Memories

Memories

I strolled into her room on level 6 or the pschiatrc ward. I went into her room and sat on the chair beside her bed. She looked up from her book and slammed it shut. She jumped out of beg to hug me around the neck.

"Chen oppa! Guess what today is?" She hopped around me.

"December 19th. Thursday. Why?" I played a joke with her because at this moment I was melting.

"What?" She pouted. I chuckled and took a pink bracelet and wrapped it around her wrist , snappng it shut. She jumped around once again. She pulled me up from the comfy chair and pushed me out the room. I leaned against the door as I heard the rustling of her clothes inside. I knew she was trying to find something to where out, since she can only leave this ward once a month. She opened the door having me stumble back and she giggled at my clumsiness and wrapped her arms around my left arm. She hugged it as we walked down the halls and towards the exit She waved her friends good-bye and the waved back. We went down the lobby and out towards the elevator and down to level 1 and out to the streets of Seoul. She took a whiff of fresh air and picked a flower. She took her book from her bag and put he flower inside and closed it as a token of her memories.

"What are we going to do today?" She wondered as we made our through the crowds of people and to the park.

"Park. There's a festival today." When we were near it, she let go of my arm and went running towards the booths. One caught her eyes specifically. She liked the aquarium. She had her eyes on this blue beta. She just stared at it the whole time.

"Throw this ball into one of the jars with a plastic fish and you get to keep that fish." She saw me walk towards her and she ran to me and pulled me o the booth. She pointed at the fish and jumped around. I pulled out my wallet and paid the man a bill for a ball and another bill each time she failed. I took my last bill  and got myself a ball and threw it towards the back where she couldn't get to. The guy then scooped up the blue beta and put it in a fish bowl.

"Have fun, you two." He said and waved bye. I hope they take card around here. I walked towards the swing sets and she followed me. We sat down on the swings and she held onto her fish for dear life.

"I'll be right back." I said and ran off to the food section and bought 3 of the cheapest, but most popular items from a food cart that accepted card. I walked back over to her and she was talking to Blue. I guess that's what she named her fish. I don't think it was very creative, but it was adorable.

"Hungry?" I held out a bowl of hot, chicken porridge. She looked at the fish. She pouted.

"I'll talk to you later." She set the fish on the bench where we put our things. She sat back down.

"Hey oppa... what's this?" She asked as she kicked a box that was buried in the sand. I read it and it said FANTASTIC PLASTIC CONDOMS. I kicked the box away and laughed awkwardly.

"What was that all about?" She laughed at my nervous face. When she lost her memories, it was like she gained more innocence. Sure she was innocent before, but she at least knew about these thing and I'm sure she would be just as scarred as before when I tell her about and how it works.

"Nothing." I scratched my head and took a bite of my rice ball.

"I have a question. Do you think I'll remember anything any time soon?" Honestly I didn't know and I didn't want to know. I want to be surprised when she does get her memories back, but if she wouldn't I rather not hear it.

"Do you remember me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do." She said. I was hoping she was answering like she had a somewhat memory of before the accident. She then continued, shattering my heart again. "You're Chen, but I don't remember anything else before that day. I just know you're a really good guy and I wish my boyfriend. No. Nevermind."

"If you can't remember your old memories..." I started. She glanced over at me and back to her porridge and took a bite.

"Let's create new memories, like what we're doing now." I stood up pulled her towards my body as she dropped her bowl onto the sand. I held her hands close to my heart. I gave a short peck that took all my courage. She looked at me stunned. I looked away embarrassed. I let go of her and she tapped her noggin.

"Memory saved. It's called a first kiss right?" She laughed at my red face.

'You can say that." Memory 7,665. A memory for each day of m life with her. Happiness finally.