One Snowy Day

EXO Xmas Series: Miracles in December #1

You stood by the doorway, wearing a pink apron, carrying a tray of free hot cocoa samples and at the same time thinking back to why did you woke up late this morning. 

*Man! I should have woke up earlier a bit!* You sighed and just kicked the stones under your shoes. You had been punished to be the advertisement girl for today, standing in the cold with a tray of hot cocoa and a pink apron with your jacket and waitress outfit. You sighed and blew a raspberry and white smoke appeared in front of you because of the coldness.

You sighed once more and thought back about the incident that happened this morning. *I had another bad dream of my memories. Damn.* You thought.

"Let it all just be a dream.." You closed your eyes as you felt the coldness around you. *But it's so hard to forget them.* You thought and opened up your eyes.

"Hello." "WAH!" You jumped and the hot cocoas nearly toppled over. But the person grabbed hold of it and stare at you. You stare back at him. "Erm, do you need help with those?" He asked gently with a smile.

"Err.." You blinked at the flower boy in front of you. "Who are you?" You asked. The boy just smiled and grabbed the hot cocoa, "May I? It's a sample right?" He asked.

You nodded. "Yeah sure. Just drink it." The guy smiled and drank it slowly, you watched him as he drank. *This guy looks like a model from upclose and afar. Wow.*

He finished drinking it and gave you back the mug. "Wow. It's delicious. I feel better already. Today sure is cold, huh?" He asked. You just stare at him as how he talked so casually with you when you two had just met only.

"Erm, may I asked who are you?" You questioned. The guy stopped his blabbering and smiled. "Oh! Sorry. Where are my manners?" He chuckled and lightly hit his head.

He had a nice laugh and you have never heard someone with such a natural laugh before. *Wait! What am I thinking?!* You shook your head as he started to introduce himself.

"My name is Luhan. And I'm a new employee here." He said. You just blinked at him. "Employee?" You asked. He nodded. "Yes. May I speak with your boss?"

You nodded and led him in. "This way." You pushed open the door and he smiled as he entered the warm, cafe. You came in too and sighed in relief as you felt the warmth in the shop.

Your boss came out and eyed you, "Kyungmi. Your time is not yet up. Go back out and share the samples. You may only come in when samples are out." He angrily said it and pointed the exit for you.

"But-" You started. "No excuses! You were late and you brought this upon yourself." He said and Luhan just stare at you. "Erm, sir, actually, I was the one who told her to bring me in here. So I can speak with the boss." 

The boss stare at Luhan and asked. "And who are you?" He said. "I'm Luhan. And I'm your new employee. I assigned for a job yesterday, remember?" He said.

"Ah yes! How could I forget! You were the one who called me last night when I was sleeping." Said the boss as he remembered the terrible memory. "Because of you I didn't have enough sleep!" 

"Ah, sorry about that. I just moved in here and needed a job and a living." He said and bowed. "Sorry for the disturbance." 

"Nah, it's alright. You said you are good with making desserts right?" He asked. Luhan nodded. "Yup." 

"Well, come with me." Luhan obediently followed while you just stood there and blinked at him. "Erm, so can I-" "NO. Out you go, Kyungmi!" Said the boss as he snapped at you. You pouted and left the shop.

As you stood out in the cold, Luhan turn back and stare at you. You were quietly standing outside sharing hot cocoas. Luhan just tilted his head aside and blinked at your figure. *So, she's the one.* 


"HYUNG! HYUNG!" 

Suho stopped his research and looked up. Sehun bounced in happily with a phone in his hand as he frantically fling it around the air as someting important and big happened.

"What is it, Sehun? I'm still doing research on this person. We still can't find her location." Suho said as he blinked at Sehun. Sehun just showed him the phone and on the screen showed your cold figure standing outside of the coffee shop sharing some cocoas.

"This is her?" Suho asked. Sehun nodded. "Luhan hyung found her already!" 

