I want to live with you, forever and a day.

Forever and a Day

 

Miss independent. The well known student of Nam San University, known to be well-groomed, pretty, loving, caring, intelligent, and independent. Yes. She was Miss Independent, because basically, her name is Miss Independent. Amber Josephine was her name, but she goes by her nickname, Miss Independent. Quite awkward for a student but yes, it was hers.
 
She dreamed to be a lawyer, she wanted justice. Just like what she always wanted ever since her parents were murdered when she was only 4. She loved them dearly. She was an orphan. And she never wanted anything but to please them. That’s Miss Independent.  Living on her own, working as a part-time librarian at school. She cooks, cleans, knows everything. That’s her.
 
One day she would never forget, the day it was raining so hard, curse the rain! And yet she was staying in the library. Well, that’s her job. As a scholar student, the monthly allowance wasn’t enough just for her. Why did her parents just had to die in the first place? She was thankful for everything that people gave her. They supported her ever since. She loved them all. Well, everybody does love her. At the thought, she smiled. Not noticing the wet student standing on the library door through the clear glass window knocking vigorously.
 
“Please open the door!” The student shouted. She rushed to the door to find her homeroom classmate, Kibum standing like a wet cloth in the doorway.
 
“Oh sorry. Come in.” She said and pulled him in.
 
“Why did you soak yourself in the rain?” She said while searching her bag for some extra clothes.
 
“My dad couldn’t pick me up so I decided to stay here.” He said and sat on one of the chairs.
 
“Here. Extra shirt.” She said and handed her shirt.
 
“I never knew you had a brother.” He said and laughed.
 
“Yah! It’s mine. Ppali ah! Just change. Your gonna get sick if you stay like that!” She said. Key just obeyed. She watched as he took off his uniform. She saw something on his back. It was dark and looked like something bigger.
 
“Key, is that a bruise?” She said examining and found a bigger one on his chest.
 
“What happened? You got beat up?” She asked looking pitiful at the dark bruise turning violet because of the damage.
 
“It’s nothing. I just fell.” He said and put the shirt on.
 
“Fell? Just tell me Key.” She said. They both sat on the library chairs and Key began explaining. His dad was abusing him. Whenever he wants even if he’s not doing anything. He says his mom doesn’t know what his father does to him. He started to soften up. She hugged him, a sign that she was there.
 
A few weeks passed after they met. They became closer. Indeed, like best friends. Well, Miss Independent had many friends, but never had a best friend. They shared secrets, and fooled around, protecting each other, and more or less, falling for each other. They loved being with each other. They loved it even if teachers in the library would scold them when they were really noisy. Until the painful week. The exact week she last saw her parents. And..Kibum.
 
“Your going to Canada?” She asked tears in her eyes. They were in their same meeting place, the library.
 
“I have to. Dad says I’ll be better off there.” He said. Tears started falling down her cheeks. Why does everyone she love go away?
 
“Sssh, Amber. You’ll be fine. I’ll call. I’ll send letters. We can still be best friends, right?” He said which made her cry harder. She didn’t want him as a best friend. He wanted him as, hers. He just hugged her tight. I hope he feels my heartbeat, she thought.
 
“Will you ever come back?” She said breaking the hug.
 
“I will after I graduate. We’re in the last year of high school right? It’ll just be a matter of time.” He said. She just cried and cried.
 
“Key, come back okay? I will always wait for you. Always.” She said and buried her head in his chest.
 
Six years later..
 
Amber’s POV
 
“It has been six painful years, Key. Six years. You left me when we were in high school. I’ve graduated college now. And you didn’t even bother to write or send me postcards.” She murmured as she stared at her best friend’s picture on her desk.
 
“Miss Amber, you have a letter.” Suzy, her assistant said and gave her the letter.
 
Normal POV
 
“How is Miss Independent doing today?” She asked sitting on one of the chairs.
 
“Suzy, life being a lawyer is hard especially when you’re a fresh graduate.” She said opening the letter.
 
“WHAT?!” Amber suddenly screamed. Her eyes widened in shock.
 
“What’s wrong?” Suzy asked.
 
“It says my true identity isn’t real.” She said.
 
“What do you mean not real?” Suzy asked.
 
“Remember, I was adopted by my parents and when they dies they still had unfinished papers. The law says they have to put my last name as Liu.” She explained and sighed.
 
“You need a new nameplate!” Suzy said.
 
“Yeah and at least my name has more style than before.” She chuckled.
 
“Suzy, I’ll just go and follow up these papers for clarification okay? Take care!” Amber said and rushed off taking her Coach bag with her. She decided to review on the letter that they gave her while walking her way out of her company’s office.
 
“Check, check, crossed, check, crossed, che- OWW!” She screamed as a guy wearing a stylish suit bumped her. She didn’t bother to ask help and just picked up the documents.
 
“Mister, please watch where… y-your..” She stuttered as she looked up at the man in front of her.
 
“Kibum I missed you!” She said and hugged him. Her heart fluttered knowing he hugged her back.
 
“You never miss anything Miss Independent.” He said and broke the hug.
 
“It’s only you I missed, dear. Not only missed, but loved.” She said and smiled.
 
“Silly, I love you too!” Key said and held her hand. She smiled remembering the last time he held it.
 
“I missed that too.” She said.
 
“Really? I’m sure you’ll always miss this.” He said and kissed her. They kissed for quite a long time. Amber broke the kiss knowing everyone was looking. She just bowed down her head.
 
“Amber, look up.” Key said. She looked up and something shiny was falling from the sky. She quickly catched it and was stunned of the ring. It was silver and had two little hearts made of Swarovski.
 
“Miss Independent, I know your really busy, but please answer my question!” Key shouted.
 
“Key don’-“ He cut him off saying,
 
“Will you be mine forever and a day?” He said and kneeled. Amber’s heart was pounding.
 
“Yes. Even if you’ll add another three months to that. We’ll have to prepare for the wedding!” She joked. Key carried her and turned her around.
 
“I love you.” She said.
 
“I love you 1.” He replied.
 
“2” Amber said sticking out her tongue.
 
“3.” Key said making a pouty face.
 
“4! 5! 6! 7!” Amber shouted.
 
“Forever!” Key said.
 
“And three months!” Amber said.
 
“Of course.” She said kissed his forehead.
 
-End.
 
Hope you guys liked it! :D