December in Seoul

EXO Xmas Series: Miracles in December #1

You stood by the company building. Waiting for the music producer to come out of that building. Waiting outside in the cold day.

You could feel that winter is coming soon. You wrapped your scarf around your neck tightly and fixed your beanie a little, making sure you're warm enough to not catch a cold.

You took out a few hot packs and shake them widly before entering it into your pocket jacket.

It was already evening. And you were out in the cold, waiting for a music producer to come out. 

Just so you could accomplished your goal. You had graduated out of arts school and is planning to become an artist.

You had always wanted to go to your favorite music company but they wouldn't let you in because you never made an appointment.

You thought that was a ricdiculous reason to not let you in, but since you didn't have a computer or anything. You never made an appointment online. You doubt that they will read your message too.

So, now, in the cold winter evening. You stood outside of the building, waiting for the music producer to come out and at the same time, freezing yourself to death.

A couple of hours passed by, and you're still out there, stnading. Waiting for the producer to come out. It's your only chance. If he doesn't accept your CD. You're not gonna success your dream.

*Ah! So cold. I hope he comes out soon!* You thought with a pout as you checked your watch. It was almost 10 and you hadn't ate dinner yet. If you stood out here any longer, you would have died of hunger and also freeze yourself to death.

But thankfully, the fogged up glass door slide open and out came the music producer you were waiting for. 

"Oh! Seongsaengnim!" You went over, waving your arms out frantically in the cold air. Which was a bad thing since you were already freezing.

The person stopped and turn to you, he took off his shades and blinked at you. "Oh. It's you again." He said lamely, uninterested.

"What do you want this time? And would you stop calling me that? You're not even a trainee here." He lightly scolded and scoffed. You bowed and panted as you stood in front of him.

"Well? Don't waste my time now!" He snapped. You hurriedly catch your breath and handed your CD of your own composed songs to him.

"Please accept this!" You bowed while handing the CD case with two hands out. The guy stood there, rolling his eyes as he spotted your CD.

"Another one?" He asked. You just pouted at that and nodded. "Um, yeah.. I wanted you guys to hear all of my songs." You softly mumbled.

"Aish." He said with an irritated tone. "Look girl, it would be a pleasure if you stopped wasting your time waiting outside of our building. Also, we can't accept you. We heard your songs before." He said out straightforwardly.

"Huh?" You looked up at him, confused. *Can't accept me? Why?*

"We really couldn't accept you." He said. "But why?" You asked, really confused.

"Have you ever heard your own songs? They are emotionless. We heard one of your happy songs in one of your CD case. Your vocals are good I admit. But you must have a natural bright tone to it. Not force it. Music is all about feelings and souls put into it when you sing. But when we listen to yours, it's like you've been punished to sing a happy song, and you were hating it at the same time." He shook his head and sighed.

Then he put back his shades and went in the van, "Don't come back and waste time, kid. Just go and search for another dream." He said then closed the door.

The van zoomed off into the dark night and you stood there under the cold wind. It was cold, dark, and the atmosphere was sad. You sighed and stare down at your CD as the producer words replayed in your mind.

"They are emotionless."

"Music is all about feelings and souls put into it when you sing."

"It's like you've been punished to sing a happy song."

"And you were hating it at the same time.."

You sniffled and felt something cold slide down your cheek and dripped onto your thumb. You blinked, shocked to know that you have cried.

Guess you had a direct hit on the heart. A very painful one at that too. *But, why? I have all my dreams in this. And I was rejected. All these years were for... nothing?* You thought and squeezed your eyes shut as the pain came back in your chest as it was harder to breathe now.

You calm down after a moment of tears, then started to walk home.

You shut the door behind you with a sad thump, you slammed yourself onto the door and crouched down to the ground and curled yourself up into a ball to cry yourself out.

*I was rejected. I was rejected.*

You cried harder than ever when you remember your memories, your parents hardwork. *Emotions, feelings, why can't I sing these out? Damn it!* 


 

"Things come and go.."

"Like your old stuffs and toys, once their time is up. You have to leave them all behind someday." 

"But,"

"What happens to those meaningful memories then? What do I do with them now?" 

"I'm lost."

You opened your eyes after remembering your past memories, you got up and stare at the window. It was covered in white snow, *Oh, it snowed.* You thought and gently watched as the snow falls and falls endlessly.

*December has arrived again.* You thought with a sigh.

You got out of bed and to the window. You turn on some relaxing music, and stood by the window, leaning your head on it. Feeling the snow's coldness. You stare out the window and spotted the brightest star ever in the nightsky.

Twinkling back at you. Like it's smiling at you.

*Christmas is coming.* You thought softly and closed your eyes. *Even though I don't believe in this. But, please santa, I need a miracle this year. A wonderful miracle.*

You opened your eyes after the wish then your lips slowly cracked a small smile. It wasn't much of a smile. But you smiled slightly. 

*I just hope this christmas is different.*