Final

Slipping [Sequel to Three Days]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So sorry for the long wait... I hope you guys enjoy this sequel.

Life is a cruel reality. It gives and it takes. No matter how much I wish I could run away from it, Life still harshly pulls me back, making me realize there is no escaping it.


I thought leaving us behind would be the best for both of us.


That we would both move on eventually.


I thought it was harder for me than it was for you.


But look at us now.


You're in the hospital, laying quietly in bed like you're sleeping.


And me, still helplessly by your side.


I was slipping, slowly but surely.


Because I love you.


"Pabo, wake up. Open your eyes. Yell at me. Get up." I murmured, my voice cracking. I bit my lip, knowing that he wouldn't open his enticing, dark chocolate eyes for me on command. Looking over his facial features, my fingers unconsciously traced a line from his cheek to his jaw line. He looked like he was sleeping. He looked peaceful. But I knew he wasn't. He wasn't asleep. He wasn't going to wake up soon. He was hit by a car. He was in a coma. He was hurt. And it was my fault. I was to blame and my heart was breaking. Slowly. Painfully.


"W-why? Why did you save me? Byun Baekhyun, why did you push me out of the way?" I clenched my hands into fists as the tears finally slipped down my face.

 
He loves you. That's why he saved you.


Impossible. If he loved me, he would have changed before I tried to leave.


I clutched my chest, the dull, aching pain continuing to eat away at me. All I could do was watch and wait. And I never felt more useless.

 


"Yumi, let's go out and eat." I blinked as I tilted my head up to Suho before shaking it quickly.


"I'm not hungry, oppa. I'm okay. If you're hungry, you should go and eat without me." Suho frowned as he shook his head also. He sighed heavily as he glanced over at Baekhyun.


"Yumi, you haven't eaten for days. Baekhyun wouldn't want to see you starving yourself. He would want you to take care of yourself."


My gaze fell to the ground as my heart thumped painfully. I wasn't starving myself.... Right?


"Please go out and eat with me?" I bit my lip as I heard the worry and sincerity in his words. I let out a heavy sigh as I looked over at Baekhyun, silently debating on whether or not to go.


"Yumi please. You need to eat something. We can bring it back here and you can eat it here if you want. I just want to see you eat something." Suho sighed as he took a hold of my wrist, catching my attention also. My eyes widened as my gaze met his, fatigue and worry clouding his dark brown eyes. "Please?" He reiterated almost silently.


"Okay okay.. But I want to eat it here oppa.." I murmured as I looked back over Baekhyun. The corners of Suho's lips turning upward slightly, he nodded, obviously happy with my decision.


"Okay! Let's go then so we can get back here as quick as possible." He exclaimed as he made his way toward the door. I merely nodded once more before following after him, stopping right before I left the room.


"I'll be right back, Baek. As soon as possible." I murmured before exiting the room, closing the door silently.

 


I quietly opened the doors to the hospital's small garden area. This was my safe haven. The one place where I wouldn't be too far, but be able to find peace.


I sat quietly on the bench, looking at the shrubbery the hospital had planted. The flowers reminded me of the ones I had taken care of at home. At our home. I never knew that this place would remind me of him so much. Of us.


I sighed as I laid onto the bench, looking up at the sky. I stretched my hand up toward the sky as if trying to touch it.


"Excuse me, miss, is this seat taken?" Closing my book, I blinked as I looked at the man in front of me, my eyebrows slowly knitting together before shaking my head no. He smiled as he sat next to me, clearing his throat. Awkwardly, I looked back down to my book, continuing where I had last left off.


"Can I have directions?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I immediately turned back to the person next to me, feeling a little irritated for being disturbed.


"To where..?" I trailed off slowly as I placed my book into my bag.


"Your heart." I bit back a smile as I raised an eyebrow at him.


"Sorry, but you'll have to find your own way there, Mr...?" I trailed off as I gave him a questioning gaze, slowly starting to slip on my backpack.


"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." He said with a grin, causing a smile to spread across my face.


"Choi Yumi."

 

I blinked as I stared awkwardly into the sky. I couldn't help but smile as I recalled how we had met. How cheesy Baekhyun is- was . I could never forget the day I had first met him or the day he had confessed to me.


"Hey Yumi, I can't seem to remember my phone number..."


"Ah, I'm sorry, I don-"


"Can I have yours instead?"


I laughed softly and shook my head, rolling my eyes at another one of his pickup lines he would try to use.


"Mr. Byun, how would knowing my phone number help you remember yours?" I asked, raising my eyebrows questioningly. My breath hitched as his cheeks turned slightly pink.


"A-ah, well... Y-you see.." He cleared his throat as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. I hummed softly as I put on my backpack, getting ready to head off to my next class.


"Well Baekhyun-ssi, if you don't have an answer, I'll be heading off then." I smiles as I turned, starting to leave.


"I like you."


My heart raced as I froze in place, my eyes widening. I gulped as I turned to face him, my cheeks flushing dark red.


"W-wha-"


"I like you, Choi Yumi." Baekhyun said confidently, stepping forward and closing the distance between us. The bell rang as he lifted my chin with his fingers.


"I like you. So tell me Yumi, do you like me?" I blinked as all the words got ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter