Chapter 1

My Miracle

I was standing at the gate of FNC Entertainment Company, located at 111 Cheongdamndong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. The neighbourhood was eerily quiet at this time of the day, 11am. Most passer-bys must be wondering why a girl in her early twenties, carrying a backpack that seems to be on the verge of bursting and dragging a luggage bag that had dents here and there, is standing on the street of one of Seoul`s most wealthy neighbourhoods. 

I smelled the air. It had a certain pristine freshness to it, one that tickled my nostrils and made it hurt a little. Even the air is different, I thought to myself. 

I took a deep breath, and made my first step into FNC. 

After entering the gate, (which was open suprisingly), on my right was a security guard post which no one was at, on my left was the reception. I pushed open the glass door and headed to the counter to register myself. 

"Hey Melissa! Over here!" The voice came from one of the other finalists, June. She asks everyone to call her by her english name (June) and when asked of the reason, she says she likes the month of June because it is summer, 

I smiled and walked over to her where she was sitting with Mike, the third finalist. 

"We would be meeting the CEO in few mintues, Are you nervous?" 

I shook my head and continued making small talk with June and Mike. 


5 mintues later, we were urshed to a conference room where the CEO was already waiting for us. 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Please take a seat!"

After we all sat down, we were given a thick folder which he later told us that it was our contract. We were told to take our time to read it carefully before signing. 

The lines after lines of words made my head hurt and I decided that since I have already decided to be an idol, no pirce is too large to pay for my dream. I took a pen out of my bag and proceeded to sign.

"Very good. All of you are very eager to start your traniee days at FNC, yes?"

We all nodded in agreement. 

"Mike, you play the bass? June, you play the drums? And, Melissa, you are vocals and in the process of learning the guitar, correct?"

We all nodded. 

"Good, looks like my memory hasn`t failed me yet. Hahahaha! Someone will bring you to your dorms shortly and your schedules will be given to you. Go and have a short rest before you will be introduced to your sunbaes (seniors) !"


We were given individual dorms that consisted of a small kitchen, living room, bedroom and there was a balcony that overlooked the Han River! I couldn`t contain my excitement as I looked at the early afternoon view of the famous river. I decided to quickly unpack and take a stroll along the river.

Grabbing my camera, I headed towards the river, ready to take some pictures. 

This is such a beautiful city, i mused to myself as my camera clicked away. 

It was a cloudless day and in the distance I could see the Seoul Tower. I promised myself that I would tour around Seoul one day. 

Just then, my phone rang. It was June telling me to head back to FNC. 

Omo, omo, I thought to myself, I am going to be late!


How did you guys find the first chapter? i decided to give my original characters english names as it is easier. I promise the second chapter is going to be more interesting. Please leave your comments below THANK YOU <3 (: