Final Distance

Final Distance

I rub my head as I feel someone just threw a paper on my head. I look around the class first so noone would notices me. I tilt my head to the side and slowly open the crumple paper. It's written ;

 

Hey, wanna go to the rooftop after this?

 

Without even thinking I already knew it was him who threw the paper. It was Kai. I turn my head to his seat which is on the back. I shoot him a death glare. He chuckles and smirks. I roll my eyes as I turn my head back.

"Sojin. What's that on your table?" The teacher suddenly asked while pointing to the paper.

My eyes grew widen. "Its a..."

All those students turn their head to me like there's some kind of magic show.

"It's clearly looks like a paper." Kai scoffed.

I gulped. I turn to him and shake my head, not wanting him to get into a trouble.

"Kai." The teacher sighed. "You have detention after school. " He raises his brows.

"Sure thing." Kai said calmly.

That's the typical of Kai. He doesn't scared of anything. He's the bad boy in the school. Every girls are drooling over him and boys are jealous over him. And he-

Kringgggggggggggg.

And that's the sound of the bell ringing.

Finally. I quickly pack my things and zip up my bag.

Suddenly Kai came and he sits on my table. He smiles softly. "Remember rooftop." He caresses my cheek and quickly leaves me alone dumbfounded.

I drop my jaw as I remember what just happened. "That jerk is going to die soon." I bite my lips hard as I groan loudly. "ARGH!"

 

"What the hell, Sojin?"

I turn around and see my classmate looks at me weirdly. "Nothing. Haha." I smile at her and leave the class.

 

I make my way quickly to the rooftop. I bet Kai is tired waiting for me already. I smile to myself. But what does he wants to talk about? Im curious. I finally there. I push the door and step outside.

I look around and search for him but he's nowhere to be found. "I hope he's gone already. "

"What took you so long?" Kai suddenly appeared from the back.

Sometimes, he's like so creepy, really.

"Kai! What did you just do before, mister?" I asked as I fold my arms.

"What? I don't remember." He sits on the bench and taps the seat besides him. "Come and sit here."

Good now he's making me looks like his pet. So I do what he said and sit beside him.

Our thighs are so close that I could feel it. I turn my head slowly to Kai and his eyes are closes while his arms are crosses. He looks surely tired.

"You know staring is rude." He smiles tenderly.

I blinked several times. "I wasn't. " I look away.

"Liar." He scoffed.

I tch-ed. How arrogant.

"So, what do you want me to here?" I asked.

He stretches his arms, making me move a little."To accompany me. "

"Hey stop it." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry not sorry." He said playfully, probably enjoy teasing me.

I ignored him.

 

Kai is busy playing with his phone. He's weird, he told me to accompany him but he just ignores me like I don't even exist.

 

"I'm going. " I said as I about to leave. But he quickly grabs my arm. I turn to his direction. "What?" I asked annoyingly.

"Why can't you stay here for a while?" He stares at me deeply.

God. Please, stop that stare.

"I have to go back to class." I said as I'm trying to release my arm but oh well he's a way to strong.

He then pulls me back to the bench, making me bump a little to him. "Can you stay here? I have to go somewhere. Only 5 mins. Don't leave, alright?" He said. He stands up from the bench and leaves me. And me? Im just speechless.

"This guy.." I sighed. I take out my phone which is in my pocket and start listening to music. "At least my phone is here so I won't feel bored or lonely. " I smiled to myself and close my eyes.

 

-After 15 mins-

 

"Where's that guy?Does he even knows that I feel lonely and bored?!" My battery dies already so I have nothing left to do. I pout as I about to leave but someone calls me.

 

"Sojin!"

 

I turn around and there is he. Kai. I sit back and ignored him. Honestly, I'm upset.

"Did you wait for too long?" He asked.

Seriously?Kai?

I ignored him.

He pokes me. "Hey."

I ignored him and pretend to play with my phone.

"Sojin please. Your phone's battery dies." He rolls his eyes.

I ignored him still.

"Are you mad?" He asked.

Of course, genius.

"You're cute when you're mad." He pinches my left cheek gently.

My cheeks slowly becomes red. No way, I can't blush in front of him.

"And you're blushing. " He said.

Well, .

"Soji-"

I cut off. "Kai? I thought you went for 5 mins only but seems like you can't keep your promise!" I said, almost yelling.

He looks at me confusedly. "I was trying to call you but your phone dies."

Oh Right. Now I don't know what to answer.

"No need to feel sorry. I'm the one who's wrong." He said. "It was my mistake to left you for so long. "

"I-"

He cuts off. "I brought something." He then gives me a small box.

I look at him and he's eating a cupcake. "What's inside?" I asked.

"This." He pointed to his cupcake.

 

I open the box and there's this small cupcake and cute. I take a look clearly and I found a small paper slips under the cupcake. It's written.

Be mine?

 

I blink several times and rub my eyes so that I could read it clearly. But its really written that. My cheeks start to burns.

"Kai." I called him.

"Hmm?" He asked like there's nothing happened.

"Did..you wrote this?" I asked.

He stops eating and turns to look at me. "Yes. So what's your answer?"

YES YES YES

Wait, let me think for a while. We've been a good friends since grade 6. Its not a problem to accept it right? Besides, I have this feeling for him too.

"Yes." I said softly.

"I can't hear you." He scoffed.

This guy....

"Yes, Kai!" I said, almost yelling.

"That's better. " He said and smiled. He then pulls me closer to him and encircles his arm around my waist. He gives a peck on my forehead making me blush madly. "Why don't you eat you cupcake?" He asked.

"It's too cute to be eaten." I chuckled.

He smirks. "Sojin, I lov-"

 

"You two!" Before he could finish his sentence the teacher came and shouted. "Detention after school!"

 

Me and Kai turn and look at each others, chuckling. "I love you." He smiled.