“Ugh… I should go and find another spot.”

 Woohyun looked at his watch noticing that he had only 15 minutes until he was expected at the training grounds for his daily training session. Looking around, he was contemplating on whether he should use his powers or not to at least get a few extra minutes in, but he was only a beginner and he had no idea how to control them. Time was ticking down as he ran through every possible situation that could arise from him abusing his gift. He looked at his watch again noticing that he just wasted 5 minutes on choosing an option. Shrugging his shoulders, he ran to his usual spot under a giant oak tree just in front of a beautiful pond which glistened in sun. It was beautiful but he had no time to admire it. Grabbing all the necessary items for his workout; his iPod, athletic shoes and water bottle he looked at his watch and prayed to the gods that he wouldn’t stuff this up like last time. Closing his eyes and concentrating hard, he placed his left index and middle finger on top of his watch and began to slowly move his fingers in an anti-clockwise direction. Woohyun was producing up a sweat from how nervous he was. He knew if this didn’t work, he was definitely going to lose his sports scholarship and he didn’t want that to happen. He knew quite well that it was situations like this that kept him between either having a successful life and no life at all, plus he didn’t want to disappoint his parents again. He was never good in school or at least the academic side of things at least. So when he got his results for his final exam, he knew that his parents wouldn’t be proud of him especially with a score of 20% or lower.

Crossing his fingers, he opened his eyes reluctantly to look at his watch. He was dreading every second that passed as his fingers glided past the top of his watch. Reading the time he let out a quiet sigh. It was still the same.

“I guess it didn’t –“

Before finishing his sentence, he lifted his head to notice that nothing was moving. Wide eyed he looked around to see that everything was in a frozen state. The birds in the sky had stopped in mid motion and the ripples in the pond had suddenly stopped flowing. This was new to Woohyun, usually he’d at least turn back time a few minutes or so never stop it completely. A small smile crept to his face as he seized this moment to get a decent work out since he now had as long as he wanted. Setting his iPod to play, the music blasted through his earphones as he began to warm up his muscles. Lifting his right leg behind him and holding it against his , he felt a sudden gush of wind brush past him. Startled, he turned to be welcome by another gush of wind behind him. He knew that it couldn’t have been the wind since everything was frozen, so what was it? Staying completely still he waited for it to brush past him again. He waited… and waited but nothing. At this point, Woohyun felt way too uneasy to start his workout regime. Putting his fingers back on his watch he began to close his eyes until he felt something grab his arms and force them behind his back.

“Don’t panic!” A voice whispered in Woohyun’s ear.

Woohyun didn’t move as he felt the cold touch of someone’s hand slowly run down his arm towards his watch.

“Ah, what are you –“

Woohyun suddenly winced in pain as he felt himself get pinched on his arm. Woohyun had no idea who was behind him and he was way too scared to turn around and take a glimpse of them, so he just obeyed their orders.

“You’ve got yourself in deep .”

Woohyun didn’t understand. What does he mean? I didn’t do anything. Well I don’t think I did.

“They know about you and your special gift, you could say.” The grip on his wrists loosened and he was free, but he was missing something. His watch was gone. He turned around to find out who the culprit responsible was but there was no one there. Woohyun knew he wasn’t alone though.

“Who are you? Why am I in ‘deep ’? I don’t understand.”

A torn piece of paper fell from the sky landing in the palms of Woohyun’s hands.

“You’ll find out soon enough, just meet me at the place written on the note at midnight.”

Looking through the note, Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Why did he have to go here?

“And make sure you’re not followed. They’ve got eyes everywhere.”

Woohyun was so confused. He had no idea what this person –if you could call it that- was talking about. Who are ‘they’?

“But-“

Woohyun was about to question the ‘whatever it was’ but was silenced by a huge gush of wind brushing through him. Falling to the ground, he suddenly realised everything was moving again. But how?

He was about to look for his watch before he remembered about the note in his hand.

“The Two Prince Casino?”

Woohyun had never heard of it before since he was never much of a gambler, plus he never had the money to ever bet on anything in a casino. He grabbed his phone to search the location, but that just made everything more confusing.

“So, apparently it’s located in the middle of the ocean?”

Woohyun looked at his screen in disbelief. He wasn’t convinced, but he wasn’t doubtful either especially after the day he was having. He decided it would be best if he asked someone since he knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere on his own.  He stumbled upon two college guys who were dressed impeccably, well the blonde one at least was. He threw himself in front of the two guys; they just stepped back and stared at Woohyun strangely.

“Do you guys know where ‘The Two Prince Casino’ is?”

The two guys just nodded.

“Where is it?”

The blonde one took his backpack off and took out a map of the city. Grabbing a pen from his pocket, he circled the location and handed it to Woohyun.

“Follow the map.”

Woohyun took the map and examined the map. He looked at it in shock. It actually was in the middle of the ocean. How was he going to get there? He had to think up something before midnight. He packed the map into his sports bag before thanking the two guys. The guys just gave Woohyun a nod in return.

Woohyun took his sports bag and began to head back to his apartment. He knew he wasn’t going to make it to training practice and he felt a sense of guilt rush through him.

Mum and Dad, I’m sorry for disappointing you once again…

-

{A/N}

Sorry if things are getting off to a slow start. I promise there will be action soon enough lol