Cactus in Small Box

Cactus in Small Box

            Early morning the bird fly and singing like a Bruno Mars, he bring out a bicycle and throw outlook to the road. He sighs. “Forgot again. !” he ran to the main door while his eyes find something. “Mom, did you see a small box in here?” ask him while point at the shoe rack. His mother just shook her head.

            “Wth. Where’s that box. I thought last night I put on the shoe rack and…. screetttthhh….!!~~” he fell on the road with blood out of his head and body. “Help..! Help me, somebody help please. This young boy should be brought to the hospital.” People come around and look at him while waiting for an ambulance. He breathes slowly and his gaze is dark.

            The mother who gave birth worry about his son. She sits while waiting the news from the doctor. “Honey, I know our son is a though person. Oh God, please save him.” she keeps pray. She was crying. The lamp was switch off and the doctor comes out with a news. “Your son is good and his condition is stable.” the word from doctor make her hearts become life. She had nothing without her beloved son.

            “Luhan~ Mom is here. Did you hear me baby?” the mother come nearest and get his cold hand while the hair gently. The young boy tried to open his eyes and look at the women in front of him. “W..Who are you?” the tears falling down without knowing after she heard the word out from her son mouth. “Luhan! You not make a joke with mom right? I’m your mom and you are my son baby.” she tried to explain with hoarse tone due to detain grief.

            No mother want heard something bad about her children. She remembers one by one an explanation that the doctor talks about it. “The patient memory is weak to remember all things including his mother. So, I can give a suggestion to you.” she walk weakly while hold the wall. “Aunty, what happened to Luhan? He is okay? Why are you crying?” the question make her in sadness. The girl approach and comforts her with hug.

            Every day, the mother be patient to take care of her son. She makes anything related with him but none of the things is effective. She keeps on try the best for her son. Luhan locks himself in room, he afraid to walk out since he still doesn’t know who he is. “Tok, tok, tok.” the door is knocked. Suddenly his open, he saw the same girl in front of him. “Hi, Luhan. How are you?” she give lightly smile to her boyfriend. A warm hug she gave to him and she lean her head on his chest. “I miss you so much. Please, get well soon.” slowly he releases the hug and walk to the window. “I’m sorry.”

            After a month, Luhan still can’t remember the old memory. He keeps away from meet the people. On weekend, his girlfriend asks him for out. They go to the park. “Luhan, remember this place?” the girl hold his arm and bring him near the pond. He look into the water while hold his head. “I can’t.” the girl bring him to the garden that had a swing at there. Luhan look around and he sit on the swing. Suddenly, the girl remembers the things that can bring back Luhan memory.

            “Luhan, I know you still remember this box. Please say yes to me.” the girl hoping. She gives the small box to Luhan. He stares at the box. He opens the box and he looking at the gift. “A cactus?” the girl nodding against him. He takeout the cactus and he found a couple ring in the pot. All of a sudden, he cry without anything happened. He pulled his girlfriend and hugs her tightly while crying on her shoulder. “Boomi, I try find the box everywhere but I can’t found it after last night. Today, you bring it and it still safe. I thought I loss it or left it at a wrong place.” he talked much until the girl get confused and can’t understand the situation.

            “Luhan, I’m glad that you are comeback.” the boy looks at the girl and he frowned. “What do you say just now? Come back? Where am I going? The Mars?” he laughed like nothing happen on him. Boomi keep on smile and hug back her boyfriend while mumble in heart, “let the pain memory as a secret like a torn of the cactus and the sweet memory of us as a cold of water in the cactus.”

Nothing can beat the strong of the love. Luhan recovered from the illness. Luhan’s mother feels lucky when his son is back and all things back to be normal.