Small Bump

Jongin doesn’t want to admit it but he’s still too happy that he can’t bring himself to sleep. It’s already 5 am so he gave up on it. Sleeping beside him is the most beautiful girl ever to exist. A too beautiful girl whose cheeks are slightly illuminated by the morning sunlight seeping through the curtains, casting a surreal glow on her pale skin with her lips slightly parted and it took all in him not to kiss her awake. He never thought that love is real until she came in his life, bringing with her magic and madness and everything in between.

Lying on his side, his thoughts are lost somewhere between plaid or printed linens and lavender baby elephant plushies(but he knows a friend who's got a thing for alpaca plushies so why not) just like how his fingers are aimlessly wandering on the small bump on her stomach. She’s wearing one of his old shirts and her hair is tousled from sleep on his white pillowcase and she is very ing beautiful it hurts. He scoot closer to her, tucked a loose strand of hair beneath her ear and kissed her forehead ever so lightly.

From now on, it’s not just gonna be him and himself alone. He’s got her and their baby in her womb and he’s both ridiculously happy and scared at the same time. Both Jongin and Soojung knew that being 18 and in college is definitely not the best time to have a baby. But they also know that it’s not the worst. So when she found out and she came knocking on his apartment a month ago crying, he let her in, hugged her tight, and wiped her tears away.

“Don’t cry. It’s not something to cry about. Do you trust me, Soojung?” He cupped her face and kneeled infront of her. Honestly, he doesn’t know what to do or what to say but he doesn’t want to lie.

“Y-yes..”

“Soojung, I don’t know how this works and I’m not gonna lie about that,” for a second he saw terror flash in her eyes and her hands immediately flew around her stomach.

“Jongin, No I’m not gonna abort the ba—”

“No, we won’t. Soojung, I will take responsibility. What I’m saying is that we have no ing clue on how to become parents or how to raise a child… but we will raise the baby no matter what.”

Soojung felt at ease with his words. He’s not promising anything but she knows that he will do just anything for their baby. No flowery lies, just determination for their sake because that’s Jongin. She loved him because of that but she loved him even more now because of this. He kissed her and all her inhibitions vanished along with her tears and worries. He’s right; it’s not something to cry about.

“I know we’re foolish and stupid and clueless but I also know that I will not regret this decision ten years from now. Sorry if you have to stick with me forever but I’m not sorry. I will take care of you and him..or her…” Jongin placed his hands on her stomach,

“And Jung Soojung, I love you.” And he smiled, kissed her and she fell in love again like how she did four years ago. Suddenly, being pregnant at eighteen doesn’t seem to be such a bad thing at all.