I

Intertwined Destinies

Turning on the coffee machine, Myungsoo leaned on the countertop and looked towards the open window at the front of the coffee shop. The view was your typical crowded city view; many cars, high rise buildings and a whole lot of dull looking people. His shift didn’t end for another four hours and he was about to shoot himself in the head if he had to deal with one more customer complaint. He has only been working for an hour and there have been multiple complaints by the same customer about the way their coffee tastes. The coffee has been too sweet, too strong, too dark, too light or too milky. This was his sixth time remaking the coffee and he was getting agitated by it. He didn’t know why he kept working in this hell hole. He was paid the minimum wage plus tips (like anyone in this city gave tips though) and had no holiday days at all during the year. You could compare the shop to a sweat shop since that’s how he’s been treated these past few years but he gets health benefits which is a massive pro compared to any sweat shop. He heard the beep of the coffee machine, snapping him out of his daydream.

“Can you hurry up?! I’m going to be late!”

The customer was looking at his watch as he tapped his fingers on the counter right next to Myungsoo. Tap, tap, tap. Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he got up to go get the impatient customer’s coffee for him. Myungsoo mumbled under his breath as he heard the customer groan at the “poor” service being given to him. Handing the coffee to the man, Myungsoo watched as the customer examined every inch of the coffee. Sipping the coffee, the customer let out a long whine before spitting the coffee on the shop floor.

“This is the worse one yet! Who hired you? You are the worst barista that has inhabited this world!”

The customer grabbed the coffee and threw it in Myungsoo’s face before grabbing his wallet from the counter. Myungsoo was drenched in caffeine from head to toe. Myungsoo could take people demanding things from here, but when someone decides to insult him and throw liquid all over him, that’s when he draws the line. Taking the left over coffee he found on the counter, he poured it on the customers head. He watched as the customer turned around and glared at Myungsoo in disgust. Myungsoo knew he was going to hell for what he was about to do, but he couldn’t control the unearthly rage within him. No, I don’t want to do this!

“What the –“

Before the customer could finish his sentence, he began to scream in agony. The screams pierced the other customer’s ears, causing the customers to cover their ears. He had no idea what was happening to him. He could feel his skin slowly peel from his body as his body suddenly started to burn. Myungsoo laughed at the man’s suffering as he waved his right hand making the guy scream louder. What once was coffee soon turned into some sort of acidic liquid. He watched as the man’s face began to melt onto the ground. Muscle began to fall on to the floor at a rapid rate before it was all completely off the bone.

“You messed with the wrong barista buddy!”

 Clenching his fists, the remains of the customer’s body disintegrated into a clump of meat and bone. Oh no, it happened again! The remaining customers stared at Myungsoo in fear. They all began to scream and rush for the door in a stampede.  Myungsoo knew he was in deep and he had to get out of there before the police arrived. Jumping over the counter, he headed for the front door and bolted out into the city streets. He sprinted down the street trying to avoid oncoming pedestrians. Everyone was staring at him as if he was some sort of monster. But you are a monster.

Placing his hands on his head, he shook his head furiously. “No I’m not, you’re the monster!”

He could hear the screams of sirens behind him nearing closer every second. He reached the end of the street only to realise police were already blocking all the exits. Sweat dripped down his face as he searched through the sea of traffic and citizens for any escape route he could find. Turning his head to the left, he saw a narrow alleyway that looked safe enough for his escape. Heading down the alley, he tried not to inhale the awful odour coming from it. The alleyway smelled of piss and alcohol and looked as if it was hit by a bomb but Myungsoo didn’t care about that right now. He had one thing on his mind and that was to not get caught. Not again. Running down the alley he saw a man walking the opposite way and he knew he wasn’t going to be able to dodge him due to how tight the alley was. Sprinting faster, he shoved passed the young blonde guy who was immediately knocked into a pile of garbage. He looked behind him to see if the guy was alright only to notice the police officers at the other end of the alleyway. “Crap!"

~*~

“Hey! Get back over here!” The blonde guy got up from the ground brushing off the excess rubbish from his ragged clothes. The guy looked a mess with his tattered clothes and shoes. He almost looked like a street bum. He began to run but soon realised he had sprained his ankle during the fall.

“Damn it!” Gripping on to his ankle he looked around for the nearest person in sight. He wouldn’t usually do this in public but he had to track the kid down. He saw a young brunette guy walking past the other end of the alleyway. He seemed fit and looked like he could run a few metres or so.

“I guess you will do.” The blonde guy closed his eyes concentrating on the guy’s image as hard as he could. He began to feel light headed before collapsing on the garbage bags.

Opening his eyes, he found himself in the body of the brunette guy. Looking towards the alleyway, he didn’t see his body on the garbage bags. A smile crept to his face as he admired the man’s body he was in.

“Yukwon you did well today!” He looked around to see if he could find the kid but he couldn’t see him anywhere. He walked down the road to see if he turned a corner but it was no use, he lost him. Putting his hand on his hips, he let out a long sigh.

“All that work for nothing.” He was about to slip out of his host’s body but thought of something better to do.

“I think you and me have time for a little fun.” Yukwon smirked as he saw a park nearby. Walking towards the entrance he noticed a young woman sitting on a park bench in front of a small pond.

“Well, hello there!”

~*~

Meanwhile on top a high rise building, a hooded figure was looking through their telescope observing the two men that just met.

“It has started.” Walking towards their desk, they take out a small withered notebook from the top cupboard. Grabbing a pen, they slowly crossed out the guy’s names; Kim Myungsoo and Kim Yukwon.

“Two down, twelve to go.”

-

{A/N}

The first few chapters will pretty much be an introduction to everyone featured in this story, so it might be dull but I'll try and make sure it isn't the worse thing in the entire world lol