My Rainbow

My Rainbow

After writing in his journal, Dongwoo closed it with a smile as he read one of his favourite quotes that was scribbled on the cover.

"Everyone wants happiness. No one wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."

He strongly believes in that quote, and he has experienced the rain before. 

Looking at the slim figure sitting at the desk, typing away on his laptop, Dongwoo's smile widened. 

Sungjong, his name was Lee Sungjong. He was the one who had appeared in his life all of a sudden, just after he had went through all the pain, the pain of losing a loved one. He had thought that was his other half, but no, he was proven wrong when he was betrayed and cheated on. The rain he felt then had felt like a terrible storm, one that was filled with thunder and lightening, completed by a heavy downpour. Everything had seemed gray and gloomy, which then turned into black and white as he slowly gave up on his life. Just as he was suffering from the cold, just as he was about to give in to the rain, Sungjong appeared. It seemed as if all the colours of the world had returned, all more vibrant and strong than before. Sungjong had brought away the storm, bringing a beautiful and warm sun with him. Sungjong had dried up all of his tears, wiping him dry and clean, providing him warmth. And the one thing that Dongwoo lacked the most, Sungjong had brought it, and that was hope. 

He had brought hope, the hope to live again, the hope to see the world's beautiful side again, and the hope to love once more. Sungjong had also given Dongwoo a reason to continue on, going back to being the jolly person he once was, going back to carrying the smile he had always hung on his face. Lee Sungjong had done all that, and Dongwoo was grateful. More than that, he loved the younger man. Seeing his smooth, feminine face and his smile which showed off his pearly white teeth made Dongwoo smile, and Dongwoo would do anything to see it everyday for the rest of his life. 

"Hyung!!" A voice jerked Dongwoo out of his daydream.

"AHHH!" Dongwoo shouted as he toppled backwards onto his bed when he saw the younger's face in front of him. 

Letting out a laugh, Sungjong said, "Hyung, what were you thinking of? You didn't even notice I was there!" Another series of laughter followed as Sungjong saw Dongwoo scrambling to get up, only to hit his head against the top bunk bed. 

Rubbing his head in pain, Dongwoo looked up at Sungjong, trying to stop his laughter as he clutched onto his stomach. A smile broke out on Dongwoo's face, and he replied, "Nothing, just thinking about you. What else would I be thinking of?" 

Hearing Dongwoo's reply, Sungjong's laughter stopped, and a blush crawled up to his cheeks. 

"I... I'm going back to doing my work." Sungjong said before rushing back to the laptop. 

Still smiling, Dongwoo let out a small chuckle and continued staring at the younger's back. 

I think I have found my rainbow. Dongwoo thought happily.

Now, he's just hoping that rainbow won't fade away. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A short Dongjong oneshot! Mostly fluffy, I should say. :) Thank you so much for reading! *showers you with candy* They're soft, don't worry. :D Comment please! *looks at you with Woohyun's puppy dog eyes*