Touring

Endearing

The first part of the tour was rather awkward; Anna walked in silence slightly behind Changmin, who would occasionally point out something of interest. The other boy, who still hadn’t introduced himself, walked a few strides behind them both, slouching with his hands crossed behind his head in a casual stroll.

On a particularly quiet part of the tour, Anna gathered the courage to ask what she’d been wondering the entire time. “Uh, Changmin?”

He turned to look at her, not breaking his stride. “Yes?”

“Well, er thanks for taking me on this tour… I really appreciate it.”

He nodded, waiting for her to continue.

“I was just wondering where Hongki is?”

“Hongki?” Changmin frowned. “Lee Hongki?”

Anna nodded confirmation, and Changmin shook his head.  “He’s busy. The school has requested I show you around.”

“Oh, okay.”

The atmosphere became slightly more uncomfortable after this, but Anna was too absorbed in her own thoughts to truly notice. Hongki had definitely promised to take her on a tour… well, maybe he was really busy. Of course he would have more things to do than just show her around. He’d already come to pick her up from the airport after all! And surely he’d come to see her later and apologise.

It’s not like this tour was awful; Changmin was very thorough and well-informed (not to mention handsome!), telling her about the history of the school as well as how to navigate it. The other guy was somewhat creepy, but she ignored him.

Bringing herself out of her thoughts, Anna focused on what Changmin was telling her about the school instead. There were lots of rules to remember, different to the ones she’d had to follow in England but that was to be expected.

After a tour of the main school, Changmin took her to the main reception and the receptionist found her a timetable and a school planner. Anna thanked her and took them, looking at her timetable and realising that despite the tour, she had no idea how to get to any of her classes. Curse her short-term memory!

Changmin noticed her look of horror, and carefully took the timetable from her to study, then offered a small smile. “Don’t worry Anna, we have the same classes. I can come and pick you up from your dorm tomorrow and take you to your first class.”

Anna looked at him like he was a saint. “Really? Thank you so much!” She sighed in relief. Changmin nodded, looking happy for the first time since they started the tour. Anna couldn’t help but think he looked handsome when he smiled. Instead of looking unapproachable, he actually looked kind.

“Shall I walk you back to your dorm?” He asked, the small smile still tentatively on his face.

She smiled, and nodded. “Yes please~”

They walked slowly back to her dorm, making small talk while the other guy trailed behind, still observing.

Reaching her dorm, Anna turned to Changmin and smiled. “Thank you so much! You’ve been so helpful~”

Changmin smiled again, “You’re welcome. If you need anything else, just let me know. I’ll come pick you up at quarter to seven tomorrow morning. Have a good night.” Anna returned the sentiment, and went into her dorm… and collapsed in bed and instantly fell asleep.