Suho smirked. "That guy.." "So, are we gonna go meet her soon?" Sehun asked. Suho smiled and got up. "Just one moment. Tell the guys to get ready. I've got a meeting with the boss." Suho said as he exited his work office and went down the hall. Sehun just shrugged and went out of his work office, ready to tell the rest of the comrades about the target being found.

Suho stood in front of a big door and he knocked it twice. The door automatically opened up. Suho came in and bowed down to the boss, but the boss had his chair facing the its back to Suho.

Suho finished bowing and started talking. "We have found our target, sir. What is your motive for us?" He asked. The chair turn around, revealing the same old man on that night where you would always feed him food.

"Good. I need you and the 11 of our comrades to finished this job done." He said. Suho nodded. "I understand this part of your wish sir. But what I don't get is why are you being so nice to this girl? Other people would give food, but you never give them this part of your gift." 

The old man just smiled only. He didn't say anything more but just cleared his throat. "Go now. I need you guys to make her christmas happy and make it feel like it is a miracle. I need all of her happiness together. Remove her sorrows and memories." 

Suho nodded. "Understood. But sir, still, can you at least give me a hint?" The old man just sighed. "I can only say this much," He stare down at a picture frame on his table then softly smiled.

"She's different." 

Suho just blinked at his boss's confusing words but didn't ask more. He bowed and left. The old man grabbed the picture frame and sighed. "Haemi.."

He placed the picture frame down and stare at it for a few more seconds. *Do not worry. I have sent 12 princes to her. And let her see which one is her real prince.* 


"Kyungmi you can come in now!" Luhan came out and called out for you. 

He took a glance at you, you were standing there, still not moving. "Hey!" He called.

You remained silent. Luhan came out and patted your shoulder. "Hey." Your eyes blinked again and you stopped staring into space. You looked up and saw Luhan's eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked. You softly nodded. "Yeah." "You can come in now." He said and grabbed your wrist. "Woah!" He shrieked slightly. "Your hands are so cold! We need to get you inside now!" He grabbed your wrist and took the tray away from you.

Luhan placed you down on the chair, and you quietly sat down. "What were you doing just now?" Luhan asked as he set the tray of hot cocoas away.

He prepared hot water and a towel, plus a warm drink for you. He soaked the clothe with hot water and handed it to you. "Here." You took it from him and wiped your cold hands and fingers.

"Hey." He snapped his fingers in front of you. You blinked and jumped a bit. "Huh?"

"You okay?" He asked. You just smiled softly. "Yeah, fine." Luhan eyed you and observed you more. You noticed it and blinked at him. "What?"

*Not only is her body cold. But her heart is cold too. Was she remembering her past just now?* Luhan was about to asked when he opened his mouth, but he closed it at last. You stare at him weirdly as he had opened his mouth and closed it again.

Luhan just smiled at you. "You should drink up this drink. I made it for you." He said and handed you the hot drink. You slowly drank it down and Luhan smiled.

"So, you were late this morning?" He asked, trying to make conversation with you. You nodded. "Yeah." You felt gloomy remembering about the nightmares from this morning.

Luhan just eyed you some more. *This girl is filled with nightmares and hauting memories. Just what is her past, really?*

"Kyungmi!!" A voice called out and you looked up. Soyeon had bounced in and spotted Luhan there too. "Hey newcomer!" She smiled and Luhan nodded. "Sup Soyeon."

"You two became friends already?" You asked. Luhan laughed. "So-so! She kept gasping at evertyhing I did with the desserts." 

You chuckled at that. "That's normal. Soyeon likes cakes and desserts." "Aww! You know me so well~" Soyeon giggled. "Anyways! I came here to ask if you wanna come and eat dinner with me tonight." 

You just blinked at her. You kept quiet for some thought in mind, "Alright." You nodded. Soyeon beamed. "You too, newcomer!" Luhan just pointed at himself in a cute way. "Me?"

"Yeah!" Soyeon nodded. "May I?" He asked, looking at you. You just giggled at that. "It's your choice." You smiled. Luhan stare at your smile forawhile then nodded. "Alright!"